Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Nerd

11,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
Hi Admin and Lanzer, how was ur guys' weekend?
1. First off, when can we expect the last half of Piehard to start up?
2. I have had numerous problems with trying to play Zomg and now a bug with playing Booty Grap, all of which I have reported, sometimes numerous times but I have recived not help from the Admin or seen the problem fixed and to be honest I am starting to get a bit frustrated. What should I do to get these bugs resolved, because I've done everything I can think of!
3. Is Gaia thinking of doing anything for the victims of the recent Norway terrorist attack?

9,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
hello gaia staff, its been a while since i been to ATA but im glad i can catch ya on my day off.

1. any plans for selling gaia cash cards at a walgreens?

2. what was your favorite cartoon now and when you where growing up?

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Hey Lanzer! Please read and answer!

1) When can we expect the second half of the event to begin?
2) Will we see more of Mieli?!
3) Can we have an item dedicated to LOST in the next RIG/CI please? You said you'd pass along the request to the art team, but we've yet to have it happen.
4) Can we have LESS OF DIEDRICH?!

Dapper Man-Lover

PingPangPOW
Why not make D*C a permanent shop with permanent items? It's the perfect gold-sink, and it could be very well one of the best solutions to the inflated economy on here. I'm also curious as to why the items cycle in and out, because (imo) if the items stayed there, people would quest for them and more gold would be taken out of the economy. I'm almost worried you guys aren't realizing all the wonderful benefits D*C could provide you in the inflation-department.

I second this suggestion so very much. A permanent gold shop with high-priced, non-rotating/cycling items would do wonders as a gold sink. Perhaps adding items that range from 500-999k, in addition to the 1mil+ standard for D*C would also be wise. 3nodding

Playful Guildswoman

Booty Grab Glitches:

4 of the original 6 glitches noted on this thread still remain unaddressed:
Glitches- Humphrey Poptart (page 21 addresses issues with the 500g grant bonus).

No one gets gold from a 1-fish glow - although a score shows at game end, no gold goes into either player or user's account.

Some players have also noted 3-fish games where no gold was recorded.

The # of players on the glow button is not always correct and sometimes drops.

The # of fish to glow and glow times in glow notices are not always correct.

High scores (over 5k gold) often result in 0 gold grants, also 2-3k games in all mermaid tanks resulting in 0 gold grants.

One game at 7600, was granted, and one player notes earning more gold since the changes (is probably not aware that the 3.5 payout with the 250% bonus is considered temporary).

One player noted a game clenched, switched to a mule on same computer and it was still clenched.

One player has received 7.6-8.1k game awards - airsharks, stone coatls, all dolphins Lt Grunny Subs if most are glowing - requires right powerups to do it.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
what a cunning stunt
no idea if this has been answered before but how will the second half of piehard work?

The second half of Pie Hard is about a month out.

Fluffy Lover

I was just wondering if there were any updates about the new alchemy feature?

Do you know which NPC will head it?

Also I was wondering if this feature came out from the "Item Recipe" idea that was sort of left as a loose thread from the Faunzy flute items. I ask because a lot of the Faunzy flute item descriptions say this at the end "Aside from the distinctive looks they can add to any outfit, they are also one of the most popular base ingredients in Item Recipes. "

^^

Hope today was a good day.

Malevolent Creature

Shadow Coon II
PingPangPOW
Why not make D*C a permanent shop with permanent items? It's the perfect gold-sink, and it could be very well one of the best solutions to the inflated economy on here. I'm also curious as to why the items cycle in and out, because (imo) if the items stayed there, people would quest for them and more gold would be taken out of the economy. I'm almost worried you guys aren't realizing all the wonderful benefits D*C could provide you in the inflation-department.

I second this suggestion so very much. A permanent gold shop with high-priced, non-rotating/cycling items would do wonders as a gold sink. Perhaps adding items that range from 500-999k, in addition to the 1mil+ standard for D*C would also be wise. 3nodding

I third the first suggestion, and second the added on suggestion. XD
Narumi Misuhara
what a cunning stunt
no idea if this has been answered before but how will the second half of piehard work?

Dear seckseh Koolaid Man:

cunning stunt asked how it will work, not when it would be.

I wonder if it's going to involve helping our favorite NPC of the six finalists consume a giant pie. ;o

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Narumi Misuhara
what a cunning stunt

Will it be another gold sink?
Any hints?

Ruthless Hunter

Shadow Coon II
PingPangPOW

I third this, high price items that are in Gold Shops would be really nice. And as said would make a nice gold sink.
The idea behind the change in gold curve was an attempt on inflation control. Our number goal right now is to keep the prices in the marketplace at bay and as a result we're experimenting with different strategies. Nothing is set in stone and we'll continue to refine our methods, but either way we are confident that the result will have an impact towards inflation.

We'll keep taking everyone's feedback into account and make changes accordingly. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

Zealand_Aquarius

Hello there hope to find you in good health, only a few questions:

Is the gold potion are for zOMG and its funding?

As for the zOMGers that ARE putting up 249/250 GC a month to avoid the nerf, does this mean that we will get zOMG items for our avatars such as, the bosses been able to stand next to our avatars? Or even "I am" poses bundle box of fluffs and other animated? This would I imagine get zOMGers to get cash because of zOMG avatar items.
I will also point out that others are thinking the same as you can see:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/zomg-can-get-you-money-from-people-who-don-t-even-play-it/t.73411107/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/regarding-zomg-cash-shop-items/t.73473405/

What was the idea behind the nerf and was the reaction a shock to those involved? Are you looking into this and trying to find a middle ground?

After Deadmans Shadow and Buccaneer Broadwalk can we expect another area and update or is this it?

Where's our JK SDPlus Doll?

Thank you for you time.

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Hey lanzer and co.
just a few questions,
Any set dates on part 2 of the summer event?

Are several glitches on zOMG like high leveled rings gonna be fixed soon since, the zOMG team has 4 devs available?

Most favorite type of pie? o:

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Not sure what we'll do in the future, but let's address the topic at hand.

We were never able to assign functionality to the buddy rings, although those are pretty directly correlated with supporting zOMG. As a result, we decided to allow donator status to have some real benefit as a thank you to those users.

Your 20% - 30% figure sounds about right.

Why put it the potion on the marketplace? Two reasons: a) to allow people to support zOMG, but also b) because using the marketplace establishes some efficiencies that we wouldn't have gotten if we put it in the Gold Shop. If we had put the potion in the Gold Shop the cost would have been at least 150k, probably higher.

We're going to be tweaking values back and forth until we can find levels that a) reduce the gold output to something about right, and b) is fair for both GC and non-GC users.

CleoSombra
Hi hi. Congratulations on your partnership with Fever Studio.

First off, thank you to Gaia for putting more staff back onto the zOMG team.

What was the reason for giving AutoCash users and Gaia Cash users (donators) a 160k gold curve in zOMG when non-GC users had their curve nerfed severely? I have no problems with the nerf or the Gold Potion, but in my opinion, this should have been a potion everyone had to buy, not just non-GC users.

Based on some math I’ve done, I’ve hypothesized that GC/AC users make a minimum of 20% more gold on zOMG than non-GC users.
I guesstimated that people earn about 750g per minute (farming papasaw, doing endboss runs, etc). If two players, one a GC user and one a non-GC user play for two hours, the GC user will make 90k while the non-GC user will make 42k (30k after 40 minutes of playing, then 20% of 750g for the remaining 80 minutes).

If they both play for two hours a day for 30 days and the non-GC user buys a potion every three days, the GC user will have 2.7 mill while the non-GC user will have 1.7 mill. That's more than a 35% difference. If two players, one a GC user and one using the gold potion at 100k every three days play until the nerf kicks in, the GC player will earn 4.8 mill in 30 days while the GC user will earn 3.8 mill - a 20% difference.

How many perks are GC/AC users going to be given in the future? Are tank owners who purchase their fish from the cash shop going to get more gold from their tank, someday? Will there be a time in which people who purchase RIG bundles directly from the cash shop will have better luck than people who purchase their bundles from the marketplace or exchange? Because perks like these, in my opinion, would be very similar to the new perk they have now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff