Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone:

Happy Independence Day everyone! Got any celebration parties or BBQ lined up?

It was great meeting many of you at Anime Expo last weekend. Hope to see those of you at the east coast at Otakon!

Welcome to Ask The Admin!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)
Just wanted to check and see if you had a new time frame for when you expected the cri items that are needed in the quest to be back in the shops since it's not June anymore ninja

Also, as far as the case issue goes. Is it possible for you to generate something like a thousand of them and open them yourself, think it would give you a way to see what is in them, or what isn't in them? Really seems like they are broken right now. Back in the early part of the year when the cases were given out extensively through the daily chance you had a lot of the formulas that are now no where to be seen popping up often. Even the quest were somewhat find able; however still really rare. Now the cases aren't in the daily chance(at least no where as common) but they are easier to make than they were back then so there is still a large number of them being made and opened. However, you still have pretty much no quest formulas popping up and a lot of the formulas that are needed to craft components seem to be missing from them and are only gotten directly from the daily chance.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, Lanzer/staff.

- zOMG! Glitch Fix Update: What's the word?

- On the reply/edit post page, can you add a spoiler button?

Angelic Nitemare

Heylo, Gaia Staff!

Lanky thinks he's funny. Writing 'no' on a whiteboard.

THOU HATH AWOKEN THE BEAST.

...rawr.

Anyway, onward to more important things.

One: pants poopingly scary or not, we could use a little mantis item on the site. And white Dander Ears. And any number of cool things you see on the site being requested every day. So how about this. (And get this, AWESOME gold sink.)

Sell a cash shop EI. But here's the catch. You will need an awesome artist for this. And works fast. It will have an irregular schedual for 6 months. Because it would be updated when the pose fee was paid. (With gold as it is, we are talking millions. Like...50 million or something.)

BUT...the one that pays the fee gets ONE POSE from the EI, what ever they want, as long as it is not already under copyright, or can be easily parodied.

You make a crap ton of money, we get an awesome gold sink, and the item would likely be oddly popular.

Or for less work, make a mantis pet, and a white Dander ear stand alone item, and pop up a grant link? emotion_awesome

Two: I notice you have the ability to turn off the upvote/downvote feature on the admin threads. Why exactly can we not have this feature? Just a little check box when making a thread. "Would you like to turn off voting for this thread?" Because I don't want votes, I want discussion. Plus, let's face it, the feature doesn't exactly get used the way it was intended in a lot of the forums. I mean, take the GCD...you guys know Winter puts a lot of time and effort into making the monthly rig list for the users. Why downvote hard work and helping others?

YET IT HAPPENS. By people doing so to be jerks. Winter doesn't deserve that, and neither do a lot of other users. All joking aside. is it really so hard to impliment?

Three: I know you folks are kind of on an anti zurg thing in the office...I was curious as to WHY? I know the manga says 'gone forever". Like it'd be the first time a comic was retconned. The Zurg have a very loyal fanbase, and it'd be awesome to have an event that was a little out of the norm Like Christmas was all those years ago.

Four: (Yes, I am a wordy bunny.) Could we have some kinda timeframe on the summer event? I'm not asking for a specific date, but a lot of kids go back to school in a month an a half, including my own, and they'd love to see the event.

And five: What exactly does the +2 for logging in on each day for Daily chance mean? Cause if it's supposed to be a change, I'm not seeing it... sweatdrop

Thankies so much. Also, I drew you a picture.

User Image

-Bunneh.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            Hey guys, just a few questions about a certain topic...

How is it that if a user commissions art, the artist is allowed to
            scam the commissioner in almost any which way without punishment?
            *SPOILER IS RELEVANT*
            I ask, as I had ordered art from an artist and once they said they were done,
            I requested that she send me a preview with a watermark,
            but then she told me that because I didn't do as I was told (she didn't tell me to do anything),
            that she refuses to send me the art I ordered and that she just doesn't want to give it to me.
            I'm pretty sure this is a common problem, and can be considered scamming,
            as the commissioner and the artist enter a contract and if commissioners
            can be punished for saying they don't want art anymore and canceling a trade,
            then artists should be punished the same for not giving art at the end of the deal.
            I didn't finish my gold trade with said artist, as I didn't want to get scammed another way.
            I tried asking the Art Shops forum mods this question, but never got a reply.

Oh, also thank Koleda for helping me remember that a while back
            it was mentioned that you guys were thinking about creating a trade form
            specifically to prevent this kind of issue from coming up.
            What ever happened to that idea?

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Ridley Starsmore
Heylo, Gaia Staff!

Lanky thinks he's funny. Writing 'no' on a whiteboard.

THOU HATH AWOKEN THE BEAST.

...rawr.

Anyway, onward to more important things.

One: pants poopingly scary or not, we could use a little mantis item on the site. And white Dander Ears. And any number of cool things you see on the site being requested every day. So how about this. (And get this, AWESOME gold sink.)

Sell a cash shop EI. But here's the catch. You will need an awesome artist for this. And works fast. It will have an irregular schedual for 6 months. Because it would be updated when the pose fee was paid. (With gold as it is, we are talking millions. Like...50 million or something.)

BUT...the one that pays the fee gets ONE POSE from the EI, what ever they want, as long as it is not already under copyright, or can be easily parodied.

You make a crap ton of money, we get an awesome gold sink, and the item would likely be oddly popular.

Or for less work, make a mantis pet, and a white Dander ear stand alone item, and pop up a grant link? emotion_awesome

Two: I notice you have the ability to turn off the upvote/downvote feature on the admin threads. Why exactly can we not have this feature? Just a little check box when making a thread. "Would you like to turn off voting for this thread?" Because I don't want votes, I want discussion. Plus, let's face it, the feature doesn't exactly get used the way it was intended in a lot of the forums. I mean, take the GCD...you guys know Winter puts a lot of time and effort into making the monthly rig list for the users. Why downvote hard work and helping others?

YET IT HAPPENS. By people doing so to be jerks. Winter doesn't deserve that, and neither do a lot of other users. All joking aside. is it really so hard to impliment?

Three: I know you folks are kind of on an anti zurg thing in the office...I was curious as to WHY? I know the manga says 'gone forever". Like it'd be the first time a comic was retconned. The Zurg have a very loyal fanbase, and it'd be awesome to have an event that was a little out of the norm Like Christmas was all those years ago.

Four: (Yes, I am a wordy bunny.) Could we have some kinda timeframe on the summer event? I'm not asking for a specific date, but a lot of kids go back to school in a month an a half, including my own, and they'd love to see the event.

And five: What exactly does the +2 for logging in on each day for Daily chance mean? Cause if it's supposed to be a change, I'm not seeing it... sweatdrop

Thankies so much. Also, I drew you a picture.

User Image

-Bunneh.

Question two: Can't say what we're doing (not my area), but I can say that any stickied thread/announcements don't come with a <3/</3, doesn't matter if it's from a dev, admin, mod, user, NPC, etc. It's not a setting that we turn on/off.

Romantic Genius

Herro, everyone! biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't have any questions right now. But stopping by to say hi to everyone and
perhaps bring in some freshly baked Aussie biscuits. whee

Malevolent Gaian

Good evening. I have a question...maybe it can be answered.

With Backyard Monsters leaving Gaia, I'm curious to know what will happen to the forum that is dedicated to it? Could we possibly see the Viximo forum subsidized so that we have instead, a main forum for Resort World with appropriate subforums similar to how Soul Crash and Monster Galaxy forum tee's are arranged?

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
No issues to question at this time cool
Just thought I'd ask what does the staff plan on doing for fourth of July? smile

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
When will formulas become easier to get?

Scurvy Pirate

Ridley Starsmore

Soon cool

Only timeframe I can give at the moment, unfortunately. It should be out in plenty of time for them to enjoy it before school starts up though 3nodding

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Lanzer any chance for a update this month in mecha neko?

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Crystal Sparda
Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            Hey guys, just a few questions about a certain topic...

How is it that if a user commissions art, the artist is allowed to
            scam the commissioner in almost any which way without punishment?
            *SPOILER IS RELEVANT*
            I ask, as I had ordered art from an artist and once they said they were done,
            I requested that she send me a preview with a watermark,
            but then she told me that because I didn't do as I was told (she didn't tell me to do anything),
            that she refuses to send me the art I ordered and that she just doesn't want to give it to me.
            I'm pretty sure this is a common problem, and can be considered scamming,
            as the commissioner and the artist enter a contract and if commissioners
            can be punished for saying they don't want art anymore and canceling a trade,
            then artists should be punished the same for not giving art at the end of the deal.
            I didn't finish my gold trade with said artist, as I didn't want to get scammed another way.
            I tried asking the Art Shops forum mods this question, but never got a reply.

Oh, also thank Koleda for helping me remember that a while back
            it was mentioned that you guys were thinking about creating a trade form
            specifically to prevent this kind of issue from coming up.
            What ever happened to that idea?

This actually isn't allowed. When you agree to purchase art you enter into a contract with the user where you agreed to pay [x] for art in return. The artist is not allowed to withhold the art from you if you're fulfilling your end of the bargain. If you've already tried working it out with the artist, then file a Scam Report with the necessary information such as: Where the contract was made to commission art, when, link to posts, etc.

Dapper Dabbler

Constipated Trillionaire
Just wanted to check and see if you had a new time frame for when you expected the cri items that are needed in the quest to be back in the shops since it's not June anymore ninja

Also, as far as the case issue goes. Is it possible for you to generate something like a thousand of them and open them yourself, think it would give you a way to see what is in them, or what isn't in them? Really seems like they are broken right now. Back in the early part of the year when the cases were given out extensively through the daily chance you had a lot of the formulas that are now no where to be seen popping up often. Even the quest were somewhat find able; however still really rare. Now the cases aren't in the daily chance(at least no where as common) but they are easier to make than they were back then so there is still a large number of them being made and opened. However, you still have pretty much no quest formulas popping up and a lot of the formulas that are needed to craft components seem to be missing from them and are only gotten directly from the daily chance.

Hi CT,

Thanks for the reminder. Yup, we're behind on getting Dernier Cri stuff back out there, so we'll hopefully we be getting that done soon.

Nothing we see indicates that the Case is broken, but we do have an independent change that we think will address the formula rarity issue. It's not going to solve everything, of course, but I think it'll be a good step in the right direction like the Cache issue was. We're aiming to get this out in the next couple weeks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff