Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Nitemare

Existential Existence
Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence
Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence

Would you be willing to go up to a deceased's parents/family to ask them for pixel items? No, I doubt it.

Dude if you want the MP re-stocked just ask for it. No need to go into people's inventories.

Gaia has taken a halo from a "banned" account before and used it as a contest prize. Taking the aftermath into consideration, if Gaia thought it was appropriate then they'll be doing it again. But otherwise the answer you're going to get from your proposal is a big "no"

Actually, I wouldn't have an issue with it. But if you'd asked, you'd know I have a different outlook on such things than most. As well as a result of having some really unpleasant jobs, this would seem tame to me.

And the method I suggested puts the original items to use, instead of using more space in the overall database.

And last time I checked, your name's not orange. I simply made a suggestion. Sorry you don't like it, but it's a suggestion, no more or less. Just as probable as anything else, and just because you feel a bit squeamish about it, doesn't make it invalid.

Wanna keep up this discussion? Because I have a stew I'm trying to eat, and it needs more attention than this does.

It still seems pretty callous to me. "Hey I tracked you down from your son's virtual web page. Since he's gone, can I have his virtual pixel items from GaiaOnline? Oh and while you're at it you need to verify that you are indeed related to the deceased. Thank you!" Just..no man...no.

If you tried to post that proposal in SF it would be recycled. Why? Because Gaia makes it clear that they have already taken these issues into consideration in the FMI sticky. I don't need an orange name to tell you it's not going to fly, especially with a lot of users who are against stripping of old/banned accounts. It's common sense.

A simple message sent to an emergency contact email would suffice, if given 90 days to respond. A link to a page asking if you would like the account to be recycled would do the trick.

It's a Gaia account, not a family heirloom. stare

You realize that takes more staff time to code than simply rereleasing/generating items people want? What's so difficult with you about having Gaia re-generate supply into the MP? Why do inactive/banned accounts have to be tampered with?
Because it prevents the creation of more individual items in the database, and taking up more storage space. That's the technical side of it.

Codebreaking Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Zero Omega

*Glares at from corner*.
The offer still stands and I'm still waiting to be contacted.
If you would like I could send you my mobile phone number via Private Message,
If that would make contacting me easier.

Winged Immortal

Kitty
Gendocide
TheDarkest_DayInMay
Blaze the Fire Dragon
TheDarkest_DayInMay
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Question - Is there any reason for the soulbinding of the Grunny Deep Sea Manipulators? It just seems to me to be an item that really doesn't need it. I'd also like to know if there's any possibility of the Oni Set being changed so that it isn't soulbound, I'd really like to own one (or maybe two), but the only way to get them is by failing at the Fortune Egg.
And dying at a certain level in Snow Apples ^-^
Is that so? Hm...and to think I played Snow Apple once and actually won it with my terrible luck, then again I'm not sure I'd call it a win if I could have potentially gotten an Oni Set out of a loss.
I was able to get three oni sets this way because i played them like crazy when they came out xD
I have 15 oni sets
I want them unbound so I can get them to people who actually want the item

I'd sure as heck take one... Maybe have it as only able to be gifted? Thus no value is assigned to it. I might be a good way to make gaians more charitable to others.^_^
While that is a cute idea and I'm all for charity on the site seeing as those are the only forums I really spend time in, I don't think that would be the greatest ways of fixing the problem. It just seems like not a lot of users would use the system

We unbound Ilythica's Honor, I know because I didn't like that item much when it was first released and I won three while it was still soulbound in the first few hours

Married Sex Symbol

12,275 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Battery 500
Yes i would like to know why my account was reported and couple of weeks ago

Salty Sweetheart

Zero Omega
rinlee
Zero Omega
rinlee
Zero Omega

Nope.

Negative.

Negatory.

Nix.

Nu.

Nowai.

Interesting Gaian

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
wat is the fastest wat to make gold?

Dapper Grabber

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Siska, you seem pretty savvy and awesome~

What's it like being an admin?

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
II BlazeoftheCookies II
Is there any chance of getting Soul Reaper themed items? I know we have a sponsorship with Funanimation...so... maybe? Will ya think about it? Sorry for posting it this many times. I just want to see if it's possible.

Do you mean Soul Eater?
3nodding
Hi guys, hope I'm not late! I was just wonering, what happened to the featured profile thingie on the front page? Why is it gone? I'd really like to see it come back (if only so that I can get that much more gold toward my ultimate goal). If you could please tell me what's up with that, I shall be a very happy Yoshi. Thanks!

Lonely Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
biglanky14
Ryukurai52
Hey admin-like-ppls XD
So....I just realized that it's been forever since I've gone into a guild...and I figure I'm not the only one. But due to the Rejected Olympics and the fact that Durem created a guild so the Duremites could stay together, I have been brought back to it.
Which leads me to my questions.
Are the guild forums going to be updated like the regular forums anytime soon? It has a few issues I had never noticed before because they hadn't been fixed on the other forums when I was using it.
And, Could we possibly have the option to chose a different background for the guild forum? I liked having a background that wasn't plain white during the Olympics...if possible the option to have the picture at the top with all the avis who had posted on that page like during the beach party would be awesome as well.
Thank you for your time.

Hi Ryukurai52,

We are planning on making some smaller improvements to Guilds, and are working on the list now. I don't know if those in particular will be on there, but we're at least going to try to make them more like the regular forums than they are now.
Okay, cool XD
Just if you could maybe list those among the possible changes...would love to have the background especially to show we're in a different place then usual.
But thank you for responding either way XD

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
TheDarkest_DayInMay
Blaze the Fire Dragon
TheDarkest_DayInMay
Blaze the Fire Dragon
TheDarkest_DayInMay
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Question - Is there any reason for the soulbinding of the Grunny Deep Sea Manipulators? It just seems to me to be an item that really doesn't need it. I'd also like to know if there's any possibility of the Oni Set being changed so that it isn't soulbound, I'd really like to own one (or maybe two), but the only way to get them is by failing at the Fortune Egg.
And dying at a certain level in Snow Apples ^-^
Is that so? Hm...and to think I played Snow Apple once and actually won it with my terrible luck, then again I'm not sure I'd call it a win if I could have potentially gotten an Oni Set out of a loss.
I was able to get three oni sets this way because i played them like crazy when they came out xD
So jealous...I never play RIG's, even if I was losing I doubt I'd get the Oni Sets. I also just simply don't have the disposable income to buy them.
actually, i dont' either xD
i mentioned to a friend that i wanted some of them and he said he would send me the apples if i sent back everything i won from them ^^
Ah...

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Smaster399
wat is the fastest wat to make gold?

Selling cash shop items and Booty grabbing.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Depressed Little Lucie
Zero Omega
Depressed Little Lucie
Zero Omega
Depressed Little Lucie
Hello Admin. What is the purpose of waiting 3 days to open a trading pass? I want to start exchanging but I have to wait 2 days. I never understood why we must wait 3 days. Oh and lastly I love you. emotion_awesome

We had a problem in the past with hackers abusing accounts because we didn't have a trade pass waiting period, we instituted this in hopes of slowing down and stopping some of this activity, which proved to actually be very helpful.

Why would anyone hack someone. Makes me worried I'll log in some day and all of my hard work will be gone. ;c Is it true some people can just hack from trades? And if so, why do people hack? I think it's a waste of time... I mean you end up getting banned no matter what account you put it on. What is the purpose of hacking? emo

The purpose of hacking is really to make the other person feel bad. However, the majority of our hack cases are a result of the user giving out their password or being tricked into giving out their password.

Just keep in mind that no admin/dev will ever ask for your password, the only time you should enter your password is when you're on http://www.gaiaonline.com. and don't share your password/accounts with friends.

Oh thank you so much for this!
My sister was hacked because of those websites that say when you put in your password you get like an angelic halo. rolleyes

Okay last question... Do you like my avatar? If you don't what can I improve? c:

No problem! Tell her to file a hack report at http://www.gaiaonline.com/hacking

I do like your avatar! Very lovely!

Gracious Phantom

10,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
HeIIraiser
Something Royal
Another problem im having is that when im trying to scroll threw pages on the gaia forum its stuck at loading...... (with all of the browsers i use)

Try opening what you're loading in a different tab.

Ok thanks smile
That guy should be a gaia helper like one of those apple people

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas