Welcome to Gaia! ::

crazy spork i am
paige rage
crazy spork i am
'lo theres

Hello :3

How are you?

i'm doing alright, i had a pretty chill weekend. i'm still recovering from recovering from dental surgery. it's amazing at how much energy it takes out of me; my appetite is slowly coming back :3

yeah... i remember when i had my wisdom teeth out a year ago... i slept afterwards for like 8 hours >>
When the B.S. does come out what will be the new reason for not getting things done on time?

*I would go with zombies

Shy Cleric

13,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
OMG DAK
crazy spork i am
OMG DAK
crazy spork i am
OMG DAK
Harmonious Chaos
Hi Lanzer. smile

Could you please tell us what is going on with the event? We've been going insane for the past few days... event, or no event? That is the question.

Also, thank you and the staff for what we did get, even if we have no event heading our way.

Read the first post .... We dont ******** get one cause they are to busy with other crap ; 3;

well yeah, things are always constantly happening over here :3

Then cancel the s**t cause you ******** didn't make a "St. Pats event or a ******** easter... ******** epic failure!!

Ruining our gaia holidays D<

The battle has been in the planning ofr like 3 - 4 years and its still not made = waste of time...

i can't, since it's not really my decision to do so. and there are a lot of other projects that are bigger than holiday events. most of the time resources are invariably stretched out to cover for multitudes of projects happening simultaneously; and it's all about priority. truthfully i kinda see these events as like a 'damned if we do, damned if we don't' kinda deal from some of the responses. that doesn't go to say that we won't do it but patience is always a good thing to have :3

battle has been taking a while because simply because of the large scope. while i get to do stuff in battle i also get to work on other stuff as well. sometimes it means working on events sometimes it means doing concepts for items or evolving pets or MC's or any other areas that are covered by creative. so yeah, there's always a lot on our plates :3

THEN YOUR FIRE!!!
KTHXBAI

Anyways... I say screw the battle... if you guys didn't get it done 2 years ago then scrap it and move on... I say fix the ******** plot that way we can see what happened to damn santa cow after a ******** year and a half almost...
I wanna be with you

Agreed with Dak. I've been meaning to say something like this too. Is Battle really that important such that events and plot updates are getting neglected because of it? Because I always thought that it was the events and the plot that defined Gaia.

Do dreams come true?

Lonely Noob

crazy spork i am
paige rage
crazy spork i am
'lo theres

Hello :3

How are you?

i'm doing alright, i had a pretty chill weekend. i'm still recovering from recovering from dental surgery. it's amazing at how much energy it takes out of me; my appetite is slowly coming back :3

Owie D:!

What'd the dental surgons do to your teeth? D confused
Lanzer, I have just one question.

Will the grombie skin will be ever re-released or re-make again in future, I noticed most of us really want grombie skin but we missed it and we want somegrombie skin for avaible again, please take your time answering this question because I would love to see grombie skin again.
cardee
Lanzer
Hi Cardee,

No the work on the banning from March 10 is not completed yet. In fact, we're just about to post an announcement at Q&A explaining how anyone who still can't access their account can contact us to get their accounts back.

Please note that everything happened because of our strive to keep the cheaters from inflating the economy from what it already is. We wanted to protect the legitimate users and give them a better experience on Gaia. Unfortunately the bugs caused a lot of grief which we felt really sorry for causing. We'll learn from our error and write better code to protect the community moving forward.

cardee
Hi Lanzer. First of all, thank you for addressing the erroneous bannings last March 10, and for unbanning some accounts that were caught up in it.

However, there is still a number of accounts that were banned last March 10 and are still banned. The explanation we received is that these accounts were correctly banned for botting. I own one of these accounts. The name of the account is cardi. She is a grombie beta-tester and has been banned for botting in games. I have never botted in games, and I have met several March 10 bannees who are still banned and said that they have never botted, do not know how to bot, and have never considered botting. Notably, a number of these accounts are trophy fishers.

Those of us who have been banned last March 10 and are still banned are very frightened and hurt. Our accounts mean a great deal to us. We have spent a great deal of time, money, and effort into improving our accounts, and we have been anxiously looking out for any developments with respect to the March 10 bannings. We were initially relieved when we heard that innocent accounts that were caught up in the March 10 bannings will be unbanned, so we are devastated when we found that our accounts are still banned.

Here are the questions that we still have about this situation:

1. Are the investigations into the March 10 banned (and still banned) accounts complete?

2. Does this mean that the still-banned accounts will not be unbanned?

3. Many of us are aware that we have never done what we were accused to have done last March 10. Are the people responsible for the investigations 100% certain that your data is flawless and that they did not make any mistakes in interpreting them?

I implore you to revisit this situation. There are far too many of us who have been banned last March 10 and profess that we have never botted. Please. We are very heartbroken at this turn of events.

As with the previous AtA post, here are the meeting places of the March 10 bannees. We are continuing to discuss this situation and are hoping that it will improve.

List of users who are still banned: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=12216031#147463893
Chatterbox thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/mysterious-march-10th-blockings-meeting-place/t.38794729_4261/
Guild: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=479

thank you so much for addressing my questions. they are on behalf of all the march 10 bannees and their supporters, and again, we've been anxiously waiting for further news about this situation. we will be on the lookout for that q&a announcement.

yes thanks a lot!
We all are ready for an inquiry.
We were all frustrated cause there didnt seem to be any proper inquiry!
Please keep us updated so that we dont loose hope atleast!
I have lot of dear friends on gaia, but this accident have been really discouraging for us all
Hey Lanzer.

So, I have an irl grunny plushie. He's awesome - all softy, and yeah. But I was looking at the tag the other day and saw he's made in China. I know Gaia's short on money at the moment, but it seems like with the limited amount of products you sell, you could afford to manufacture them at a US factory.

Also - Meredith. I remember when I first joined Gaia, I went all liek "woahz" because she talked at me. Now, she doesn't talk at all and I believe she has never appeared in the storyline.
Any plans to give our favorite bank teller the attention she deserves?
Receiving an email from an inquiry, received today, like THIS ONE shows me that things are not being done to properly prevent innocents from being banned. Is this what Gaia is coming to? If our inventory does NOT show that items were bought with real money, will they continue to be banned? That leaves vending and exchanging for a lot of us, null and void if we are not going to be able to keep items that were not purchased with cash.

Inquiry email]Botting is using automated tools (third-party software) to play games
on the
site or to refresh the site continually without any human action.

We have reviewed this case and we will not be unbanning your account.
The
gains on your account did not solely come from the purchase of
collectibles
and cash cards[/b surprised h8jvg
oh8jvgra:0="Inquiry email]Botting is using automated tools (third-party software) to play games
on the
site or to refresh the site continually without any human action.

We have reviewed this case and we will not be unbanning your account.
[b surprised h8jvgra:1]The
gains on your account did not solely come from the purchase of
collectibles
and cash cards

Lanzer
Hi Cardee,

No the work on the banning from March 10 is not completed yet. In fact, we're just about to post an announcement at Q&A explaining how anyone who still can't access their account can contact us to get their accounts back.

Please note that everything happened because of our strive to keep the cheaters from inflating the economy from what it already is. We wanted to protect the legitimate users and give them a better experience on Gaia. Unfortunately the bugs caused a lot of grief which we felt really sorry for causing. We'll learn from our error and write better code to protect the community moving forward.

cardee
Hi Lanzer. First of all, thank you for addressing the erroneous bannings last March 10, and for unbanning some accounts that were caught up in it.

However, there is still a number of accounts that were banned last March 10 and are still banned. The explanation we received is that these accounts were correctly banned for botting. I own one of these accounts. The name of the account is cardi. She is a grombie beta-tester and has been banned for botting in games. I have never botted in games, and I have met several March 10 bannees who are still banned and said that they have never botted, do not know how to bot, and have never considered botting. Notably, a number of these accounts are trophy fishers.

Those of us who have been banned last March 10 and are still banned are very frightened and hurt. Our accounts mean a great deal to us. We have spent a great deal of time, money, and effort into improving our accounts, and we have been anxiously looking out for any developments with respect to the March 10 bannings. We were initially relieved when we heard that innocent accounts that were caught up in the March 10 bannings will be unbanned, so we are devastated when we found that our accounts are still banned.

1. Are the investigations into the March 10 banned (and still banned) accounts complete?

3. Many of us are aware that we have never done what we were accused to have done last March 10. Are the people responsible for the investigations 100% certain that your data is flawless and that they did not make any mistakes in interpreting them?

I implore you to revisit this situation. There are far too many of us who have been banned last March 10 and profess that we have never botted. Please. We are very heartbroken at this turn of events.

As with the previous AtA post, here are the meeting places of the March 10 bannees. We are continuing to discuss this situation and are hoping that it will improve.

List of users who are still banned: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=12216031#147463893
Chatterbox thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/mysterious-march-10th-blockings-meeting-place/t.38794729_4261/
Yes something will happen on April 1st. 3nodding

I can say that Battle alpha will come soon, but I can't give a date because that will give a even bigger pressure on the battle team to deliver. Right now the team is over-worked and very stressed already, and there had been problems popping out that delayed our original timeline. But testing is just around the corner.

And I'm sorry for the poor communication. We did plan to make a post, but we screwed up. I've slapped myself about it and will definitely do a better job from now on.

Yes, I just saw some new NPC pics. She's awfully cute! biggrin

Yes, pinball is coming soon.

And I'll ask Tae to post some softball pics for you guys. wink

Miss Scooter
Hey Lanzer :3

Anyhoo, some of my questions will probably be repeats/repeated a lot, but I’ll post them anyway. D;

1. The Easter event. It’s pretty much over isn’t it? 3: (I know Fleep said so, but it’s hard to believe it. ;-; )
2. Are you planning a small mini event for April Fool’s Day? I know you said small event weren’t going to be celebrated, but Gaia has always celebrated it before. I would say April Fool’s was probably my favorite mini-event.
3. Can you give us an estimate, not official of course, of when Gaia Battle is coming out? At the con, it was said that the Easter event was abandoned because they didn’t want to push Battle back a few months, so is this coming soon? 3 months? 6 months? A year?
4. Are the admin going to try to communicate better with us Gaians? I know a lot of us sat around abusing the F5 button, because we were not told that the Easter event was going to be scraped. (My poor F5 button. ;-; )
5. Should we expect any new NPC’s this year? I loved the new ones that were introduced. =D Looouuiiieee. <3
6. I heard somewhere that pinball was coming, is this true? o;?
7. Where are our softball team pics? I wanna see so bad. xD

If you could answer one or a couple of these questions, that would be awesome! Fanx for making Gaia pretty sweet. :3
In the past Easter used to be a big event. Last year's event was smaller, this year's event is pretty much non-existent. Is an event for Easter being permanently phased out of Gaia?
Lanzer
Hi Cardee,

cardee

Thanks for some hope Lanzer. as a 51 year barely technical woman I assure you that I wouldn't know how to bot if shown how. will these updates you are talking about be easy for us to understand to restore our lost accounts? I apolgize for seeming to be so stupid here.
Would there be any chance of adding CSS capabilities to Guilds? Specifically homepages?
Lanzer, I have no questions for tonight.
However, I would like to extend my appreciation and thanks to both you and all of the Gaia Staff for all the hard work that you do.
Hope you all had an amazing Easter.
=) <3
crazy spork i am
Timaeus Gandora Daakunesu
crazy spork i am
'lo theres

hello there spork, how are ya this evening?

busy busy :3 but if i can i like to take an hour each monday to participate in these. i find it fun and a way to talk to you guys if i can't make time during the week crying .

well i for one am glad you take some of your precious time to talk with us members like this *bows and offers her a flower*

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
OK, I'm gonna try to hold back on the questions since you guys ARE busy...
1. HAve you considered putting Battle, Arcades etc on hold for a while and giving some kind of manga, since many peole seem to be upset about that? It does seem like you've thrown all your energy into the new upgrades, but it seems a lot of us would rather you throw that into waht we already have... Especially those that have seniority.
2. ON the other hand, a lot of the greedy, impatient behavior of many Gaians disgusts me . What do you think about the way people have been behaving?
3. Are you in the red right now? That would explain the intense need for new users and new systems...
2. Are you gonna watch the Frontline Bush's WAR online? I skipped out on the TV braodcast to be here...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff