Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
3% of users using a feature fully is much different than users using a feature occasionally.

An analog here is zOMG: a very small percentage of active users on the site will advance to CL 10.0. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't have the feature -- rather, that many people will use it a little bit, and a few will put in the time to advance all the way to the end.

The Undead Suitor
@ the first page

TL;DR

anyways,

why in the world did you spend time working on a system only 3% of the users would ever use or enjoy.

I mean, I know you love dividing users into social groups for shits and giggles or something, but come on. Level 1 formulas should use incredibly easy to find and cheap items, and each level gets progressively harder, cash shop and RIG items should be limited to levels 6-9.

Stop letting artists decide how rare their own items should be. Their egos are large enough.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Couldn't help being this late today, hopefully a dev snags this.

The event item in the Wing Scouts' Treehouse for Pie Hard With a Vengeance was an alchemy formula, with the needed components found during the event. Can we expect this to become a regular thing for Gaia Events as a way of promoting Item Alchemy? And if so, will all Treehouse recipes be level 1? (I fully intend to build my level, but not everyone does...)

Divine Muse

Panagrammic
3% of users using a feature fully is much different than users using a feature occasionally.

An analog here is zOMG: a very small percentage of active users on the site will advance to CL 10.0. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't have the feature -- rather, that many people will use it a little bit, and a few will put in the time to advance all the way to the end.

The Undead Suitor
@ the first page

TL;DR

anyways,

why in the world did you spend time working on a system only 3% of the users would ever use or enjoy.

I mean, I know you love dividing users into social groups for shits and giggles or something, but come on. Level 1 formulas should use incredibly easy to find and cheap items, and each level gets progressively harder, cash shop and RIG items should be limited to levels 6-9.

Stop letting artists decide how rare their own items should be. Their egos are large enough.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that just a rephrase of saying that only a small portion of users will be able to use this?

Why spend so much time, money, and manpower on a feature that only a small portion of users will ever enjoy? Shouldn't a feature be more for a majority rather than a minority? Even on occasion, only a small portion of users will ever use this.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Check the latest announcement! You'll be able to use common components to generate Golden Giftboxes, which are a key part of the alchemy chain.

Einhorn
Has there been talk to do any of the following to help "fix" alchemy?

-Exchanging achievement points for alchemy ingredients.
-Having alchemy item drops in zOMG.
-Using items like BUGS and CRUMPLED PAPER and FLOWERS as alchemy ingredients.
-Gold shop items and other common, unlimited quantity, relatively easily obtained items being used for low level formulas.

There is so much opportunity to tie this feature into other parts of Gaia.
It's a huge shame this has gone untapped.
Panagrammic

The Undead Suitor
@ the first page

TL;DR

anyways,

There's a difference between 3% being capable and 3% being willing.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
And since at the moment, most recipes don't differ much in difficulty, using it "fully" and "at all" aren't that far apart.

You can't really compare this to zOMG because at least in that game the difficulty curve goes from "beginner" to "expert", where the difficulty curve in Alchemy goes from "hard" to "insane".

Users don't reach CL 10.0 out of lack of interest. Users don't reach Alchemy level 10 out of sheer frustration.

Panagrammic

The Undead Suitor
@ the first page

TL;DR

anyways,

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Platonix

The event item in the Wing Scouts' Treehouse for Pie Hard With a Vengeance was an alchemy formula, with the needed components found during the event. Can we expect this to become a regular thing for Gaia Events as a way of promoting Item Alchemy? And if so, will all Treehouse recipes be level 1? (I fully intend to build my level, but not everyone does...)

Yes we are already planning to have alchemy as part of the Halloween event. We plan to keep the formulas level 1 so the widest range of users can craft them.

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Panagrammic

The Undead Suitor
@ the first page

TL;DR

anyways,

A world of echoes and fallen gods...

Yes, but right now, there is a massive difference between Alchemy and zOMG!: zOMG! requires nothing but hard work. You know what to do (or at least you did) you had a direction to go in. Quests were highlighted, and told you what you needed to do, and how you could do it (with the exception of the Wish Tree, but that was based off of exploring).

Alchemy, on the other hand, is not so straightforward. It's: "Take formula, combine ingredients, maybe make item." Where do you get the ingredients? "We're not going to tell you." Where's the direction in that? Wanting the users to help each other is all well and good, but you forget that not everyone has nice ideals. Look at the listings on the marketplace. You have the majority of your users milling about, confused, and the ones who actually have the ingredients? They aren't going to tell us where they got them, they're going to sell them at an inflated cost.

How is it that Alchemy is like zOMG! again, Pan?

Where all is shadowed, no rights or wrongs...

Divine Muse

Narumi Misuhara
Platonix

Yes we are already planning to have alchemy as part of the Halloween event. We plan to keep the formulas level 1 so the widest range of users can craft them.

Side question, will we see the final voting scores once Pie Hard ends?

Shameless Enabler

I just read the anouncmenet...

And have one thing to say.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING.

It's not perfect and it's not going to make 100% of users happy...but it's a start.
It shows that this feature has potential and isn't going to remain static and rot like others introduced over the years.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Panagrammic
Check the latest announcement! You'll be able to use common components to generate Golden Giftboxes, which are a key part of the alchemy chain.

Einhorn
Has there been talk to do any of the following to help "fix" alchemy?

-Exchanging achievement points for alchemy ingredients.
-Having alchemy item drops in zOMG.
-Using items like BUGS and CRUMPLED PAPER and FLOWERS as alchemy ingredients.
-Gold shop items and other common, unlimited quantity, relatively easily obtained items being used for low level formulas.

There is so much opportunity to tie this feature into other parts of Gaia.
It's a huge shame this has gone untapped.

Thanks for including something that should have been included since the beginning, for a limited time.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Panagrammic

Does this mean ways additional to the 50 x pink box way?

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Jayce Reinhardt
Narumi Misuhara
Platonix

Side question, will we see the final voting scores once Pie Hard ends?

I'm not opposed, I can put it in a dev notice or my journal.

Playful Guildswoman

Jayce Reinhardt

Past page two, questions don't normally seem to be answered.

Kovva
goodness there was a flood of long and angry "questions" on the first page. this is my first ATA so...*lurks* and good luck staff with answering it all. o.o

The general pattern is: have your question(s) ready to post on page 1 and ask no more than 3, in clear and direct language.

Anything past page 1 or confusing to read (not easily scanned) is far less likely to be answered, since the meeting moves so rapidly.

Anything answered after page 1 is more or less due to luck and visual clarity.

The meetings over the summer have been much slower than usual.

Sparkling Transmutator

Just got back from a haircut, so I am merely copy/pasting this here from my Site Feedback thread.Anyways, this concerns the recent changes to the Customize avatar section. Recently a Dev pushed this upon every user. Now there is a group of users that love the change, but then there is the same amount or more that dislike this change. This updated code is a layout change and many of us would appreciate a Gaia Labs opt out of this update.

Copy/ Paste section starts here.

You see we Gaians have a nifty litte section called the Gaia Labs. This section allows the users to pick and choose which features they want to use. So why is it that such an update to our Customize Avatar section was forced upon all users without making it a choice? The Inventory Search update is a choice. The outfit saved slots is a choice. So why isn't this a choice as well? It is obvious that this update is a matter of personal preference. We all have different tastes when it comes to organization and aesthetic appeal. Many users like this update. However there are many users that hate this update. Why not make it a choice for the user to decide whether or not they will use the new version?

For those that don't see the big difference between the pose changes, here is an example:

Pre-Update Version

User Image

Updated Version

User Image

So in summary, wouldn't it be nice if using the new popup change was a choice for every Gaian?
Discuss if you agree. Vote if you agree. Spread the word if you agree. Thank you.

Copy / Paste section end.

So anyways, I would at least love some feedback from a Dev on this issue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff