Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

fly high - icarus
reposting.
emotion_kirakira

fly high - icarus
*would you consider re-releasing the grunny/zombie-thingie skins we had a chance of getting ages ago for a halloween event (if i'm not mistaken)?

i know a whole lot of us would LOVE that, as those weren't equippable and we eventually lost them one by one.
the zombie skin we got with an easter egg last year comes with terrible mouth/eyes that can't be replaced with any mod, so..

Oh please yes~

I miss my grombie stage 3 skin.
Hackers took my account and drank the vial.
Still never got that account back though...

Aged Gaian

biglanky14
Little Miss Etta
I had a serious question but I think it is bad that I cannot remember what it was upon hitting the reply button ...

So might as well do something to amuse myself.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Also,

What is the meaning of life?
Correction, the answer is purple.

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
rinlee
Shinju_hashimfo
rinlee
Shinju_hashimfo
Sinsario
How about a silly question...
Who is ready for the royalest of weddings?

User Image

I thought Rarity was supposed to marry the prince? gonk

Nope, that was Prince Blueblood, the haughty nephew of Celestia.

This is Princess Cadence and Shining Armor, Twilight's brother.
ROYAL WEDDING. AW YEAH.
OMGOMG!! What is the website with these episodes on them?

Ehh, I use Equestria Daily for all things pony. When the episode is up, someone provides a stream and a youtube link and Saturday mornings become very happy.

o: I'll have to start using that. The funny thing is, I never thought I'd become a brony. sweatdrop

Rainbow Gawker

biglanky14
A Kiss In Paradise
when i pm the admin that gives you the marketplace mail will she ever reply back?
is there a way to return a bought item?

Hi Kiss,

If you bought the item from a store, you can use the sellback feature if you'd like.

sorry i wasn't specific in my question sweatdrop is there a way to return a bought item in cash shop.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
We don't turn away sponsors (unless they are clearly not a fit for our community). If you have any leads we would love to hear them. Most international sponsors, though, prefer to target sites that have more of a presence in their country of origin.

Treacherous Hat
I wasn't going to bother posting but since this AtA is going on for ever..

Have you ever considered sponsors from outside the US? I honestly had no idea what Adventure Time was before now and I'd like a chance to confuse everyone else for a change. twisted
Thank you for joining us on this week's ATA! We've seen a lot of new faces today and I'm happy to welcome you to our group chat. Hope to see you all next Monday. Have a great week!
Sonic Offline
When are we going to see updates to the parser? It's awfully old and rugged, and half broken.
THIS

Dapper Dabbler

Constipated Trillionaire
Android Amber
Constipated Trillionaire
biglanky14
Constipated Trillionaire
So ComtesseNicoleDeLancret, worlds suckiest vendor, and I have finally made it to the last level of the Demonic Quest. Can't say we're surprised, but was the your goal to never have anyone complete the quest? If so you've done a pretty good job! Every level combined up until the last formula takes 800 components roughly, and the last level itself takes roughly 1700 components to finish.

Since last I heard you guys we're having to crunch a lot of data I figured I would help you out a little!

Here is a list of all the components needed to finish the demonic quest and the amount of each component needed:

Bloodgrass 52
Chicken Fletchings 15
Anycolor Dyes 5
Demon's Sweat 1
Sacred key 1
Salt 80
Sea Water 100
Giant Squid Ink 4
Sulfur 39
Mandrake Root 6
Nightshade 6
Succubus Blood 22
Succubus Bone 6
Adamantium 13
Hippogriff Talon 4
Troll Snot 1
Growth Formula 5
Basilisks Teeth 5
Moonbeam 51
Wizard Leaf 2
Dust of Time 17
Severed Soul 22
Bahamut's Bone 2
Amphithere's Feather 3
Witch hazel 10
Wolf Pelt 10
Dhampir Blood 24
Troll's Wart 7
Smooth Whetstone 160
Scissors 2
Alligator's Skin 35
Alligator's Teeth 14
Bat Fat 35
Bigfoot Foot 7
Golem's Scalp 7
Lace Fungus 24
Monkey's Paw 7
Lotus Petal 7
Raven's Beak 7
Empty Bottle 16
Fish Oil 120
Zombie Goo 21
Mysterious Mold 20
Cyclops Eye 1
Fairy Toenail Clippings 5
Golem's Toe 1
Monstrous Tooth 2
Griffin talon 3
Raven's Feet 15
Gravite 6
Maggot Butter 55
Haunted Objects 55
Silver Token 10
Rusty tacks 35
Mineral Water 95
Mirror Shards 35
Halogen Cloud 14
Hellium Bubble 14
Lava Jelly 7
Beeswax Loaf 70
Cinderblock 35
Go Berry 14
Zurg Skin 7
Steel Plate 70
Gold Foil 14
Monotite 35
Cosmic Cell 7
Aconite Root 5
Hemlock 25
SS Venom 8
Calcium Scraps 45
Dried Seahorse 15
Geoduck's Shell 15
Mermaid Scales 6
Wriggling Tentacles 45
Unidentified Object 3
Obsidian 20
Onyx 20
Tiger's Eye 55
Topaz 55
Ruby 20
Alphyn's Tongue 13
Bakunawa's Red Tongue 13
Basilisks Tongue 10
Leviathan's Fin 6
Leviathan's Scale 6
Alphyn's Scale 3
Bakunawa's Whisker 3
Sunbeam 25
Copper Token 6
Slothbeetle's Carapace 60
Licorice 120
Unicorn Tear 13
Sugar Crystals 30
Wisp Of Cloud 12
Snow Jelly 6
Golden Apple Seed 6
Fire Salt 6
Cinnamon 60
Platinum Peach Pit 12
Fiery Curse 12
Noble Spirit 2
Amber 20
Aquamarine 4
Peridot 4
Sapphire 4
Quartz 4
Jade 2
Diamond 2
Crushed Gemstones 9
Phoenix's Tear 3
Cherub Feather 19
Dryad's Tears 3
Bag Of Petals 20
Elf Locks 2
Showgirl Scales 10
Golden Webbing 2
Siren's Larynx 1
Glass Marbles 20
Bindweed 10
Geode 5
Amphithere's Scale 1
Dragon Guts 1

Now you'll notice that I've highlighted a few select components that you need an insane amount of to complete the quest. Perhaps you can tell me why these components are some of the hardest components to pull from a cache? Is it you intention to make some of the most needed components some of the hardest to get? That just seems plain stupid, I can understand making something like the elf locks hard to get, you only need need 2 and most all the other formulas out there require a couple at most, not something like 10. Myself and others have crafted 1000s of caches in search of just a few impossible to pull components. My team and I can go through 200+ caches without pulling just 1 sea water or 1 smooth whetstone. (This is just for demonic, I'm sure you guys can do the same for the other quest and then you'll be able to see what other components need to be given higher priority in the caches)

You actually moved in the right direction when you made the caches easier to craft, I have no problem making 25+ a day(besides having to buy those lousy pancakes, please make it so you can buy in bulk). But when 75% of the stuff I get out of them is more or less useless it really doesn't help. You keep saying you don't want to flood the market when in reality you already have. You've forced people to craft tons of caches in search of just a few things. I have hundreds of components that I have no use for and it does me no good to sell them because I can't use gold to buy what I can't find. If me and a few other people actually sold all that we have instead of just wanting to trade for stuff we do need the market would be flooded!

Additionally, it doesn't really take a lot of foresight to figure that these backwing quest are going to be the most popular items in alchemy. So you just might want to have the caches give out components so that things you need 100 of are a little easier to get compared to stuff like rough cloth, grass jelly, green goo, and so on. Not to mention just one person trying to finish just one quest makes it next to impossible for anyone else to try and finish one with the horribly low supply of components.

I'm not asking for you to make the quest super easy, I understand you want them to be hard. I'll let others address that issue. However, there is a difference between difficult and impossible. At this rate that we pull the most needed components we will have to open over 10,000 caches to just be able to possibly finish the last level, if you go buy the prices of caches in marketplace that's just 1,700,000,000g. You can't tell me that was your original intention?

In summary, there is a major problem with the supply of components. There are too many components given out that are needed in next to nothing and not in demand(rough cloth) while components that are in high demand and needed in large numbers(sea water) are incredibly hard to get from a cache. You could change the way caches give out components, or make it so heavily needed components can be gotten through an alternate and easier way.

Please don't even bother replying to this post if you're just going to give it a canned response like "we're still collecting data" or "we don't want to flood the market". There are some major issues with alchemy right now, issues that are incredibly clear to those that are heavily involved in alchemy. Perhaps you need to spend some time in alchemy from the users point of view!

Thanks - we're trying. That's all I can really say for now.

rofl Seriously? It doesn't show. Sorry if I appear rude or skeptical, but this is something we have literally spent 100s of million of gold, not to mention countless hours on. And so far the steps you've taken have moved things in the wrong direction.

I'm sure there are some quick fixes you can do until the mentioned changes are implemented? put caches back in the daily chance, change the odds of certain items in the cache!

Look at these items:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/1000771

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/1000759

They are needed in the hundreds, not just by me but others as well. Not one person will mind if you increase the supply of items like that.

You have had plenty of time, we're not asking for a major rework of the system just some more of some much needed items.
Wow...just...wow. I'm glad I held off on Alchemy. >< I sincerely wish you luck, sir. That all sounds like QUITE the mess. Congrats on all that you've accomplished so far though!

Thank you!

Hi CT,

I'm sure you saw this already, but we are working on making some changes that will let you guys have some choice in what you get from the cache. And they are still in DC right now, although I don't know the drop rate off the top of my head.

Thanks for your patience with all of this, and for the feedback. I don't mind the direct stuff at all.

Dapper Dabbler

The Undead Suitor
biglanky14

3) We're almost as obsessed as those as we are with Diedrich.

why do you like diedrich

LET ME KNOW THE SECRET

THAT MAKES HIM FUNNY

SOMEHOW

is it pot?

I can get pot

if that makes him funny

Whatever works, I suppose!

Dapper Dabbler

oMonstah
oMonstah
I just have one question. c:
Seeing as you've just done an Adventure Time themed RIG, why not do something like Pokemon?
There are plenty of people who would thoroughly enjoy Pokemon items here, myself included. It would be super great. heart

I was really hoping to have this answered, but if not oh well <3
I'm super excited that we're doing the zOMG easter event again though!

Hi,

We actually had an official partnership with AT for that, so if we did one for Pokemon, we'd have to have the same thing in place.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Hahaha. Okay, yah, that's annoying. Put in a patch for this.

Violently Blissful
Can we fix this too?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kloob
[OMG, especially in towns!
I HATE THIS BUG!

Dapper Dabbler

Violently Blissful
Sorry for the question shooting, but...
IS there going to be more spring cleaning proposals that are gonna be done?

IS alchemy ever going to be leveled out more equally, so that the not-so-rich users have a chance too?

IS there ever going to be zOMG bug fixes?

WHY is Buccaneer Boardwalk never going to be made?

And WHEN THE HECK is there going to be better chance items? So many people have complained about it. I mean, having 20 arrow fish, and NOTHING to do with them... Kinda sucks. (Wish I could throw them into alchemy. I prefer TinierMe's alchemy system more!)

Well, I think that gets most of the frustration I've been having with Gaia recently. sweatdrop

1) Some of the ideas are on our list of projects.

2) We're working on making it easier/more fun/etc.

3) Yes - in fact those are in flight.

4) We're not going to do any major development on zOMG, although we will keep the game available and will fix bugs/add small stuff when we can.

5) DC does have good items in there but they're not common.

Dapper Dabbler

Hi everyone,

Thanks for showing up to this week's ATA! I apologize that we didn't get to some of the questions - this was a busy event, and we simply ran out of time. But hopefully we'll see you here again next week!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff