Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Genius

biglanky14
Princess-Orphelia
Herro, everyone! biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't have any questions right now. But stopping by to say hi to everyone and
perhaps bring in some freshly baked Aussie biscuits. whee

Hi - I love biscuits. Especially with jelly.

I think she mean cookies, Big Lanky.

Romantic Genius

Nuuuu. I spoke too soon. We're doomed I tell you. This AtA was Announced. gonk

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
DrinkyTengu hasn't logged in since April. Where is she? gonk

She didn't quit or get fired or anything, did she? crying

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Crystal Sparda
Zero Omega
Crystal Sparda
Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            Hey guys, just a few questions about a certain topic...

How is it that if a user commissions art, the artist is allowed to
            scam the commissioner in almost any which way without punishment?
            *SPOILER IS RELEVANT*
            I ask, as I had ordered art from an artist and once they said they were done,
            I requested that she send me a preview with a watermark,
            but then she told me that because I didn't do as I was told (she didn't tell me to do anything),
            that she refuses to send me the art I ordered and that she just doesn't want to give it to me.
            I'm pretty sure this is a common problem, and can be considered scamming,
            as the commissioner and the artist enter a contract and if commissioners
            can be punished for saying they don't want art anymore and canceling a trade,
            then artists should be punished the same for not giving art at the end of the deal.
            I didn't finish my gold trade with said artist, as I didn't want to get scammed another way.
            I tried asking the Art Shops forum mods this question, but never got a reply.

Oh, also thank Koleda for helping me remember that a while back
            it was mentioned that you guys were thinking about creating a trade form
            specifically to prevent this kind of issue from coming up.
            What ever happened to that idea?

This actually isn't allowed. When you agree to purchase art you enter into a contract with the user where you agreed to pay [x] for art in return. The artist is not allowed to withhold the art from you if you're fulfilling your end of the bargain. If you've already tried working it out with the artist, then file a Scam Report with the necessary information such as: Where the contract was made to commission art, when, link to posts, etc.

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            Okay, I'll fill in a form then. ^w^; Thank you.
            Also, the latter part where she refused to fork over an image,
            was done in PMs, so would I have to report the PMs as well
            (since I know the scam report says not to include links to PMs)?

Wait for a moderator to respond to your report first before reporting the PMs, they may not even be necessary. However you can mention it in your report, so make sure to save the PMs!

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Good evening! biggrin

I just want to ask a couple of things.

1. Is there going to be a GS update for school supplies in August/Septemeber? We have all these cool uniforms, a pencil, a calculator, an Overdecorated Cellphone, The Plastic Lunchbox, and The Homeroom. I thought it would be cool if we had an update on school supplies, backpacks, cafeteria trays, more messenger bags and lunchboxes in the Gold Shops. If you want me to, I can specify more on this subject.

2. Have you watched or heard of the show, Dan Vs. on The Hub? Just curious. sweatdrop

3. Will you have a Housing Update for Halloween items in our homes, like you did for Christmas? Which was an awesome idea!! emotion_kirakira

4. Is there a chance that there will be a Dalmatian pet on Gaia?

5. Will we have another superheros & villains RIG sometime in the distant future? Kind of like Code Alpha 2?

6. Will The Buttercup Cafe or The Jockstrap get another update? Preferably skateboards in The Jock Strap?

For the 4th of July, I think one of my family members is having a cookout.

Malevolent Gaian

Zero Omega
Mashed Potato Jones

Good evening. I have a question...maybe it can be answered.

With Backyard Monsters leaving Gaia, I'm curious to know what will happen to the forum that is dedicated to it? Could we possibly see the Viximo forum subsidized so that we have instead, a main forum for Resort World with appropriate subforums similar to how Soul Crash and Monster Galaxy forum tee's are arranged?

BYM forum will most likely be closed like what we did with Mahjongg Dimensions. It's possible we could add the subforums for Resort World if we deem it necessary. The reason we did it for Soul Crash/Moga/Summer Springs was because they were their very own forums.

Makes sense. Thank you for the clarification.

Angelic Nitemare

Panagrammic
We have different tiers of daily chance. If you log in frequently in the past week, then you get a better reward tier -- the prizes are, on average, better.

Ridley Starsmore
And five: What exactly does the +2 for logging in on each day for Daily chance mean? Cause if it's supposed to be a change, I'm not seeing it... sweatdrop

Is there a way to make it...like...better better? Cause I'm still getting the same junk I always get. whee

Gambino Regular

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone involved in the making the beach party event so awesome (especially whoever is taking over the various NPCs) :3

Can we expect more forum events that require minimal dressing up in the future?

Romantic Genius

codemonkey37179
biglanky14
Princess-Orphelia
Herro, everyone! biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't have any questions right now. But stopping by to say hi to everyone and
perhaps bring in some freshly baked Aussie biscuits. whee

Hi - I love biscuits. Especially with jelly.

I think she mean cookies, Big Lanky.

I think you guys call them cookies, but we call them Biscuits. 3nodding

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
it's my birthday today! I'm so thankful for the wishes the users gave to me, but I kind of miss those friendly reminders back when I was a n00b. I think we should have a birthday item for the users that have their birthdays! Whaddya think?

Diligent Bibliophile

15,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
You guys know the deal now~! emotion_awesome As usual, any questions/concerns I have/had will most likely be asked already.

CAAAAAKE!: Why must you torture me with cake!? I'm happy that the Owlpocalypse finale had cake and that there is a new REI that involves cake, but I would love it if you guys could put regular cake in the GS. emo To be specific, Buttercup Cafe. Just to let you know, I have no money/GC, so each time any item that is released on Gaia that is costing money, I don't buy it with cash anyway because I don't have it (unless I spend days/hours/weeks/months on doing offers). xd So you're pretty much missing out on me buying it, you're 'biggest' cake fan! surprised But seriously, PLEEEEEEASE add cake to the Buttercup Cafe?

Here is a thread on that: Y NO CAKE? crying (Item Request/Recolor; w/EXAMPLES) [/shamelessly self advertisement]

Hopefully any artists that are lurking will see this...or bring it up to them please. ninja And please, get it right this time- Gold Shop, not Cash Shop! emotion_donotwant (Seriously, I want to hoard GS cakes and gift them away too as B-Day gifts- so pretty please!?)

[POST 1]

Liberal Gawker

Tom Hiddleston fan? Yes or no. emotion_yatta

Precious Nerd

Sasune
milkbun
*waves hello to all*
*answers everything with SOON*

job done here.
Is that Starfy in your sig? I love that game.

Yes it is! I made this .gif millions of years ago.

SOON

Dapper Dabbler

Ridley Starsmore
biglanky14
Ridley Starsmore
Heylo, Gaia Staff!

Lanky thinks he's funny. Writing 'no' on a whiteboard.

THOU HATH AWOKEN THE BEAST.

...rawr.

-Bunneh.

I AM FUNNY!!!!!

Occasionally... stare

You are also a great source for a drinking game. NOT THAT MYSELF OR GAIA ONLINE CONDONES THAT SORT OF THING.

We'll have to look into whether we condone that thing. I may not time to do so now but it's something we'd like to do eventually smile
Umm, Lanzer? Why does Gaia suck so much right now? = I mean I thank you for listening to all my comments lately, but still, a lot needs to be addressed in such a short amount of time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff