Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Creature

Gendocide
Zefius
Gendocide
Remember in the bustling days of Gaia's juvenile life when 70k users online was totally normal?
I do. Even if most were bots. ninja
They were friendly fishing bots
I'm still irked at the fact I can never be a Gaia staff member because I've been banned numerous times
Granted, all bans were actually false bans and they were all lifted as soon as I showed staff my innocence, the sheer fact the site thought I was up to something bad and acted on it just because lost me that opportunity yet I know users who did scam and bot wound up finding a place on the staff some time or another

Yeah I got really annoyed that I couldn't even be an FA originally because of my one and only "inappropriate content" warning point against my account. Inappropriate content might I add, that was fully clothed art I linked to in a url link and clearly informed first of what it had in it. The original mod that warned me told me I linked to and warned what it was in the wrong forum and it didn't count in CB. That one and only inappropriate content warning I ever got is why I can't be an FA.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
DJ Helsing
Soubi-chu
User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Happy Monday, guys. biggrin

I have to say that I really enjoyed when you revealed Club Verge.
I am looking forward to awesome stuff from it.. I hope there will be a
cycle of awesome new items in there. >3<

Will there ever be items less than $25 in there? I'd like to see
things in the $15-20 range since those are prices not usually in
the regular cash shop, and it would give a good range from
relatively inexpensive to high end so we can still enjoy the
exclusiveness of the club.

Also, will you be going to NY Comic Con? I might cry
if Gaia doesn't go. >.>

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

We have applied for a panel but have not yet recieved confirmation.

Once its confirmed we will let you know

will there be panel at gencon? How can i best stalk you at gencon? I know true dungeon is your home at gencon but this year you said we could demo the frontier skies game.

High-functioning Hoarder

Oh! When are we going to get some more Achievements? I really love the random one emotion_yatta

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
2sarahgate
King Awesomolocity
2sarahgate
King Awesomolocity
2sarahgate

you keep getting grounded, that's why. XP
though not many have reached 100k, so probably 50k would be good to strive for.
i have 50k posts on four accounts, lol.
domokun stargate

Maybe it's because I have a life and you don't. emotion_awesome
~King Awesome

XP domokun stargate

But seriously though, I think 25k is a good mark. You could always have different levels. 10k, 25k, 50k, 100k.
~King Awesome

people in general need to post more. lol domokun stargate

You need to get a life more. lol emotion_awesome
~King Awesome

Valenas's Fav

Dangerous Hunter

13,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Sweet Sentiment
Jak Bauer
Sweet Sentiment
Sweet Sentiment
Are you guys going to revise the prices and the selection in club verge? B/c from what I've read it seems that the general consensus is that the pricing is ridiculous.

Bet the next poster 10k that none of the admins respond to this. Be ready for a trade request.
The next poster was an admin. I wonder if I sabotaged myself. sweatdrop

ninja
Oh wait you can see me?!! emotion_jawdrop burning_eyes

But that doesn't really answer my question. emo It feels like the point of the weekend sale was to gauge how many more people would buy if the price was cut.

The point of the sale was just that, a sale. A chance for users to get items at a lower price.

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Ridley Starsmore
J 4 C K
starzXnight
Ridley Starsmore
starzXnight
Agony Manifest
Question for all/any of you.
How did you come up with your username and does it have some sort of meaning/significance?
Or did you just put words together that sounded cool?

Having a "x" and/or "z" in your username used to be considered "cool"... >>;;

So I should be xXxRidzBunnehxXx?

Good lord, no.

3nodding
Force the change. Do it. Make him.

NOOOO! I like my name! It suits me!

...can i be pinkie pie instead?

Only if you add in the necessary "x" and "z" mad

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
gummie_sourball
King Awesomolocity
2sarahgate
Uncle Kenny
2sarahgate
there's going to be something special for people by posts made. how much is it going to be? will there be a 100k posts club?

is there ever going to be a 100k posts achievement?
domokun stargate

Nothing has been decided yet for the other loyalty rewards so I can't really give you a definitive answer to those questions.

damn.
i just hope it's nothing like 10k posts, cause that really doesn't take any effort at all. needs to be 50k-100k.
domokun stargate

25k posts works better.
I've been here for years and I'm not at 50,000 (on one account. cumulative, I'm at like...75k)
~King Awesome
i have 23k posts on gummie is all.

SEE! That's what I'm saying. xD
~King Awesome

Questionable Creature

How long does it take now days on gaia for an artist to fix a layering glitch? I had an avi 2 years ago that layered perfectly fine(along with dated arena entry proof) and now there's a glitch in the head area putting the inari's ears ontop of the zodiacal pisces hairpiece add on. I reported it on friday, and I'm just wondering how long it takes now days to fix.

Really hoping for an answer on this. I'd also like to add that a friend told me at a convention where people were annoyed with the new layering issues, you had told them it would only take 24 hours to be fixed. So yeah I'm just curious how long it will take. Let me know if I'm posting too much, I just don't know if this will ever get answered, lately my questions are never answered in ATA anymore

Romantic Genius

Ramiele
Princess-Orphelia
Ramiele
Gah I'm always late to these sad

Aww it's ok. by the way, hello you. biggrin
Haha. The few nights I'm not teaching or out, and I forget about it. xD

Hi! How are you?

I know, right. Ah well it's all good. I'm well and enjoying some time off work. Wee it's fun. whee

Shameless Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Sweet Angel Mary
Purplesnoopy
Sweet Angel Mary
siskataya
Sweet Angel Mary
Since there's been a lot of talk about gaia as a business and the CEO not getting involved in posting something. I know a dev posted a journal entry that I found rather condescending about this. I'm perfectly aware that a CEO doesn't get into the nitty-gritty details but a CEO should at least introduce himself and let us know he's aware about this site. He's new so the userbase isn't sure what he feels the direction of gaia should be. Also, gaia has gotten a reputation of developing something and then instead of fixing it and making better, gaia abandons it if it isn't as popular, is this something the CEO realizes that gaia has this reputation. Does it affect his direction for gaia? How can we know whether to trust this CEO if in the few months he's been here, we still know nothing about him. I've been reading a lot of posts from unhappy users and users that are scared about how the site is changing. There are several threads right in the gcd that are addressing the business side of gaia instead of this forums speculating about items and talking about pets to come, it's about what is happening on the business side of gaia. When else has the gcd been engaged in anything that doesn't involve plot and items.

I know Sisky is trying to communicate with us but I'm not sure things are being explained properly.

Hello! I am not sure what you want me to explain more clearly. Are you asking for the CEO to come into the forums and post a statement about the direction of the company?

It would be nice if he did, like explained his vision of what gaia is, and what he hopes to accomplish. I think the gaia is dying rumors would subside if we knew we could trust this CEO's direction for the site. Right now, everything is changing and we aren't being told why. I remember when we first got the cash shop, the line from staff that it'd be a place for buying stuff with pocket change and now we are getting items that cost $50 or more on a regular basis. We don't know why there are so many expensive items if gaia is doing fine financially. We were never fully told why devs and artists had to be let go, never explained why a lot of games released like HoC, zomg etc are abandoned. It would be nice if we were given a statement about where gaia is headed by the person who sets the direction of the site. maybe then we could understand all these changes.

I'm in absolute agreement with this.

i'm getting so many tips when I post things like this. I really hope the devs read my posts on this subject since they seem popular. if it keeps going, I may earn a few thousand gold just from tips.

I meant to quote this showing my agreement, but I quoting something else by accident stare The point is i agree

Floppy Gawker

Alright. So, are you guys ever going to redo the color section for posts, PM, etc? It would be so much more convenient with a color wheel.

Trash

starzXnight
Agony Manifest
starzXnight
Agony Manifest
starzXnight
Agony Manifest
Question for all/any of you.
How did you come up with your username and does it have some sort of meaning/significance?
Or did you just put words together that sounded cool?

Having a "x" and/or "z" in your username used to be considered "cool"... >>;;
Any correlation between stars and night?
Or just do you ship the stars and the night sky.
Stars x Night.

Agony x starzXnight.

To be perfectly honest, it was a username I thought of when I was in middle school XD I don't know exactly what I was thinking at the time ^^;
Speaking of age, I recall years ago, it was allowed for people to register who were > 12, as long as they had parent permission.
What happened to that?

We have to follow the current COPPA laws which means... no users under the age of 13, parent signature or not.
Which makes sense.
As Gaia grew, certain things had to be implemented. surprised

Aged Genius

jonjon21428
How is DJ's baby? ninja

Very Cute. At the start of ATA I was distracted by her mom bringing her in to the office.

Valenas's Fav

Dangerous Hunter

13,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Princess-Orphelia
Jak Bauer

Hi there,

Ah, well discussion about Club Verge in and of itself isn't a problem. Getting specific about something posted in the guild, that you probably shouldn't discuss outside of the guild itself. Does that make more sense?

Yeah it does now. Thankies for clarifying that. ...Now that I've got your attention. Other than the half price horns, anything else going to be discounted that you know of? sweatdrop

Me personally? No, I don't know. That is not to say it isn't going to happen, but I couldn't tell you myself.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Flightless Butterfly
Items are great, but what we haven't had a lot of are events, which bring a lot of players into the site all at once, and stimulate all sorts of banners, art, and comraderie.

My question that I had last time was about banned accounts.

Are they gone forever, is there an appeal process... because in my mind if you've bought something on gaia with your IRL money, and Gaia takes that away from you, they've just stolen something.

Which is a crime.

There is an appeals process, you can file an appeal at http://www.gaiaonline.com/help. As for the Gaia Cash you purchase, Gaia Cash, items, your account, and gold are leased out to you to use as long as your account is within good standing on the site. That means, as long as you follow the rules, you get to use everything. However, if you start violating the rules you risk having these privileges stripped from you because your account is no longer in good standing. This is a common practice with all virtual economies. World of Warcraft and League of Legends are good examples, you can pay real money to obtain special features for these games, but if you violate their rules, they have the right to prohibit you from accessing these features.

It's also similar to a movie theater, you can pay $10 to see a movie inside of a theater. However, if you start causing trouble, the theater has the right to protect their other consumers and remove you from the theater even though you haven't seen the entire movie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff