Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

20,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Sextans
User Image

#6 Are we allowed to encourage Gaians to like us on Facebook by offering rewards like 1000g per "vote" ?

my concern is that some Moderators have claimed that such action is taken as Off-site Trading.

I remember awhile back you asked the users to like Gaia on facebook and in return we had a chance of helping you win something and IF you won, we( the users) got a prize out of it.

You use the same tactics your Moderators say others can't do, you set a double standard. User Image
A double standard is the application of different sets of principles for similar situations, or to different people in the same situation. A double standard may take the form of an instance in which certain concepts (often, for example, a word, phrase, social norm, or rule) are perceived as acceptable to be applied by one group of people, but are considered unacceptable when applied by another group.

You can do it but others can't, that´s a messed up example you set for the users, it's very Confusing but Acceptable If we knew the real reason you desperately needed those votes.
you needed the popularity on Facebook to attract more sponsors?You say it's so you will have our support, want us to watch more ads? we'll do it if that is necessary just to keep this site alive. sure, no problem.
How to White-List Ads on Gaia

In 2008 when i joined Gaia, for me it was really hard to earn 1000g,I had to play Pinball User Image120 minutes to get that amount of gold gaia_gaiagold , today in 2013,1000g is nothing.

One of the reasons for bringing this up is because recently I was accused of doing this but No evidence was found User Image , someone gave 1000 gold gaia_gaiagold as a tip (not a donation, I Sextans do not accept donations ) for a posted opinion in the Gaia Forums. i have never voted on Something off-site, never!

Also in regards to the tip function,this should be considered the same thing but just more than 25gold.
6-1 They liked my post and they wanted to tip me 1000g , so do tips suddenly violate the Tos?

6-2 Why would anyone want to put their account and reputation at risk for a simple 1000 gold gaia_gaiagold reward ?

Maybe clarifying a few things could help future problems involving these things,setting a double standard doesn't help us.

but i'll gladly take the Official Warning from you "Jefe de Jefes" whatever it takes to make a point Lanzer,hoping a misunderstanding like this never happens again to a fellow gaian.

Taking such action is considered off-site trading. You are using Gaia Online as an advertising and promotion platform for your product/service/page/etc on Facebook and offering Gaia Gold as compensation. We do not allow this because, first, you are advertising through means that we have not authorized. Two, you are using our copyrighted material to support this advertising. This is current policy, we can, obviously, look into changing this to fit whatever needs we see fit, but moderators are correct, this is not allowed. Additionally, another reason is that we have no way to verify if the person has actually liked your Facebook page, there's no way we can verify anything that the user has done.

Fluffy Cat

19,500 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
Could we get the npc artwork from this event uploaded onto the artist's corner page? Specifically the art that pops up when you get the daily chocolate box item.

It would be nice if the past npc art from the shops was uploaded onto that page too. It'd be nice to see all the past npc holiday art.

Dangerous Lunatic

20,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Scobre
Liking the two newest changes in staff alerts. biggrin Awesome job on the event and it's time well enough that even kids in school can have time to do the event. I like the combining the two events idea.

1) Can we have fail/win items for Uncle Kenny's prediction to beat the 2010 record of users?
I was thinking flying nyon waffles item for the win and either a pregnant diedrich or summon Marshall for the loss. LOL
2) Can zOMG! forums please get some moderators?
The forum is a mess and not even searching for missplaced threads is helping enoug.
3) Could zOMG! forums get a subforum for when people leave Gaia so they can say bye to their friends in the community and give away items without being judged?

2. I believe we've actually got a couple of mods in there, it sounds like what you might want is some FAs. Something we can look into.

3. Possibility, we'd have to review it and see if it's worth doing.

Fluffy Cat

19,500 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
I was wondering if Flynn's mp shop will have newer items added to it. Is it just gonna be items from banned accounts or will it do limited releases of items like the backwings alchemy formulas or chance item pets.

Dangerous Lunatic

20,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Squee Nii
Zero Omega
Is it my turn yet? ; u ;

I received over 150 PMs over the weekend, I'm still trying to find out where all my old ones are. gonk

Sparkly Stalker

22,350 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
*lurks*

thanks lanzer and thanks gaia staff for this epic party. <3 i think i know what i'm doing on single awareness day. emotion_awesome drown my sorrows by playing and posting on gaia. biggrin

questions... umm.. well... what were they.. :/

1. sdplus real swarf doll. pretty please? emotion_kirakira
2. krissim's queen mantis item. emotion_kirakira
3. facial hair. emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

what? bearded ladies are cool too.

okay maybe those were questions or just filler since, i don't have any questions. xd

*goes back to lurk mode*

Fashionable Visionary

13,150 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Scobre
Liking the two newest changes in staff alerts. biggrin Awesome job on the event and it's time well enough that even kids in school can have time to do the event. I like the combining the two events idea.

1) Can we have fail/win items for Uncle Kenny's prediction to beat the 2010 record of users?
I was thinking flying nyon waffles item for the win and either a pregnant diedrich or summon Marshall for the loss. LOL

The forum is a mess and not even searching for missplaced threads is helping enoug.

3) Could zOMG! forums get a subforum for when people leave Gaia so they can say bye to their friends in the community and give away items without being judged?

4) What will happen to Gaia social games if Twitter and Pinterest are predicted to far surpass Facebook?

1. Sadly no, not enough time to do so

2. Not my area sweatdrop

3. Not my area sweatdrop

Durem Mage

18,850 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Good evening Gaia Staff! First off I want to thank you for this awesome event!! heart I love this year's V-Day items!!! emotion_kirakira I almost wish we gotten a matching dress or shirt & pants to go with them. Other than that they are awesome! Thank you to whoever made them!!

1. I want to seriously thank you for the Lunar Snake Bundle!!! emotion_kirakira Especially the background. I've been waiting for a moonlit rooftop background for ages!!!! >w<

2. We need melon pan on Gaia! We already have a mood bubble for it, why not some we can hold and munch on!

3. Black recolor of the Juno's Lace.

4. Can we get a prehistoric RIG one day please. With dinosaurs, cavemen, prehistoric backgrounds, bones, etc.
lanzer

Happy anniversay!
Can't help but be curious - how many of the original staff are still here in an official capacity?

Thieving Tipper

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
ALSO:
If you could get any MC letter from any month of any year, what would it be?

For me: Angelic Halo would be nice, but...I'd prefer to get that one on my own. ninja
~King Awesome

Bunny

It's so quiet here because there was no announcement made o.0

Do you think we eventually can have an animated meteor shower item made? It's been requested by many! ^__^

Also: You guys did an outstanding job on the event and anniversary items.

Learned Informer

19,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
lanzer
Happy Gaia Anniversary Everyone!

I want to spend time to thank all those who had been hanging out with us on a weekly basis, especially Platonix's amazing commitment in maintaining the ATA answer compilations. Hats off to you all!

* Toasts with a glass of User Image

Happy to be of service! Congrats to all of you! biggrin

Anxious Bunny

19,350 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Hi~

Thanks for the event. I'm loving the cute items and artwork -- especially the artwork in the popup for each 10th anniversary item. I just find it a little sad that we only see it once and it seems to be nowhere else sad Also, those chocolates in the box looks really nice. It would be great if we could use them as emotes in the "yummies" category or even on our avatars biggrin
This is for the artists of Gaia!

Is it possible to fix the layering of the SDPlus Hesperis doll headdress so that hats layer over the headdress?

Most hats show up like this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
or don't even equip at all, which makes it hard to use hats with the item. Thanks and happy anniversary Gaia!

Inquisitive Bookworm

19,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
Zero Omega
Scobre

2. I believe we've actually got a couple of mods in there, it sounds like what you might want is some FAs. Something we can look into.

3. Possibility, we'd have to review it and see if it's worth doing.

Thank you and yeah the forums need a bit more help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games