Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panagrammic
You want the artists to make a hairball!?!? razz

CleoSombra
As an administrator, go order someone to make this happen:

User Image

Edit: Edit fail. sweatdrop

Actually, his name is Boom Boom, thank you very much.

He's . . . voluptuous.

His hobbies include sleeping, eating, and napping.

He doesn't need a satin pillow/crystal pose. A sandwich or cheeseburger pose would be just fine.

But please make them as common (drop rate) as the other Bibble variations. Otherwise I'll cry/scream 'it's because he's black, isn't it?!' or something equally accusatory. And inaccurate.
I need two of them.

Fashionable Vampire

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Then some questions:

1-Will GAIA be making more convention stops in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area?

2-Any plans to open Dernier Cri again?

Invisible Hunter

30,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Hey admins/devs:

Will there ever be a way to sign off meebo and STAY signed off? Every time i sign off and then either refresh or go to a different page, Meebo has magically signed me back on. It's really annoying because I often don't want to talk to people and it keeps making me available for chat.

Malevolent Creature

Panagrammic
1. Announcement in next week or so on this.
3. The difficulty here is that one man's long-requested feature is another person's waste of time. However, we will be doing a Spring Cleaning type thing again this year.
4. We are planning to do this for accounts that have not verified. We're still not sure how to fairly allow people to grab the now-available names, however.

One and Nineteen More
1. When will zOMG! get the love it deserves? neutral

3. Instead of rapidly bringing out new features, why don't you guys work on the old ones?
Lots of your old features are broken. Please stop ignoring them for the new features you want to create?
And even of the old features AREN'T broken, update them. D:

4. Any thought on recycling usernames from accounts abandoned for 5+ years/banned/never activated email after 5 years? You could send out a standard email saying "If you don't log on/activate your account soon, you could lose your username!". If they don't log on, their username would be changed to a random number code sent in the email.

1. I don't know if I should be scared or not. D8
4. Set up a raffle for clean accounts*? 10k per ticket, one entry per user for that single username the user would want? If a user enters various raffles and wins more than one, the user would have to choose ONE name, so the raffle can start over--with his name out of it.

*So GD trolls won't happen to come across a name many desire and get banned the next week.
And, clean as in the sense the account is a few months old with no temp bans.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Panagrammic
3. The difficulty here is that one man's long-requested feature is another person's waste of time. However, we will be doing a Spring Cleaning type thing again this year.
4. We are planning to do this for accounts that have not verified. We're still not sure how to fairly allow people to grab the now-available names, however.

One and Nineteen More

3. Instead of rapidly bringing out new features, why don't you guys work on the old ones?
Lots of your old features are broken. Please stop ignoring them for the new features you want to create?

4. Any thought on recycling usernames from accounts abandoned for 5+ years/banned/never activated email after 5 years? You could send out a standard email saying "If you don't log on/activate your account soon, you could lose your username!". If they don't log on, their username would be changed to a random number code sent in the email.

Another Spring Cleaning event? Yes!

Invisible Hunter

30,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Also, this:

SuperSailorStarlightKiss
Will the winner of the 2008 winter poetry contest in the gaia writing arena ever be announced? It’s still open for voting, and it’s already 2011. It isn’t fair to the people who participated in earnest to be kept waiting for so long. sad

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Narumi Misuhara
Anaella
Narumi Misuhara
Anaella

-I've heard that in the 2nd portion of the Summer events there will be a large amount of NPCs to choose from. Will the Holiday trio be included?

User Image

Not sure where you got that but that info is not correct. XD

It was in the GCD somewhere, let me find it...
"Also, it was "accidentally" revealed that the 2nd part of the Summer Event would include a grand fight between an obnoxiously large amount of NPCs. Users would pick one NPC to help along their path and win something at the end if their NPC reached their goal."

User Image

The second half of the event is nothing more than footnotes on a word document on my computer so I must say I'm slightly amused how something like that was "leaked." For the moment the second half of the event will largely depend on how the first half plays out. So anything you hear about the second half I wouldn't put to much stock in.

Lol, alrighty. Good to have that cleared up then.

User Image

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
QueeniePMonkey
Hey admins/devs:

Will there ever be a way to sign off meebo and STAY signed off? Every time i sign off and then either refresh or go to a different page, Meebo has magically signed me back on. It's really annoying because I often don't want to talk to people and it keeps making me available for chat.

You'll have to take it up with Meebo themselves, because Gaia doesn't control Meebo at all.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
We talked about this, but IMHO there are a couple of things that made it look less than attractive:

- the development work to move to a Facebook form-factor would be extensive
- the zOMG model doesn't seem to fit what's popular on Facebook. zOMG is synchronous deep content, and most FB games tend towards asynchronous models that lend themselves to play five minutes at a time; zOMG isn't really geared for that.

II_Kisame_II
Looking at how successful Monster Galaxy has been on Facebook, with about 12 mill in users and still growing. Is it fair to say that zOMG may someday be incorporated into Facebook? Would you say this would be a ideal move in increasing its popularity?
One and Nineteen More
User Image
I have just a few questions today!

2. Is it possible to get a salon update that takes RIG/EI/MC hair and chops it up?
I made a thread about it with examples, and people seem to like it. On a side note, can we please, please get some facial hair for the gold shops?

5. Where are my Jet Set Radio Future items!? scream

zOMG is getting updates at the speed that we can afford. Sorry it couldn't be any faster.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I'll pitch in for facial hair even though I can never get any smile

It's a balancing act, and we had continuously update old features from jigsaw, fishing, aquarium, and community features just to name a few that we worked on in the last few months. Some people like some old features over others, so while some people are happy, others might have been waiting for a while. Hopefully we'll continue getting around working on refreshes and updates.

We initiated that project but came across a lot of issues, for now it's not being worked on.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
One and Nineteen More
Panagrammic

One and Nineteen More

1. I don't know if I should be scared or not. D8
4. Set up a raffle for clean accounts*? 10k per ticket, one entry per user for that single username the user would want? If a user enters various raffles and wins more than one, the user would have to choose ONE name, so the raffle can start over--with his name out of it.

*So GD trolls won't happen to come across a name many desire and get banned the next week.
And, clean as in the sense the account is a few months old with no temp bans.

Ye of little faith in the GD gonk
GD Trolls would rather have their own names (version 100 of X....lol) than some stranger's name. I'd be more worried about the people who would snipe the name just to have the name, as a mule to rarely visit again.

Invisible Hunter

30,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Sakura Parfait
QueeniePMonkey
Hey admins/devs:

You'll have to take it up with Meebo themselves, because Gaia doesn't control Meebo at all.

I'm talking about the Gaia IM system, the one that appears on the quick tools bar at the bottom of the screen.

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
To Lanzer/Pangrammic/DJ Helsing/all the other staff:

Are you glad that "Duke Nukem: Forever" is finally out, or do you, like certain other people, feel that the game is long past its expiration date/shelf life? xd rofl

7,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
1. Regarding the GCash move: Are we officially losing our discount in the CS? Is it also safe to assume that we will no longer be receiving the extra 200 GCash each month? I realize that we've been offered a one-time only sign-up incentive of 500 GCash, but the discount and extra cash was what made me sign up. Never mind--I just received the PM that answers this question.

2. As an '03er (different account--took very long hiatus), I was ecstatic to see the Easter Bunny again! Will we be seeing him in other events this year, as well?

3. I really enjoyed the recent MoGa coffee bean quest, but it's frustrating to keep receiving requests from my friends to claim coffee beans when I've already completed the quest. Will there be a way in the future to turn off notifications for one-completion-only quests once they have been finished?

Thanks for all of the hard work you do. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces