Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Entrepreneur

8,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
Blazed Scar
Vindece Voldroth
Yes, I'd like to know why exactly was BB Coding removed from Rallies.

My best guess is probably glitches. emo

Yeah. True.

Angelic Nitemare

codemonkey37179
Tear of Fate
codemonkey37179
Tear of Fate
codemonkey37179

Whoever lost their way was going up and down the street, I am in the wrong country! I've no idea who it was, by the way, I'm just as curious as you are.
WAIT!?! Were are you?

I'm in San Jose, Costa Rica. My last night here. Flying out in the morning.
GET BACK SOOOOON!!! and be safe you never know what can happen, by the way...how does someone make that big of a mistake?

I let Big Lanky make my travel arrangements.

Oh my goodness.

You have layover in a few extra airports, eh? whee

Aged Genius

biglanky14
codemonkey37179
DARKNRGY
codemonkey37179
I am in the wrong San Jose! I got lost in the move! Waiting for a flight back to California, so I'll be lurking and watching for towns 2.0 inquires.

A lot has happened while you were gone :]. See ya soon!

Great! Does that mean I'll be getting the address of the new office?

Go to the M8trix and just sit there. We'll find you smile

How many times do you expect me to fall for that?

Dapper Dabbler

xStoneyxBbyxLettex
Could you guys please please please consider bringing back the old Gaia Cinema?
I'm a gaian from '07, and I remember the good old days, hanging out with a bunch of my friends, watching House on Haunted Hill, and tomato-ing everything and everyone!
I know you have to worry about copyright infringement, and whatnot, but if it is even remotely possible to bring it back, PLEASE DO!!!
(think of the children!!!)
gonk

Ha - we'll definitely keep the children in mind smile

Unfortunately I don't think it'll be coming back anytime soon. Lots and lots of issues with them. But I do miss being able to tag people with tomatoes.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Ridley Starsmore
WideEyed
Lilsis Charmer
WideEyed
Lilsis Charmer

Sounds like you're trying to defend the people who only want to wear those items as a status symbol, as in "I have this item and almost no one else does, I'm special". I don't say this to insult you or anyone, but we all know that those people exist here (and everywhere), and I personally don't see that kind of elitism as anything positive in any community. In other words, the rarest items should definitely imo be released in larger quantities. This doesn't mean they should be released in HUGE quantites. There are a lot of numbers between 10 and 10 million.

I'm not making any judgements whatsoever about the people who own them, or their rationale for wanting them.
All I'm trying to say, and I know it's not a popular opinion, is that a lot of the people who own something absolutely insanely rare or expensive, put an awful lot of time, effort, and in some cases, money into acquiring them.
To suddenly make a billion gold Item available again would immediately devalue that Item, and someone who might have worked for years to get said Item, would almost assuredly find it's value substantially diminished, and I don't think that's fair.
It's akin to someone training their entire life to win a Gold Medal at the Olympics, and deciding after he/she has finally achieved their dream and won their medal, that everyone else should get one too.

And just to clarify...simply looking at my Avy should tell you the number of exceptional Items I myself own. I've got no skin in this game so to speak, but I always find it somewhat irksome when people think they should have what someone else has without making the investment that someone else made.

Well, if getting an item made out of pixels on Gaia is as important to someone as winning at Olympic games... Let's just say it shouldn't be that important, to anyone. As far as angelic halos go, pretty much no one except people who got/bought them in 2003 have them, and most (if not all) of the people who do own them refuse to sell them for any price. Even for a hundred trillion Gaia gold, or all the gold on Gaia.

Releasing a few more of those items just give people a reasonable chance of owning that item, regardless of their reasons to own it. It would actually benefit everyone. The only people who'd have a problem with it are the selfish people who feel like no one else except them deserves to have the item. This pretty much applies to the Angelic halo alone. All the other items are pretty much available to anyone, you just need the gold to buy them. Personally I find a.halo one of the ugliest items here, I've only seen one avi that it really fit and looked good on. XD

Your last couple of sentences kind of sum up my opinion on many of the more outrageously priced Items I see in the MP.
I have no doubt that status plays a huge part in much of the desirability of these Items, because there's an awful lot of them that I really wouldn't have the slightest interest in owning.

My outlook on real life is pretty much the same as my outlook on Gaia...There's things I can work hard for and get if I want them badly enough, and there's many more that, no matter how hard I work at it, I'll never have.
That's life when you get right down to it.
The thing is, just because I want something, does not mean that I'm entitled to it, and it's a sense of entitlement that I often perceive as being at the root of many of these arguments for egalitarianism.

Just where would the cut off for an Angelic Halo be?
Would they release 10? 100? 1000?
You can be darned sure that, short of dropping them like Ocean Blue Tops from the DC, the Halo is always going to be beyond someone's reach

Who decides who gets them and who doesn't?

I should totally get one. emotion_awesome

ROFL!
I thought I could sense a Dust Bunny reading over my shoulder as I typed!
Curse you and your psychotic powers!
Ridley Starsmore

I'm not saying release them all at once...but getting some back in can actually help get more other items that folks are hoarding into the system.

Possibly true, but I should imagine only because their once priceless possession had suddenly been lessened by becoming more common.

I don't think that there would be the same passion or prestige attached to owning something that was 1 of only 100 in existence, as there is to owning something that might be 1 of only 10, and I think it would not only diminish the Items themselves, but also the thrill involved in attaining the unattainable.
(goes into Spok mode.....) "You may find after a time, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting."

For me at least, the fun is in the chase, and once the game is won, the game, and the fun of playing it, is over.

Friendly Noob

iPhone and Androids are popular. What about Windows phone? : D

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Blazed Scar
Will you guys ever make a Waffles SDPlus . emotion_kirakira
if we get thisi want some tiny itemes like a supper tiny angelic halo or some supper tiny mini's on it.

Perfect Knight

13,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ri Oestreich
Ri Oestreich
I was just wondering if you guys were planning on coming out with any more companion items? I'd love to see one of Rigel. <3 Mintaka and Cresento possibly, as well.
I want some sparkly boi NPC luff<3

;A; third time~
It does kinda make me sad that my favourite NPC's don't have many items based off of them >.>" Especially since Rigel and Mintaka only have the SD Dolls. Could you guys maybe consider these new companion items?

BIG COLOUR FONT GO! Is there any possibility someone can answer this?

Newbie Pumpkin

could you release strange t-shirts to appeal to the more highly immature side of gaia...... xp

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Springtime Scavenging 25
biggrin

So I read you guys are sending things to smaller cons, does that mean you'll send things to Nekocon this year? VA is starved for anime and gaia. It is all still somewhat underground here.

Also, please please please please please please undo what you all just did to the Gaia Guilds. Things just aren't aligning right and the post button is awkwardly located ... it is all so very distracting. In the very least, why can't you just shift your changes back to the right side where people don't have to hunt and peck for making replies?

Finally, Is there any way of making it so that the flash interfaces won't keep crashing my firefox? My system is up to date and all, but it keeps loading up more and more cpu as I run it. Is this normal?

Btw, You guys rock. This site is the only site I have been a consistent member of and logging into it practically every single day. Usually, I abandon sites like Nekopets and Subeta because they did one thing or another that I couldn't stand. You guys, however, actually care about player input and keep us involved! Keep up the good work!

Dapper Dabbler

codemonkey37179
biglanky14
codemonkey37179
DARKNRGY
codemonkey37179
I am in the wrong San Jose! I got lost in the move! Waiting for a flight back to California, so I'll be lurking and watching for towns 2.0 inquires.

A lot has happened while you were gone :]. See ya soon!

Great! Does that mean I'll be getting the address of the new office?

Go to the M8trix and just sit there. We'll find you smile

How many times do you expect me to fall for that?
At least 4 more times. After that, we expect you to at least act surprised.

Aged Genius

Ridley Starsmore
codemonkey37179
Tear of Fate
codemonkey37179
Tear of Fate
codemonkey37179

Whoever lost their way was going up and down the street, I am in the wrong country! I've no idea who it was, by the way, I'm just as curious as you are.
WAIT!?! Were are you?

I'm in San Jose, Costa Rica. My last night here. Flying out in the morning.
GET BACK SOOOOON!!! and be safe you never know what can happen, by the way...how does someone make that big of a mistake?

I let Big Lanky make my travel arrangements.

Oh my goodness.

You have layover in a few extra airports, eh? whee

Fortunately just Dallas. When I fly to Asia, it is much more complicated. With this trip, no jet lag.

Dangerous Hunter

Tear of Fate
Blazed Scar
Will you guys ever make a Waffles SDPlus . emotion_kirakira
if we get thisi want some tiny itemes like a supper tiny angelic halo or some supper tiny mini's on it.

Doesn't mattter the one like lanzer has would be enough.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Ren Orenji Doragon
scullylam
imagine the staring contests on who can get to be in line first for lunch. so awesome.

rofl

guh. now i hope they do that at hq for the video tour. whee
Nieoku
Hello thar Admins, Long time user, First time ATA poster. I am posting a question/suggestion about my experiences with Zomg and Alchemy.So I have been Zomg a lot more recently,and I have to say I feel my experience with it a little dull.And there not as much users, and if they are there, they all gather at Basken lake, and or Deadman shadows for thous lucky enough to have bloodstone gems, but thats not my issue. What I have noticed thou is that, not many people care about the roaming world bosses/events,because of the no so swell gold rate..in my opinion anyway.But I recently remembered they wean thous thing 1st came out, upon beating them there was a rare chance of a unique recipe component, but shorty after they removed them because there was no recipes or items to craft with them at the time,to my understanding.My question is, I'm wondering if in the future to encourage users to go do events/world bosses,that on completion of these, that they have a chance to drop corresponding alchemy components,and or a slight increase in gold.In exchange for a more random encounter rate. Well this is my question weather its answered or not, I felt like I wanted to bring up. Thanks for listing, wanted to bring some love to Zomg.

Thanks for your feedback. We are focused on fixing bugs right now but I do know that there are aspects such as item grants that should not be too hard to fix.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff