Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

I'm glad we made it in time to release the gold shop update before April. A big thank you to the art team for pulling it through. Hope many have enjoyed the Tiles update as well. We have a few more feature updates lined up so keep an eye out on future announcements next week.

Watched Sucker Punch last week... argh. Wanted the movie to be good, but oh boy the movie definitely did not deliver. I suppose many were also looking forward to the movie?

Malevolent Creature

I have just two questions for you, Lanzer. <3

1. Can you please inform your users about the Case of Pietro? Even if its going to end soon (i hope) your users deserve to know why its almost two years old. I'd appreciate a site wide announcement, anything really.
I have a petition for this, actually.

2. is it possible to extend ATA? Or make it twice a week, or add in some more people qualified to answer questions?
I made a thread about it, and I got some positive feed back.

*edit*
I wanted to see the movie... then I realized the main character looked WAY too much like a whore.
I couldn't get over it. D:
Her hair and make up didn't help, I couldn't stop thinking of cheap whores through the commercial and it ruined it for me...

I don't mind those types of looking girls.
but it was just the irritating looking kind of whore.
... get what I mean? xd

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Hello, everyone. Lurking and will snipe the odd question or two.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)
Will we be seeing the zOMG-Site integration this April?
And if so, any plans when?

We also hope that swarf can get back to working on zOMG,

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Will we ever see the Easter Bunny again? D:

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
- I would like the "Trade" bubble back. Whenever I get a trade, the notice bubble takes me straight to the My Gaia page. Then, when I click accept, it either takes me straight to the bank or it opens a new window on my browser that leads me to the bank. I find this annoying.

- I'd like to see more uses for flowers, inks and trash. Not everybody wants to make bouquets, paper hats and tattoos. More options would be nice.

- Here's something that somebody posted in Site Feedback that matches how I feel about Gaia right now.

Quote:
Gaia HAS neglected many of their features. Towns, games, guilds just to name a few. I had a more in depth thread about this awhile back. Miss Dark is actually not entirely incorrect in her analysis of Gaia.

When you run a business, ANY business, it is extremely important to maintain those parts. It doesn't matter if it is a factory or an advertising agency, all successful businesses do update themselves usually every six months (when it is websites it is usually every 3 months because of the speed at which technology advances). Maintenance does not mean they are adding new features. It means they test old features for functionality, ease of access, and stability. (Something Gaia has habitually neglected). Bugs need to be fixed as soon as they are reported, not thrown on an accumulating pile of glitches that will not be addressed for 6 months or longer. Regular maintanence makes it easier for companies to add features and diversify because it means they are not fighting for resources. Yes, lack of maintanence leads to cost and loss that can and will cut into profit margins both directly and indirectly.

Gaia would not have needed spring cleaning if they had been maintaining features all along. They would be able to push out new features much more easily if they maintained old features all along. They may have even avoided some of the fiscal pressure they have been feeling if they had obeyed one of the prime rules of running a business, Maintanence!

That said, Spring Cleaning was a step in the right direction but it has major draw backs. It should not be an annual event or a singular event. It needs to be a quarterly event. While every company wants to keep things fresh by releasing new content, they first need to address what they have. Gaia is now trying to do that, though they could stand to try a bit harder. A for instance being, instead of trying to revamp the forum style that no one had issues with, focus on revamping the guilds lay out to make it more functional for the users there.

I like Gaia. While I don't really post much in the forums I do lurk there. The users are highly entertaining. Every now and again I come across someone who I do engage in conversation with and they give me mental exercise outside of what I get through my profession and educational advancements. I enjoy the games when they are functional. I also like dressing up my little paperdoll as creatively as I can. I find the artists do listen when we ask for items though turn out tends to be a little slow sometimes. All in all I can say I am satisfied with most of my Gaia experience but that there is certainly PLENTY of things Gaia can be doing to help itself better on the business end.

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
What plans do you guys have for the Easter Bunny in the future, if any?

And what can we expect from the Easter event this year?

Romantic Genius

Hi Lanzer and everyone.

Just a few things, I'd like to bring up.

1..With the Gaia cash purchasing, is there any way to bring back the quantity button? Because, if we want to buy more than the amount listed, we've got to do two transactions.

Also after our purchase we don't get a 'statement of purchase' via pm, like we once used to. Is not going to happen at all? sweatdrop

2...Not sure if anyone else has asked this question, so sorry, if it's already been asked a million times, but can we have the labeling back in trades, so we can monitor our trades. It's just double handling without it. gonk

3...Any progress on the inventory glitch? As we can't change avi, or click anything in it. sweatdrop

Thanks
~Orphie... heart

Familiar Businessman

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hey Lanzer, Admins, and Devs, who are watching.

I heard Sucker Punch was actually crap, over the radio. So, I decided not to see it. Not that I've been to the cinemas in like 3 years. sweatdrop

I'm really not-liking this gold-shop update. I would say about 20% of Gaia want to be elves.

I would really like a Towns, House update. Even furniture would be cool. Two cool, great petitions. Both of which aren't mine; BIGGER Gaia HOMES and a GARDEN and New House Items.

And anything planned for Easter? Or Prom? I believe Proms are soon.

Thanks!

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
1. No, we should send you a PM, will add that to the list.
2. Yeah, we're going to add labeling back into trades -- it's in QA.
3. Carbonphyber is having a heck of a time reproducing the problem. If anyone can post in "Reporting Bugs" with a reproducible case, it would help us quite a bit.

Princess-Orphelia
Hi Lanzer and everyone.

Just a few things, I'd like to bring up.

1..With the Gaia cash purchasing, is there any way to bring back the quantity button? Because, if we want to buy more than the amount listed, we've got to do two transactions.

Also after our purchase we don't get a 'statement of purchase' via pm, like we once used to. Is not going to happen at all? sweatdrop

2...Not sure if anyone else has asked this question, so sorry, if it's already been asked a million times, but can we have the labeling back in trades, so we can monitor our trades. It's just double handling without it. gonk

3...Any progress on the inventory glitch? As we can't change avi, or click anything in it. sweatdrop

Thanks
~Orphie... heart

IRL Conventioneer

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Hi everyone!

Had a blast last week at C2E2 with you all!

I'll be around answering questions so feel free to drop them here and there!

O.G. Gaian

9,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I watched Sucker Punch as well. I understood all the metaphors (pretty depressing in an unsatisfying way) but I wish it was written better. :/

Familiar Businessman

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Platonix
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)
I am pretty sure I seen this last-week too. What are you doing, if you don't mind me asking?

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
1. Do the people working on Gaia's storyline have any plans of going deeper into the Easter Bunny's past?

2. Where did the Easter Bunny get his bio-mechanical parts?

3. Does the Easter Bunny self-maintain his robotic parts or does he have a team of lab technicians help?

4. Are we EVER going to hear from the Easter Bunny again?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff