Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Thank you for participating the Waffles event! Here's a Waffles pic for you all

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

Welcome to this week's ATA! As usual, we'll be starting right about 5pm PT, and be hanging out for 60-90 minutes.

We get a bunch of questions at these events, and because a good number of them are repeats, I wanted to again post a few FAQs so that everyone knows the answers. As you can see, not a lot has changed in the past week.

Oh, and if you want to talk about Prometheus, I've put in my two cents in this thread.

When is the manga coming back? We're aiming for next week - we don't want to leave you guys hanging too long. In the meantime, we're going to try to have a little treat for you, but that's all I can say about that.

Alchemy updates? Nothing really to talk about at the moment. The items in Dernier Cri will be available again (likely this month), and we're definitely still looking at a lot of options. But there's nothing new to report at the moment.

zOMG fixes? They're still working on the bug fixes (and we got a few out recently). Keep posting in the forum so they can see the priority. And we are indeed looking at whether we will open up DMS more often.

What's going on with offers? We know that you guys want more offers to be available, so we're trying a few new companies out to see how they do. We're running some tests on them, which means that some of you will see different offers than others. We really appreciate you guys being patient with this. Hopefully we'll end up with some good long-term partners that will provide plenty of offers to both our US and international users.

Winged Demon

16,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
lolol more Alchemy questions. 8D
trololol refreshed for like 3mins until thread got unlocked ;n;

1. Why are there only like 50-100 different formulas in Alchemist Cases and some are supposedly in DC, but no one seems to be getting them since there are rarely any in the MP? Is there any way we can know which formulas are in cases and which ones aren't?

2. A friend of mine has opened 202 Cases and hasn't gotten a single Moonstone or Sunstone formula, along with Ectoplasm and Candy Mountain and yet he has gotten a Nice Suit For Work. Why are those formulas rarer than NSFW formulas? ninja

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, Lanzer/staff.

- What are some of the zOMG! fixes that have gone out?

- Recently, I've gotten a look at the Lucifer's wings. Why do they look so flat? I would expect better considering all of work, gold/cash that goes into making these wings.

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Hello! It's been a while since I've been to an Ata. I'm usually workin' on Mondays.

Waffles looks so cute btw. cat_3nodding

Was wonderin' if we could have achievements for the different games on Gaia.
Maybe for completin' so many puzzles.
Or earnin' so many tickets from slots, and blackjack.
Maybe gettin' a certain amount of fish from fishin'.
Just a few examples.

Romantic Genius

Hi everyone at AtA, biggrin

I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask today. Sorry if these questions have already been asked. sweatdrop

1} I asked this question, but not sure if I've addressed it to the right person, so I'll ask it in here, in hopes of getting an answer, should there be anyone that can answer it.
In resort world, there's a button that states we can start the game over. My question is, should we press that button, what exactly do we keep and what do we lose? For eg: Do we lose all our money and Piatres should we start over?

2} In Alchemy the wings, can I ask, is the only place for them to be found only in the Alchemy case, or can they be found in something else too?

Thankies for answering.
Orphie. heart

PS, Waffles is sooooo cute. whee

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Can we expect to see the spoiler tag in profiles as well?
This would be fantastic for even more affects. I remember Carbonphyber saying that there will be support for it everywhere the WYSIWYG toolbar is shown. But there's no toolbar for it in the Current profile template, so it made me wonder if it'll be supported there.
Speaking of which, would it be too much to ask for the toolbar in the Current profile editor for custom elements?

Also, just curious. How many of you can relate to this image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Hi AtA. o3o;;

• Thank you guys so much for removing the Voice Fonts from the in-game zOMG! shop!! heart Though uh... I think you missed one.
    redface

• May we please get a fix to the Recipe Exchange in Back Alley Bargains? Gaia Gold does not display properly there.
    Example:

• Random mini-event loot. ( AirShark Plating, LawnShark Blade, Grucken Feather, Zen Charm, Loose Screw, Alien Egg Sac, Biomorphic Power Cell, Spirit Pyre Rune ) Would it be possible to add this stuff back into zOMG! and add it to Alchemy formulae? Note: this stuff has been removed from zOMG!, therefore one would have to obtain it from someone else that already has it. >3>;;
    Actually, from what I understand, one of these pieces of loot is already in an Alchemy formula somewhere. ._.;;
    *le PROOF:
    User Image
    Thanks for the screeny, Buggy!

• It was posted last time that several glitches in zOMG! were fixed. Have these fixes been implemented yet?

I know a few of my questions are kinda copy & paste from my post last week, but I feel as if these should be brought up again. ^^;;

High-functioning Pie-Maker

21,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pieversity 200
  • Nerd 50
Happy Monday Everyone! I have just one question/request. Skin previews in shops~ I'd love to try out a tan or maybe a potion and previews are what sell me on an item. Thanks for your reply, I hope you have a great week.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
I've been seeing more and more complaints about this lately, so I'm bringing it to your attention. The Alchemy formula Lawn Shark Blades has a glitch in it that can prevent the formula from crafting.

zOMG! introduced, as crafted items, six different "Forum Badges" named after the CB, GD, GCD, ED, SF, and Q&A forums. I assume the Lawn Shark Blades formula is supposed to call for one of each...but instead of calling for the SF Badge, it calls for a second CB Badge.

The problem here is that the formula treats the two CB Badges as if they're different items...and that messes up the Alchemy system's ability to verify that you have all of the needed components. Instead of checking to see if you have at least two CB Badges, it checks to see if you have at least one. ...twice. So if you have only one, both CB Badges will be marked as obtained.

Because of this, it's possible for the Alchemy page to claim the formula is ready to craft when it really isn't. If you try to craft the Lawn Shark Blades with only one CB Badge, you'll get the plain text message "Oooops!!! The Alchemy Process failed." that displays when a bug in the code, rather than a low crafting success rate, stops a formula from crafting.

Can this be fixed sometime soon so it can stop bewildering and frustrating people?
Darc Nightgale
Hello! It's been a while since I've been to an Ata. I'm usually workin' on Mondays.

Maybe gettin' a certain amount of fish from fishin'.
Just a few examples.
cat_ninja *Waffles runs away*

Diligent Bibliophile

15,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Okay, I posted this last week when it wasn't busy and I didn't receive a answer, although many others did (even silly questions were asked and answered), despite being on the first page. stare And before I could post it again, the topic was then closed.... So, here I am again with the same questions/statements, a few things I changed though.... Hopefully I'll get a reply this time around, and I'll post multiply times. If I am missed again, I will most likely PM someone, because with what was said the week before in ATA, the update is coming soon, and I want answers about that update as soon as possible.

I usually say nothing at ATA's except for the cake thing, but I want to mention a few concerns that I have today. Spoiler tags are being used to make the post shorter, or at least appear as such. When you open them, you should be able to see what I have written for each concern that I have.

1) About the Avatar Arena Coming To Be Update ['IMPORTANT']:
I'm going to be honest and say what's on my mind, and I hope that I am being clear when I do. Please, please, PLEASE tell me that the changes you are making to the arena ARE NOT due to that ONE THREAD in Site Feedback (or rather, second thread by the same OP)? For this update that is coming up, is this based on various opinions from various threads or was it due to that one thread by a reg of the AA, whom is bias about various things concerning the AA? Will these changes to the arena be fair for all or will it be one-sided? I would like a clear enough answer for this, because this raises concerns for me. If these changes must be put into effect, can you guys please create a thread in SF about what they are/might be and ask for opinions from various people? Just like you guys have done with the idea project thread and the calendar one. This way, there is various opinions about it and not from a specific group that is bias to begin with; though, it'll be nice to spread the word about it in dev alerts too, that way, those outside of SF will see it as well (at least most)- as the calender one has proven to do.

[FULL EXPLANATION OF ABOVE IS HERE- NOT REQUIRED TO BE READ]
Let me explain; There were many suggestions/posts in that thread that were bias and one-sided. In other words, it was a concern for REGS of the arena
(in addition, many of the posters are even regs of SF- how is that small thread a 'conclusion' of what others think of the Avatar Arnea (AA)? It shouldn't be.)
and not fair for people all around. When the other thread was created by the creator, there were many things I mentioned that have not been answered and/or ignored. So, the OP blocked me from further posting,
(and their reason is for being 'dense'; funny, I saw it as them being special snowflakes as they call others in the arena)
and when the new thread was created, I could not post in the thread due to being blocked by the OP nor could I reply to the dev that did post there (was it Kenny?), otherwise- I would have made my voice very clear and 'loud'
(and hopping onto a mule account is a no-no etc., so I didn't do that either- even if I wanted to)
. And I can't imagine how many others were blocked by the OP for the exact same reason(s). Again, I find it funny that they call others 'can't handle critique'/'special snowflakes' and I have pretty much done/proven that they are the same thing- seems they can't handle mine either. emotion_awesome Again, for this update that is coming up, is this based on various opinions from various threads or was it due to that one thread by a reg of the AA, whom is bias about various things concerning the AA?

I just want this to be clear, because from what I have read and how fast this is going on when other things should/could be...higher priority, it just doesn't seem right. I guess to TL;DR this: Please don't let these new changes be created just so that the REGS of the AA can and will have 'full control' of the AA. The OP of that thread have mentioned that 'non-regs' have a problem with it too- yet there was no proof of this, from what I have read, it's only a problem with regs, not non-regs or casual people as the OP try to claim it as such. Because bottom line of their problem- is that 'terrible' avatars are winning (based on their definition of 'terrible') and that there is plain laziness going on from their own end. In others words- they want solutions/'stuff handed to them on a silver platter' from you guys, but refuse to do anything for themselves even when alternate solutions have been given and CAN be done. To me, that is no different then a harassment case; where the user has to block the user and then report them if it continues (or rather refuses to block them). Or when a person loses their account due to scamming despite the precautions/warnings that we have and refuses to report what happened to them but rather complain to their 'friends' and ask for handouts etc. There are many others similar problems/examples I can come up with. neutral

2) Spoiler Tags: Thanks for the spoiler tags! I REALLY appreciate them!
Seriously, thanks guys! This is awesome!

3) CAAAAAKE!:
Why must you torture me with cake!? I'm happy that the Owlpocalypse finale had cake and that there is a new REI that involves cake, but I would love it if you guys could put regular cake in the GS. emo To be specific, Buttercup Cafe. Just to let you know, I have no money/GC, so each time any item that is released on Gaia that is costing money, I don't buy it with cash anyway because I don't have it (unless I spend days/hours/weeks/months on doing offers). xd So you're pretty much missing out on me buying it, you're 'biggest' cake fan! surprised But seriously, PLEEEEEEASE add cake to the Buttercup Cafe?

Here is a thread on that: Y NO CAKE? crying (Item Request/Recolor; w/EXAMPLES) [/shamelessly self advertisement]

Hopefully any artists that are lurking will see this...or bring it up to them please. ninja And please, get it right this time- Gold Shop, not Cash Shop! emotion_donotwant (Seriously, I want to hoard GS cakes and gift them away too as B-Day gifts- so pretty please!?)

[POST 1]

Dapper Dabbler

Uesugi Ankit
lolol more Alchemy questions. 8D
trololol refreshed for like 3mins until thread got unlocked ;n;

1. Why are there only like 50-100 different formulas in Alchemist Cases and some are supposedly in DC, but no one seems to be getting them since there are rarely any in the MP? Is there any way we can know which formulas are in cases and which ones aren't?

2. A friend of mine has opened 202 Cases and hasn't gotten a single Moonstone or Sunstone formula, along with Ectoplasm and Candy Mountain and yet he has gotten a Nice Suit For Work. Why are those formulas rarer than NSFW formulas? ninja

Hi Uesugi,

I believe all of them are in there, although we can go back and double-check later on.

I don't know if they're actually rarer or not (I don't think so, but that's not for sure), or if it's just the way the odds fell. Again, I can go back and check after we're done.

Greedy Fatcat

Darc Nightgale

Maybe gettin' a certain amout of fish from fishin'.
Just a few examples.

We're working on Achievement Titles right now - titles are unlocked when achievements are completed, titles can be mixed and matched together to build a 3-word title.

We want to do some more achievements. I'd like to see how much interest titles generates and go from there. We might lean more towards end-game achievements - stuff that is very hard to complete to unlock some of the better titles. We tend to stray away from the games for achievements just because they are not as well integrated as some of our core features.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff