Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Bandit

29,340 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Hero 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
Ok I have another question now:

What do you plan to do about the massive amount of people who make accounts on this site just to

have cyber sex, and who continuously populate the flash environments and subject us users who

don't care to see them screwing and trying to hook up? I find it very annoying to see them in the

sluttiest clothing they can find spamming for sex and pics and fb accounts. It's GOT to stop and

just reporting them is not stopping them. We need more people in there with actual authority to

keep them from breaking the rules because just reporting them is NOT working! I had one of them

the other night tell me that's all this site is good for anymore is a sexual hookup site and that is

NOT what gaia is supposed to be. PLEASE pay more attention to the flash environments and police
them better, because we just can't report them fast enough anymore. Something needs to be

done besides making an announcement about it to scare them away from such behavior. Gaia is

not a whorehouse and that is what they are making it into. Please DO something!

Dapper Dabbler

x-LittleMissAlice-x
Hello admins. c:

It's so cool you guys open a forum to get feedback from the member of this site. This is one of the reasons I love Gaia so much. <3 You're always growing to the members needs. I don't actually have a question ( Since I'm sure it's already been asked and I can find the answer if I snoop through the pages enough ) but I just wanted to say I think you guys are doing an awesome job and I hope you'll keep up the great work. c:

Oh! Actually, I think I do have something to bring your attention too. The guilds, as someone had said before, haven't been updated in a while. It may be due to some changes you've been making to the site, but for some reason I can't join another Guild. D: It always re-directs me to another page that says "User belongs to more than one Clan" even though it's not a Guild for zOMG. Could you please fix this? o:

Thank you for your time,

- Miss Alice

Thanks Miss Alice!

Can you PM me with the info about the Guilds? That way I can have someone take a look when they have a chance. Thanks!

Greedy Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
Ridley Starsmore
Adiuvo
How many servers has it taken to store all of Gaia over the years; how many servers did gaia have in the beginning, and how many does it have now?

Started with one server, it was named sushi, and it was broken CONSTANTLY.

Reportedly, someone thought it was a coffee maker at one point.
I always thought the Sushi errors were some technical term. xp

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
will there be a return of Edy?
and what about Lex's new shop?
soz for spamming but i just miss edy D;

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Stormy Werewolf
codemonkey37179
Stormy Werewolf
Hello,
Not really an issue, just curious.
Do admin get given gaia gold? Or do they have to earn it like everyone else?

When I first got here, I needed gold for testing the programs I was running, but in general we have to earn it.

So the only way you can get gold (assuming you aren't using it for a test) is by posting?
I never see admin anywhere else.

Posting, item vends, participating in games and events, Booty Grab, zOMG!. All the same ways you guys do. smile

Angelic Nitemare

I suddenly remembered...I'm allowed to use my ignore button.

Fabulous.

Dedicated Giver

21,225 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Loiterer 100
  • Nerd 50
siskataya
Aalyve Wyyre
I would like to know if you all are aware that users cannot buy GaiaCash through paypal any longer.

I am on autocash as well, but cannot purchase additional GC through paypal any longer. I'm not the only one, so I just wanted to know if staff is aware and if anything is being done to fix it?

Thank you!

Heya!

Thanks for letting us know about this. I paid with Paypal recently, and it worked fine. If you could message me so we can talk about this and I can get some more information from you, I might be able to help you out.

Be well biggrin
Sisky

PM sent dear! Thanks so much! emotion_hug
biglanky14
Krissim Klaw
So where is my adorable pixelated praying mantis pet item complete with I AM pose? emotion_awesome

Ha - you're once again using the wrong adjective. Adorable does not apply. Try freaky or pants-poopingly scary.
It is dangerous to show fear around me. It just makes me want to get one of my mantises and chase after you with it.

Demonic Prophet

9,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Sup Admins, as a user who left and came back, I'd like to say thanks. This site has had many changes since I last logged in, but I'm finding all have been fairly positive.

That's all really. xd

Aged Genius

Stormy Werewolf
codemonkey37179
Stormy Werewolf
Hello,
Not really an issue, just curious.
Do admin get given gaia gold? Or do they have to earn it like everyone else?

When I first got here, I needed gold for testing the programs I was running, but in general we have to earn it.

So the only way you can get gold (assuming you aren't using it for a test) is by posting?
I never see admin anywhere else.

We post quite a bit. Mostly in site feedback, community discussion, and bug fix forums.

We also tend to get tipped.

Invisible Lover

First time ever asking something in AtA and I have a layering question I guess?

I made a pokemon trainer avi on tektek using items I own. Now, there is one layering problem on gaia that stops me from actually wearing the avi.
The way I would like to wear the boots and pants is like this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. BUT in reality on gaia I can't and have to wear it like this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I would actually like to wear those boots over a few other pants I have but they always layer under. So I guess my main question would be, are you eventually going to make it so gaian's have a choice in the layering of certain items? (not sure if anyone has asked this kind of question yet so sorry if they have I haven't seen it)

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
emotion_kirakira

will edy return to the manga or a shop?

6,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Autobiographer 200
DARKNRGY
evilchimcharmander
DARKNRGY
evilchimcharmander
Dear Admins.

My meebo is gone. I don't understand why, when yesterday and just earlier it was working completely fine.

Make sure it is enabled in your account settings -> Footer -> New Footer.

Also, it can be mostly hidden by clicking the minimize button. Look for a button on the very bottom right of the page to expand it out.

Yes, it is enabled.

Okay, not sure then. Try a different browser and/or disabling plugins you might be using. It's a bit out of our hands if meebo decides to not show you the bar.

*Sigh* Okay, thanks....I'll do my best.

Aged Genius

Adiuvo
Ridley Starsmore
Adiuvo
How many servers has it taken to store all of Gaia over the years; how many servers did gaia have in the beginning, and how many does it have now?

Started with one server, it was named sushi, and it was broken CONSTANTLY.

Reportedly, someone thought it was a coffee maker at one point.
I always thought the Sushi errors were some technical term. xp

Sushi is a type of server.

Dapper Dabbler

petrichors
        Why is my meebo gone?
        I have my footer set to yes.
        But how come, it is still not there?

Hi,

I'm not sure - Meebo is a separate company, but as far we were told, they're not changing the toolbar we use even though Google just bought them. But enough people have reported this, so we're going to take a look and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff