Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zero Omega
Jenny Sniper
This might seem like a bit of an odd question, but it's been bothering me for a while now, so I'm gonna ask it here.

A few days ago, I saw someone who had a flashing animation in their post style. I know there are no specific rules on what can and can't be allowed in posting styles, but I was wondering if something like this should be reported. The image wasn't large, but looking at it for more than a few seconds gave me a bit of a headache, and I think it would be really unfortunate if an epileptic user came across this person's posts, as they would likely induce a seizure.

So could I report someone for having a flashing image in their post style, or is that something that isn't considered an issue? And if I can, what would I report that as?

Correct, we do not allow images that might induce a seizure or have someone go into epileptic shock. If you see such an image, report it and we'll investigate.
Thank you! c:
Wow, we've had a great reception at today's ATA. Thank you for joining us and sorry that we can't answer most of your questions.

Enjoy the rest of the Olympics and we'll see you next week!

Beloved Seeker

7,500 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
rolleyes alrighty then... okay!!!! i am uber curious, (and this is kind of silly, i suppose) but.. (oh i hope i didn't miss this somewhere) oh gosh! here goes:

we should have a wish-maker-come-truer in gaia! maybe a birthday wish on gaians' birthday's like some people do, where they blow out their birthday candles and make a wish, sometimes it comes true, sometimes it doesn't... all in probability i suppose.
maybe a item on their wish list will be granted or something... idk, just wishful thinking...
mrgreen
(or... is there something similar to this already and all the years i have been a member of gaia and i don't know about it.. yet!?!?!)
Ridley Starsmore
Heylo, Gaia Admins!

So, after a year of the feature being operational, I was finally able to get level 4 in Alchemy!

stare ...I still can't believe it is as broken as it is after a year. A YEAR.

And you guys wonder why it cheeses folks off.

OK...on to the questions/suggestions:

1: Can you guys impliment a way to take the 'used up' items from alchemy, and push them into another feature, say, dumpster dive? That way more users might, use it? In both cases? And helps the issue of items being used up to the point you can't find them any more.

2: Hot button issue...banned/dead accounts and their inventory. The current policy, as I understand it, is that no account is touched, incase the issue is disputed. Which is fine, for accounts that are recent bannings or what have you. This blocks off any chance or items that are 'trapped' in these inventories or ever being used again, as well as the user names that some others may want.

I propose a change to the TOS. If an account is not unbanned in 3 years, or not logged into in 5 years, the account is changed to a user ID number, and the inventory used for another feature (IE dumpster dive or maybe a daily 'pay 1k and pull the handle' trinket game.). I mean, it is your site after all, I am assuming you can add a new rule, can't you? This solves the issue of many older items becoming extinct on the MP and exchange, and allows you to free up older items and names without issues.

3: I know you guys are reluctant to change alchemy. I KNOW THIS. But after seeing issues like a user trying to craft wings FIFTY ONE TIMES and failing, a year between level ups for the average user, no solution for the item shortage issue, unbalance distribution of the caches and cases from the DC, some of the formulas having very unreasonable crafting component costs, low level formulas taking high level components (Seriously? That's like building a car so you can build a bike out of it's parts.)...The short answer is Alchemy is really, REALLY broken, guys...and I see users in here every week, offering suggestions on how to fix it and make it fun and useable for ALL Gaians, what can be done to make the changes...I think I remember one guys saying he'd rewrite the coding involved.

And what has happened, while nice, is barely a drop in the bucket compared to the issues. The feature is starting to feel the same way zOMG felt when you guys started pulling devs from that (And look at the backlash THAT got you), and I know lots of users WANT to be involved in it! I wish I could find the one responsible for the feature and get them a red bull so they could WAKE UP.

Please, for the love of Pete and his talking mini lop rabbit, please put someone on that project that can fix this. Because it's not happening now.

That being said...

4: Thanks loads for the RO event, and big props to codemonkey. I sent him more monkeys as a thank you. (Did you know we have neither a holdable fritoes bag or a can of 'mt. dew' for our avvies? This would be a cool way to thank him, and WE HAVE NONE.) And now we can look forward to Back to School and the big bada boom for Gaia, HALLOWEEN!

Can we haz teaser? emotion_kirakira

And lastly...

5: This one is specifically to Lanky...My taco experiment WORKED. The nacho cheese powder is in the popcorn aisle at Wally World. Put it in a tupperware container that is flat and big enough for the taco shells to fit in. then a bit of oil in a frying pan, slightly warmed. Put the shells in the oil for a couple second on each side, then dip each side in the powder like you were breading chicken, let them cool a few minutes on a plate to set and BAM. Doritoes Taco at home. I even went one step beyond and took a little melted velvetta and a pan warmed gordita torilla, and wrapped that around the taco shell. It was like the gods of psuedo-mexican food set up camp in my mouth. And had parties.

Anyway, that's enough Shenanigans out of me, and Waffles is tired of them. I can sense it. Can't wait for the Ci update this week, and both the BLT and EI Chats on Friday! Or Thursday if BigL is bugging out of the office early again (Please don't. Every time he does, EIs take 45 minuts longer to update.)

-Bunneh

Im since you said banned accounts

Can you unbanned my account Rambo Thug Account

Haven't been on Gaia a long time

Why I haven't got back my account because I been stopped Doing what I was doing along time ago.

I was wondering when can i get my account back

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence
Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence
Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence

Would you be willing to go up to a deceased's parents/family to ask them for pixel items? No, I doubt it.

Dude if you want the MP re-stocked just ask for it. No need to go into people's inventories.

Gaia has taken a halo from a "banned" account before and used it as a contest prize. Taking the aftermath into consideration, if Gaia thought it was appropriate then they'll be doing it again. But otherwise the answer you're going to get from your proposal is a big "no"

Actually, I wouldn't have an issue with it. But if you'd asked, you'd know I have a different outlook on such things than most. As well as a result of having some really unpleasant jobs, this would seem tame to me.

And the method I suggested puts the original items to use, instead of using more space in the overall database.

And last time I checked, your name's not orange. I simply made a suggestion. Sorry you don't like it, but it's a suggestion, no more or less. Just as probable as anything else, and just because you feel a bit squeamish about it, doesn't make it invalid.

Wanna keep up this discussion? Because I have a stew I'm trying to eat, and it needs more attention than this does.

It still seems pretty callous to me. "Hey I tracked you down from your son's virtual web page. Since he's gone, can I have his virtual pixel items from GaiaOnline? Oh and while you're at it you need to verify that you are indeed related to the deceased. Thank you!" Just..no man...no.

If you tried to post that proposal in SF it would be recycled. Why? Because Gaia makes it clear that they have already taken these issues into consideration in the FMI sticky. I don't need an orange name to tell you it's not going to fly, especially with a lot of users who are against stripping of old/banned accounts. It's common sense.

A simple message sent to an emergency contact email would suffice, if given 90 days to respond. A link to a page asking if you would like the account to be recycled would do the trick.

It's a Gaia account, not a family heirloom. stare

You realize that takes more staff time to code than simply rereleasing/generating items people want? What's so difficult with you about having Gaia re-generate supply into the MP? Why do inactive/banned accounts have to be tampered with?
Because it prevents the creation of more individual items in the database, and taking up more storage space. That's the technical side of it.

That doesn't sound like a good enough reason to justify stripping people's accounts.

Gaia has the ability to support generation of new items. They do it every CI, MC release, gold shop release....every time you click DC and get beach top. Users probably generate millions of items each year.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
OrbitGum Is Sexy
Yes i would like to know why my account was reported and couple of weeks ago

Did you post something that was offensive or that a user may have found offensive? We do not actually report the accounts or posts a user has made, other users do.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
rinlee
Zero Omega
rinlee
Zero Omega
rinlee
Zero Omega

Nope.

Negative.

Negatory.

Nix.

Nu.

Nowai.

No. Way. eek

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Yoshikosplay
Hi guys, hope I'm not late! I was just wonering, what happened to the featured profile thingie on the front page? Why is it gone? I'd really like to see it come back (if only so that I can get that much more gold toward my ultimate goal). If you could please tell me what's up with that, I shall be a very happy Yoshi. Thanks!

We moved the Featured Avatar over to the Blog in order to make room for more communication on the home page. You can find the featured avatar section at http://www.gaiaonline.com/blog

Dapper Dabbler

Thanks to everyone for showing up tonight! And thanks for your patience if you didn't get your question answered - there are a lot more of you than there are us.

I may be able to answer a few more over the next couple of days, so I'll see if I can carve out some time to do so.

Have a great rest of the week!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
TheSoulThatNeverWas
Um im ive been hacked so can i get my stuff back becuz i sorta look like a noob

Make sure to file a hack report at http://www.gaiaonline.com/hacking

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Depressed Little Lucie
Zero Omega
Depressed Little Lucie
Zero Omega
Depressed Little Lucie

Why would anyone hack someone. Makes me worried I'll log in some day and all of my hard work will be gone. ;c Is it true some people can just hack from trades? And if so, why do people hack? I think it's a waste of time... I mean you end up getting banned no matter what account you put it on. What is the purpose of hacking? emo

The purpose of hacking is really to make the other person feel bad. However, the majority of our hack cases are a result of the user giving out their password or being tricked into giving out their password.

Just keep in mind that no admin/dev will ever ask for your password, the only time you should enter your password is when you're on http://www.gaiaonline.com. and don't share your password/accounts with friends.

Oh thank you so much for this!
My sister was hacked because of those websites that say when you put in your password you get like an angelic halo. rolleyes

Okay last question... Do you like my avatar? If you don't what can I improve? c:

No problem! Tell her to file a hack report at http://www.gaiaonline.com/hacking

I do like your avatar! Very lovely!

Be honest.
My friend Safa told me the hair was ugly. ;D
Do you know any better ones?

Mine. cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers