• Mark Twain 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ridley Starsmore
hotelite
Ridley Starsmore
Hey guys.

1. Y U NO HAVE EIs?!

2. White Dander Recolor, can we make this happen?

3. Could we do another "win a halo" contest so some of use have a snowball's chance in hades of getting one?

4. Alchemy updates, if you please?

captcha? FACE THE MUSIC.
what about a diapered egg white recolor with bluefin instead of ash and an angel instead of cupid

You don't understand. i would punch several people's grandmas to get these ears in white.
im selling my dander but thats a good idea but we need more recolors i want that ribbon in white

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
any chance on tweaking lite fish so they die more?

also, mandatory:

┻━┻彡 ヽ(ಠ3ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻

EDIT:

when can we expect all CoPietros to be fully evolved?

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Mrs Blunder
http://www.gaiaonline.com/mobileapp/forums

As a quick workaround, you can access the mobile app's forum interface from any browser by simply going to this URL.

Versatile Gaian

Will you be working on ways to help the cash shop to improve?
1. is there any way you could possibly make the prices in marketplace more reasonable?
2. people have been pointing out that the youtube media on their profiles has been coming out distorted. is there a way that could be fixed?
Hello o: first time I've ever posted in one of these. I had a single question only because this has been really bothering me.

How come it seems that there is more work put into the RIG items than there is into the Monthly Collectibles? Most of the MC items are anything but nearly as impressive the items in the RIGs which is kind of saddening.

Leaf

Yuki the Third
G-Dragon Has Arrived
G-Dragon Has Arrived
I was wondering if you guys plan on making a music rig any time soon if so would you be considering making A Bigbang or Shinee item?
International licensing with YG would be a pain, so I doubt it would be official.
does it matter if it's official we got an item based off of 2ne1.....
Panagrammic
Well, we actually have some code, although it's been on the back burner for a while.

Mrs Blunder
So does that mean there is one in development? Or is it still at the "idea" stage?

Panagrammic
An Android version of our Gaia app is definitely something that's been requested frequently, and we know that users are looking forward to it. There are some features which have special mobile versions to make it easier for all platforms (i.e., Forums Lite in Labs), which can help.

Mrs Blunder
Hello, admins. I've got a question, on behalf of myself and many other users:

Why is the Gaia Online App not available on the Android Market? You've made Monster Galaxy available to us, after all.

How likely is it that the app will be released to other markets, rather than just iTunes?

I've recently started a petition asking for it's release, because a search of threads hinted that the admins had no intention of releasing it to the Android Market without explicit interest. Is this true?
gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright
*cough* the CT's filled with nerds who would be more than willing to help pound out some lines of code.

Dangerous Prophet

3,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
hello there! My name's Saizaku and I was hacked two months ago and it was my original account that was lost and I lost everything on that account. I've filed two hacked reports and I haven't gotten any hints that my account was getting back to me and I've waited a while and still nothing. so is there any chance I'm going to get that account back?

Lonely Rogue

-[ive noticed the marketplace item preview is still glitched]-
-[when you switch between forward/backwards views and just this item view]-
-[possibly dress-up too]-
-[ ]-
-[thought this issue was fixed]-

Tipsy Lunatic

DJ Helsing
nyxiia
- - - - - - - - - - emotion_bigheart - - - - - - - - - -

I have just one question: When I complete the free quizzes to earn gaia cash, I complete it all the way but I never get the cash. Is it broken or something? I'd like my cash.. .- .

the surveys are really touchy if you do one thing wrong it wont reward you.

I would recommend doing the video offers or the top offers.

they are easier to do and pay out the same if not more for the time it takes.

- - - - - - - - - - emotion_bigheart - - - - - - - - - -

i don't know how i did it wrong? i answered the question and got to the quiz results page but never got the cash. kinda a waste of my time x;

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
ScarredRavens
Nikolita
ScarredRavens
I was wondering~ Is Gaia thinking of coming to western Canada for Real live event like a con?

Ei:
-Vancouver
-Edmonton
-Sasktoon
?
We're really close~!

Vancouver would be awesome! There was a Gaia panel at Anime Evolution a few years ago (2009 or 2010?) but no Gaia staff or admin were actually there from what I remember.
O: !
Anime Evolution doesn't exist anymore, but there are a few new conventions in Vancouver. I'd love to see some Gaia staff come here someday.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Yuki the Third
@lanzer, a dev, or anyone who talks nerd:
We have a whole bunch of people posting links to china wholesale sites and referral advert sites overnight when very few mods are on. I know the redirect.php page has a filter list that is used to filter out fake login pages that are found.

I was wondering if there would be a way to wildcard-blacklist sites such as wazzub, linkbux, and other spamvertisment sites? Playing janitor and cleaning up dosn't help people learn the rules until the damage is done.

Send me over a list of sites and I can pass this along!

Dapper Flip-Flopper

Ridley Starsmore
hotelite
Ridley Starsmore
Hey guys.

1. Y U NO HAVE EIs?!

2. White Dander Recolor, can we make this happen?

3. Could we do another "win a halo" contest so some of use have a snowball's chance in hades of getting one?

4. Alchemy updates, if you please?

captcha? FACE THE MUSIC.
what about a diapered egg white recolor with bluefin instead of ash and an angel instead of cupid

You don't understand. i would punch several people's grandmas to get these ears in white.

Actually heh would be nice to maybe get a new bunny ei no? =O
with a variety of bunny ears in different positions? no?
I think not all forums even need a <3 and </3 option. It works for forums where you discuss opinions maybe, but for the life situation forum, private roleplay forum or writing/art forum.. a </3 won't give the original poster any feedback and only hurts them.
Panagrammic
Yeah, it was originally only "like," but feedback before we shipped was that people wanted both "like" and "dislike." (I don't remember where that thread was, it very well might have been site feedback, but I think we also put a pointer in GCD or something).

There are three possibilities, I guess:
1. leave as is
2. leave <3 and </3 only in Site Feedback
3. allow users to turn off likes / dislikes

The second one is pretty straightforward; the third is definitely more work. The problem with either 2 or 3 is that people will complain that we're trying to turn into Facebook!

Existential Existence
A lot of people have frustrations with the <3/</3 thread rating system. It's an effective system in SF because <3/</3 has an accepted premise of meaning "i (dis)like this idea", but everywhere else the rating system becomes ambiguous. Also a lot of people tend to perceive </3's/dislikes as social feedback rather than feedback about the threads people make themselves.

Over the past months complaints about the </3 system, or people wanting an option to disable </3 in their threads, have been constant:

2.9 days ago
7.1 days ago
2.3 weeks ago
2.7 months ago
2.8 months ago
3.7 months ago
4.7 months ago
7.3 months ago
10.9 months ago
15.3 months ago
16.5 months ago
16.9 months ago

I found these threads via using the search word "dislike" for thread titles...there are probably more out there.

The thing about the </3 system is that in SF it is particulary useful, so every time someone makes a thread about wanting </3 optional, of course the idea is going to get downvoted to hell, which I think gives passing staff the impression that people don't want it optional. But that's SF. That's not the rest of Gaia. The only time ya'll ever looked for feedback on the </3 system is when you guys made that one thread asking for input before the rating system was pushed out...additionally, that feedback thread was, of course, placed in SF...where a <3/</3 system is useful.

But other forums areas on Gaia have held complaints about how other users are abusing the </3 system as a way to harass others. A lot of times, </3 is used as a way to vent against topic creators if people do not like the topic creator as a person...not because they dislike the topic itself. This has created a rather negative experience for people who make/create topics around Gaia.

QUESTION: Is there any way to get devs/staff to re-evaluate this rating system, taking into consideration feedback from other forums, not just Site Feedback
(where in SF, </3 is particularly useful and even justified to have...everywhere else it is used rather crappily)?

The biggest suggestion going on out there is to make it an optional feature, where thread creators can opt in/opt out of allowing a thread rating to apply to their thread.

You guys may not know it but a sizable number your users are hypersensitive to social feedback/indicators social judgment. The </3 button is a real big issue when it comes to contributing to real anxiety for making new topics around Gaia. Not everyone wants to see this type of thing in their daily forum experience. Not even facebook has a dislike button, and they seem adamant that one will never come to their social network website. Youtube allows it's video-makers to disable liking/disliking.

The <3/</3 dynamic does not have the same premise or interpretation in any one forum or any one thread, except in SF where it's universally accepted to mean "agree/disagree" (in most cases). In some threads, such as quest threads, the </3 button is even useless and IMO is only used by people to hate on other people's quests.

According to what staff has said in the past, people wanted the dislike button. However, that assumption was made before <3/</3 was pushed out, and that assumption was made in a thread in SF where a dislike option is actually useful. Every time someone makes a complaint about the </3 button in SF, of course the thread is going to get a lot of </3's because in that forum the feature is actually useful/doing it's job. However, clearly, via the steady/constant complaint threads that pop up by users about the <3/</3 system, not everyone wants the dislike button.

biglanky14

Hi EE,

I <3 the suggestion!

Ok, I'll have to check around b/c there's probably reasons behind the way it's coded right now, but that's definitely worth us discussing. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff