Welcome to Gaia! ::

SS2-SITH LORD
Good Evening Admin. Please! Answer any or All questions!

I have three questions, and an ongoing issue to make you aware of if you're not already.

1. Was there ever a winner in the Fortune Cookie contest? I don't remember seeing a winner announced.

2. Is Soul Crash going to be brought to Gaia? I would really like to play some of the games you have on facebook but refuse to join. I know of others who feel the same way.

3. Do you have a date set on Monster Galaxy being released on the site? DJ Helsing mentioned it in the monthly video.

And the issue is with Aquariums!
( Big surprise right? )
Seriously though. There are still Ghost fish in peoples tanks. Gaia is loosing out on profit because of this and this problem is spiraling out of control! There are gaians with fully ghosted tanks right now and earning profit from them! I will find proof if need be!

Also! Thank you for the Cash shop release yesterday! BIG SKYRIM FAN!!!!

Yes there is a winner chosen, DJ should have announced it, and if not, we'll be announcing it soon!

Soul Crash might not make it to Gaia as it's a published title and we only have rights to release it on Facebook. Sorry.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Contact a moderator to see if your trading pass was revoked for some reason.

Toxic Necessities
Hello there.
My gaia has been locked out of the market place for some odd reason. It's stayed that way since I first made this account and I'm not really too sure what I can do to fix that. Can someone please help me with this problem of mine?

Time-traveling Senshi

Hi-Potion
Chibi Halo
Hi-Potion
Yeata Zi
Hi-Potion
As is mine... and my homestuck question is rather important, since im coordinating with Rachel from MSPA, she handle copyright... And very few questions overall have been answered this round. The ******** think it's just all of these pages. I figure if you wre in the first couple of pages you should get an answer.

Well... I hope so.
I was one of the first 5-6 posters on the first page. :I
I feel like that question is being purposely ignored.

If you post with "Reserved" to get on page one before you make your post it's most likely he will overlook it by the time you write out your post.

Nope. I had my post typed up hours before ATA, so it was never "reserved"

Well I'm sure you saw by now he answered it.

Scurvy Pirate

Knight Yoshi
carbonphyber

Can you speak for some of the other questions? Such as Backyard Monsters, report button for profiles, account settings organization, outfits arranger and some of the other questions?

As well, for the filter I realize why you have it so that somebody can't end the embedded stylesheet prematurely, and add scripts. But surely you can set the filter to be better detecting to allow it?

It's on the list, sit tight smile

Greedy Fatcat

Memory Haunts You

"We took our shot": Could you please clarify this a bit more, do you mean the things that have been done to make zOMG! profitable, lately, do you mean the release of DMS?
Can you explain why you were not satisfied with the results? What exactly was it that was expected?

"The more users we reach" I still maintain that it is possible to reach more users with zOMG! if the many suggestions for its integration in the site would be carried out better and more promptly.

"I hope everyone can relate to that just a little bit": sorry, no I can't, not if "something new and shiny" goes at the cost of something old and worthwhile.

"I'm sorry expectations weren't communicated well and I hope this clears some things up"
It's a start and I thank you for it, but may I suggest posting something like this as a "Site Announcement"?

There are more people who play zOMG! than visit the forum or the AtA. In the Site Feedback, when some people started threads about zOMG!, some other people rolled in who were really shocked and taken aback at what was happening, but had not heard of it yet. I'm sure there are more people lurking around in-game and on Gaia in general who may want to know.

It would be good to announce clearly what is happening and why, along with some reassurance that the *maintenance* of zOMG!, for example server cycling, will still be taken care of on a regular basis. Because if this is not communicated clearly, officially and site-wide, a whole lot of rumours start floating around and causing panic among the less-forum-attending players.
Thanks in advance!

The shot we took was ... well, the whole production and launch and subsequent promotion. DMS was another shot, but we didn't go into with the same level of confidence. As far as result satisfaction, the goal posts moved around quite a bit. Originally we didn't envision such a comprehensive MMO, but that is what the scope eventually provided. At that point our expectations increased to include user base growth, revenue, outside acquisition. I personally would have liked to see about 5X as much overall activity in all of those areas. I wasn't in a position to make the decision and I don't know exactly what metrics were used.

Barton Sweetheart

Uncle Haijin
So anyway, is there any chance of y'all just releasing the quest/endboss dialogue for zOMG's Deadman's Shadow? The users who have actually beat it are ultra secretive about it and I'm curious since the quest line deals with old, important NPCs: the Von Helsons. I just want to know because I'm a GCDer and it'd be good to know for characterization purposes. Some of us still do make NPC discussion threads.

There are uncensored threads in the zOMG forum just ask in that place and someone will link you to it.

We don't bite honest emotion_c8

Dangerous Visionary

Madkool
The zOMG questions are kind of beating a dead horse, guys.

Dark has done a pretty good job explaining the concerns. It sucks what happened to zOMG, but it appears to be an upper management decision that is not going to be resolved right now xP

Oh thank you and yeah its not just ZOMG its MOST features here that follow this same deadly and pretty abusive pattern and I would like for it to stop. Its scary how many people are agreeing with me because that means it really is a BIG problem that Gaia should focus on. (I thought I was a minority in this). Again I rather have the same old stuff but have that updated and respected then a billion stuff that doesn't appeal to me and will just end up like everything else on this site.

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't like things like Gaia Chess/Checkers, a FPS, and other great ideas that people in the SF have been plugging for years the problem is I know that tomorrow's games/features will end up like the ones we have today. Seriously, will they ever do anything with Slots? Cards? Whatever happen to the Word credit exchange? Flowers? Paper? Is there any use for diftwood yet? See how many items and feature just get left to die along the way! Its doesn't make sense to me but again hey I'm a just a preschool teacher not a business student or anything. emotion_eyebrow

Animated Animated

24,175 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • ReAnimated 50
Hi there! I have a few questions...

1) Any plans for any new iOS apps?
2) Has any info on the new game been released yet?
3) Will there be an app for said game?
4) (Not a question) Please consider the alchemy drops to zOMG! smile

Thank you!

Enigmatic Codger

Panagrammic
Recycling is much easier. Last time we recycled a zOMG event, though, there were many complaints IIRC.

Android Amber
WideEyed
DARKNRGY
We all want something new and shiny.

Actually, with certain qulifications of course, we don't.
Personally, I have no interest in playing another game.
Especially one that has no place with the established Gaia Canon.

I play zOMG! because I love Gaia, and I love being able to take my avatar into zOMG!, wearing all of the items that I pay for in the Cash Shops and MP, and even earning a bit of Gold to supplement those purchases.

If I'm going to play a game that has essentially nothing to do with Gaia other than perhaps being able to be launched from the site, I might as well go and try one of the other games I constantly see advertised here and elsewhere on the web.

While all of us who play zOMG! regularly would love to know that there were going to be new areas for us in the future, I think a lot of us would settle for merely having the glitches that constantly frustrate existing players and deter new players from getting thoroughly hooked on the game, fixed, and having our Events.
Even recycled Events.

Gaia could easily advertise zOMG!, and do so to a targeted audience by placing ads alongside their current Facebook properties.
They could increase internal usership by adding to the number of Alchemy components that can be only found in zOMG!
We have already proven our willinglness to pay for new content through the sale of BB Head Start Tickets and Bloodstone Items.They could institute a "pay as you play" model on new areas, while leaving the existing content free to play, thus keeping the game free to start and attractive to new users, while generating revenue for new content.
And those are only my ideas (or ideas I've appropriated from discussions with other concerned zOMGaians.
There have been more feasible suggestions in this ATA, and there could easily be more were we to ever be honestly brought into the discussion.
I think recycling event is a great idea. If you can't/won't give us new ones...then why not pacify us with giving the old ones again? Is there some reason Gaia can't do that?

i'm generally happy with the recycling. wish it had been done at halloween and christmas.

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Lanzer
Yes there is a winner chosen, DJ should have announced it, and if not, we'll be announcing it soon!

Soul Crash might not make it to Gaia as it's a published title and we only have rights to release it on Facebook. Sorry.

Soul crash started out in korea, right?

Friendly Poster

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Imnot trolling im just pissed by your excuses why you cant make gaia towns an app for apple like other games like star legends and pocket legends
Why cant you do what those games did
do youjust not care abiut gaia anymire and only care about facebook

Try working on it

Master Cliff Fate's Partner In Crime

Tiny Bunny

17,950 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
SS2-SITH LORD
The Bunit
SS2-SITH LORD
Scobre
SS2-SITH LORD

Technology changes. I'm sure if Gaia stats fresh they can make something better. Sometimes it's better to buy a new house or car than keep fixing the old one!

I agree with you that technology does change. I think zOMG! community would be happy if a sequel to the game was eventually released that could allow it to connect to facebook and possibly pvp into it. All games have upgraded versions of the same game and it wouldn't be a bad idea to do it with zOMG! if needed.

Except the first game failed. Anyone who knows about producing video games knows you hope to earn profit i the first game and use it for the sequel. If you don't earn enough profit, no sequel!
They want to work on something fresh and turn a new stone!

But the thing is, that they aren't going to make users happy with "something new and fresh." We've been promised for years now that they were working on zOMG glitches. Why would we invest time in something else, when our faith has been broken with the higher ups on the site. Because if zOMG is any indication... they'll get us attached to it. (I grew up with zOMG...) and then if it's not as profitable as they hoped, they'll cut it.

Yeah.. that's a really wonderful way to keep us here.

Bottom line is: they need to keep the promises they made, or what good is their word on the next campaign they try?

If you have faith in Gaia then you should at least try what they create next. You can't say you don't like it if you haven't seen it. I support Gaia as a whole. I have faith in them being able to adjust their company to be profitable.

But that's the point. Why have faith, if we think that we'll be burned again? Many parts of the site are ignored, while new things are brought in. We want more than just a bandaid put over an open wound. Gaia - we're here for what we have - please try and fix the minor things, and not shove them under the rug to collect dust.

Question for Lanzer if you get the time - Is there any chance that guilds will receive a much needed update?

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Lanzer
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Evening, Lanzer.

When will you stop this vicious cycle of releasing and abandoning new features? All this is doing is giving your site a bad reputation of not being able to maintain your features. The only reason Homes and Towns are getting updates now is because the userbase had to keep pestering you about it until something was done. Now, I hear that zOMG! is getting shelved so that you can focus on more facebook games.

Why so much emphasis on facebook? Have you forgotten about Gaiaonline and its users? Have you even thought to promote this site and its features through your facebook games? I find this to be upsetting and a bad business move. I know you're better than this. Time to shape up or ship out.

Since zOMG! isn't going to be getting updates anytime soon, can you allow swarf some time to fix the game's glitches? Like the orb count visual glitch, the lag, the broken quest chains and silent NPCs. How can you expect to get more people playing zOMG! if it's broken? And another thing. Can you at least release DMS to the public permanently and add games to Buccaneer Boardwalk?

Edit: Here's something else that I would like to know. If you have a separate team working on facebook games, why pull staff from Gaia's features to work on them?

We'd love to do more for Gaians but one challenge we have is that we had been building features and event for 9 years now. With 3 dozen games and features it is an impossible task to update everything at once, and unfortunately most updates are done when it's overdue for an update.

At Gaia we continue to have a team that's focused on serving Gaia members, while there are other teams building other things. It's a simple equation where Gaiaonline can support X number of devs and artists, while other titles can support Y number of devs. If we don't make other games, we would not have X+Y number of staff in the company, and we would only have X number of staff on board. Hope that makes sense...
It just sounds like you're doing too many things at once and it's all being rushed. Sooner or later, that's going to come back to bite you in the a**.
Thank you for joining us on this week's ATA everyone! The response is overwhelming and I'm sorry we can't get to all your questions. Please join us again on next week's ATA if we couldn't get to your question day. See you next week!

Celebrating Gaian

Lanzer
SS2-SITH LORD
Good Evening Admin. Please! Answer any or All questions!

I have three questions, and an ongoing issue to make you aware of if you're not already.

1. Was there ever a winner in the Fortune Cookie contest? I don't remember seeing a winner announced.

2. Is Soul Crash going to be brought to Gaia? I would really like to play some of the games you have on facebook but refuse to join. I know of others who feel the same way.

3. Do you have a date set on Monster Galaxy being released on the site? DJ Helsing mentioned it in the monthly video.

And the issue is with Aquariums!
( Big surprise right? )
Seriously though. There are still Ghost fish in peoples tanks. Gaia is loosing out on profit because of this and this problem is spiraling out of control! There are gaians with fully ghosted tanks right now and earning profit from them! I will find proof if need be!

Also! Thank you for the Cash shop release yesterday! BIG SKYRIM FAN!!!!

Thanks for the response. I hope to see the winners entry!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff