Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
fairy pastry
Zero Omega
fairy pastry
Why can't we funnel Flynn's Plunder items in to the Dumpster Dive instead? So we, you know, spread some of the wealth around. The decent items in FP are rarely won for "super low" prices, or at prices significantly lower than in the MP.

Flynn's Plunder is meant to be a gold sink, that's why.

People suggest themes for gold sinks all the time, like sending Rufus to College. Oh, and there was the Save Our Shops! event a few years ago.

You can not honestly tell me you guys can not think of another way - a better way - to have a goldsink, other than to throw abandoned items in to a bid-store and hope people are dumb enough to bid 5k on a 2k item?

But those aren't consistent gold sinks like what Flynn's Plunder is, those happen during an event and then don't happen again for a while. Flynn's Plunder ensures that gold is always being removed.

Romantic Guardian

23,700 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Griever Lol Zi
repost from page IDK and something Id like to see!

1.Tried to join a guild, link was missing. Admin or anyone else for that matter know anything?

2. Evolving Blue Mage Item
Mages that eat monsters in item form? Come on...you know you want to. cool

I like the FF reference, but would the larger community understand or like it is the main question you should be asking, some would understand and like it ( i would for one) but others wouldnt want or understand it

Godlike Angel

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Can you add an peer to peer in-chat system for Herald of Chaos, like you have for other games (such as Tiles, Jigsaw, etc)?

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Silk Kanishk
Purplesnoopy
Silk Kanishk
Purplesnoopy
Silk Kanishk

If Gaia can't spare 5 minutes for zOMG! I doubt they'd take the trouble to move someone in from abroad. confused
YOu're confusing things.

you mean they care about people? eek
But of course. You're way too jaded.

They have to start caring about all their people then only then will I believe it.
I believe they DO care abou all their people, but remember love and finances have to be balanced pragmatically and it's not realistic to expect every single person to get exactly what they want al the time immediately. That being said, though, I'm not going to let the vaguest infinitesimal possibility of ZOmg's rebirth in the future slip away; No is not an answer; and mind you I haven't even finished all the quests there yet! *Teeters close to flaming territory. here*

Precious Nerd

Koda Crest
milkbun

Tektek's layering (as far as I can tell) is overly simplified. Here is one layer and you can put it under or over another layer. However our items work completely different. Something like a coat can have up to 11 layers (for just one gender and not counting backs) so moving it up or down all together is complicated.

Interesting. Is there any particular reason that gaia can't (and I'm assuming this is a can't, not a won't issue.) use the over-simplified version?

Because we have arms that move that layer over our body. If everything was flat in one layer we would have to have a file for every arm position combination. There are other examples where we need the items cut up into several pieces but this is the most common.

Ciizeur's Wife

Deadly Regular

o -g l e a m i n g- o
o -g l e a m i n g- o
o -g l e a m i n g- o
Will achievements that are no longer available like the Cats vs. Dog achievement be removed from the unlocked lists?
I think they should be removed from our unlocked lists if we missed the events or opportunities to get these achievements. It seems pointless to have unachievable achievements up.
I never got that achievement and I don't see it gumming up my "available achievements" section.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
TeezyCat
Narumi Misuhara
On top of that, of them, they alone couldn't do it anyway. We need the help of someone who no longer works for Gaia Interactive. We've been trying to get this person to come in and help us out but thus far they have been unavailable to do so.
I bet Swarf could do it.

He's one of the devs we've been trying to work with.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Gen and Evan
I'm an epileptic
Any chance we can get users to stop being allowed to have ridiculousy flashy signatures and profiles
I don't really feel like adding more to the amount that I owe the hospital already with another grand mal

We do not allow users to have signatures/images/profiles/etc that are excessively flashy that we believe may cause issues. If you come across them, report it.

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
This question might have been asked a thousand times before, but when an item comes as a set, why do I have to buy the item a few times to wear multiple items from the set at the same time? I cannot get avatars that I want because I have to buy something that costs 140,000g a bunch of times. A friend and I find it to be irritating. (Sorry for the ramble. sweatdrop )

Sweetheart

Uncle Kenny
Gen and Evan
Tsuki_Kirkland
Gen and Evan

Actualy no , I believe you are mistaken. they may be ones that they just cannot answer but I doubt they flat out avoid them The information they give may be all they can, or all that they know about it . No question is ignored ,again it may of been answered in a past ask the admin or they don’t know about it.
If they don't know an answer, they admit it
If it has been answered previously, they direct you to it
If they don't like it, they ignore it
Last week's ATA contained a post with a user asking about a former issue with a staff member
That post was deleted because they staff didn't like it

Actually, it was deleted because the user was a returning troll account that specifically harasses the one staff member every time they make an account. Please refrain from spreading false information about issues that you don't actually have knowledge on, we don't delete posts because we dislike them smile
So you see this one but not the actual questions?
I kept refreshing the pages because as soon as I saw it I knew what was going to go down. Users I talked to verified on it only being one post if they saw it at all
I'm not claiming I know what the user did outside of the AtA forum but it was a general consensus that there was only one post seen for a period of about 25 seconds

Versatile Cutesmasher

Tsuki_Kirkland
Gen and Evan
Gen and Evan
Gen and Evan
OH YEAH
Topic point from last week's discussion on where capital earned from projects go

Many users are not aware that the money they pump into games like zOMG actually gets pooled into a common fund used to support other projects. Users think they are working to help save a part of the site that has been cast aside or a part of the site they really enjoy but instead, the money is moved to projects old and new.
When talked about last week, devs and admins made it sound like users should already know this info and while many staff members do not know where all of the money goes (as apparently there are secret projects and each staff member gets a Nerf gun bought for them) it would not be unreasonable to have a generalized summary of where funds are being allotted.

Users should know what their money goes to. They need to know that it's not going directly to the programs and site features they might think.

Also another big issue that never seems to get let go of - why still charge GC for zOMG boosts when zOMG isn't really supported by this pool of resources as work on the game has been halted
This is an example of a question they don't like answering >.<

They’ve already answered questions about ZOMG perviously, that is most likely why they are not answering this. It’s already been answered , its not that they don’t like answering it.

What we really want to know is about the BOLD.
They didn't answer that.
And we really want to know.
Dosico
How come Lanzer never replies back to anybody.

I can only reply to 15 to 30 people during ATA, out of 450 messages that's posted, so it's hard for me to answer most of the questions posted, unfortunately. Though many artists, developers, and admin pitch in to answer questions, so we can still manage to answer many questions that were posted during ATA.

For those who couldn't get an answer during ATA, please try posting earlier in the thread, or for any urgent matter, please contact me or other admins directly through PM.

Thank you for joining us this week and hope to see you all next week at 5!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Nilla
'ello Gaia developers. I have an odd question, that got me thinking the other day. My simple question is, Do you stalk us from time to time with your admin accounts or make regular user accounts and stalk us with that? Don't have to announce the names if you do. Just was curious.
Curiosity kills the cat and I'm shocked at my curiosity level, I haven't been killed. rofl

I check the forums a lot throughout the day.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Gen and Evan

No , I was there and it was posted multiple times . If you read Uncle Kenny’s post it was apparently from a troll who harasses staff which is why it was removed. Just because tehre is no inappropriate pictures doesn’t mean its not inappropriate. The context of the question was inappropriate .

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Silk Kanishk
Narumi Misuhara
Silk Kanishk
Narumi Misuhara
Silk Kanishk
More precisely. I talked to uncle Kenny recently and he said the reason we zOMGaians don't get holiday events anymore was because the code for them has been mucked up after DMS came out. After proving to him we have had zOMG! holiday events even with DMS in the picture, he remained silent. So here I am, admins of Gaia, before you, asking for our events back.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't know if you had events after DMS or not but what I do know is that no one on the Gaia Online side can do anything with it. What former zOMG! devs are left are in a separate dept. and we on the Gaia Online side have no control over their time. So short of such devs volunteering their own time to work on such events, for the moment there is nothing more we can do.

This isn't about time. it's about priorities. If the devs were given ample time in which to setup the events, I'm sure they would. Are you gonna use the same excuse when the time comes for Gaia's site-wide Easter event? I think not.

I don't think you're fully understanding. We have no authority over the people left in the company who do know how to work with zOMG! On top of that, of them, they alone couldn't do it anyway. We need the help of someone who no longer works for Gaia Interactive. We've been trying to get this person to come in and help us out but thus far they have been unavailable to do so.

But they've setup the event just last year, so why can't they do it now? And why don't you have authority over them? I'm sure if you needed help with some other site item, you'd have them on it lickety-split. And why waste time over some other bum when you can have me? A totally unrecognized bum. blaugh

Actually no, as far as company structure goes, we have no authority. The managers and people they report to/work with are a completely different set than ours.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff