Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

It's been a crazy week trying to fix the various bugs that came with the green goo glitch fix. One of the previous changes got erased in a recent bug fix and avatar parts are now missing! gonk The new fixes will be posted tomorrow. Sorry for the problems. Hopefully tomorrow's fix will be one of the last that's needed.

Welcome to ATA!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)
Tempest heard you still need inspiration for a praying mantis companion type item.

Direct Link to the Goods
Yesterday I had to request for my thread to be Locked due to Troll Attacks Down voting it Since you guys couldn't disable this feature in existing threads nor disable this Voting feature by Default.

Its a shame that Trolls can get away with it. they win battles because if we fought back both sides would be punished,because down voting threads is still not against the Rules even if it's used to disrupt a thread. Adding people on the ignore list with the sole purpose of making users see the "Topics Blocked: 27 " in red letters is not against the rules? Trolls are taking advantage of it now.

Corinth Maxwell t.84967927_46
3. Could we, perhaps, have the option to select what does and/or doesn't get "blocked" whenever we're put on "Ignore" and/or whenever we ignore others? The "topics blocked" message does get rather annoying, especially when many of us would like to see the reason(s) as to why certain topics have been blocked.

Uncle Kenny t.84967927_80
Doing that would require a rewrite of the Ignore system so it probably wouldn't happen any time soon.

Gaia is a forum site, sadly some of the forums are half dead. my intention was/is (still is) to make them more active by Posting Interesting Articles while Lurking does NOT keep the forums alive.

My proposal for you Gaia Satff is:
encouraging Moderators to post more in the Gaia forums, most of them are not even active.
please don't tell me they do, this has been an ongoing problem I've seen for years now.
A lot of people use the excuse of"there isn't enough mods to handle the reports and ontop of that to interact on the forums on a daily basis" but if this were the case then why not take the obvious route and make some more users mods so it's possible? out of the 70k+ users surely there are a lot of us that can help out. This would also help prevent reports from being seen 3 Months + later. In my Opinion if a Report is not dealt with, within 3 days should be expired.
being warned after 3 months is just an outrage.

Another solution: you cant pay them with money nor gold but what you can do is start rewarding them with Achievement points. give them points every time for every 1000 reports they deal with, more points for every 1000 forum posts they make.

User Image

Fanboy/Fangirl
300 Points

"Awarded to the Moderator superfan who make 1,000 posts in Gaia Community Discussion."

User Image
Prommie
300 Points

"Awarded to those intrepid Moderators Souls who survive 1,000 posts in General Discussion."

User Image

Really, Gaia? Really?
300 Points + USD$1000

"Awarded to any Admin / Developer who make 1,000 posts in Site Feedback."

With more Moderator activity we reduce troll activity on the forums and less term of service infringements.
Think about it... you wouldn't commit a felony in a police station, would you ?

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

I have a question that i've been pondering.

Why is it that when you click the customize me to change your avatar outfit, it starts off at TOPS? I've just been curious why it starts off at TOPS and not say HATS, when hats is the first in list of the row.

Just something silly I wanted to know the answer for if there was one

Neophyte Soldier

13,075 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
I heard there will be some zOMG achievements! Just want to say how happy I was to hear that! It means Gaia still cares about zOMG.

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
User Image

Hello!
My allergies are really actin' up so I feel miserable today. gonk

I like the philosopher's caches, but I really love the cache bags. It would be awesome if they could be made so that our avatars can hold them, have them by our feet, and maybe have it so they can attach to belts. They are very pretty bags, and it's a real shame that we can't show them off. Even some of the components are very nice lookin', and would be cool if we could equip them as well.

Speakin' of alchemy. Some of the items that we get from rigs are gettin' harder to get, because there is so few of them left, and the prices for them are gettin' very high. Maybe make it so we don't need as many of them. Instead to make up for those items, we could use more items from shops.

Thanks for takin' the time to read, and keep up the good work.

User ImageUser Image

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I just wanted to thank the admins for letting every Gaian post at the ATAs. I am sorry that my petition thread caused such an uproar last week. It was meant to encourage Gaians since rumors were going around that zOMG! was dead and I was just trying to make some realistic suggestions for zOMG! even if only one has the slightest possibility of happening. Keep up the hard work and it’s amazing seeing all the changes happening on the site and how our ATA suggestions are at least considered.

1) Is there a communal litter box for all the cats at Gaia HQ?

2) Any news on the Buccaneer Boardwalk recipes for zOMG!?

3) Can we have a CrosStitch contest for new shoes?

Mama Ame 's Partner

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
Hey admins, Gaia-fisher here! So I had a random thought I just wanted to put forward for funsies. It's totally kick-a** how you catch enough fish to earn an Angelic Rod (I have an Angelic Rod myself, working towards Plus whee ), but I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if there was an option to 'claim' either an Angelic Rod or a Nitemare Rod? Of course it would function just the same in-game, but it'd be a cool option for those who like to proudly represent the 'nitemare' side of Gaia. When Logan sends you the congratulatory PM, he could put an envelope in your inventory for you to pick which one you got, just like the classic MCs. 3nodding
Krissim Klaw
Tempest heard you still need inspiration for a praying mantis companion type item.

Direct Link to the Goods

Wait a minute... didn't you asked for this last week? biggrin

Playful Guildswoman

1. Can you add a link to HoC notices to decline the challenge? And remove them from regular feeds? I do not play it and would like to dial them down.

Can you uncouple Booty Grab Glow notices from the other (pvp) games? Unlike challenges, glow notices are necessary to any person who runs a serious Booty Grab tank (aquarium).

2. To Sisky - There is a long-standing problem with troll topics in 5 Barton, and a glitch which makes it difficult to get to other areas of Barton (I type in 5Bart and am halted). Is each 6 digit code after Barton unique? Even if omitting 5Barton at the Directory is possible, that doesn't help if the instructions for that aren't shown. Please read the pm I am sending, with details.

3. Death to the mad demon Lag Monster! Battle him with will and codebreaking! Support Gaia and Siskataya!

We need to maintain glitch repairs in zOMG and support the site in every way we can while planning projects and support for future zOMG dev -- after the demon is battled into submission by the rewriting of old foundation code!

Couldn't that be part of the backstory of Gaia? Part of the manga and perhaps a mini-event?

Scurvy Pirate

TeezyCat
I heard there will be some zOMG achievements! Just want to say how happy I was to hear that! It means Gaia still cares about zOMG.

Yep, hoping to get them out sooner than later but not ETA just yet.

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
lanzer
Hello everyone!

It's been a crazy week trying to fix the various bugs that came with the green goo glitch fix. One of the previous changes got erased in a recent bug fix and avatar parts are now missing! gonk The new fixes will be posted tomorrow. Sorry for the problems. Hopefully tomorrow's fix will be one of the last that's needed.

Welcome to ATA!

So, then........does that mean you intend to "March Fourth" and claim victory over these glitches? cat_whee cat_xd

1. Would it be at all possible for users to have the ability to selectively erase things from their own topic and/or post history (for example, as a means of protecting older topics from necro-posting)?

2. Would it also be possible for users to have the ability to lock their own topics, particularly if the topic creator feels that they're getting a little too out of hand (meaning that when a topic is "locked", it goes straight to the "Recycle Bin" forum)?

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

It is March and Spring is on its way! Anyone at HQ looking forward to what Spring brings (outside of allergies and an increase in insect activity)? I have been busy with the beginnings of making some jewelry to sell, so I am looking forward to any money that will bring so I may enjoy a few local conventions that are set to take place in the next few months.

All the glitches! emotion_awesome

Still waiting on Rocky Horror items. wink

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
Hello ATA, I was recently banned for something that was most certainly a complete mix up and that I was NOT a part of. The message I recieved in my email (for the account Kuyashii) said "Exchange of Gaia Gold/Items for real life currency", I have never exchanged gold for real life currency. I was fully aware of this rule and I have always chose to purchase Gaia Cash. I have never used any outside source to gain items or gold, nor have I sold someone gold for real life currency. All of my gold has been earned by selling items that I got by using Gaia Cash or Gaia Gold. My ban is unjustified and I'd like to know about any information that can further justify your reasoning on my ban. I am a very responcible Gaian, I have never cheated or hacked in anyway, I have always enforced the rules. I think using an outside source to gain gold is unreasonable and wrong, and making money off of Gaia Gold is just as wrong because the gold belongs to Gaia.

Also, rally still has major issues that need to fixed and some of us don't want to wait till summer, many of my friends have quit because of this, but rally is constantly kicking people and freezing, it lags horribly, and there is no way to get in touch with your friends other than with a really badly implemented transport system that only works seldomly. Please get Codemonkey to work on this, I think it's pretty important seeing as how 10+ friends of mine have quit Gaia over this and I'm sure many others.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff