Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Conventioneer

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
nyxiia
- - - - - - - - - - emotion_bigheart - - - - - - - - - -

I have just one question: When I complete the free quizzes to earn gaia cash, I complete it all the way but I never get the cash. Is it broken or something? I'd like my cash.. .- .

the surveys are really touchy if you do one thing wrong it wont reward you.

I would recommend doing the video offers or the top offers.

they are easier to do and pay out the same if not more for the time it takes.

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
regarding Cross Stitch contest

i know it recently closed (which means the best are being picked out from the rest)

will there be voting for us like previous such contests? or would the winners just be chosen and announced to us?

EDIT:
regards to the recent marketplace fix for previews, what did they fix? because my image still goes away when i click the other buttons to see the back of the avi or the item alone...etc...

Feline Lunatic

52,790 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
Soul of Kyr
Dear Artists and Developers....

1. Has the Malicious Ad I have complained about in the last 2 Ask the Admins been fixed??

2. I would love you people to stop making pink,red,blue or white double pigtails and try focusing on colors like orange or purple or green or something. I'd love some long double pigtails in the color purple or even a combo color of purple and black streaks. Take the hairstyle I have now....it is good,but it being longer would be better.

3. What is your obsession with crowns and tiaras??

4. PLEASE cut down on the Lite Fish in the Daily Chances and such. I have enough Lite Fish to choke 600 horses with.

Yes I know most of this is random,but so am I.

*pokes the Quote*

Trash Lunatic

Will you guys be making the salon hairstyles unisex? emotion_kirakira Because that would be epic.

Wheezing Smoker

13,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Malicious Fiend
I am currently questing Blade of the Night Sky. I know you probably get this question a lot, but, Are there any tips that you, as Admins, can give me as far as questing goes?
And another thing The new zOMG! gold nerf, I calculated that it will take me 10 months to get BotNS if I nerf at 50k a day. I don't have the money to buy Gaia Cash. I think the new nerf is a little harsh. Are there any plans to increase the point at which we nerf?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
I just do the bluenoodle cash tree offers (10gc a day) everyday, and save it up. Then, when I have 249 or more, I spend it. This gives you "donator's status" for 30 days which raises your cap to like 150-160k! It's like a free way to get a higher gold cap. xP Hope this helps. Because I doubt they will raise the gold cap. XD

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Starshine
Thank you for adding the gold refund to BB tickets, and for fixing zOMG'd daily chance. mrgreen

SDplus doll for swarf?
User Image

yay!!! so glad you posted this. biggrin

Celestial Tamer

32,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hello Gaia Admins, Devs, Artists, and anyone else who is involved with the Gaian Alchemy system. Thank you for your attention, and I hope you take into account my concerns.
I am speaking here today to bring to your attention a recent incident and my frustrations with the current system and the way that it functions.
I am a loyal Gaia user/customer, and I have been since 2004. I have been in constant support of your site, whether it was through word of mouth- generating hits, and in more recent years continued support of Gaia Cash with my own hard earned money. I have spent/donated 1000s of dollars on this site in the past few years- because I always felt happy to, I enjoyed supporting Gaia with my money because it’s been a part of my life since I was still in high school- and it was always around whenever I just needed somewhere to go to relax, or just have fun with friends. I always enjoyed the avatars and the items, and had been a quester for certain ones here and there over the years.
When the Alchemy system was introduced- at first I was very excited, seeing as the long-awaited release of the infamous backwings was finally coming a long with it -but after learning what Alchemy as a whole entailed, I quickly grew discouraged as did many others who had been looking forward to these things for so long.
I had decided that I wasn’t going to take part in Alchemy, and hope that maybe in the future something would be done to make the system a little more fair for everyone. -but then I layed eyes on the first Aurora Kitten star that had been crafted, and I was captivated. I have always been a huge fan of the Kitten star companions, and this time was no different. I had just recently finished my quest/goal of obtaining the first 4 Kitten star releases -and this was the first time I seriously felt compelled to try Alchemy out. I had to have that kitten. I felt it was within a reasonable person goal, so I decided to quest.
Starting in January, I worked my little heart out. Gathering components, selling, trading -which might I add can currently be an extreme pain to do. A lot of the most expensive components are commonly needed across many of the formulas and formula chains, which can sometimes make then a pain to find, and then even when you do they can be expensive just to obtain.
Alchemy is not a picnic nor a walk in the park. Even with your randomized luck system it can be a long and aggravating time gathering what you need for even the simplest of formulas. -but I wasn’t going to let that discourage me this time. I really wanted the Aurora Kitten.
-because I don’t have a lot of time on my hands, I work a full time job and do art, etc on the side- I don’t really have the time to spend learning how to vend or play the exchange on Gaia, so I make the majority of my gold through Gaia Cash. Which is fine for me, because at the same time I am supporting your site which I greatly enjoy, and working toward my kitten at the same time.
Starting from January of 2012, I have already spent: $910.88 on your website. $755.88 of that was spent on my goal of the Aurora Kitten star, working from when my quest began at the end of January.
Where it starts to go wrong for me is not how much money I spent in total- but when I genuinely started to feel, like for the first time ever on my membership of your site, that my money was genuinely being wasted.
Around Mar 21. I had finally obtained all of the materials I needed to craft the Aurora Kitten Star, and so I decided to get a couple well known and respected level 10 Alchemists to help me with completing my quest. Never did I think that things were about to go so wrong.
I had heard about the Kitten taking different numbers of attempts to craft… 1, 4... Even 9. I thought that 9 attempts was a little extreme, and I didn’t think my luck could get that bad. I was thinking maybe 5 at most? -and I was fine with that. But guess what Gaia….. SIXTEEN.
I have attempted to craft this Aurora Kitten Star a total of sixteen times, and I still have not been successful. How is this in any way fair? How can you actually expect users to go out and gather millions upon millions of gold worth of components, and then when they have finally suffered that task, you slap them in the face again by making them waste another 16 million just for the CHANCE to have the item that they already deserve and worked so hard for?
For the first time ever Gaia, I have genuinely been hurt by your actions. I found myself in tears wondering how I could work so hard at something only to be shot down- and on top of it, feel like for the first time ever I genuinely wasted money on you.
I exhausted my bank account, just to make extra attempts at trying to get my kitten star - I literally might as well have taken a lighter to my wallet and burned whatever money I had left, because that’s where it went. In the toilet. -and what’s worse about it is that you don’t even seem to care.
After spending over 80 million gold on components alone, how is it fair that my high -level formula has a “Low” crafting chance? Your entire system is totally backwards. People who work harder to craft the more expensive formulas should have to pay more and suffer more. How cruel can you be Gaia???
High level formulas that are a lot more expensive to craft should have a higher rate of success. It’s only fair considering HOW much work goes into making them. -and it makes more sense that lower level formulas that are easier to gather components are the ones that should take more tries if anything.
Alchemy seriously needs to be fixed.
This is the first time since I have been a part of Gaia, that I have ever seriously considered quitting, and definitely considered never giving you a single dime of my hard-earned money again.
I thought Alchemy was about hard work. If that really is so, haven’t I done my part already? Do I not deserve my kitten star until I’ve thrown a MILLION dollars down your drains???
I love you to death, but I’m losing faith in you Gaia, and I’m losing it fast…. Please show me a reason why I should continue to be here, and continue to keep supporting you with my time and my money…
…All I want is what I worked hard for and deserve…. Is that so much to ask?

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Well, we actually have some code, although it's been on the back burner for a while.

Mrs Blunder
So does that mean there is one in development? Or is it still at the "idea" stage?

Panagrammic
An Android version of our Gaia app is definitely something that's been requested frequently, and we know that users are looking forward to it. There are some features which have special mobile versions to make it easier for all platforms (i.e., Forums Lite in Labs), which can help.

Mrs Blunder
Hello, admins. I've got a question, on behalf of myself and many other users:

Why is the Gaia Online App not available on the Android Market? You've made Monster Galaxy available to us, after all.

How likely is it that the app will be released to other markets, rather than just iTunes?

I've recently started a petition asking for it's release, because a search of threads hinted that the admins had no intention of releasing it to the Android Market without explicit interest. Is this true?
gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Nikolita
ScarredRavens
I was wondering~ Is Gaia thinking of coming to western Canada for Real live event like a con?

Ei:
-Vancouver
-Edmonton
-Sasktoon
?
We're really close~!

Vancouver would be awesome! There was a Gaia panel at Anime Evolution a few years ago (2009 or 2010?) but no Gaia staff or admin were actually there from what I remember.
O: !

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
xcrimsonlegendx
Simple questions here:

When is LabTech X going to come back in the plot? Aside from zOMG I mean, that doesn't really count. He's Gaia's biggest villain and really he needs more love.

Is there any hope of getting real LabTech outfits after all this time? We've had a petition going for several years and there are a lot of us G CORP fanatics who're dying for some official LabTech swag.
User Image

labtech x will only come back into the plot if the storyline involves

his d**k

think of a plot that involves his d**k and he will come back
G-Dragon Has Arrived
G-Dragon Has Arrived
I was wondering if you guys plan on making a music rig any time soon if so would you be considering making A Bigbang or Shinee item?
International licensing with YG would be a pain, so I doubt it would be official.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
biglanky14
Razumi Yazura
Hey, guys. Hope you're all doing well this fine evening.

(Thank you for fixing the AutoCash problem that many of us were having, by the way.)

I have some pretty big concerns and I know that it's a subject that you guys may not love to answer. It's about Alchemy. I thank Lanky for replying to me a bit about this, but I would still like to address this matter.

I have a very close friend that has been working on crafting the Aurora Kitten Star. I have helped her as much as I can to gather the components. Once they were all gathered to craft the soul crystal required to make the kitten, we thought the hard part was over.

We were sadly mistaken.

After the initial 9 failed attempts at crafting the kitten star, we thought "This is insane. This can't be right." I funded her to try more attempts, but it resulted in more fails. After 16 failed attempts at crafting the kitten, we've decided to stop. A total of 16 million gold going towards failed attempts was getting out of hand. My friend has spent a lot of RL money on Gaia Cash to try and make this kitten and still does not have the finished product. Several people have tried to help her with the crafting fee and it's still failing.

While I understand that success rate is low and fails happen, I feel that Alchemy's success rate should taper. The percentage of failure should decrease after every failed attempt. If not, there should be a point where the success rate changes a bit. Judging by what is happening to this particular formula, the success rate is static. It potentially can chain fail for a very long time. For a formula that requires 1 million each crafting attempt, this is absurd. Especially when the components were already hard to attain to begin with. I've had level 10 formulas crafted before with no fail rates, but had high success rate. Why is it that formulas with components that are easily attained have an easier success rate than formulas that have much harder attained components? That seems rather backwards to me.

While we do not expect to see the gold back and were prepared to see fails, a total of 16 times with no end product is concerning. It's alarming. The balancing of the success rate and how it functions needs to be adjusted.

We don't want her to try any more crafting attempts since it may cause her further stress if it continues to fail. At its current state, it's too upsetting to even look at.

Thanks Razumi. I am sorry to hear about this. I don't have any good answer for you, but having examples like this is good for us to know.
I know. Examples like this are important to put across. I suppose I feel so strongly about this since my friend spent over $755 to gather the components and still doesn't have her Aurora kitten star. I know that she could have attained the gold by other means like drawing artwork and whatnot, but spending such a high amount and not have the item still really is nothing to tiptoe about...

I just want the success rate looked into with more care to avoid future problems such as this.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
ChaseTheBreeze
I'm always afraid that if someone is mean to me, and I'm mean back, that they'll report me and I'll get banned. Where do you draw the line?

Heya ChaseTheBreeze!

Thanks for joining us today, and the great question!

If someone is being mean to you, the best thing you can do is ignore that person. I know, I know - easier said than done, right? Still, the best way to avoid any warnings or banning is to not engage in behavior that violates the Terms of Service. Put that person on your ignore list, report the abuse, and be on your merry Gaia way.

That said, if you do accidentally lose your temper, typically the issue will be reviewed and in most cases, a warning will be sent if your comments are really abusive back.

Hope this answers your question!
Sisky

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Madame Lee
I have a question. I have an old account but it was hacked by some one else, never got it back but is there any way you could delete the old one since I have this one.

Also if some one was banned permanently but they still had items could you guys just unequip there items and dump them into the dumpster dive for others or would that be considered hacked items?

Send me a PM with the name of your hacked account and we can look into it.

As for your second question, probably won't happen, some users may have their permanent bans overturned for various circumstances. So it wouldn't be fair to have a sweeping action like that happen just because someone is permabanned.

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Razumi Yazura
After the initial 9 failed attempts at crafting the kitten star, we thought "This is insane. This can't be right." I funded her to try more attempts, but it resulted in more fails. After 16 failed attempts at crafting the kitten, we've decided to stop. A total of 16 million gold going towards failed attempts was getting out of hand. My friend has spent a lot of RL money on Gaia Cash to try and make this kitten and still does not have the finished product. Several people have tried to help her with the crafting fee and it's still failing.

While I understand that success rate is low and fails happen, I feel that Alchemy's success rate should taper. The percentage of failure should decrease after every failed attempt. If not, there should be a point where the success rate changes a bit. Judging by what is happening to this particular formula, the success rate is static. It potentially can chain fail for a very long time. For a formula that requires 1 million each crafting attempt, this is absurd. Especially when the components were already hard to attain to begin with. I've had level 10 formulas crafted before with no fail rates, but had high success rate. Why is it that formulas with components that are easily attained have an easier success rate than formulas that have much harder attained components? That seems rather backwards to me.

While we do not expect to see the gold back and were prepared to see fails, a total of 16 times with no end product is concerning. It's alarming. The balancing of the success rate and how it functions needs to be adjusted.

We don't want her to try any more crafting attempts since it may cause her further stress if it continues to fail. At its current state, it's too upsetting to even look at.
(1) I kinda like the tapering off idea. We'll discuss amongst staff.

(2) It's possible there's another bug in the system that's making it look as if you are failing the craft when there might be a bigger bug...
We do know there are issues with soulbound component items (if you don't have any non-soulbound versions of the same item). This is an outstanding issue and I don't know what error message you see if you attempt to do this.
If you PM me specifics about which account, which formula... I will attempt to troubleshoot that specific issue (and issue refunds if relevant).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff