Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Only 3 weeks left in the summer holiday! Be sure to take advantage of the nice, warm sunny weather!

Hope you're enjoying the re-release of Frontier Skies. Is the game easier this time around?

Eloquent Cat

12,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Hello everyone!
DJ, more questions (Copy/pasted from last week)!
- What brand is the coat you wear to conventions? I've been trying to buy one but I can't find it!
- What house would you be sorted in at Hogwarts?
- Do you like Doctor Who? If so, which is your favorite incarnation?
- What is your favorite video game?
- Not really a question but I just wanted to say I've made absolutely no progress finding out your middle name D:
And Koleda won't even ask her question because nobody answers her (She asks if you'd marry me so I'd shut up about you).
Frontier Skies is fun. I'm glad it's back. :3

Oh, and I have less than two weeks of vacation left. x_X

What ads are considered “inappropriate?” I have read threads where people would complain about video and audio ads – and then other people would post a link to the Report Inappropriate Ads thread. Are video and audio ads considered inappropriate ads?

Additionally, regarding the cookies and the voting system, how will it work? Can people vote for one feature with multiple cookies, or is it a one cookie per feature voting system?

8,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
User ImageUser Image

Hi Lanzer (and anyone else that wants to lurk .....we KNOW its you Pan).

This WILL be long im afraid as ive been on & off for the last few weeks & not caught the AtA, so feel free to answer what you can & Devs are welcome to answer seperately)

1) Is there still issues with the "Jobs System" as i have got today 3 notices saying "Narumi Misuhara and warrior_of_boognish & Juno posted new journal entries" ... yet their journal entries were Aug 1st & Aug 6th & 2nd Feb (Juno's surprised me the most, that was 6 months ago) respectivaly......so Glitch ?????

2) Any word on Post style rules yet??? Serioulsly i asked over 1 year ago, and was told "were working with the Moderators to work something out"....and yet.....still nothing....and in all honesty PS/Flobs have seriously started to get out of control (i saw 1 that was in total of all images more than 3,000,000 bytes) thats more than an entire page of Signatures (and they posted 4 times....so 3mb x 4 = lag city)...this SERIOUSLY needs to be adressed

3) Back to Signatures...theres STILL NO rules concerning Youtube videos in them.....we all know they are not allowed (1 youtube vid at basic can take at lead 20mb per time)....but how about make it official................again youve been saying for months (in fact over 1 year) that youll make a rule concerning this....and still nothing.

4) Several of the Stickies need a Serious overhaul. For example, the Avatar Arena Sticky still states the old pricing of 1k per entry the Exchange sticky still states the OLD trading system. i can count at least 10 stickies that need updating (some havent been touched since 2007)......

5) Cookies.....In my opinion you were wrong to use them as "votes" for fixes....you should have stuck to the poll system you had last year as it was more accurate to what users wanted...they could vote once per thread/idea/fix....yet with the cookies its open to abuse as people can buy more cookies (kudos on the goldsink though) even if they dont want to vote or just artificially inflate something.

6) Whats happened with the WAP site??? (http://www.gaiaonline.com/wap) as that no longer seems to work. a LOT of users dont have smartphone (some, including myself, dont want them) and it was the only way we could check on the basics......is this a glitch or intentional????

Please dont take this the wrong way, but these are issues that need (and have needed) work on for a LONG time.....and yet, all we hear about is the "CI/MC/GCash/EI's/Conventions".............but NOTHING about the old site....only the new stuff that makes money

Honestly, as much as i love Gaia, i HAVE thought about leaving as everything old (stickies, housing, towns, Rally, the games) seem to have been neglected in favour of Monster Galaxy & the CI's & the EI's.......nothing gets fixed anymore (have you been in Bug Reports & its subforums lately...its filled with bugs that have been around for the last few years & still HAVENT been fixed)...as much as i love the site, im on the fence as i cant see WHY years old issues still cant be fixed (someone leaving & being the only person that knows how to code it is not a valid excuse......so work on upgrading/starting from scratch)

I know there was a "Spring Cleaning" last year...and two of the topics was Towns 2.0 & The Games.....yet nothings been done about them yet, even though they were voted in the "top 10 things to do"..............Progress report??? (and they better not be in this years SC event)

Any questions, the Devs/Artists/Admins or whoever are welcome to PM me for clarification on points if need be

Side note - DJ Helsing - please please PLEASE go on a date with (or marry) "The Triwizard Cup" .... it may keep her quiet for a day or 2?????? lol (no offence Tri )

Eloquent Cat

12,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
styx_n_stones
User ImageUser Image

Side note - DJ Helsing - please please PLEASE go on a date with (or marry) "The Triwizard Cup" .... it may keep her quiet for a day or 2?????? lol (no offence Tri )

No offense taken >w<
But I doubt that you'll get replies from him because Koleda's been asking for it for weeks and it hasn't happened yet...

Angelic Healer

Hello this is my first time posting in AtA and I have a few questions for you Lanzer or whoever can answer my questions.

1. Are you guys planning on coming to the Las Vegas area for a convention soon, if so when?

2. When is DC coming back to the shops? Are you planning on adding some of the old DC items back, I know a lot of people are looking forward for some of the old items to reappear and it will be a really good Gold Sink if they do come back.

3. I know this has been asked a lot but when are you going to give reapersun some time to work on the Case of Pietro, as you may well know the item has passed its 2nd birthday. I know you guys are working hard on other great updates for Gaia but I find it a bit devastated that I paid for an item two years ago and to this day it has not finished evolving.

4. What is your favorite Pokemon?

5. Are you having any sponsorship with Cartoon Network again? Adventure Time would be an awesome sponsor to get.

Thanks for answering my questions Lanzer or other staff members.

Fashionable Vampire

Game's still as hard as it was before, but then again, I barely even play it.

Don't remind me about summer...-goes back to campus soon-

Questions!

1:
Does GAIA plan to hold more meetups in the DFW area of Texas? Just going to A-Kon alone doesn't work, given how some have to work, etc.

2:
With all the downvoting going on, I'd like to issue a challenge to Lanzer and everyone else to just enter an avatar in the Avatar Arenas, so you can feel what it is like to go through this. Then hopefully you can see what we're trying to say.

3:
Any plans for Singaporean themed items, given how National Day is tomorrow?

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Parexus

5. Are you having any sponsorship with Cartoon Network again? Adventure Time would be an awesome sponsor to get.

To my knowledge we have none lined up with Cartoon Network at the moment but who know what the future holds!

Twisted Nerves's Husbando

Demonic Sex Symbol

Hi! This is my first time here, so excuse me for I'm new at this.

My only question is:

1. What are you guys planning to do about the Voting System? Lately, I've been a target of an attack of a nonstop downvoting everywhere I've went: My rp and it's OOC thread, my quest thread, my art shop, a gameshow I'm in and even my 1x1 rp. A petition is already floating around, but I'm just curious to whether you guys are in the planning stage of something.

Thankss <3

Angelic Healer

Narumi Misuhara
Parexus

To my knowledge we have none lined up with Cartoon Network at the moment but who know what the future holds!
Thanks for answering Narumi heart

Versatile Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Hey. I haz questions:

1. Is part two of the Summer Event starting soon? Like some time this week?
2. Would you guys consider working on the "<3" and "</3" voting system in threads? Maybe to remove the "</3" to prevent trolling? It seems like lots of people are being effected by it, and petitions are even popping up, demanding some sort of action, like this one: Stop Trolls. Change the Thread Voting System!
3. How long will the Pools remain in Towns? surprised

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Mister Awesume
Hey. I haz questions:

Soon, yes. This week... No xd

Versatile Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Narumi Misuhara
Mister Awesume
Hey. I haz questions:

Soon, yes. This week... No xd

gonk
CleoSombra
Frontier Skies is fun. I'm glad it's back. :3

Oh, and I have less than two weeks of vacation left. x_X

What ads are considered “inappropriate?” I have read threads where people would complain about video and audio ads – and then other people would post a link to the Report Inappropriate Ads thread. Are video and audio ads considered inappropriate ads?

Additionally, regarding the cookies and the voting system, how will it work? Can people vote for one feature with multiple cookies, or is it a one cookie per feature voting system?

When we mention inappropriate, we refer to material that are not PG-13. As for video ads, there are video ads here and there but none should have audio turned on by default.

We'll be announcing how the cookies will work this week, stay tuned!

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Yet another grueling set of questions from me, as only I can deliver them... stare

1. Whose idea was it to have the "Elocutionist" achievement require such a high amount of posts?

2. Following the above: When the achievement was created, was it ever taken into account that people might not have had an interest in posting 10,000 times, or that they might not have felt like spamming the forums with 10K posts worth of useless random babbling just to get it?

Finally.........What games, if any, are you planning on getting this Christmas? (People like me like to plan ahead.)

Parexus
1. Are you guys planning on coming to the Las Vegas area for a convention soon, if so when?

They were here last September. Don't know if they'll be back any time soon. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff