Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to ATA everyone!

Hope everyone had fun at the Gaia Olympics, with the end of summer approaching, we're hard at work on other mini events and planning for the Halloween event.

How many of you got to watch the meteor shower this weekend? As an astronomy fan, I have to ask. smile

User Image

And a message from LigLanky:
Quote:

We just put up some tips and tricks to get the most out of ATA on our handy-dandy blog.

Check it out here.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

-note: today's compilation will almost certainly be postponed until tomorrow. It's been a tiring weekend for me.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, Lanzer and staff.

- zOMG!: Glitch Fix Update: Any good news? Also, since [ JK ] and swarf are business with other stuff and you’re still working on a way to have the servers automatically cycle themselves, can you authorized somebody else to cycle them? Players shouldn’t have to suffer through horrible lag because the servers haven’t been cycled in days.

- Alchemy: You mentioned last week that you liked the idea that I quoted and linked you to about the use of cash items in alchemy. Are you even considering it? If you are, when would the idea be implemented? In case you forgot…..

Quote:
Maybe to make cash shop items instead of using up the already limited supply of EIs and such they should change the formulas to use special ingredients in constant supply from the cash shop, or sold only for GC from the Bifrost? That would keep GC Alchemy items from being free, and not take away from the dwindling supply of older CS items before they vanish from the site.

Original post can be found here.

- The Alchemized Version of Ania’s Wedding Gown: This is clearly a gold shop item. So, why are the majority of the components for it cash shop items? Like I said before, it’s cheaper to buy it straight from Edmund’s shop. Please, don’t try to tell me any different.

Aged Nerd

Hi everyone! *waves and passes around a plate of fresh baked cookies*

Has this policy changed?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Since last Monday, there have been third party banner ads at the bottom of the forum pages, as well as anywhere else that a 728x90 pixel banner ad could appear. I posted about it in last week's ATA, but did not receive a reply.

The problem I have with these ads - mostly flash based - is that they freeze my browser! This is the reason I started blocking them with my donor status to begin with.

Do I need to spend even more money to turn off these third party ads? I would be willing to do that, but I can't do the AutoCash option. And please don't suggest using ad blocker. I have no desire to download any additional software.

In case there's any doubt about whether these are third party ads or not, I compiled a small list of what I'm seeing: Nordstrom, AE, Citibank, Toyota, Devry University, Durex Condoms, American Express, Hanes Underwear, Zappos, etc., etc., including the ever popular free grant scams and Chinese counterfeit designer goods. rolleyes

Help! This only involves the 728x90 pixel banner ads. The other ads on the pages are the regular Gaia ads which I love.
emotion_yatta

Back to my question... has the policy on blocking third party ads via Gaia Cash purchases changed? confused

Hopeful Girl

Hi hi! I am going to try to make this simple and for everyone to answer:

arrow When is the next Sponsored Item Update? ninja

arrow Can we have NPC profiles update? Can some of the RIG NPCs have profiles too? ninja

arrow Can we have a back-to-school update? redface

arrow Any hints for Halloween Event?

arrow Airships. Can we have them back?

arrow Peyo, Rina, Kanoko and the Wing Scouts should do an event together. They're all practically the same ages, well, Wing Scouts are younger... ninja

Fluffy Otaku

Hello ATA!!!

Just a couple of questions:

1. I hear beta testing is already underway for the new strategy game...How is it going so far?

2. To the artists: any plans of releasing recolors of past MCs? (I know you're already doing recolors of a couple of REIs)

3. Are ideas/plans for this year's Halloween event already being thrown around? Is it too soon to ask for a spoiler?

Thank you in advance! And enjoy the rest of your week!

-edit-
Waffles in space!!! Going where no shenanigans have gone before!

Dapper Dabbler

Hi everyone,

We just put up some tips and tricks to get the most out of ATA on our handy-dandy blog.

Check it out here.

Original Survivor

Any word on that Inventory Arranger update?

And hello everyone!

EDIT: lol I'm glowing. mrgreen

Dapper Dabbler

beckygrendel
Hi everyone! *waves and passes around a plate of fresh baked cookies*

Has this policy changed?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Since last Monday, there have been third party banner ads at the bottom of the forum pages, as well as anywhere else that a 728x90 pixel banner ad could appear. I posted about it in last week's ATA, but did not receive a reply.

The problem I have with these ads - mostly flash based - is that they freeze my browser! This is the reason I started blocking them with my donor status to begin with.

Do I need to spend even more money to turn off these third party ads? I would be willing to do that, but I can't do the AutoCash option. And please don't suggest using ad blocker. I have no desire to download any additional software.

In case there's any doubt about whether these are third party ads or not, I compiled a small list of what I'm seeing: Nordstrom, AE, Citibank, Toyota, Devry University, Durex Condoms, American Express, Hanes Underwear, Zappos, etc., etc., including the ever popular free grant scams and Chinese counterfeit designer goods. rolleyes

Help! This only involves the 728x90 pixel banner ads. The other ads on the pages are the regular Gaia ads which I love.
emotion_yatta

Back to my question... has the policy on blocking third party ads via Gaia Cash purchases changed? confused

Hi beckygrendel,

Nope - our policy hasn't changed. We know about these rogue ads, and are trying to figure out why these are showing up. It isn't a system-wide issue since the other spots are working correctly, which at least one positive from it. Hopefully we'll figure it out soon, and appreciate your patience with them.
Hey gaia how are u all doing on this monday night.

Well i have an idea for one of the big events or something for gaia.Well this is what i was thinking gaia can set of something like the mail in art.
When u do this set it up and let the users know that they need to give as much detail as they can pictures they can draw ideas in text next to the picture or what ever about how the event would work
then what u would do in the event and things like that then mail it in and let gaia look over it.
If u wanted to do something like this u can ask people send in ideas like 6 months before when ever the event is then u have time to pick what ever event u think would work for gaia.Then u also have a better idea of what the gaia users want.

Do any of the staff at gaia think this can or would work.
hey everyone whats up? smile I can't wait for the next event. biggrin rofl by chance would you know what dates the halloween event and christmas events will start on? smile sweatdrop i want to ready for them

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Good! We've opened a private forum for the beta testers, and they're giving us really good feedback on the tutorial -- the game should be gradually released to the beta testers very soon.

CioccoLatte
1. I hear beta testing is already underway for the new strategy game...How is it going so far?

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
This video reminded me of Gaiaonline's fetish with cats:

My 3 questions:

1) Can sweetheart ring be made in alchemy since it was a cash shop item?

2) Can zOMG! summons or pets be included in the new towns update and possible in other flash spaces?

3) Can gnome general instance be fixed since it freezes on easy and hard, but ok on normal?

Angelic Nitemare

heylo Gaia Staffers!

No questions this week from me, just a quick 'please fix alchemy."

Anyway, I'm gonna just hang, as I can't type as much right now.

Dangerous Glutton

14,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
Hello admins,

Hows your development of the new game? I know it seems like you're putting in a lot of time into it. Will we get like more sneak peak videos of this game so we know what we are up for?

Edit 2:

Oh have you guys thought about making a complete rpg game on gaia instead of an mmorpg?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff