Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Girl

25,150 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Scarface 150
Any chance we'll get a new REI on Tuesday tomorrow?

Looking forward to the rest of the manga and the summer event!
Also, is it just me, or did these threads go a lot faster not too long ago?

Time-traveling Senshi

Hey there Lanzer! Too bad about Vancouver with the Cup. Anyhow, I've been wondering this one for quite a while now and keep meaning to ask you or Pan about this one. Do you guys have on staff someone whose main job is to do nothing but maintain all your servers?

Every little server burp has me wondering if there's someone to fix it or if someone working with Pan does that.

Playful Guildswoman

Panagrammic
We lowered the delay for this from 15 minutes to 2 minutes.

jellykans
'playing another game' (after a game won't save)

Thank you!

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
We have an amazing ops team that maintain the servers and are on call 24/7.

Chibi Halo
Hey there Lanzer! Too bad about Vancouver with the Cup. Anyhow, I've been wondering this one for quite a while now and keep meaning to ask you or Pan about this one. Do you guys have on staff someone whose main job is to do nothing but maintain all your servers?

Every little server burp has me wondering if there's someone to fix it or if someone working with Pan does that.

Fashionable Vampire

Evening Lanzer and company.

With the new update for Arenas having us pay 5k per entry, will the possibility of tweaking Arenas even more so that winning top prize doesn't have to make us beg others to vote for us along with using dirty tactics just to place?

It just bugs me to see that we have to beg/whore ourselves out just to break even.

And to anyone who is working the con part of the site, any chance we might have more meet-ups in DFW?

Timid Cat

35,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Winged 100

This question isn't website related, but Con related. Also mostly directed at DJHelsing.

I got info that you have to stay up the whole night of the dance and be at the different panels on time.

I was wondering if you wanted a gift basket of the following items; Advil (Caplets), Excedrin Migraine, 5 Hour Energy shots, and Pocky. I don't want anything, but I know if I'm exhausted after one con day, I can't believe how tiring it must be for all four days.

Playful Guildswoman

Stop Dont Believin
Any chance we'll get a new REI on Tuesday tomorrow?

Looking forward to the rest of the manga and the summer event!
Also, is it just me, or did these threads go a lot faster not too long ago?

Yes, the thread's moved about half as fast over the last 2 meetings (compare number of pages).

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Will we be getting an EI or REI tomorrow?

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sifen Yamishi
Evening Lanzer and company.

With the new update for Arenas having us pay 5k per entry, will the possibility of tweaking Arenas even more so that winning top prize doesn't have to make us beg others to vote for us along with using dirty tactics just to place?

It just bugs me to see that we have to beg/whore ourselves out just to break even.

And to anyone who is working the con part of the site, any chance we might have more meet-ups in DFW?

You know what? I wonder what would happen if people couldn't see their ranking throughout the week. That way people can't monitor their rank and don't feel obligated to whore themselves for votes if they're really close to placing. If people can't monitor their rank they can't tell where they are, and they can't try to manipulate their spot with more votes as well they can now.

I know some people would rage at getting rid of the ability to see their rank throughout the week though.

I think they're still planning on additional changes. They're just doing it bit by bit.
Panagrammic

Chibi Halo

Hey.

Hey Pan.

-crawls on-

-paws face-

How's the black Bibbles coming along?

User Image

If you don't know the answer to this, are you at the office right now?

If so, just yell really loudly over the cubicles until one of the artists yells back.

Playful Guildswoman

Yesterday I led a zOMG crew into the saw mill and was met head-on with a full corps of saws, was immediately knocked up above the wood at the back of the mill and couldn't move at all, had to leave zOMG to get unstuck....everybody else walked out. Saw Mill seems to be getting more and more glitchy these days....

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
LiXKuja
Hi lanzer,

How's the new arena update coming along?
Any update coming for the world section yet, it really outdated and boring? Is the world map still on hold?
How's the homepage stuff coming along?
Will "he" and "she" be revealed in the next few two manga chapters?
The mysterious hand in "the fall" manga, is this person going to be reveal soon or is it non-important?

Oh, the Timmy EI is doing horrible. The one pose at a time isn't doing much good.The past generations are not even

evolving either,can we get a full evolution. How close is Timmy from finale?

I really believe the mysterious hand is Ladyhands or is "she". Really loving the manga, keep up the great work. Real

excited for the summer events as well.

P.S Shouldn't friend chat be taken off the comiing soon area.

Re: Arena Update

They just raised the Arena fee to 5k. A couple of users wanted it to be raised to 10k, but for now, the fee is 5k. You might want to take a look at the transcript for last Thursday's Fireside Chat on Arenas. wink

Time-traveling Senshi

Panagrammic

Chibi Halo

I've been wondering if you guys had any "server jockeys" on hand to maintain them while you guys worked on all the other back end programming stuff for the site.
The issue had been looked at by the mod team actually, and for sure we'll be choosing the right set of rules that will be appropriate. We place rules mostly based on forum activity, and most often it might align with what users want.

It was meant to be a feature, though it's turning out to be a sale that will not be so secret when it's released.

That's a cool idea, sounds more like a fantasy theme item as it involves travelling into a book it seems. Well, kind of a combination of both. smile

ROMVLVS
Hey Lanzer! How was last week? Hectic I would guess!

Anyway, my questions are simple this week.

1) There has been some speculation as to adding rules to the heaven forum, as a group of users there has made their own specific set of rules for the forum. What is your take on this?

2) What is the Secret Store Discount in Barton Boutique that Rufus used to mention? Was it ever real? I spent a lot of time as a newbie trying to find it--I had thought that maybe if I clicked on a specific pixel I'd find it, like that Money Tree website.

3) What do you think of a time travel CI? Like, for instance... 'Brenniven was reading an old book of spells, and when he read one aloud he disappeared into time! It's up to you to help Kanako travel throughout time with the help of G-Corp's technology to find him! One item opens one portal, so you might need a bunch to find the right time! Be careful not to change history!' You could have fail screens that read, 'Uh-Oh, you accidentally killed your grandfather! Now you don't exist!' or, 'You stepped on a butterfly, thus making moths evolve to be the dominate species on earth!' Really I just want Roman items, specifically a Toga Virilis and a Roman square shield, you should make them fail items. But you could make some really neat historical items to compliment the ones we already have.

Thank you!

Ruthless Hunter

Is there ever going to be a chance of armor related items?
The elf item update was an nice addition, but I'm hoping for some more medieval related armor.
Stuff like chain-mail, scale armor and plate armor (have them available in both pieces ie gloves, legging, chestplates, shoulder guards, greaves, thigh guards, bracers, helmets, and full suits), we have some nice leather armor and futuristic armor. I would love to be able to dress as a old fashion knight/paladin. There have been nice EI and RIG type armor items release, but it would be nice to see some more medieval like armor in the gold shop. I know that I would dump a good chunk of gold to have be able to wear chain-mail with plated armor layered over it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff