Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Trash

Oatmeal_Cream_Pie
Do the people who work for the website have to work for their own Gaia Cash and Gold?
Yes.

Fluff Bunny

21,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
I know the ask admin is about to end so let's hope they pay attention to me... I want phoenix items... stare

Aged Genius

Anolis18
Will there be more updates for Jigsaw such as new puzzles and a higher screen resolution for the game? I'm fine with the payout, I just want new puzzles since I've gone through the entire selection a few times already.

I've been working on a new version of the game, and yes, we would have new images with that, but I'm afraid it has been delayed. Hope to get back on it soon.

Winged Immortal

Naya Merai
Gendocide
Naya Merai
Gendocide
Zefius
Gendocide
Remember in the bustling days of Gaia's juvenile life when 70k users online was totally normal?
I do. Even if most were bots. ninja
They were friendly fishing bots
I'm still irked at the fact I can never be a Gaia staff member because I've been banned numerous times
Granted, all bans were actually false bans and they were all lifted as soon as I showed staff my innocence, the sheer fact the site thought I was up to something bad and acted on it just because lost me that opportunity yet I know users who did scam and bot wound up finding a place on the staff some time or another

Yeah I got really annoyed that I couldn't even be an FA originally because of my one and only "inappropriate content" warning point against my account. Inappropriate content might I add, that was fully clothed art I linked to in a url link and clearly informed first of what it had in it. The original mod that warned me told me I linked to and warned what it was in the wrong forum and it didn't count in CB. That one and only inappropriate content warning I ever got is why I can't be an FA.
That's just plain stupid

Yeah I thought so too. But now I can't be an FA because of the added, me being b***h in responses to their e-mails. And I said "some mods can be f-ing idiots" in my status once, referring to the one that reported me, and not all mods. But they took it out of context saying I used the term morons, and I was generalizing all mods,lol.
Honestly it sounds like some have a superiority complex which is saddening.
NOTE: I SAID SOUNDS LIKE, NOT HAVE

Anxious Informer

15,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
Dazzling Ghost
Develop zOMG! pls. We want more emo
It sure would be nice if once in a while they'd update something just to make the site nicer and more fun, rather than for any monetary reason.

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Gendocide
Purplesnoopy
Gendocide
Purplesnoopy
Gendocide

Basically, you need to have the money to feel important on the site anymore.

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean superior or merely listened to? Because Gaia knows if it doesn't listen to its users -all of them- it'll die . and I've never wanted Gaia to be a plutocracy, Von Helson - Gambino rivalry aside. Buy what you like because you like it. Don't do it just to feel special or because it's the latest fashion.
Listened to for me at least, for some, it could be to feel superior. In its early years, Gaia cared about the users, now it just seems to care about what's trending so they can sell an item that's kind of like that
I think they still listen to some degree our they wouldn't be having these. sometimes you have to make some noise to get heard.
Oh trust me, I'm pretty sure they're used to me making noise at these things
Then keep doing it. Another thing I do if I have a particular concern is PM one of the admins directly. BE assertive.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jak Bauer
Sweet Sentiment
Jak Bauer
Sweet Sentiment
Sweet Sentiment
Are you guys going to revise the prices and the selection in club verge? B/c from what I've read it seems that the general consensus is that the pricing is ridiculous.

Bet the next poster 10k that none of the admins respond to this. Be ready for a trade request.
The next poster was an admin. I wonder if I sabotaged myself. sweatdrop

ninja
Oh wait you can see me?!! emotion_jawdrop burning_eyes

But that doesn't really answer my question. emo It feels like the point of the weekend sale was to gauge how many more people would buy if the price was cut.

The point of the sale was just that, a sale. A chance for users to get items at a lower price.
So no chance of next months items being released at the slashed price due to improved response, huh? *sigh* sweatdrop
Zero Omega
Flightless Butterfly
Items are great, but what we haven't had a lot of are events, which bring a lot of players into the site all at once, and stimulate all sorts of banners, art, and comraderie.

My question that I had last time was about banned accounts.

Are they gone forever, is there an appeal process... because in my mind if you've bought something on gaia with your IRL money, and Gaia takes that away from you, they've just stolen something.

Which is a crime.

There is an appeals process, you can file an appeal at http://www.gaiaonline.com/help. As for the Gaia Cash you purchase, Gaia Cash, items, your account, and gold are leased out to you to use as long as your account is within good standing on the site. That means, as long as you follow the rules, you get to use everything. However, if you start violating the rules you risk having these privileges stripped from you because your account is no longer in good standing. This is a common practice with all virtual economies. World of Warcraft and League of Legends are good examples, you can pay real money to obtain special features for these games, but if you violate their rules, they have the right to prohibit you from accessing these features.

It's also similar to a movie theater, you can pay $10 to see a movie inside of a theater. However, if you start causing trouble, the theater has the right to protect their other consumers and remove you from the theater even though you haven't seen the entire movie.
But they also will refund your money.. doesn't it seem like stealing to you? If I violate the law, I will go to jail, but everything that I have bought with my money still belongs to me.

Why would it be different in a virtual place?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Uncle Kenny
Flightless Butterfly
Items are great, but what we haven't had a lot of are events, which bring a lot of players into the site all at once, and stimulate all sorts of banners, art, and comraderie.

My question that I had last time was about banned accounts.

Are they gone forever, is there an appeal process... because in my mind if you've bought something on gaia with your IRL money, and Gaia takes that away from you, they've just stolen something.

Which is a crime.

We just had a huge summer event with a brand new Pet system. That has taken most of my time and since I'm the only one doing events (along with codemonkey for the Flash portions), I haven't been able to get out any mini-events recently. I hope to have one or two in the next couple months though leading up to Halloween.
I hope we can have one for Talk Like a Pirate Day again! pirate

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
IceTeaCandeloro
theres a evil monkey in my closet

-felt like saying something random-

Randomosity is your friend but you forgot something

ninja

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Sweet Angel Mary
DJ Helsing
Soubi-chu
User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Happy Monday, guys. biggrin

I have to say that I really enjoyed when you revealed Club Verge.
I am looking forward to awesome stuff from it.. I hope there will be a
cycle of awesome new items in there. >3<

Will there ever be items less than $25 in there? I'd like to see
things in the $15-20 range since those are prices not usually in
the regular cash shop, and it would give a good range from
relatively inexpensive to high end so we can still enjoy the
exclusiveness of the club.

Also, will you be going to NY Comic Con? I might cry
if Gaia doesn't go. >.>

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

We have applied for a panel but have not yet recieved confirmation.

Once its confirmed we will let you know

will there be panel at gencon? How can i best stalk you at gencon? I know true dungeon is your home at gencon but this year you said we could demo the frontier skies game.

More information about GenCon here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/conventions

Questionable Creature

Gendocide
Naya Merai
Gendocide
Naya Merai
Gendocide
They were friendly fishing bots
I'm still irked at the fact I can never be a Gaia staff member because I've been banned numerous times
Granted, all bans were actually false bans and they were all lifted as soon as I showed staff my innocence, the sheer fact the site thought I was up to something bad and acted on it just because lost me that opportunity yet I know users who did scam and bot wound up finding a place on the staff some time or another

Yeah I got really annoyed that I couldn't even be an FA originally because of my one and only "inappropriate content" warning point against my account. Inappropriate content might I add, that was fully clothed art I linked to in a url link and clearly informed first of what it had in it. The original mod that warned me told me I linked to and warned what it was in the wrong forum and it didn't count in CB. That one and only inappropriate content warning I ever got is why I can't be an FA.
That's just plain stupid

Yeah I thought so too. But now I can't be an FA because of the added, me being b***h in responses to their e-mails. And I said "some mods can be f-ing idiots" in my status once, referring to the one that reported me, and not all mods. But they took it out of context saying I used the term morons, and I was generalizing all mods,lol.
Honestly it sounds like some have a superiority complex which is saddening.
NOTE: I SAID SOUNDS LIKE, NOT HAVE

Yeah with gaia I'm not surprised you have to put the additional "note" and clarification in your post

Spoopy Specter

Once more, I know it's hard to read, but you guys can do it.
Niccolo Ammaniti
Trying again
PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

Hi, when I saw the club verge thing pop up, I was a little more than peeved.

There are several more things on gaia that needed to be worked on (things that are brought up every ATA), such as the inventory editor, guild updates, and zOMG. Instead of seeing one of those updating, which have been in the queue for updates since the dawn of civilization, we instead see what can only be percieved as a money grab attempt. I will applaud you on the ideology behind it. Target a specific group of gaians who are known to spend gold and creating a guild just for them, making them feel special and whatnot. And then giving them their own store with ridiculous prices. As much as you say this wasn't the reason behind it, I would have to disagree. "They have benefits over other gaians and birthday items and whatnot". And you still have a targeted group with access to a never-ending black friday sale.

Instead of recognizing those who have been on gaia since it's inception, or just older gaians in general.... you give these people recognition for often having deep pockets.

You no longer focus on the people anymore. It is all about maximizing Gaiaonline's profit gain. While we community has been asking you for specific work or specific parts of gaia, you blow them off and give them more ways to spend money. Since when have we had a rapid EI every two weeks?? You completely have most of us worried that Gaia is tanking fiscally and this is a last stitch effort to get back where you are supposed to be money-wise to run the company.

The reason why zOMG was profitable was that it was rarely updated. Playing the same limited game over and over with a small community will obviously get boring and you would lose player base just due to that alone. It is almost as if you half-do a project, and just ignore it thinking that "well my baby is out in the world, and no matter what, it will bring us money".

Basically, this Club Verge thing annoyed me since:
1) Gaians who play on here, chat with everyone, are helpful to the rest of the users, and who were dedicated also deserve the same recognition.
2) We have been asking for updates for zOMG, the Inventory Editor, the Guilds, and several other parts of gaia and it's always been pushed on the back burner.
3) Recently you released the Angelic Halo making claims that not only did it release more to the public, but that the halo was just an elitist symbol. And yet, you just made an "elitist" club.

My two requests are that you update those parts of gaia that NEED to be updated....and if Gaia is tanking....please give us some warning. Not weeks, but months. Fiscal projections ftw.

If you have any questions or clarifications, I am sure the rest of the ATA would like to know, or you can feel free to PM me anytime.

-Niccolo

Romantic Genius

Ramiele

Oooh time off work! <3 Love it!

Yeah me too. I can actually sleep in. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items