Welcome to Gaia! ::

Narumi Misuhara
Out of curiosity what do you guys think the first half of the summer event will be about?

Devin and Lance getting together and forming a summer relationship. heart

Or a water balloon fight. Or Rejected Olympics.

Oh, you were asking what we thought it'd be. I read that wrong. >_>

Romantic Cheerleader

Panagrammic
2. Semi-gradually. We are going to try and announce it this week.
3. Did I mention it last AtA? What was the context?

BrilliantBlueStar
2> Panagrammic, you mentioned something about bonuses dropping - What are your plans on that? Gradually, all at once, or maybe have you changed your mind?

3> Panagrammic, you said something about a meeting or thread we could discuss FB interaction with Gaia, would you mind to please post that here - again?

I can't find it in 6/6/11's AtA Mtgs nor the Thread You Started asking about the glows BUT you did mention they would be slowing down in ONE of the threads out there - I just skimmed a few and can't find it now - I apologize...

Supportive Sage

14,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Narumi Misuhara
Out of curiosity what do you guys think the first half of the summer event will be about?

Given the hints from last week, some crazy epic bake-off with Rina somehow challenging someone who was an unlikely combatant.

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Narumi Misuhara

Pie eating contest! 8'D

*has no idea*

User Image

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Interestingly, as originally conceived the feature only had <3 -- however, user feedback was that people wanted the option to downvote.

Existential Existence
It's okay. I think you can still have a pretty effective system if you only used <3 or a variation of <3; a lot of other websites do this. Yelp has some neat choices for ratings that are all positive in a way (e.g. useful/funny/cool).

Thanks for the response
SuperSailorStarlightKiss
Will the winner of the 2008 winter poetry contest in the gaia writing arena ever be announced? It’s still open for voting, and it’s already 2011. It isn’t fair to the people who participated in earnest to be kept waiting for so long. sad

edit: I'm really not trying to come off as rude, but I've been trying to post in AtA for seriously 3 months, and every time I am able to be at my compy on monday, it seemed like there was never one, and conversely when I wasn't able to be at my computer, there WOULD be one. I developed a little bit of a complex over that.

Sorry I'll have to look into it as it's been quite a while back since we had the contest. It wouldn't be right if there winners weren't announced and the prizes given out. So I'll look into it and let you know.
Sakura Parfait

Also, is there any way the GD can be better cracked down upon?

You mean other than getting mods to remove threads in less than 7 days after they've been reported?

I'd say clearer, less subjective rules. And a sticky that says "Don't post on rule-breaking threads!" I find this thread to be very useful for reducing my troll side in the GCD.

Romantic Exhibitionist

16,275 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
Lanzer
SuperSailorStarlightKiss
Will the winner of the 2008 winter poetry contest in the gaia writing arena ever be announced? It’s still open for voting, and it’s already 2011. It isn’t fair to the people who participated in earnest to be kept waiting for so long. sad

edit: I'm really not trying to come off as rude, but I've been trying to post in AtA for seriously 3 months, and every time I am able to be at my compy on monday, it seemed like there was never one, and conversely when I wasn't able to be at my computer, there WOULD be one. I developed a little bit of a complex over that.

Sorry I'll have to look into it as it's been quite a while back since we had the contest. It wouldn't be right if there winners weren't announced and the prizes given out. So I'll look into it and let you know.

Thank you!

Ruthless Hunter

Something I noticed today, that I am curious if it a bug/glitch or something that has been changed. When users use the code &autoplay=1 at the end of the url it isn't working anymore. I haven't had the problem, but some of my friends have asked since my youtube video still autoplays. Plus, I'm pretty sure the Q&A and Bug Glitch forum are wondering the same thing.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Narumi Misuhara

I know from past hints you've been giving us that involves something yummy. whee

And you said in AtA last week that

Quote:
We will be adding something to the forums that has been requested for quite often... it may become a permanent site addition.

Would this have something to do with subscribed threads?

Romantic Cheerleader

Meant to comment last week (was too late) but loved the new Manga Story
heart

Amorous Capitalist

14,350 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
Narumi Misuhara

Rina decides to start a baking class and we're all enrolled, we all have to send each other ingredients to make the treats and when we're done we get the event item? (kinda like the vampire VS humans halloween event only friendly instead of stabby? xp )

Genius

Panagrammic

Thank you for your answer. I guess the best place to promote it would be by Monster Galaxy, with zOMG appearing on a ad box, something similar to how you are promoting ocean party.

What I am still displeased about is the lack of promotion of the main site on Monster Galaxy. A couple of weeks ago, my friend; a addict of your new game, tried getting me to play the game. Now being a member of Gaiaonline I was fully aware of the game, but I'm more interested in zOMG. Anyways I questioned him if he knew who made the game and he said no, and when asking if he knew who made games like farmville and etc, he was able to give an answer. That there is a problem.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Anaella
Narumi Misuhara

Pie eating contest! 8'D

*has no idea*

User Image

You're the closest, as a reward here's probably my final teaser as I'll be busy finishing and polishing up the event next couple of ATA's

User Image

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Panagrammic
Interestingly, as originally conceived the feature only had <3 -- however, user feedback was that people wanted the option to downvote.

Existential Existence
It's okay. I think you can still have a pretty effective system if you only used <3 or a variation of <3; a lot of other websites do this. Yelp has some neat choices for ratings that are all positive in a way (e.g. useful/funny/cool).

Thanks for the response

I think the downvote option really works for places like sitefeedback, which is populated by a lot of people who'd find </3 useful. But for other forums like mini shops and life issues it doesn't really have the same conceptual function/perceived function that people were aiming for, when they said they wanted </3 in the site feedback thread. Also that thread was pretty much populated by SFers and SF lurkers...so I think there could've been a bias at work there. question

It's definitely not your guys' fault for the positive/negative dynamic though because people did want it at first. But post-experience with this function, people have been finding it pretty intrusive to their forum experiences elsewhere.

I guess it's something like a learning-the-consequences experience.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff