Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Oh, and a few more curiosities. I saw pictures of two new games that Gaia's been creating from the con, the epic looking dragon-RPG game, and a game based around cats. Are those to be released on Gaia, Facebook, or where?

And also, will we be able to see Monster Galaxy on Gaia soon? I can't wait!~

Benevolent Feeder

Would you please look into getting Pietro evolved?

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Crystal Sparda
Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════════

2) How involved is Gaia staff in moderator applications?
            I just ask, as it seems that the moderators seem behind and lacking.
            I applied about a year and a half ago and still haven't been accepted or declined.

Heya Crystal Sparda,

Thanks for the question about moderator applications! We know there have been issues with application for a good while now, and we are sorry for any frustration this may have caused applicants. The good news is that we have recently made fixes to the system, and are currently working on resolving the outstanding applications and taking new applications. We expect to have a round of new mod training underway soon, so keep looking for it.

Have a great evening! biggrin
Sisky

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Jello Lime
I was wondering if the Gaia staff was planning to make another one of those funny videos for their 9th anniversary?

Also, are the Devs getting a lot of valentines?

Sorry no silly videos planned for this anniversary. So far I've received over 250 Valentines.

Playful Guildswoman

Crystal Sparda
Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════════
            1) Is a tattoo update in the process, or has it not been discussed yet?
            We'd really appreciate an update, as we haven't had one in years. *pout*

2) How involved is Gaia staff in moderator applications?
            I just ask, as it seems that the moderators seem behind and lacking.
            I applied about a year and a half ago and still haven't been accepted or declined.

3) Any news on the "create an item" contests front?
            Has there been any talk on having another one?

4) (For any staff to answer) Is ghosting items 100% against the rules,
            or is it okay to just ghost items on your mules purely for visual purposes?

This has been a long debated issue and I believe it would be nice to get
            at least a few admin's opinions or rulings on the matter.

5) Just a suggestion, but can you guys work on updating
            the captchas in report forms so that they match the ones in post submission?

It is still on the old ones and those are getting complicated to read.

6) How close are we to the release of Towns 2.0?

What is ghosting items?

Distinct Explorer

Panagrammic
Unfortunately, probably you'll just have to squint and ignore the fact that they're non-canon. It would be really hard to reconcile some of our upcoming games with the Gaia storyline.

(It's hard enough keeping the Gaia storyline consistent -- trying to manage a storyline across nn different properties, different development and writing teams, so on and so forth, would be really challenging.)

Fractale
Panagrammic
MrsrachaelSnape

1. Will all facebook games come to gaia at one point?

Not all of them, but definitely the ones that we think might appeal to the Gaia community.
If they come to gaia, does that mean the areas in them will be canon to Gaia-land? emotion_kirakira
*crosses fingers*

damn you, Pan! *flips table*
they don't have to be tied into the storyline to be canon emo they can just be set in different areas of the Gaiw world that we'll never see make it to the manga, while everyone's focused on the 4 main towns all the time. crying
but the games are made by Gaia, so they should be canon areas and characters.

Dapper Dabbler

Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
How would you guys feel about making a running team to raise money for charity or having a charity-supporting softball game? And by running I mean 5Ks, 10Ks, fun runs, and half- and full marathons

As someone who's done a handful of triathlons and half-marathons, I love this idea. We just don't have that many people here who are into running.

But if anyone is doing the team relay that goes from Napa to Santa Cruz over a 30 hour period, you'll see me there. In fact, please pick my body out from the gutter smile

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

14,950 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
biglanky14
3) I dunno - I'll have to ask the art team smile
Um... why hasn't this already been done?
We had the other three Harry Potter houses come out in sequential RIGs.

I would really like Opera Phantomess's questions answered.

Invisible Cat

biglanky14
MrsrachaelSnape
Hello staffers!

my questions are:

1. Will all facebook games come to gaia at one point?
2.You think houses one day can have where we can have more than one room?
3. can the item wizard school have a re color of black and yellow?

Hi MRS,

Good to see you! Let me take a crack at your questions in order:

1) Probably not all of them, although some will (we're hoping to have a non-Facebook version of MoGa on the site fairly soon, for example). Our Social Games team works with a number of partners in developing the games, and depending on our contract, we can only release games through certain channels (e.g. Facebook). We'll bring over those we can.

2) It's possible. We've kicked around a bunch of ideas for Housing, and that's one of them, although it's by no means a sure thing at all. If it did happen, it wouldn't be for awhile though because of all the other stuff we're already working on.

^_^ I had to after you guys made sure we had an ata this week. I would to be able to seat on chairs in our home.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
The dragon-RPG game will be FB but we'd like to release on Gaia as well if we can manage it correctly. (Actually, we'll probably be grabbing Gaia users to help us playtest, as well).

Monster Galaxy on Gaia is imminent.

Diamond Cache
Oh, and a few more curiosities. I saw pictures of two new games that Gaia's been creating from the con, the epic looking dragon-RPG game, and a game based around cats. Are those to be released on Gaia, Facebook, or where?

And also, will we be able to see Monster Galaxy on Gaia soon? I can't wait!~

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Fractale
The Undead Suitor
When is the next plot update?

And will zhivago kill everyone?

I hope so. He's the only villain we have.
don't make me get out the dictionary again, Suitor.
Zhivago's an incompetent lapdog. He can't kill anyone- except Johnny. His track record proves he's been able t kill only 1 of his victims, throughout the course of history.
Lousy shot, and didn't kill Ian
or Louie
Or Gino.
Or Meili (?)

Heh heh

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

Good day, Lanzer and all of Gaia staff! I can't really remember the last time I've posted in here! I only have two questions:

1.) Are we going to be getting anymore accessories for future gold shop updates? Like more jewelry (chokers, bracelets, watches, rings even), bag accessories (satchels, clutches, wallets, school backpacks, coin purses), and the like? We seem to be lacking in those departments and it would be nifty to see some more nice items in the shops!

2.)What of Gaia's police force? Besides the Barton Regulars, aren't there any police forces in the other towns? Or is it just Durem since it seems to be the town of law? The only time I've seen actual officers was during the Trial of Ian (bailiffs) and that one comic that had Lanzer (I think) getting arrested.

Dapper Dabbler

NothingGold
Would you please look into getting Pietro evolved?

Hi NothingGold,

We are looking into it - I know that this has been a big question for awhile. No promises on anything, but we are looking into it.

Invisible Cat

sgkat
biglanky14
Um... why hasn't this already been done?
We had the other three Harry Potter houses come out in sequential RIGs.

I would really like Opera Phantomess's questions answered.

not in hufflepuff color's
Existential Existence
COPY + PASTE!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yay for ATA!!!! *picks your brain*

1) Are there any contests planned in the future where users can submit original content to be judged and made into items? People are pointing out that user-designed items are being tagged with a red spool of thread so I was wondering if maybe that was due to user-made item contests getting a revival of some sort.
2) How old are Gino and Meili? If that info is not available...how old do you picture them to be? biggrin
3) Have any new news about what's going to be done with the drops from the aquarium lite fish?

Also great MC video!! That was funny! Skit commercials are the best. It reminded me of this Gaia commercial someone posted up a while ago.

Louie > Ian!!!

emotion_bigheart HAPPY LATE VALENTINES emotion_bigheart
Thanks for re-scheduling ATA!!

Yeah we're going to bring item contest back. Working on details and hopefully we'll have details for you all pretty soon.

Gino's in his early 20's and Meili's old... he's a demi-god so he's been around for a while.

Gaians will be able to see what the items are for when the time comes. Please wait and see!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff