Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy Gaia Anniversary Everyone!

It's been an amazing 10 years, and we're especially happy here to chat with you all today! Be sure to check out our classic Go-Gaia webpage and find your hidden treasure. 3nodding

Though ATA haven't had only been around for only 5 years, I want to spend time to thank all those who had been hanging out with us on a weekly basis, especially Platonix's amazing commitment in maintaining the ATA answer compilations. Hats off to you all!

For those who haven't yet, do check out the Gaia Anniversary Thread where most of us contributed!

Gaia Anniversary Thread

Winged Demon

16,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm not sure what to ask so I'll just ask this: Will the upcoming alchemy changes have many new formulas or any? o:

Yay first post. emotion_awesome
User Image

User Image

#6 Are we allowed to encourage Gaians to like us on Facebook by offering rewards like 1000g per "vote" ?

my concern is that some Moderators have claimed that such action is taken as Off-site Trading.

I remember awhile back you asked the users to like Gaia on facebook and in return we had a chance of helping you win something and IF you won, we( the users) got a prize out of it.

You use the same tactics your Moderators say others can't do, you set a double standard. User Image
A double standard is the application of different sets of principles for similar situations, or to different people in the same situation. A double standard may take the form of an instance in which certain concepts (often, for example, a word, phrase, social norm, or rule) are perceived as acceptable to be applied by one group of people, but are considered unacceptable when applied by another group.

You can do it but others can't, that´s a messed up example you set for the users, it's very Confusing but Acceptable If we knew the real reason you desperately needed those votes.
you needed the popularity on Facebook to attract more sponsors?You say it's so you will have our support, want us to watch more ads? we'll do it if that is necessary just to keep this site alive. sure, no problem.
How to White-List Ads on Gaia

In 2008 when i joined Gaia, for me it was really hard to earn 1000g,I had to play Pinball User Image120 minutes to get that amount of gold gaia_gaiagold , today in 2013,1000g is nothing.

One of the reasons for bringing this up is because recently I was accused of doing this but No evidence was found User Image , someone gave 1000 gold gaia_gaiagold as a tip (not a donation, I Sextans do not accept donations ) for a posted opinion in the Gaia Forums. i have never voted on Something off-site, never!

Also in regards to the tip function,this should be considered the same thing but just more than 25gold.
6-1 They liked my post and they wanted to tip me 1000g , so do tips suddenly violate the Tos?

6-2 Why would anyone want to put their account and reputation at risk for a simple 1000 gold gaia_gaiagold reward ?

Maybe clarifying a few things could help future problems involving these things,setting a double standard doesn't help us.

but i'll gladly take the Official Warning from you "Jefe de Jefes" whatever it takes to make a point Lanzer,hoping a misunderstanding like this never happens again to a fellow gaian.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Happy Anniversary! I'm enjoying the event and I like all the items for far. Now, to my question.

- zOMG! Glitch Fixes: Make any new progress?

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
IS THIS OFFICIAL?

And, can the disgruntled contest ferret be named after me? ninja
~King Awesome

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Liking the two newest changes in staff alerts. biggrin Awesome job on the event and it's time well enough that even kids in school can have time to do the event. I like the combining the two events idea.

1) Can we have fail/win items for Uncle Kenny's prediction to beat the 2010 record of users?
I was thinking flying nyon waffles item for the win and either a pregnant diedrich or summon Marshall for the loss. LOL

2) Can zOMG! forums please get some moderators?
The forum is a mess and not even searching for missplaced threads is helping enoug.

3) Could zOMG! forums get a subforum for when people leave Gaia so they can say bye to their friends in the community and give away items without being judged?

4) What will happen to Gaia social games if Twitter and Pinterest are predicted to far surpass Facebook?

Romantic Genius

Hey Everyone.

I have a few questions to bring up today 3nodding

1 ... Can we have a search bar in storage lockup? Surely above it somewhere it can be added. Believe me, when I say that having ALOT of items in there, makes it hard to find them. Search bar will cut that work load by a lot. sweatdrop

2... I had a very bad time earlier this morning, when I found out there was an extra delete all button, to which deleted nearly 5 pages of pm's. Pm's that weren't read yet. I never noticed that button until today. PLEASE Don't leave it next to the other one. We'll end up mixing it up too much. crying Sorry to anyone who did sent me a pm, please know that it was accidental. stressed

3... Loving the event, and so much fun. But just a little slow at pages loading. And when sending out Greetings, it won't let me send too many..I'm lucky if I can send 3 - 4 ...Then I gotta wait for about 10 minutes until next lot. gonk

4... I'm trying to reach a record of Greetings sent to me .. To which is 1000 .... So whoever reads this, please help? 4laugh

Thanks to who ever replies to this and also Happy V-day-Versary everyone. whee

User Image
Hi Gaia staff! I love the event and items so far, thanks for all the work you put into it!
I actually have a question this time - I was wondering if there would be like some kind of mini even for St. Patrick's day? Or maybe a couple items. That would be pretty amazing~ :3
Ps. trying to collect 500 Candies~ Help would be appreciated! emotion_kirakira

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Uesugi Ankit
I'm not sure what to ask so I'll just ask this: Will the upcoming alchemy changes have many new formulas or any? o:

Will have a few.

Malevolent Gaian

-materializes and lurks behind Sisky-

I'm not here...I'm lurking. Can't see meeeeee...

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
lanzer
Happy Gaia Anniversary Everyone!

It's been an amazing 10 years, and we're especially happy here to chat with you all today! Be sure to check out our classic Go-Gaia webpage and find your hidden treasure. 3nodding

Though ATA haven't had only been around for only 5 years, I want to spend time to thank all those who had been hanging out with us on a weekly basis, especially Platonix's amazing commitment in maintaining the ATA answer compilations. Hats off to you all!

For those who haven't yet, do check out the Gaia Anniversary Thread where most of us contributed!

Gaia Anniversary Thread

1. Would it be at all possible and/or feasible to alter the Marketplace settings so that, instead of waiting until after an item sells, the "listing fee" would have to be paid immediately?

2. I have my "Feeds" settings modified to show "fewer" results for things like topic replies & Marketplace notices, yet it seems like that's all I get every hour or so. I'm just wondering, is this a glitch, or common behavior for that particular feature?

3. Considering the sudden flood of PMs many of us are getting due to this event, are our older PMs deleted and/or our newer PMs left unsent if our Inboxes are at their storage limit?

4. Is there any reason why status messages on the "My Gaia" page frequently vanish & re-appear without warning, and could this possibly be looked into at some point in order to find out what's wrong?

IRL Millionaire

Zero Omega
Is it my turn yet? ; u ;

Winged Demon

16,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Narumi Misuhara
Uesugi Ankit

Will have a few.

Any hints? :c Like new items or old items?

IRL Man-Lover

Hello Lanzer and other admins, I wanted to know if you guys are ever planning to release the grombie skin from 05!?

Also any word if you are ever going to release the G-corp clothes items? (Like the pants, shoes, and hat that they wore?)

Thanks for making Gaia! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces