Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Welcome to this week's ATA thread! We're hard at work on the upcoming summer event, and Moga for Gaia is almost ready.

We've just pushed out a patch that fixes the orb count bug and the training area bug in zOMG, and we'll continue squashing other important bugs in the game. Thank you for your patience.

Let's get started!
Curious why the Dernier*Cri items that are needed for the backwing quest in alchemy haven't been put back in Dernier*Cri shop yet? I can't imagine it would take much time at all to do that, and I don' think it should be store items, items that haven't been buy-able from the very shop they come form for a long time, should end up being the last thing you need to finish an alchemy quest because they are next to impossible to find.

Another thing, thanks a bunch for adding 10 extra slots to the store, really comes in handy! biggrin Also, how about an achievement for having 1 billion in sales or even reaching the max sales limit of 4,294,967,295g ninja
1: Out of all the NPC's on Gaia, who's your favorite?

2: Can we see more of Saiph and Hatsya again, sometime soon?

3: Dark Reflection sequel. When are we getting one?

4: If CrosStitch's new shop was supposed to be for users to have more item design contests, then why don't you guys keep whatever item updates that come from the contests as strictly “contest item updates”, and release the items during whatever time you manage to make the winning entries into items, alongside the usual monthly gold shop update to the other shops? I don't think it's far that you're passing a contest item update off as an official gold shop update for a certain month, if the items from Crosstitch are “contest winning items”. We're getting jipped enough on the gold shop updates as it is, so please keep CrosStitch contest item updates completely separate from the gold store updates, and just release both the contest update and a normal gold shop update in the course of the same month, when the CrosStitch winners are decided, from here on out.

5: If Meili's part tiger, does this mean he's got nine lives, so he's not really dead? Would he have to start fresh and be reborn/ reincarnated as a baby and go through the cycle of growing up again, if he used one of his nine lives? Or would he simply revive from the state that Zhivago left him in?

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
*jumps in like this place is made of chocolate*

mmmmmm...... er uh.. anyway. hi everyone!!!!!!! biggrin

btw thanks staff for fixing things. and also, if brony king was a pony, what would he look like? then again, why am i imagining that would be an awesomely epic contest to do? sweatdrop also, when will we have more staff sdplus dolls? if i had a swarf doll, my avi would be 20% more cooler. cool also, a complete zomg team set would be pretty sweet.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Evening, staff.

First off, thanks for the fixes to the orb counter and training area. But there's another glitch that I think you should be aware of. When players accept the DMS quest from Alastor to kill Kamila, they aren't able to fight her. Just wanted to give you a heads up just in case you didn't already know about it.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)
Good evening, everyone.
I hope that you all are doing well and that all of the moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Tonight I would like to bring up a topic that I originally brought up exactly 6 weeks ago.
Here is the original post with a response by Lanzer.

Is there any chance at all for the Bootygrab captcha frequency getting reduced any time soon?
I'm not a coder / programmer but I can't imagine changing that number from 4 to something like 8 would take too much time, would it?
(I suggested 8 because at least that would cut the irritation w/ the captcha in half.)

As for including Aquariums in events, I understand that because of the nature of the game it would be difficult and rather time consuming to come up with new ideas but would recycling old effects be too much hassle? (such as the old phonograph at Halloween time or falling snow during the Christmas season?) I'm not 100% positive on this but I think it's been about 2 years since we were granted the ability to enjoy those effects.

Should the time come when aquariums can receive some positve attention, here are

A few ideas for new effects and events:
How about falling leaves for Autumn?
Clovers for St Patrick's day?
How about different songs or sound effects (especially during holiday times) ?
April 2009, Aquarium Easter Egg Fish were introduced during the Easter holiday for a limited time and in December 2009, we enjoyed the Aquarium Reindeer also for a limited time. How about pumpkin fish for Halloween (they could drop pumpkin seeds for something?), turkey fish for Thanksgiving (they could drop feathers or giblets for something? haha) or (and this might be too late for this year but...) since we refer to fish in a group as a "school of fish", fish with graduation caps on for graduation / prom time? (an example might be what you see in my signature although I am sure the artists here could do a MUCH better job!). Perhaps they could drop diplomas for an alchemy ingrediant or a zomg recipe?

My Replies:
response to DARKNRGY

response to Narumi Misuhara

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Current profile template has a glitch. When a user removes all the elements from the page, and there's a custom or media element that gets removed as well, it removes the ID from the database, this removes the ID from the element. However, there's a script that places all the elements back on the profile. Which causes the user to not be able to remove the element, because there's no DB ID, without CSS (or in hopes it fixes itself). Can we expect a fix for this? This happens very often.
Also can you explain why it's set that an element that is set to "display: none" is removed (when the profile is saved) like when the remove button is clicked.

Friendly Genius

Why does gaiaonline doesn't take responsibility for a ban when their at fault?

I got banned for 'hacking' but it was all my gold I earned by doing "Earn GaiaCash" offers.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Is there any chance we could get black and blue stockings?

Fashionable Vampire

Hey Lanzer and company. Hope you guys are doing well.

Gaia Madness was fun and all, but I'd love to see you guys have a "Soul Calibur" and/or "Smash Bros" tournament one day. See who's the best at it.

Also, what can we expect for this year's summer event? Will it be another gold sink again with Alchemy on the side? Or will this be something new altogether?

Plus, has Louie been cast aside for more Gino-centric plot now? We last saw him in last year's Halloween event, but ever since then, he's been sparse on the radar.

Thank you for your time.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Lurkity lurk.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Hey, guys. How've you been doing?

Nothing too dire at the moment, but I was wondering if the Pandemin Medic's helm/mask layering could be fixed for head items? I checked and it appears to happen to most, if not all head items layer completely behind it. This includes hats.

Here's a few examples. Even part of the plasma gear should be shown over the helm on one side.
User Image User Image

I made a thread to report it a few days ago. I understand that the avatar system's layering can be finicky. I just wanted to point out the mistake as soon as possible as the item was from this month's CI.
We'll be putting everything back into the store ASAP. Thank you for bringing it up!

Constipated Trillionaire
Curious why the Dernier*Cri items that are needed for the backwing quest in alchemy haven't been put back in Dernier*Cri shop yet? I can't imagine it would take much time at all to do that, and I don' think it should be store items, items that haven't been buy-able from the very shop they come form for a long time, should end up being the last thing you need to finish an alchemy quest because they are next to impossible to find.

Another thing, thanks a bunch for adding 10 extra slots to the store, really comes in handy! biggrin Also, how about an achievement for having 1 billion in sales or even reaching the max sales limit of 4,294,967,295g ninja

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Panagrammic
Lurkity lurk.

creeper. *pokes you* xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff