Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Gaian

How's it going folks. Don't have any Gaia related questions...however. I know that there's a particular potato chip brand running a contest to create a new chip flavor...

What kind of flavor potato chip would you staff folk like to have?

Newbie Prophet

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Which MLPFIM pony is your favorite?

Sparkly Prophet

can you for the love of god get a mod in the metal forum that actually reads the stickies or at least has a shred of knowledge on metal ?

Dangerous Hunter

8,275 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
Hey Admins hope you're having a wonderful day ~ heart

anyway I was wondering if there is a glitch with the Mecha Neko shop because it won't let me access it but I live in Florida, I keep getting a "You must live in the USA" message even though I do indeed live in the U.S.

thanks for any help and have a wonderful day emotion_yatta

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
My Question:
I really want to be able to change my name to "v i n t a g e". But since it is too similar to another persons username I cannot do so.
Why can't we have similar usernames if we make it different? It's very frustrating to not be able to use a username simply because it is too close to someone else's.

I am using spaces in that name. I do not feel it should be considered the same as just using "Vintage"

Is there any way that spaces could be enough to make a username usable?

Shy Genius

16,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • PvP 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Are you guys ever going to think of doing Soul Eater themed items? As a fan of SE, I would be amazed if there were some items like that. And to the mods who helped me get my stuff back, THANKK YOU! Have a nice AtA. :U
Why would you make crappy RIG like Runic Challenge? emotion_donotwant

Friendly Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Dapper Dabbler

Ridley Starsmore
Heylo, Gaia Admins!

So, after a year of the feature being operational, I was finally able to get level 4 in Alchemy!

stare ...I still can't believe it is as broken as it is after a year. A YEAR.

And you guys wonder why it cheeses folks off.

OK...on to the questions/suggestions:

1: Can you guys impliment a way to take the 'used up' items from alchemy, and push them into another feature, say, dumpster dive? That way more users might, use it? In both cases? And helps the issue of items being used up to the point you can't find them any more.

2: Hot button issue...banned/dead accounts and their inventory. The current policy, as I understand it, is that no account is touched, incase the issue is disputed. Which is fine, for accounts that are recent bannings or what have you. This blocks off any chance or items that are 'trapped' in these inventories or ever being used again, as well as the user names that some others may want.

I propose a change to the TOS. If an account is not unbanned in 3 years, or not logged into in 5 years, the account is changed to a user ID number, and the inventory used for another feature (IE dumpster dive or maybe a daily 'pay 1k and pull the handle' trinket game.). I mean, it is your site after all, I am assuming you can add a new rule, can't you? This solves the issue of many older items becoming extinct on the MP and exchange, and allows you to free up older items and names without issues.

3: I know you guys are reluctant to change alchemy. I KNOW THIS. But after seeing issues like a user trying to craft wings FIFTY ONE TIMES and failing, a year between level ups for the average user, no solution for the item shortage issue, unbalance distribution of the caches and cases from the DC, some of the formulas having very unreasonable crafting component costs, low level formulas taking high level components (Seriously? That's like building a car so you can build a bike out of it's parts.)...The short answer is Alchemy is really, REALLY broken, guys...and I see users in here every week, offering suggestions on how to fix it and make it fun and useable for ALL Gaians, what can be done to make the changes...I think I remember one guys saying he'd rewrite the coding involved.

And what has happened, while nice, is barely a drop in the bucket compared to the issues. The feature is starting to feel the same way zOMG felt when you guys started pulling devs from that (And look at the backlash THAT got you), and I know lots of users WANT to be involved in it! I wish I could find the one responsible for the feature and get them a red bull so they could WAKE UP.

Please, for the love of Pete and his talking mini lop rabbit, please put someone on that project that can fix this. Because it's not happening now.

That being said...

4: Thanks loads for the RO event, and big props to codemonkey. I sent him more monkeys as a thank you. (Did you know we have neither a holdable fritoes bag or a can of 'mt. dew' for our avvies? This would be a cool way to thank him, and WE HAVE NONE.) And now we can look forward to Back to School and the big bada boom for Gaia, HALLOWEEN!

Can we haz teaser? emotion_kirakira

And lastly...

5: This one is specifically to Lanky...My taco experiment WORKED. The nacho cheese powder is in the popcorn aisle at Wally World. Put it in a tupperware container that is flat and big enough for the taco shells to fit in. then a bit of oil in a frying pan, slightly warmed. Put the shells in the oil for a couple second on each side, then dip each side in the powder like you were breading chicken, let them cool a few minutes on a plate to set and BAM. Doritoes Taco at home. I even went one step beyond and took a little melted velvetta and a pan warmed gordita torilla, and wrapped that around the taco shell. It was like the gods of psuedo-mexican food set up camp in my mouth. And had parties.

Anyway, that's enough Shenanigans out of me, and Waffles is tired of them. I can sense it. Can't wait for the Ci update this week, and both the BLT and EI Chats on Friday! Or Thursday if BigL is bugging out of the office early again (Please don't. Every time he does, EIs take 45 minuts longer to update.)

-Bunneh

Hey Ridley,

It worked?? No freakin' way. You might have to send samples our way smile

Thanks for the suggestions on both Alchemy and redistribution of the items. Our policy always has been not to remove items from banned/abandoned accounts for a variety of reasons, but it's possible that could change at some point. We'd just have to be really careful about how we do it, so some thought will have to go into it.

IRL Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Has anyone ever really been as far as decided what they more looked like?

Relentless Glitch

Are you guys going to fix the Achievement Grant Glitch for the Rejected Olympics. Quite a few people cannot seem to get their achievements because the event page has been disabled.

Achievement Glitch

Tipsy Friend

When are the towns friend request acceptance things going to be fixed..? o uo;

Cluttered Cat

14,475 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
codemonkey37179
You look cute with all the monkey things.

Lonely Genius

7,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think dormant accounts (maybe 1-2 years without use?) should be deleted so usernames get freed up and maybe all of their old items could be donated to Dumpster Dive to make things a little more interesting.

Angelic Nitemare

Existential Existence
Ridley Starsmore

I propose a change to the TOS. If an account is not unbanned in 3 years, or not logged into in 5 years, the account is changed to a user ID number, and the inventory used for another feature (IE dumpster dive or maybe a daily 'pay 1k and pull the handle' trinket game.). I mean, it is your site after all, I am assuming you can add a new rule, can't you? This solves the issue of many older items becoming extinct on the MP and exchange, and allows you to free up older items and names without issues.

wahmbulance can of worms have just opened wahmbulance

wahmbulance can of worms have just opened wahmbulance

I know some people who are deceased, I wouldn't want their accounts plundered after 5 years just because they're no longer in this world to log into their accounts...
I stand by it, though I respect your reasons. I mean, if there was a way to let the site know a person is passed on, that would help. But I cannot think of one right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff