Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Today is a big day for us at Gaia HQ, we have just moved to a new location and the new place is totally awesome! We'll be sharing some photos with you today.

The Android app is close to complete, we might release a beta version pretty soon, probably in a week or so.

Things are a little chaotic at the HQ today since internet haven't been properly setup, so please be patient as we might take a bit longer to read through everyone's messages.

Angelic Nitemare

Good afternoon, Gaia staff!

Hope the move was good for you all, and we hope to see a video tour of the place really soon!

And now, a couple quick questions:

1. When is the next round of mod hiring? Curious bunnehs are curious.

2. So, alchemy is now a year old, and in a thread posted over the weekend, gaians were asked to give their opinion of Alchemy:

Link Here.

In the poll, over 150 people voted. Out of that, only 8 thought of Alchemy as a success. Less than six percent. VEGITA JR. got more votes than alchemy.

Can you guys PLEASE do something about alchemy? You keep saying you are hesitant to change it, but it's obviously still very much broken.

3. Is there a way you guys could do a redistribution of older MCs? Sort of like a police auction in the MP?

Seriously, the value of an angelic halo is akin to the value of a decent used car at this point. That's kinda redonkulous.

Anyway, that's enough from me today. Can't wait to see my article in the blog when someone gets around to moving it from the test forum.

-R

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Malevolent Gaian

Hello everyone, I'm back to lurk about in the Ask the Admin...as usual. I do actually have a bit of a thought...imagineered it while dredging through the doldrums at work...

What are the thoughts of holding a contest where the users create the story for the next big EI? I would think it would be interesting to see what Gaia Centric ideas some of the users could come up with and would love to then see how the artists interpret that into an awesome EI...what are your thoughts?

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, folks.

zOMG! Glitch Fix Update: What's the word?

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Ridley Starsmore
Good afternoon, Gaia staff!

Hope the move was good for you all, and we hope to see a video tour of the place really soon!

And now, a couple quick questions:

1. When is the next round of mod hiring? Curious bunnehs are curious.

2. So, alchemy is now a year old, and in a thread posted over the weekend, gaians were asked to give their opinion of Alchemy:

Link Here.

In the poll, over 150 people voted. Out of that, only 8 thought of Alchemy as a success. Less than six percent. VEGITA JR. got more votes than alchemy.

Can you guys PLEASE do something about alchemy? You keep saying you are hesitant to change it, but it's obviously still very much broken.

3. Is there a way you guys could do a redistribution of older MCs? Sort of like a police auction in the MP?

Seriously, the value of an angelic halo is akin to the value of a decent used car at this point. That's kinda redonkulous.

Anyway, that's enough from me today. Can't wait to see my article in the blog when someone gets around to moving it from the test forum.

-R

1. Probably not anytime soon, we're still looking at how to improve the training program and make it easier and more efficient for everyone involved. That being said, we would like to try and get one ASAP.

Precious Nerd

Hey Gaians!

I saw a lot of posts from Friday asking for pictures of our new office so I took a few shots today with my handy-dandy iPhone.

A mural painted on the wall of the snack room. Across from the main entrance.
User Image

On the other side of the snack area some chalkboard paint and look already some masterpieces!
User Image

A look down the side of the Gaia Online team with social all the way at the end. Look you can see Lanzer's head hard at wok on the left there.
User Image

Another side with programmers hard at work coding games.
User Image

A view from milkbun's desk razz at the lunch area
User Image

And of course, it wouldn't be Gaia if we didn't already have a wall of cats drawn on chalkboard.
User Image

Some other more professional photos taken by a coworker
User Image

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
ooooo pics. can't wait to see them!

and, did anyone forget to go to the new office? like, did someone by accident end up back at the old office today?

also, hi everyone. biggrin

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I hope you guys enjoy the new place and eventually get everything set up. From the picture of what I saw of the mural, it looks really nice.

1) How is the status on mod applications going?

2) It seems like zOMG! bots are back again, but people are using mule accounts, so if accounts get banned, they just make a new one. Is there any way for mods to find the main accounts for these bots?

3) Is there any way to remove or hide some sub-forum topics after they are done being used in guilds?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
I had a thought recently that might help quiet the people who want a bank feature. Maybe Meredith could start selling Mythrill Coins in a Gold Shop-style interface? The only catch would be making them buyable for their sellback price instead of their store price. Then, people who want to "deposit", say, a hundred thousand gold could just buy this item from Meredith and stick it in their Storage trunk or something. When they want to "withdraw" the gold they sell the Mythrill Coin from inventory.

The Mythrill Coins have only been available as RIG prizes thus far, but I figure if there's already a wide range of items with a common theme that exist solely to have a given sellback value, why bother inventing another? Does this idea sound workable? And if not, can you explain where it goes wrong so the folks who want a bank can try to tweak it to make it workable if they want?

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
ninja

Totally going to make a not completely serious request here.. for the lulz.

Moar Lizardman recolors? 8D;; Specifically orange? emotion_kirakira I'm sick of having a brown tail. ;n;

Aged Genius

I am in the wrong San Jose! I got lost in the move! Waiting for a flight back to California, so I'll be lurking and watching for towns 2.0 inquires.

Dapper Man-Lover

Good evening, admins! Did any of you get a chance to check out The Bourne Legacy yet? It was rather nifty~ 3nodding

As for my Gaia-related question this evening: is there any way we can get an option in the Marketplace that allows us to search for items, but not display results for items we already own? I know there are very limited situations in which this would be useful, but it's an option all the same! ninja

Thank you kindly for taking the time to host another AtA! whee

Angelic Nitemare

Zero Omega

1. Probably not anytime soon, we're still looking at how to improve the training program and make it easier and more efficient for everyone involved. That being said, we would like to try and get one ASAP.

That's a bit of a bummer, though I understand why it's needed.

Well, I look forward to hearing about it someday in the near future!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Scobre
I hope you guys enjoy the new place and eventually get everything set up. From the picture of what I saw of the mural, it looks really nice.

1) How is the status on mod applications going?

2) It seems like zOMG! bots are back again, but people are using mule accounts, so if accounts get banned, they just make a new one. Is there any way for mods to find the main accounts for these bots?

3) Is there any way to remove or hide some sub-forum topics after they are done being used in guilds?

1. We've been getting a bunch of apps which is encouraging, we've just been busy with some other projects so we haven't had a chance to get through them just yet. We definitely will when we can.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff