Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

How many of you got to catch the Mars rover landing yesterday? As a science fiction fan I was all over the news and event went to a local event in at the NASA research center. Go Curiosity!

The Olympics continues this week, I can't wait to watch more track and field races. Is anyone here still excited about the Olympics? biggrin

Welcome to ATA!

Angelic Nitemare

Heylo, Gaia Admins!

So, after a year of the feature being operational, I was finally able to get level 4 in Alchemy!

stare ...I still can't believe it is as broken as it is after a year. A YEAR.

And you guys wonder why it cheeses folks off.

OK...on to the questions/suggestions:

1: Can you guys impliment a way to take the 'used up' items from alchemy, and push them into another feature, say, dumpster dive? That way more users might, use it? In both cases? And helps the issue of items being used up to the point you can't find them any more.

2: Hot button issue...banned/dead accounts and their inventory. The current policy, as I understand it, is that no account is touched, incase the issue is disputed. Which is fine, for accounts that are recent bannings or what have you. This blocks off any chance or items that are 'trapped' in these inventories or ever being used again, as well as the user names that some others may want.

I propose a change to the TOS. If an account is not unbanned in 3 years, or not logged into in 5 years, the account is changed to a user ID number, and the inventory used for another feature (IE dumpster dive or maybe a daily 'pay 1k and pull the handle' trinket game.). I mean, it is your site after all, I am assuming you can add a new rule, can't you? This solves the issue of many older items becoming extinct on the MP and exchange, and allows you to free up older items and names without issues.

3: I know you guys are reluctant to change alchemy. I KNOW THIS. But after seeing issues like a user trying to craft wings FIFTY ONE TIMES and failing, a year between level ups for the average user, no solution for the item shortage issue, unbalance distribution of the caches and cases from the DC, some of the formulas having very unreasonable crafting component costs, low level formulas taking high level components (Seriously? That's like building a car so you can build a bike out of it's parts.)...The short answer is Alchemy is really, REALLY broken, guys...and I see users in here every week, offering suggestions on how to fix it and make it fun and useable for ALL Gaians, what can be done to make the changes...I think I remember one guys saying he'd rewrite the coding involved.

And what has happened, while nice, is barely a drop in the bucket compared to the issues. The feature is starting to feel the same way zOMG felt when you guys started pulling devs from that (And look at the backlash THAT got you), and I know lots of users WANT to be involved in it! I wish I could find the one responsible for the feature and get them a red bull so they could WAKE UP.

Please, for the love of Pete and his talking mini lop rabbit, please put someone on that project that can fix this. Because it's not happening now.

That being said...

4: Thanks loads for the RO event, and big props to codemonkey. I sent him more monkeys as a thank you. (Did you know we have neither a holdable fritoes bag or a can of 'mt. dew' for our avvies? This would be a cool way to thank him, and WE HAVE NONE.) And now we can look forward to Back to School and the big bada boom for Gaia, HALLOWEEN!

Can we haz teaser? emotion_kirakira

And lastly...

5: This one is specifically to Lanky...My taco experiment WORKED. The nacho cheese powder is in the popcorn aisle at Wally World. Put it in a tupperware container that is flat and big enough for the taco shells to fit in. then a bit of oil in a frying pan, slightly warmed. Put the shells in the oil for a couple second on each side, then dip each side in the powder like you were breading chicken, let them cool a few minutes on a plate to set and BAM. Doritoes Taco at home. I even went one step beyond and took a little melted velvetta and a pan warmed gordita torilla, and wrapped that around the taco shell. It was like the gods of psuedo-mexican food set up camp in my mouth. And had parties.

Anyway, that's enough Shenanigans out of me, and Waffles is tired of them. I can sense it. Can't wait for the Ci update this week, and both the BLT and EI Chats on Friday! Or Thursday if BigL is bugging out of the office early again (Please don't. Every time he does, EIs take 45 minuts longer to update.)

-Bunneh

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Question - Are we going to get anything new into the Mecha Neko soon, if we are can we get a little hint?

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Hi, guys! Thanks as always for taking our questions. I have a couple regarding Gaia's favorite holiday, Halloween.

1. Were you aware that in a recent thread discussing the next halloween event, the word "robot" was mentioned 74 times in a mere 9 pages?
It seems that they are a quite a hot topic at the moment, and many of us would like to see them featured in a future plotline. Any comment?

2. Are there any plans to update or utilize Halloweentown in any way? Or is it doomed to forever remain a forgotten and purely decorative part of the world map?

Really enjoyed the Rejected Olympics, guys. Keep up the good work!

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Hello AtA! I hope everyone's surviving the weather. xP

Let's get straight to my questions, shall we?

• A few of my videos on YouTube ( which contain recordings of zOMG! events, Dev Meats, playthroughs, and other silly things ) are being hit by Copyright notices. The first two from... "One or more music publishing rights collecting societies" and the third one from "Virtual Label LLC."
    Do these companies have valid claims? What should I do about it?

• Glitched zOMG! Random Mini-Events! ( "Fly By" in Zen Garden and "Trophy Hunters" on Gold Beach ) Are we any closer to fixing them? o: Or have they been fixed and I just haven't been online to see? If they are fixed, may we have the mini-event loot added back? I've heard that there's an Alchemy formula that uses 3 Biomorphic Power-Cells! o~o

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, Lanzer and staff.

- zOMG! Glitch Fix Update: Any good news?

- Alchemy: You mentioned last week that you liked the idea that I quoted and linked you to about the use of cash items in alchemy. Are you even considering it? If you are, when would the idea be implemented? In case you forgot…..

Quote:
Maybe to make cash shop items instead of using up the already limited supply of EIs and such they should change the formulas to use special ingredients in constant supply from the cash shop, or sold only for GC from the Bifrost? That would keep GC Alchemy items from being free, and not take away from the dwindling supply of older CS items before they vanish from the site.

Original post can be found here.

- The Alchemized Version of Ania’s Wedding Gown: This is clearly a gold shop item. So, why are the majority of the components for it cash shop items? Like I said before, it’s cheaper to buy it straight from Edmund’s shop. Please, don’t try to tell me any different.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Hey Admin! Happy Monday!

I'd really like it if any of you could check out my Gaia NPC writing contest. <3

Past that, how are you folks doing today?
For zOMG we have a couple of server side fixes that should address why some of the previous fixes have not been reflected. We are also looking into having the server reset itself in a scheduled routine. Will keep you updated as more fixes are pushed live.
Hello! Good afternoon everyone!

I have a short zOMG related question today.
When the whole ring farm fiasco was solved, all players with a level
10 ring were given a ring grant. The people who abused the glitch
for ring farming were given "abuse", while the ones who didn't
were given "integrity". A friend & I were never given our integrity
rings, and we never abused the system. We had a whole set of lv 10
rings when they were granted. We've also PM'd with [ J K ] and spoke
with former zOMG Dev, Mavdoc.

If you could give us insight on what can be done, and if we will be
able to get our rings, that would be great. Thank you and have a
nice day.

Aged Genius

Ridley Starsmore
Heylo, Gaia Admins!

So, after a year of the feature being operational, I was finally able to get level 4 in Alchemy!

stare ...I still can't believe it is as broken as it is after a year. A YEAR.

And you guys wonder why it cheeses folks off.

OK...on to the questions/suggestions:

1: Can you guys impliment a way to take the 'used up' items from alchemy, and push them into another feature, say, dumpster dive? That way more users might, use it? In both cases? And helps the issue of items being used up to the point you can't find them any more.

2: Hot button issue...banned/dead accounts and their inventory. The current policy, as I understand it, is that no account is touched, incase the issue is disputed. Which is fine, for accounts that are recent bannings or what have you. This blocks off any chance or items that are 'trapped' in these inventories or ever being used again, as well as the user names that some others may want.

I propose a change to the TOS. If an account is not unbanned in 3 years, or not logged into in 5 years, the account is changed to a user ID number, and the inventory used for another feature (IE dumpster dive or maybe a daily 'pay 1k and pull the handle' trinket game.). I mean, it is your site after all, I am assuming you can add a new rule, can't you? This solves the issue of many older items becoming extinct on the MP and exchange, and allows you to free up older items and names without issues.

3: I know you guys are reluctant to change alchemy. I KNOW THIS. But after seeing issues like a user trying to craft wings FIFTY ONE TIMES and failing, a year between level ups for the average user, no solution for the item shortage issue, unbalance distribution of the caches and cases from the DC, some of the formulas having very unreasonable crafting component costs, low level formulas taking high level components (Seriously? That's like building a car so you can build a bike out of it's parts.)...The short answer is Alchemy is really, REALLY broken, guys...and I see users in here every week, offering suggestions on how to fix it and make it fun and useable for ALL Gaians, what can be done to make the changes...I think I remember one guys saying he'd rewrite the coding involved.

And what has happened, while nice, is barely a drop in the bucket compared to the issues. The feature is starting to feel the same way zOMG felt when you guys started pulling devs from that (And look at the backlash THAT got you), and I know lots of users WANT to be involved in it! I wish I could find the one responsible for the feature and get them a red bull so they could WAKE UP.

Please, for the love of Pete and his talking mini lop rabbit, please put someone on that project that can fix this. Because it's not happening now.

That being said...

4: Thanks loads for the RO event, and big props to codemonkey. I sent him more monkeys as a thank you. (Did you know we have neither a holdable fritoes bag or a can of 'mt. dew' for our avvies? This would be a cool way to thank him, and WE HAVE NONE.) And now we can look forward to Back to School and the big bada boom for Gaia, HALLOWEEN!

Can we haz teaser? emotion_kirakira

And lastly...

5: This one is specifically to Lanky...My taco experiment WORKED. The nacho cheese powder is in the popcorn aisle at Wally World. Put it in a tupperware container that is flat and big enough for the taco shells to fit in. then a bit of oil in a frying pan, slightly warmed. Put the shells in the oil for a couple second on each side, then dip each side in the powder like you were breading chicken, let them cool a few minutes on a plate to set and BAM. Doritoes Taco at home. I even went one step beyond and took a little melted velvetta and a pan warmed gordita torilla, and wrapped that around the taco shell. It was like the gods of psuedo-mexican food set up camp in my mouth. And had parties.

Anyway, that's enough Shenanigans out of me, and Waffles is tired of them. I can sense it. Can't wait for the Ci update this week, and both the BLT and EI Chats on Friday! Or Thursday if BigL is bugging out of the office early again (Please don't. Every time he does, EIs take 45 minuts longer to update.)

-Bunneh

Thanks for the monkey Ridley! I've equipped it on my avi already!

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
lanzer
Hello everyone!

How many of you got to catch the Mars rover landing yesterday? As a science fiction fan I was all over the news and event went to a local event in at the NASA research center. Go Curiosity!

The Olympics continues this week, I can't wait to watch more track and field races. Is anyone here still excited about the Olympics? biggrin

Welcome to ATA!

cat_stare Meh.......I'll watch the replay on YouTube, the Rejected Olympics were more fun, although they sorely lacked Archery & Fencing, and great to be here yet again. cat_xd

1. Can you (re-)release the "Gaia Framed Artwork" series in more item grants, or have them available to be crafted as Level 1 Alchemy items? Certain portraits, such as #07, are totally unavailable for purchase anywhere, and it'd be great if users had more opportunities to collect a complete set of these housing items. cat_3nodding

2. Any upcoming games that all of you are waiting for this month? As for this Gaian, I'm waiting for Darksiders II (as is clearly evident in my new signature image). cat_twisted
When will Diablo 3 be a better game?
Ask the king of chatterbox anything...instead.

General Condom's Husband

Hilarious Friend

6,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Should I eat lasagna or pizza for dinner?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff