Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Dear Lanzer and crew,
I was wondering what you all are doing to help prevent hacking/scamming? :3
I was recently scammed out of all my money and expensive items, so I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to prevent it from happening again.

Still haven't gotten my stuff back, but hopefully I will...

Tricky Powerhouse

11,700 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lanzer
Roxore
Will Gaia ever include more game's like a tetris like game?

We're focused on more sophisticated games right now though puzzle games is never a bad choice. Maybe at a later date. Though before that, expect to see releases of other games.

Alright then I shall look forward to the upcoming games! smile Thanks!!!

Fashionable Visionary

13,150 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Barton Hollow
FireKattana
Hello Admins.
I have a small question about the PieHard event and the user-run Anon-side-events that happen with all Gaia events.

I understand that having thousands upon thousands of "Thank you XX Anon" threads is very annoying, and clogs up the event forums,
But is having thousands upon thousands of "Feed XX NPC!!!" threads really any better?
There are many Gaians, myself included,
Who really only venture into the event forums for the Anons.
I created one "Thank you" thread for anons, and it has every anon that I have received from this event.
Why not take action against those who are begging, or those who have created multiple anon threads,
Instead of moving the most popular Anon-Based threads into the CB?
(Which, by the way, the CB is not the most logical place to put it.
There have been flames upon flames by CB "regs" in all of the anon threads that I have seen.)

It se3ms to me like it would make more sense,
And be more beneficial to everyone involved,
To make a sub-forum for each event,
In which people can focus on anons,
Anoning,
And thanking the people who are kind enough to take the time to type out funny, creepy, and even sexy messages to make our days so, so much better.

I guess my main question is:
Especially in events like this one,
Why are you so against user-run Anoning?

This. A thousand times over, this.

I want to add a suggestion; for future event forums, could there be a sub-forum specifically for anons? That would clear the clutter from the main even forum and give users that do not want them the ability to stay away from them. Anoning really does add a whole new level to the events that you just can't otherwise get. And, as like everything, it's not for everyone. Which is why I feel this "segregation" suggestion might really help.

After working with the mods it was decided to take the thread approach. If this approach turns out to be to restrictive or cumbersome we'll consider a sub forum in the future. No matter the approach however any posts in the event forum should somehow relate or tie to the event... cause... that's what it's for XD

Lonely Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
Oh yeah. At avatar worlds and such like our houses and etc. can you allow us to sit on the furniture like back then? Btw I think there should be some Black Butler-like things
Corinth Maxwell
Daryn Woods
That does not change the fact that hiding the equipped items still leaves the huge potential for scamming. It is considered a ToS violation to misrepresent the worth of an item, or mispresent an item altogether. However, again, it is easy to claim that the outfit has one item equipped when it is wearing something else. Rather than feeling protected from this as well as I do on the rest of the site, I am getting the impression that this feature is "buy at your own risk," and again I do not feel comfortable using it.

stare Quite obviously, I can see where you're worried about something like this happening. However, some people don't want to have their equipped list(s) viewed because there's nothing stopping some random "window-shopper" from looking at the list, finding out what poses are equipped, and then buying each piece of the outfit separately and at a reduced price. neutral

Also........Item prices are ALWAYS going to be "misrepresented" as long as you can charge whatever you want for things like "starter clothing" in the MP. whee

I have not had an issue with misrepresented prices up to this point because I usually know where to look and what to compare when someone tries to tell me differently. With this, there is nothing to compare to. If this is causing me unease, I cannot imagine how this will be for new or less experienced users.

Similarly, for those that can identify every item on an avatar, there is nothing to stop them from "window-shopping." I am not alone in viewing scamming as the bigger concern.

Survivor

Narumi Misuhara
Barton Hollow
FireKattana
Hello Admins.
I have a small question about the PieHard event and the user-run Anon-side-events that happen with all Gaia events.

I understand that having thousands upon thousands of "Thank you XX Anon" threads is very annoying, and clogs up the event forums,
But is having thousands upon thousands of "Feed XX NPC!!!" threads really any better?
I created one "Thank you" thread for anons, and it has every anon that I have received from this event.
Why not take action against those who are begging, or those who have created multiple anon threads,
There have been flames upon flames by CB "regs" in all of the anon threads that I have seen.)

Anoning,
And thanking the people who are kind enough to take the time to type out funny, creepy, and even sexy messages to make our days so, so much better.

I want to add a suggestion; for future event forums, could there be a sub-forum specifically for anons? That would clear the clutter from the main even forum and give users that do not want them the ability to stay away from them. Anoning really does add a whole new level to the events that you just can't otherwise get. And, as like everything, it's not for everyone. Which is why I feel this "segregation" suggestion might really help.

After working with the mods it was decided to take the thread approach. If this approach turns out to be to restrictive or cumbersome we'll consider a sub forum in the future. No matter the approach however any posts in the event forum should somehow relate or tie to the event... cause... that's what it's for XD

Thread approach? As in... one thread for people to post everything about anons? Hm...

But it is about the event! These anons only happen during events! Granted there are some in other forums, but they're all specific to their regions. These anons are specific to Gaia events. <3 I'm not trying to argue at all, it just gets bothersome that it seems as though anoning for events is not... "allowed", I guess?

Thank you for your response!

Romantic Lover

12,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Panagrammic
Lurking, sniping odd questions.
User Image

βяoτhєя мỳ βяoτhєя
τєℓℓ мє ωhατ αяє ωє ƒíghτíиg ƒoя?
ωє goτ τo єи∂ τhís ωαя
ωє shoύℓ∂ ℓovє oиє αиoτhєя

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

cαи’τ ωє jύsτ ρяєτи∂
τhís ωαя иvєя βєgαи
ωє cαи τяỳ…
βяoτhєя мỳ βяoτhєя

Man-Hungry Nerd

18,350 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
Lanzer
Moonlight_Splendor
Are you pleased w/ the efforts to control inflation?
Having worked over Booty Grab and zOMG as answers to the problem, do you think it has been successful?
What is your opinion of the fact that the item Red Devil Wings sell for over a billion gold recently?

Can't say I'm completely happy because the problem isn't fully under control. As long as items keep getting more expensive, it's hard to play normally.

The only reason they're more expensive is because they keep getting more and more rare. Stop releasing so few of the better RIG items and they wouldn't be so expensive. Supply and demand, Lanzer.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Turning on IP verification is the single best thing you can do to ensure your account's safety -- it will drop the chance that you're hacked by 40x.

Plus, sometimes you get cookies for having it on.

Head Crow
Dear Lanzer and crew,
I was recently scammed out of all my money and expensive items, so I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to prevent it from happening again.

Dapper Gekko

6,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
Was there any reason you made the Admin NPC look the way she does?

Lonely Lover

Narumi Misuhara
Barton Hollow
FireKattana
Hello Admins.

Anoning,

A large number of people are disappointed in the thread approach.
If the thread were to move as fast as each individual anon-based thread,
And they would all be combined,
That thread would be absolutely impossible to keep up with.
You would make a post,
And by the time you had finished posting,
12 pages would have flown by.

A number of anons have stopped gifting altogether based on this thread approach,
And as a number of them have mentioned,
Writing about pie is -hard-.
And in a way, even if it is user-run,
Anoning DOES relate to the events.
Most anons only appear during Gaia events,
And fade out during off-times.
Are all of them themed toward each event?
No, of course not.
Many of them keep their personas and pen names through a large number of events.
Arron the Lythcol Mechanic, for instance,
Is a wonderfully sweet anon whom I have encountered during many events, and never outside of them.
But what would a mechanic do with pie?

With the sheer volume of anons and anon-lovers, I honestly feel that a sub-forum in the future would be greatly beneficial to all.
(A catch-all thread for "Hey, feed my NPC!" topics would be great too, since you're trying to cut down on forum spam. Although, without the anon threads and without the feeding threads, your forum is going to die. It's already half-dead from lack of anon threads.)

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Panagrammic
Turning on IP verification is the single best thing you can do to ensure your account's safety -- it will drop the chance that you're hacked by 40x.

Plus, sometimes you get cookies for having it on.

Head Crow
Dear Lanzer and crew,

smile Yes, I've done that. Hopefully that really will stop them. XD

Yes, what are the cookies for...?
Nessie_Pixie
Hi Lanzer i was just wondering why it seems hard these day to earn lots of gold without getting gaia cash? And also why everything in the marketplace is sooo much gold?

The real problem is the fact that items are expensive because many Gaians had earned a lot of gold over the years, and everything in the marketplace is then more expensive. Simply granting more gold doesn't solve the problem because when everyone is more rich, then the marketplace prices goes up even more. It's a difficult problem to tackle. The real answer is to take gold out of the economy through more aggressive gold sink or things like tax, but nobody likes being taxed, so we're doing the best of what options we've got right now.

Thank you for joining us on this week's ATA. See you all next Monday!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games