Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Anaella

-I've heard that in the 2nd portion of the Summer events there will be a large amount of NPCs to choose from. Will the Holiday trio be included?

User Image

Not sure where you got that but that info is not correct. XD

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
One and Nineteen More
1. When will zOMG! get the love it deserves? neutral

3. Instead of rapidly bringing out new features, why don't you guys work on the old ones?
Lots of your old features are broken. Please stop ignoring them for the new features you want to create?
And even of the old features AREN'T broken, update them. D:

stare This. A thousand times, this. stressed scream
ROMVLVS

1) Why don't you take towns down and remake it from the beginning? You can update the engine it's on and make money by selling plots of land for GC. Make it so you can buy a special 'permit' to live in certain areas. You can also buy a 'permit' to make your house bigger. These permits should be buyable only with cash and be able to be sold on the marketplace so no one's left out. One of the permits will let you put your house in Durem.

stare That......not so much. xp There's no way I'd pay GC for something I already have - regardless of how old or limited in function it is. talk2hand

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Narumi Misuhara
Anaella

-I've heard that in the 2nd portion of the Summer events there will be a large amount of NPCs to choose from. Will the Holiday trio be included?

User Image

It was in the GCD somewhere, let me find it...
"Also, it was "accidentally" revealed that the 2nd part of the Summer Event would include a grand fight between an obnoxiously large amount of NPCs. Users would pick one NPC to help along their path and win something at the end if their NPC reached their goal."

User Image

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
Corinth Maxwell
One and Nineteen More

3. Instead of rapidly bringing out new features, why don't you guys work on the old ones?
Lots of your old features are broken. Please stop ignoring them for the new features you want to create?

stare This. A thousand times, this. stressed scream
ROMVLVS

1) Why don't you take towns down and remake it from the beginning? You can update the engine it's on and make money by selling plots of land for GC. Make it so you can buy a special 'permit' to live in certain areas. You can also buy a 'permit' to make your house bigger. These permits should be buyable only with cash and be able to be sold on the marketplace so no one's left out. One of the permits will let you put your house in Durem.

stare That......not so much. xp There's no way I'd pay GC for something I already have - regardless of how old or limited in function it is. talk2hand

I never said there still wouldn't be free spots.

Hopeful Girl

When can we see Regular EIs or more Rapid EIs? ninja Also, what will be yummy in Summer Event? HINTS!? gonk

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Anaella
Narumi Misuhara
Anaella

User Image

"Also, it was "accidentally" revealed that the 2nd part of the Summer Event would include a grand fight between an obnoxiously large amount of NPCs. Users would pick one NPC to help along their path and win something at the end if their NPC reached their goal."

User Image

I think that was from Winter's summary of his time at what's-it-fanime? and the panel thingy.

Maybe he mistook some info.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
1. Announcement in next week or so on this.
3. The difficulty here is that one man's long-requested feature is another person's waste of time. However, we will be doing a Spring Cleaning type thing again this year.
4. We are planning to do this for accounts that have not verified. We're still not sure how to fairly allow people to grab the now-available names, however.

One and Nineteen More

4. Any thought on recycling usernames from accounts abandoned for 5+ years/banned/never activated email after 5 years? You could send out a standard email saying "If you don't log on/activate your account soon, you could lose your username!". If they don't log on, their username would be changed to a random number code sent in the email.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Anaella
Narumi Misuhara
Anaella

User Image

User Image

The second half of the event is nothing more than footnotes on a word document on my computer so I must say I'm slightly amused how something like that was "leaked." For the moment the second half of the event will largely depend on how the first half plays out. So anything you hear about the second half I wouldn't put to much stock in.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
You want the artists to make a hairball!?!? razz

CleoSombra
As an administrator, go order someone to make this happen:

User Image

Edit: Edit fail. sweatdrop

Romantic Cheerleader

Lanzer
Hello everyone, welcome to this weeks's ATA!

Summer is finally here! New movies, conventions, and warm sunny days. Anyone made plans for the holidays?

Friends chat had just been released, did everyone got to play with it yet?

That Chinese Restaurant Name is Chef's Chou's, Sunnyvale, CA, El Camino Real on a corner
Nice heart

EDITED: Chef Chu's, Los Altos, CA, El camino Real and N. San Antonio Rd on the corner (hubby had to get it all right for me : ) )

Haven't tried Friends Chat yet but sounds great!

Going to spend time at Home and around our Region I suppose : )

How about Everyone else?

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Is the autoplay being disabled a permanent thing?

Also, is there any way the GD can be better cracked down upon?

Hopeful Girl

OH! And, Recolours: Can you bring the Marionette bangs in the other colours??

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
2. Semi-gradually. We are going to try and announce it this week.
3. Did I mention it last AtA? What was the context?

BrilliantBlueStar
2> Panagrammic, you mentioned something about bonuses dropping - What are your plans on that? Gradually, all at once, or maybe have you changed your mind?

3> Panagrammic, you said something about a meeting or thread we could discuss FB interaction with Gaia, would you mind to please post that here - again?

Genius

Good evening/afternoon admins and devs

II_kisame_II
Looking at how successful Monster Galaxy has been on Facebook, with about 12 mill in users and still growing. Is it fair to say that zOMG may someday be incorporated into Facebook? Would you say this would be a ideal move in increasing its popularity?

I can understand if this doesn't come into fruition, but it would be nice to see your take on it

II_kisame_II
Just a few days ago I was reading the Behind the scene compilation of zOMG. And there was one topic about how the props came into place and something that got my interest was when Mavdoc mentioned how Gaia outsourced some of the modelling to other companies because the team already had their hands full to work on them. I believe you guys used two Chinese companies to model those props.

My question; Is Outsourcing a viable alternative in helping zOMG get well needed new updates?

Moving away from past questions. I'm wondering what Gaia is planning to do with the revenue it makes from Monster Galaxy. Will you guys be working on improving that game with more updates and more monsters added or will you guys be doing both? Updating the game and working on giving new life to the site such as improving towns and zOMG? I would love to see some of the resources to be used on giving us new zOMG seasonal events and something tied to it that will also generate you guys some revenue.

On the Monster Galaxy subject, well its been generating a lot of heat between MG and zOMG community. I view MG as being the project that gives new life to the site and with that in mind, what has Gaia done to promote its site on Facebook? I hardly see anything that indicates that this game is made by Gaia. I thought this project was meant to bring in new users, but this doesnt seem to be the case. I hope you make changes quick to start promoting your site

Partying Saint

10,850 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Nerd 50
Panagrammic
You want the artists to make a hairball!?!? razz

CleoSombra
As an administrator, go order someone to make this happen:

User Image

Edit: Edit fail. sweatdrop

rofl Don't do it, artists! Focus on something important! Like dogs. biggrin