Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Regular

12,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Megathread 100
maydayp_p
I'd like to make 2 suggestions, one for daily chance and dumpster dive.
first- for clothing items, either rotate the color that's in daily chance, or have the item be random, then randomly pick a color, or just plain and simply rotate the starter/cheap items that are in the daily chance.

and, for all items not sold in stores, could there be a automatic price, depending on the item type. It would make things more interesting, while decreasing the number of crafting items available. maybe eventually, it will cause crafted zomg items to be worth what it costs to make them
I'll take that as you guys dont plan on making one, though I'll be sure to look for these user-made list you speak of. If you know of any a link would be nice but not necessary.

I personally don't run into that many bugs in zOMG, theres the lag problem which is worse in some servers more than others and the orb glitch but thats just a visual glitches really. I personally enjoy myself rather well. It's nice to know that it's being fixed and worked on though.

Another question:

Do you guys plan on coming to Ohio anytime soon, I remember you guys being here once in Cincinnati, Ohio for a convention thing but I couldn't get a ride. Maybe if you guys do come you'll come to Columbus, Ohio next time please? emotion_dowant
Panagrammic
We don' t provide one, but I know that there are some user-generated lists that say which items were done by which artists.

For now, the priority is on fixing the bugs in zOMG that are preventing people from enjoying the game.

Devit
I'm sure I could come up with a few questions, I'm usually bursting with them but I'm moving a bit slower than usual today. Was at school till 6pm because of rehearsals and helping tech crew with lighting and then also the set. Kinda tired.

Anyway to start off:

1. I've always been curious, is there a list of all items on gaia with the artists' name that made it. I'm rather sure there isn't one public but maybe there is one like secretly to keep track of all the items. If so another question would be: Would you guys ever consider making it public. I'd love to know who to thank for certain items and such that I just love over just screaming that I love an item to anyone who like reads my status. I'm aware some artist could keep their own list like in a journal or something but I've yet to meet one who does.

2. Will anymore rings be added to zOMG ever?

I had an idea for like a reversed "bandage" ring. It like takes health to restore stamina like how bandage takes stamina to heal. It'd also make an amazing suicide ring for people who need to return to null.

5,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ScootNFroody
User Image
                  xxxxxxxxx I'M A FORCE-A NATURE!
                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxx Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha'
                  xxxxxxxI hurt people!
                  If you were from where I was from, you'd be f***in' dead! xx

Hey, Gaia! What's your relationship like with Valve?
                  As you can see, I'm a pretty big fan of Team Fortress 2.
                  I would love to see more Valve game items here on Gaia.
                  Is that at all possible some day, or will Valve not grant Gaia permission?

User Image

Second'd

Aged Gaian

ScootNFroody
Kloob
ScootNFroody
Kloob
ScootNFroody
Kloob
Ah, I hate firefox. I'm just gonna go download ABP and try to figure this out myself. XD

Heh. Okay.
That works too. B]
Okay, select the other tab "Custom Filters."

Can you send me a PM with a nice step-by-step instruction of what I should do? :3
I have to figure out how to work it first for myself. But you can always uninstall Adblock then download Greasemonkey and then download this script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/100808 to remove all ads from Gaia.

Oh! Well good luck with your sleuthing.
I'll bookmark that script.
For now, I don't really care.
I'm not into Adventure Time anyway. ;P
Neither am I, thats why I have mine adblocked. ;D

But I only use the Google Chrome version, so it's different.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Biglanky14 replied elsewhere (which message I cannot find at the moment, but it's in this ATA) that they are taking a look at it and plan to announce what is going on with Spring Cleaning.

dizziedobsession
Repeating one of two questions I asked a few pages back...

what the heck's going on with spring cleaning!?

Aged Gaian

Dawn Marshall
Kloob
Dawn Marshall
Kloob
Dawn Marshall

That's what they said about the sims and they made it happen.
Sims is a lot different than zOMG. On sims, it's characters you create with the already pre-made characters. zOMG has hundreds and thousands of real players. It's probably impossible to do.

key word probably. if you cut back? maybe only have three major areas which would be Bass'ken lake, Zen Gardens and Village Greens. And if you're able to link up the accounts it should be hard. But that is just my opinion. >.>
They probably would not do that, and even if they could, it probably wouldn't be high on their priority list.

If they were to do something like that, they would probably make a mini game. They would put you in the arenas and you could only play that.

That's my opinion...

Well, you can't access it from ipod's, cause i have tried. And i really love the game, especially since it keeps me from boring my self to death. That is why i think it'd be a good game to go. its like draw something on here its Draw my thing by the same people just different, its able to connect to the ipods all around to play. An arena would be cool. It'd be a fighting game that would be better then Temple Run and Draw Something. And what SHOULD be on you admin's Priority list is the wants and needs of the website and of the gaians who are the ones playing. You can't get anything done without trying.
Yes I know you can't do that...

Plus, Apple's products doesn't support Gaia's flash. At least, I just read something like that...

Invisible Explorer

Panagrammic
There are a bunch of people in the Gaia team trying to evaluate this -- I know they've been looking at data and talking to users and reading the site feedback threads. I think they aren't ready to say right now what is expected, but it is definitely in the forefront of peoples' minds here.

SRothH
Hey there everyone!

I wanted to ask a few questions in regards to Alchemy so I can have a more realistic set of expectations to work with if I choose to progress with it further than I am currently doing so.

What I would love to know is what does the Gaia team itself think is 'SENSIBLE' and 'EXPECTED' and 'REASONABLE' in terms of all the issues expressed in all these various Alchemy-related feedback threads in the SF forum.

Please and thank you!

Thanks so much for the response! 3nodding

Will there be a chance for discussion between the team and the userbase when any further decisions are made in regards to this do you think?

Or rather, will be be notified when more solid evaluations are made and conclusions drawn and will we be able to respond to it?

Thanks again! whee

Dangerous Gaian

8,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
biglanky14
ComtesseNicoleDeLancret
Keiko-Rin

I agree with you ma'am my husband and i are currently working on back wings and we have spent probably over 500 mil easily to get where we are... And it will probably be another 500 mil to finish the last level of the quest...

Thanks for the info - although hopefully you're not upset that you were called "world's worst vender" earlier on smile

That would be my brother in law rofl Im not blunt or RUDE as him dramallama

EDIT: Where was i called that? o.0 lol

Gaius Becker's Queen

Godly Cultist

GlN0
Do you think.....that my dad... might ever come back? I miss him.

.:The Sentinel has deemed you worthy of her words, mortal...

I doubt it. I bet by now he's been sucked into one of my Death Portals. e ue

"I think I'd still rather devour this world in flames while legions
of demons poke at the few remaining survivors with tridents.
That sounds more my speed."
:.

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
Sinsario
Shinju_hashimfo
Sinsario
How about a silly question...
Who is ready for the royalest of weddings?

User Image

I thought Rarity was supposed to marry the prince? gonk

No... thinking of Prince Blueblood?
This is Shining armor apparently
Twilight's brother

Wha wha wha?!?! //so looking forward to watching this!
She has a brother?!?! And he's royal?! Does that make Twilight royal too? O.O

Rainbow Lover

biglanky14
Existential Existence
A lot of people have frustrations with the <3/</3 thread rating system. It's an effective system in SF because <3/</3 has an accepted premise of meaning "i (dis)like this idea", but everywhere else the rating system becomes ambiguous. Also a lot of people tend to perceive </3's/dislikes as social feedback rather than feedback about the threads people make themselves.

Over the past months complaints about the </3 system, or people wanting an option to disable </3 in their threads, have been constant:

2.9 days ago
7.1 days ago
2.3 weeks ago
2.7 months ago
2.8 months ago
3.7 months ago
4.7 months ago
7.3 months ago
10.9 months ago
15.3 months ago
16.5 months ago
16.9 months ago

I found these threads via using the search word "dislike" for thread titles...there are probably more out there.

The thing about the </3 system is that in SF it is particulary useful, so every time someone makes a thread about wanting </3 optional, of course the idea is going to get downvoted to hell, which I think gives passing staff the impression that people don't want it optional. But that's SF. That's not the rest of Gaia. The only time ya'll ever looked for feedback on the </3 system is when you guys made that one thread asking for input before the rating system was pushed out...additionally, that feedback thread was, of course, placed in SF...where a <3/</3 system is useful.

But other forums areas on Gaia have held complaints about how other users are abusing the </3 system as a way to harass others. A lot of times, </3 is used as a way to vent against topic creators if people do not like the topic creator as a person...not because they dislike the topic itself. This has created a rather negative experience for people who make/create topics around Gaia.

QUESTION: Is there any way to get devs/staff to re-evaluate this rating system, taking into consideration feedback from other forums, not just Site Feedback
(where in SF, </3 is particularly useful and even justified to have...everywhere else it is used rather crappily)?

The biggest suggestion going on out there is to make it an optional feature, where thread creators can opt in/opt out of allowing a thread rating to apply to their thread.

You guys may not know it but a sizable number your users are hypersensitive to social feedback/indicators social judgment. The </3 button is a real big issue when it comes to contributing to real anxiety for making new topics around Gaia. Not everyone wants to see this type of thing in their daily forum experience. Not even facebook has a dislike button, and they seem adamant that one will never come to their social network website. Youtube allows it's video-makers to disable liking/disliking.

The <3/</3 dynamic does not have the same premise or interpretation in any one forum or any one thread, except in SF where it's universally accepted to mean "agree/disagree" (in most cases). In some threads, such as quest threads, the </3 button is even useless and IMO is only used by people to hate on other people's quests.

According to what staff has said in the past, people wanted the dislike button. However, that assumption was made before <3/</3 was pushed out, and that assumption was made in a thread in SF where a dislike option is actually useful. Every time someone makes a complaint about the </3 button in SF, of course the thread is going to get a lot of </3's because in that forum the feature is actually useful/doing it's job. However, clearly, via the steady/constant complaint threads that pop up by users about the <3/</3 system, not everyone wants the dislike button.

Hi EE,

I <3 the suggestion!

Ok, I'll have to check around b/c there's probably reasons behind the way it's coded right now, but that's definitely worth us discussing. Thanks!
I know this was said a while back in the thread, but I really want to stress this from the perspective of one of those people that is hypersensitive to social feedback, from someone who is scared out of their mind to post any topics because of it and from someone who has been through panic attacks, even today as I write this.
Thank you ♥

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Apple iOS products don't support Flash at all, even.

Kloob
Dawn Marshall
Kloob
Dawn Marshall
Kloob
Dawn Marshall

That's what they said about the sims and they made it happen.
Sims is a lot different than zOMG. On sims, it's characters you create with the already pre-made characters. zOMG has hundreds and thousands of real players. It's probably impossible to do.

key word probably. if you cut back? maybe only have three major areas which would be Bass'ken lake, Zen Gardens and Village Greens. And if you're able to link up the accounts it should be hard. But that is just my opinion. >.>
They probably would not do that, and even if they could, it probably wouldn't be high on their priority list.

If they were to do something like that, they would probably make a mini game. They would put you in the arenas and you could only play that.

That's my opinion...

Well, you can't access it from ipod's, cause i have tried. And i really love the game, especially since it keeps me from boring my self to death. That is why i think it'd be a good game to go. its like draw something on here its Draw my thing by the same people just different, its able to connect to the ipods all around to play. An arena would be cool. It'd be a fighting game that would be better then Temple Run and Draw Something. And what SHOULD be on you admin's Priority list is the wants and needs of the website and of the gaians who are the ones playing. You can't get anything done without trying.
Yes I know you can't do that...

Plus, Apple's products doesn't support Gaia's flash. At least, I just read something like that...

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Razumi Yazura
WideEyed
Really late thought....
Would it be possible to make it so we can buy Items in the Bifrost in multples like we can in the Cash Shop?

I have to craft 100 Orb Aggregates in order to make my Blood Bat, and buying them one at a time is a bit of a pain.
I'd love to buy pancakes in bulk to make the Philosopher's cache instead of buying one by one. XD; Any shop items that requires multiples, really.

I haven't had any involvement with Alchemy (lucky for me it would appear), beyond crafting Orb Aggregates for my Blood Bat, but I can certainly see where having to buy hundreds of items, one at a time, would be a serious drawback for people who were into it.

Miss-Maron-O's Husbando

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Kloob
It is very frustrating, I've stopped playing zOMG now because of it. It's been so bothersome.

But, they don't really have any developers working on zOMG, really. So chances are this won't be fixed for awhile. Best of luck, though!

Mmhmm, And I am aware of that, but I guess what I am asking is; Where is this in terms of Priority?

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
rinlee
Shinju_hashimfo
Sinsario
How about a silly question...
Who is ready for the royalest of weddings?

User Image

I thought Rarity was supposed to marry the prince? gonk

Nope, that was Prince Blueblood, the haughty nephew of Celestia.

This is Princess Cadence and Shining Armor, Twilight's brother.
ROYAL WEDDING. AW YEAH.
OMGOMG!! What is the website with these episodes on them?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff