Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

How do you like the new achievement system? It's exciting to now have the possibility of having much more long term quests and prizes as achievements in the future.

Let's start this week's ATA!

Scamp

Happy Monday, Lanzer! Hope you had a good three-day weekend last week! O:

Noteworthy links:
Gambino dA Group | Gino Formspring | Gambino Formspring | Bucho Formspring | Edmund formspring

Questions!

1) When will we see an update on the Peyo situation? Are you Peyo's father?

2) How's the summer event coming along?

3) You said earlier that the current storyline would be running independant of events; is this still the case?

4) Any bites on bios yet? O: Any artists reading this, you know you want to do character bios! You do, I promise!
Hiya Lanzer! Remember me? This is the first time I've remembered to attend AtA since they started showing "Avatar: The Last Airbender" during this time... xd

-Are the more difficult achievements (e.g. Megathread) supposed to be retroactive like Forum Dabbler? There are people with large threads (or 100 quotes, etc.) who are hoping their past efforts won't go to waste...
-Can you please add an option to delete our own comments on other people's profiles?
-How come we can't achieve any achievements that aren't on our "try these" list? (Like how getting a topic with 50 posts is useless if you started the thread before the "opportunity" shows up in the list.)
-Why can't we have the option to friend ourselves? sad
-Qixter SDPlus doll?
-Was the true arsonist of H2K5 ever revealed?
-Are there any tropers among staff? ninja
-How old is Peyo supposed to be, anyway?
-Can we have customized layering?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Apocalyptic Millionaire

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Hey Lanzer, yes I love the new achievement system, its fun to play. Here are my questions this week:
1. Can you please confirm for me that there will be no prom this year?
2. Who is Peyo's father? Just one little hint? The suspense is killing me XD
3. Will the new CI come out this week or the following one?
Thanks!

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Hygenic Phantom

Hello, Lanzer and all!

My only question for this week; Will the glitches for the Achievements be fixed soon?

Timely Advisor

Hey there Mr. Lanzer:

Well it's looking to be another fun monday, best to get started on the questions.

Question the First: While browsing Gaia, I tend to come across the "Yes or No" questions for deleting things and with them comes little emotes. The thing is, we don't actually have those to use in posts. They've been around long enough, but are there any plans to add them to our repertoire for posting?
The Second Question: Recently the newest evolving item, the Mana Seed, completed it's "rapid" evolution. Are more rapid EIs to come?
Third Question: What are your feelings on a robot uprising in Gaia? :3
Or some story-line to deal with the robots that have been locked away in Aekea?

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
Hey Lanzer. Any chance of getting the long rumored Guild halls?

I have a Petition going that shows what we'd like to see. My Gaia Updates and Guilds Petition

I'd like to get Cart Raider fixed as well.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Your opening post describes Achievements as a sort of quest system. Does that mean we might end up getting Angel and Demon Wings as rewards from Achievements?

I wish Cart Raider actually worked right. I've earned it several times and still don't have it.

Also, hooray for Peyo's adorable new pet Piyo! 4laugh

Dangerous Man-Lover

Lanzer
Sorry for the lack of support, as there will be new items but more in the realm of the new game that will soon to be released. It's hard for me to promise updates on everything while creating new games and content. The older features will get their refreshes but will take some time.

BlinkingBlah
What happened to getting drop items specifically made for each fish? It has been a really long while since received new fish specific drop items.

This is the answer I got from you last week Lanzer. Is this going to be an on going trend? It has already happened with Towns and Fishing and even the Jigsaw at one point. How sure are we gonna be that this new feature that you are coming out with is going to last more than a few months before you get tired of it and move on to your next shiny toy? Why can't you instead take care of your old playthings and make sure they are up to snuff before you go and release something else that is probably going to get all bugged up and unable to use after a few months and added to the graveyard of games that should be reworked on one day?

8,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Hi Lanzer. the achievemnt Systems great, although glitchy, some are not awarding (although i have found a workaround.....simply deactivate, wait a few minutes & reactivate it....it usually catches up within 24 hours....worked for me)

Heres my questions for this week. sorry. i did have 2 ready...but another 2 were unanswered from last week only the 1st 3 are important enough for me

1) In last weeks AtA, when asked about updating/fixing the WAP/Mobile site, you said this
Lanzer
So for now the WAP site is not currently working because of a number of problems, but we wanted to have something more useful like an iPhone/iTouch version later. We'll make the announcement when we're sure what are the next steps.
Does that mean your abandoning the WAP site (or even putting it on the back-burner) because an idevice app would be more important?? The reason i ask is because the majority of users don't have an idevice (some don't want one) and yet it seems that those users that do (a minority) get priority. Sorry but why concentrate on something only a few can use, when you should look at what EVERYONE can use. Also why just the idevices?? why not apps for the Blackberry or Android system....why are Apple customers more important.

2) Can someone clarify a point. with the "please come back to Gaia...We'll give you 5k" emails that get sent to entice users that havent logged on for a while, theres a link inside that grants the 5k. is this supposed to be public, because users are posting it publically & freely....surely this is against the rules as its technically exploiting the system. as the emails are sent to inactive accounts only. so would it be right to report users publically & freely posting the link as it wasnt intended for users?

3) Post Styles - can we please get an official response or rules put out towards Post styles (flobs) as some of the ones ive seen are huge & unnessesary, some even had video links in
them....and as theirs NO official set of rules concerning them, people are using them to
circumvent the signature rules (14 posts loading 100k images in signatures is nothing when
someones got about 10 400k gifs in a PS)

4) can we please have an option to turn OFF the "its your friends birthday" messages....currently they can only be turned off if the friend in question DOESNT have their birthdate shown on their profile, then it wont send....otherwise i know a lot of users have just put the NPC's on ignore and even then it doesnt always stop them

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
Hey Lanzer, I noticed that last week you mentioned being excited about the World Cup, what teams are the favorite in the office?

Also, why isn't the summer event towns versus towns soccer? If it actually is, awesome.

What is your opinion on bringing Flynn back to run a Dernier*Cri Outlet store? Or like a 100k-1mil gold shop?

Benevolent Healer

28,925 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Healer 50
How the manga coming along? When should we see the next one come out?
The world section need to be updated, when will that happen in the future?
Will we see flynn soon?
any plans on rosalie (i believe is her name) making a reappearance? a angel maybe?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff