Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Full_Metal_Jackie
.:Cause I don't know what it is that I can see

Got into this thread late, but anyways....
1. What's going on with the custom outfit selling? I haven't heard many details about it.
2. What would the best way to call attention to an NPC that we would like see more off?

Oh, and thanks to all you admins for making and keeping Gaia awesome.

This place is like the internet, but it's all in 3-D:.

Posting here about the NPCs you want to see is a pretty effective way of doing it. It worked for us with regards to the Easter Bunny, so go ahead and let them know who you'd like to see more of. :3

User Image

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
jellykans
carbonphyber
Pie
carbonphyber
LabTech Kestin
Honestly, I don't think he's purposely avoiding the questions. I hate to sound like a broken record, but he's busy and doesn't have enough time to read through long posts, no matter how good they are. sweatdrop And I say this as another part of the frustrated zOMG support base.

He's also trying to be diplomatic. Sometimes users ask a question they don't want to hear the answer to...

Which is, as I presumed, why he's sidestepping the question? confused
Is he sidestepping the question or has it already been answered?

Carbonphyber, those are the questions about zOMG to which he did NOT answer but responded with a blurb about Monster Galaxy!
It's what is called a tacit answer.

It has been answered in the past and there has been no change in the status quo since the last answer.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
emosk8terboy22
Catalyste
emosk8terboy22
Catalyste
Hey Lanzer, just one thing here.

Timmy.

This has turned into a horribly insulting joke. 1 pose evo doesn't count as a full evolution. I'm tired of being presented with such lazy tactics that only end up pissing people off. He may be cheap in price, but he's still a regular EI and should have full evolutions that update later gens. As of now, the last time later gen owners saw an update was May 21, 2010. That was the last full evolution. It's been ONE YEAR now. It wasn't till June 11th, that you guys starting skimping out on full evolutions and gave first gen owners mini-evos, alienating and neglecting your promised commitment towards fulfilling an El's purpose by actually evolving the item, this includes all the gens # 2 - 5. Look in the Marketplace, generations 2 - 5 have the same pose sets since a year ago with NOTHING updated since. You call this fair? Don't kid me like this.

I'm tired of having my chain yanked like this, as do other Timmy owners. There is no reason for this sort of bastardized evolving to keep taking place, especially after a full year! CoP was different, at least there were full evolutions. But the person(s) behind Timmy needs to stop with this nonsense. I don't care if their schedule is full, do your job right! Evolve Timmy like it's supposed to be evolving. As a regular EI.

Timmy is advertised as a Regular EI.

Timmy is NOT an REI, nor is it a Random EI. So stop treating it like it is!

You owe your users so much more for this blunder. Please correct this and have the artist/team stop with the mini-evo. You higher-ups are responsible for making sure these matters get corrected. Please do so.

It makes me wonder if anyone has brought this up on legal matters and tried to sue gaia or something for not giving them what was promised when they paid their hard earned cash to get those items. If they claim their going to do something with an item that you purchase, then they should be committed to keep that claim if you ask me.

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm pretty lenient when it comes to things on here, but there are even more sensitive people here who will hold Gaia to their word if they just slip up once. So I'd really like this issue to be resolved before some users here take legal action.

but sadly it wouldnt matter because there is no contract involved. They didnt sign a promise contract or anything or even set a web contract over it up that I know of. If you pay for it, then you get what they decide to do with the stuff. I dont believe they can be sued or held up on charges without a signed legal commitment as you made the purchase. Knowing them, theres probly a section in the TOS now that gets them out of stuff like this.

Not really. There's nothing in the ToS describing the terms of an evolving item, so the purchase is based on more of an honor system that it will evolve. However I feel that after a full year has passed where particular generations have yet to see an update, that the owners are well within their rights to file a complaint since this matter has been brought up multiple times and nothing has been done about it. In fact they continued on with the same practice and it's hurting consumer trust in the product.

If the BBB hasn't gotten complaints of this yet, then I'm sure they will. But still, don't be surprised if someone does file legal suit over this issue.

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
LabTech Kestin
emosk8terboy22
LabTech Kestin
emosk8terboy22
Catalyste

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm pretty lenient when it comes to things on here, but there are even more sensitive people here who will hold Gaia to their word if they just slip up once. So I'd really like this issue to be resolved before some users here take legal action.

but sadly it wouldnt matter because there is no contract involved. They didnt sign a promise contract or anything or even set a web contract over it up that I know of. If you pay for it, then you get what they decide to do with the stuff. I dont believe they can be sued or held up on charges without a signed legal commitment as you made the purchase. Knowing them, theres probly a section in the TOS now that gets them out of stuff like this.

Not to mention the fact that they never stated dates for evolution, and thus they haven't broken any promises. They've pissed a lot of people off, but none of it can be legally contested, as far as I can tell.

I thought they told us they would evolve once a month!!

*shrugs* I don't follow EI news. If you can find a place where they explicitly said something like that, then go ahead and try for the lawsuit if you want. I wouldn't advise it, though; if you win, they'll wind up strapped for funds, and strapped is simply corporatese for desperate... xp

nah not only am I not out to get gaia lol but anyone with less than a few million dollars and smart head on their shoulders would think about that first. You would have to really be angry about the subject to take it that far.
carbonphyber
jellykans
carbonphyber
Pie
carbonphyber
LabTech Kestin
Honestly, I don't think he's purposely avoiding the questions. I hate to sound like a broken record, but he's busy and doesn't have enough time to read through long posts, no matter how good they are. sweatdrop And I say this as another part of the frustrated zOMG support base.

He's also trying to be diplomatic. Sometimes users ask a question they don't want to hear the answer to...

Which is, as I presumed, why he's sidestepping the question? confused
Is he sidestepping the question or has it already been answered?

Carbonphyber, those are the questions about zOMG to which he did NOT answer but responded with a blurb about Monster Galaxy!
It's what is called a tacit answer.

But in this case, it's also a completely irrelevant answer.

You know what? I'm not going to sit here and play mind games with staff members. I'm sorry, but you guys are supposed to be the mature ones here. sweatdrop

Ty Trance's Queen

Pandys Bestie

32,025 Points
  • The Color of royalty 500
  • A demon's best friend 500
DARKNRGY
Shilshadu

~I know this seems like i'm spamming but really i do want an answer to my question. ^^;~

as to inventory updates. when (if ever) is the old inventory organizer going to be updated so that it stops freezing and going slow and such?

User Image

That's because... for me, you DID

Unfortunately, we don't have a good answer for this right now. Arranger was built on old tech by a developer who no longer works here. Making Arranger perform better would require a substantial rewrite and, as far as I know, we do not have such a project planned. We talked about it for a few minutes just now - possible rewrite in HTML5, improve the design of the back end communication, etc.

The more items you have, the worse it will perform. If you have junk items, get rid of them. If you have rarely used items you want to keep, toss them in storage. It also works better on faster computers and it also works better on PC.

They say...

User Image

User Image

~ sorry for bothering you. and thank you.~

User Image

That's because... for me, you DID

Romantic Cheerleader

Ashlizzle
LabTech Kestin
Ashlizzle
im a christian, I didn't really have an issue with the event. If I'm aloud to poke fun at scientoligy and atheism, and islam, then I think it's only fair that they get to poke fun at my belief

What Cleo is saying is that it isn't Gaia that's poking fun at those other religions. And just because many Christians aren't offended doesn't mean none are. Despite my feelings about Christianity, she does have a good point: why should it be okay to mock something just because it's not a minority and doesn't have a (recent) history of oppression? It's only about as valid as any other justification of "acceptable targets", really.

I'm not saying I'm ok with my belifs being mocked. I'm just saying that I have no issues with ppl poking a little fun, so long as you don't get pissed off if I poke fun at yours

I live in the Bible belt, am a Christian, been in Church and a Christian family since I was born but that calendar wasn't about Christianity - it was about some whacko who "decided to get publicity" and set a stupid date.

It says in the Bible, that only God the Father knows when the end will be - not even the Son - so it is pretty clear in the Bible that no one other then God the Father knows. Not even the Aztec calendar talking about 2012.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
We still plan on releasing this, but the change to flash spaces is first on the list. Custom outfits will probably be out Junulyish.

Full_Metal_Jackie
1. What's going on with the custom outfit selling? I haven't heard many details about it.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Okay... blounte time... Listen, we all know zOMG is pretty much dying considering everything HQ hasn't done, so why not treat us all like the adults we are, tell us the truth, and in turn be adults by accepting the negative criticism that your policies deserve?

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
CleoSombra
Ashlizzle
Lanzer
I'm sorry you feel this way about the event. We played with a pun and in no way made fun of those who are believer of the event. We just wanted to find another reason for giving away free items and acted quickly as a small idea, didn't think as far as how it might be perceived through different perspectives.

CleoSombra
~~~
im a christian, I didn't really have an issue with the event. If I'm aloud to poke fun at scientoligy and atheism, and islam, then I think it's only fair that they get to poke fun at my belief

But the thing is, you're not allowed to make fun of any of that stuff. If you went to the Morality/Religion forum and made a thread essentially mocking peoples' beliefs "HURR DE HURR HERR IMA NOT EAT TO SHOW MAH LOVE FOR ALLAH BC THAT MAKES SENSE!" . . . your thread would be removed for trolling.

Gaia doesn't make any "pun" forums for any other religious events. There's no "Zombie Jesus" hot topic during Easter or "Way to be greedy with the water in that bread" forum during Passover (a 'joke' about Jewish greediness and matzah)
the item wasn't called Raptor Jesus. It's just a copy of a meme of a very tame joke.

For my own question - Lanzer, any possible timetable as to when Arena 3.0 is out?
Brandon Baker
Hey Lanzer!
I just have a couple quick/brief questions to clear some things up.

Are we going to have a Prom again?

and Will we ever have a bank where we can store our gold?

~Personally, I enjoyed the prom we had. It was fun, and I enjoyed seeing the different prom rooms.
And as for the bank, I would find this much easier for questing. But I do understand that the interest aspect of it wouldn't be too great for our economy, seeing as the rich would continue getting richer, and things would inflate. So maybe a bank with no interest?

No prom this year, sorry. We've been focused on summer event after Easter.

No plans for banks mainly because we can't really give interest like real banks do, as gold in Gaia is granted for engagement and activity. Though we're looking at better ways to secure accounts.
Whether it'll take shape of a bank is not certain at this point.

It's time for me to go. Thank you for joining us for this week's ATA. See you all next week, and look forward to the new chat feature!

Fashionable Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hi Lanzer and team

I'd like to note I want a straight up answer to this, no being diplomatic I'm an adult and can take a straight answer, like most people can at this point in the game.

zOMG is absolutely being thrown down the tubes for the new and hip, I get it. The questions that have been asked have been legitimate and appropriate considering the release of MoGa, and they are being completely side-stepped, which I find unfair, and so do the people asking them. xD I know it's a busy night in here with questions, I get it, but I think people just want a straight up answer so we aren't getting pushed aside again here.

1) What plans are in progress for zOMG?
2) Will the dev's be put back in order to get JK a bit of a stress-reliever rather than having to take on zOMG by himself?

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
ninjiss
this may sound stupid but how do you get on the featured page.

Do you mean the featured avatar on the Logged In Home Page? We have a topic in the GCD that collects nominations.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff