I was having a discussion with a moderator about the Marketplace avatar image that calls the current logged in session's avatar about why it's against the ToS to use it. But why not just set it so that if the image link for it is called anywhere but the Marketplace pages that it won't work and display an error? Because so many people use it on their profiles, and yes you can report them as you go. But just set it so that it can't used it in general.
Heya Gaia Admin! Ridley here, with a word or two in your general direction!
First off, As I said in my earlier thead in the GCD, I've got to give you guys props on the direction Gaia has been heading. With MoGa coming to the site as a stand alone game (There as a few personal things that give me issues, but that's for another time.), and many little tweeks made to the main site here and there (The MP slot increase, the gifting page change, the improved manga.)
All in all, two bunneh ears up!
Now, just a word about zOMG. I know you folks have a lot on your plate, but there are many glitches and bugs in zOMG that have been building for a while now, as well as many user concerns (Perhaps fully opening DMS, an orb exchange in/out of game to get dark orbs, as well as others.) And while there isn't going to be content changes anytime soon, if ever, little things like this could be assigned to a developer for a week or two, just to get the game back on track. I would also suggest consolidating Back Alley Bargans into the CS under a new catagory drop down for that game, and perhaps offering The three event rings? (And maybe a grant for the missing ring for each from the integrity grant...I have the good ring, but I want the bad one for funnies.)
And so, on to some questions!
1) What can you tell us that was announced at the convention over the weekend? I tried to watch buy apparently, you had the loudest gremlin in your microphones, cause all I got was static.
2) What is the possibility of a mini rig for some of the CS items that are being used up by alchemy? You know, like the low tier items being used and such for it, with rare grants of higher level ones being used, as a perminent one that is added to after each alchemy update and each ci is pulled from the CS. A 49-99 GC cost would be awesome for that. As well as a new freebie box for the free item grants that are fading...maybe in the pink link box?
3) June marks the 9th year of the Donation Item/ Monthly Collectable, and I don't want to know what the items will be, but PLEASE...will there be a Halo involved? And maybe another Halo Giveaway?
I have more, of course, but I figure three is enough for now.
With that, I do leave you guys with one little thought. You folks couldn't use a Bunneh with working experience in management, event planning, and a gift for gab, could you? Having it suggested that I work for you guys on more than one occasion, I figured I'd check to see what kind of prospects there are, and this was the best way to assure I was heard.
I heard your question during Fanime, so you managed to get through despite the gremlins smile
For zOMG, we're continuing to work on a few bugs (if I recall correctly, a couple more fixes went out recently). We're also talking about opening DMS up more often, although that's still in discussion.
For your numbered questions:
1) We largely gave behind the scenes looks at the manga creation, about the destruction of H&R Wesley, and how Moga was coming to Gaia without Facebook. We also showed a preview of a possible Events page (there's a thread in SF by Narumi for feedback), a preview of the Summer Olympics, and a few other odds and ends. A chunk of the time was also spent on our upcoming Fantasy game that will be on both Gaia and FB.
2) This is possible, but I can't guarantee anything.
3) Same thing here - I can't really talk about upcoming MCs under threat of extreme punishment.
And it's awesome you'd like to work with us. We post all our openings on our Careers page, so keep an eye there.
..<.. I may be a 1 inch tall bugman but my love is as big as the world. I don't mind if you squish me but first let me see your "sole" ^///^
Buggy here, aka. the crafter of the first angelic backwings (Micheal's Wings). While it was incredibly hard and some points unfair due to needless failures in crafting (17 fails at one level), I must give credit where it's due.
It was a fun ride nonetheless and not only have I learned a lot along the way, I do like how the wings turned out on this. Just a small suggestion? Maybe you guys can put a red colored demonic backwings into the system now? emotion_kirakira
gaia_angelleftHello to everyone!!! I hope everyone had a refreshingly enjoyable holiday!gaia_angelright
gaia_starI would just like to ask:
1. Around when can we expect the Summer Event/Olympics?
2. Will it be Barton vs. Aekea vs. Durem vs. Gambino again?
3. Can we expect more involvement from the other towns/NPCs? I feel that the event seems to be isolated to the Kuros vs. Gino/Edmund/Sen/Overseer/Louie.....
4. When can we get to play Rumble Kitties? gaia_kittenstar
5. Milk or Dark chocolate? emotion_omnomnom
So this question has been bugging me for quite some time, anyone can answer;
but where exactly do the alchemy components (nongame items, or rather, those made explicitly for alechmy) come from? is it solely through caches and stuff like that or are there other methods that i dont know about?
also, any chance we get username changes to a static gold sink instead of the current # x 10k?
I Want to point out that in Alchemy that how few Wing Quest have came out of the boxes, would it not make it a little easier to cut the amount of items it take to make a Alchemy case to about the same as the Caches which would allow more formulas to come out without flooding the MP.
I've reported this bug many times, in all the correct spots. One is dated Feb 11th of 2011. I'd really like to know that the artists are aware of it and if they can fix it. Certain items mess up the Suspicious Eyes.
For example: Dream Town's red car; both Valentines Kissing booths; Grave Danger Funeral Frame; secret retreat's mirror; Reve Rouille (diving in); Little Lucie (Empty Eyes); Many other eye mods, etc. etc.
arrowRe-petitioning for Waffles companion & I AM item (that is NOT a rare!). I'd love to see him in a gold shop. Maybe the expensive gold shop, if you must use it as a gold sink. Really, I think you should open up a pet shop with a bunch of companions for gold. Then there wouldn't be so much heart ache over the rare animals in RIGs.
arrowWondering again if you would considering putting out an announcement separate from a Dev Alert with the most common topics/questions in ATA answered, so there isn't ten of the same questions in each ATA taking up space and time.
My list I mentioned before:
Known big bugs being worked on
Features that need updating (towns 2.0, inventory arranger, old games)
New features coming up
I believe they are aware of this, but I'll remind them. I have no idea on a fix though, unfortunately.
Thanks for the suggestion! That's all I can say.
Yes - this is something I've been meaning to do personally, and the time always sneaks up on me. It's probably not too likely we'd do a full-blown announcement, but we could at least put up an FAQ at the beginning of ATA with some of the most common stuff.
Will the summer event have te rejected olympics like '08?
Will we get to keep the minigames??
any chance the users can choose their layering?
I wanted to put a serafuku neck tie over an apron, but it layers under it.
Custom layering is not likely to happen any time soon. It would require a pretty hefty undertaking on our part since it would mean rewriting the entirety of our layering system which just isn't something we have the resources to do currently. That said, there are a couple smaller ideas we're tossing around that should help make layering more consistent and reasonable across the items so stay tuned.
I was wondering, would it be possible to have an Evolving item following the Gaia manga plot? I think that would be exciting and a nice way of making the story even more interactive.
Hope you have a nice evening!
Heya Roderich Edelstein!
This is actually a really cool idea - I think an EI involving the Manga would be mighty nifty. I'll definitely pass your the idea to the proper team. While, of course, I cannot guarantee it can be made, I can certainly let people know about your suggestion!
Thanks for the interesting idea - keep them coming! biggrin
Yo, admin & devs!
I hope you guys had a nice three day weekend!
1.) Any Skin Tyte tattoo updates on their way/being made?
2.) A: Is the summer event coming sooooon?
Are we going to get to keep the mini games after it is over? emotion_kirakira
I've really been wanting to play a casual mini Gaia game for sooo long!
MoGa just doesn't interest me since I got harassed by the game on facebook
by it begging for cash from me more than a newb here asks for valuable items.
B: Will we ever see new games that are similar to existing RL games in the future?
EX. Battleship, UNO, SORRY, etc.
All these hardcore expansive games just don't interest me. confused
Simple games are fun too!
3.) Cheap pastel rainbow items. They're coming. THEY ARE. RIGHT? >;] Hint: The only right answer to the question is "YES!".
4.) Oh, can we start getting hints for the theme of CIs when the bundle comes out,
similar to how the MCs used to have hints given at the beginning of the month?
2. Matter of perspective, in terms of what still needs to get done, I feel it's soon XD ...for everyone else probably not. Still months out. As for keeping the games around, there are some that will lend themselves very well to being reusable and some that won't. For the ones that will, I very much would like to keep them around.
1) Which gold shops sink the most gold each month? Can that gold shop NPC get a plaque/award for being awesome?
2) What does the "H & R" stand for in H&R Wesley? If they are first names how are they related to Edmund?
3) What's the difference between a demigod/god and a titan in the Gaia world?
alssso oommmmggg the arennasss ommgggggg ommg
can't wait to see it!
I did a database query and it looks like Durem Depot makes the most cheddar. I'll send Moira a Thank You cake.
Since I know you guys would miss me if I didn't bring up something about alchemy at least once a week, have a question about the formulas.
The formulas like ectoplasm, red mercury, sunstone, moonstone, and candy mountain are being given out through daily chance; however, they no longer have the tags "alchemist" and "case" in the marketplace. Does this mean they have been removed form the case? Everyone that list them in the marketplace says they have gotten them form the daily chance. I know people that have opened 100+ cases and not gotten one of those formulas.
I know a lot of people have been opening cases, spending tens of millions of gold trying to get these formulas from the cases. Would be pretty bad if these formulas, ones that were in the cases at one point, are not in there any more? Hope you can clear up the confusion.
These are some very vital formulas and the supply that is given out through the daily chance just isn't high enough to meet demand out there. Can you increase the amount given out through the daily chance or put them back in the case? (Assuming that they aren't still in there, and it certainly seems like that is the case.)
I don't believe they've been removed from the Case. Our tagging system has some gremlins in there that like to remove tags randomly, so it's much more likely it's that. As for distribution, it's something we can check on as well.