Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,850 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
Lanzer-kun! Lanzer-kun! Could you give any info on any expansions for ZOMG?
yo, fist of all thanx for making gaia, awesome place to hang ^^
lemme see, as an artist and character designer i thought the item contests were awesome, y'know like the stocking one, was awesome and i would love to see more of those, there are some really awesome creative people on here and it's fun to see what they all think ^^

Familiar Cat

11,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
have a good week gaia staff, and lets hope to have a smooth v-day on gaia! heart
I'm sorry to say that as we made more and more features the art team had been spending time supporting features, and games rather than working on the NPC comic. I'm trying to get more help and hopefully we'll follow the old tradition again.

Have a great week everyone!

Smalltimejazz
Lanzer, is it true that you aren't going to incorporate the plot in the upcoming events? Why not? I would love it if Gaia did some more interaction between NPCs and Gaians like they did back in the day.
Sorry for my disappearing act. I was sucked into a heated discussion about giving out more gold for doing stuff on Gaia (yay!). Nothing concrete yet, but it's somewhere in the future. In the meanwhile, take care of your aquarium and it'll take care of you wink

As for question:

Feline-Of-Life
Stagger! why are you on fire?

random question i asked last week just before ATA closed.

Global warming resulted in local combustion burning_eyes

Rapture Porcelain Doll
Wow, I actually made it. First time in awhile.

My question is, I understand the Oni Set was from failing to level up a fortune egg, therefore acts as a fail coin that are soulbound, but will the Oni Set ever become unsoulbound?
I have a friend who wants one and I have one I want to give to her. You see my dilemma.

Oni Set is soulbound not because it's a fail item. In the contrary. Oni Set is soulbound because it's supposed to a special kind of item - a new kind - that signifies luck. You can't buy luck - you have to be lucky to get it. You can't buy luck with gold and you can't buy luck with cash - you need to be lucky yourself.

Siah-J
How can users protect themselves against the risk of buying "corrupted" items in Marketplace? Like items that come from hackers or botters and that we can't distinguish among other items. I heard one can be banned for buying such items.

At Sagger:

Is it only my impression, or are the prices of items rising in Marketplace in general? Is it inflation? If so it is, what's the reason?

<3

One can not get banned just for buying "corrupted" items. In fact, there are no "corrupted" items. Buying items that come from hackers or botters for normal prices won't get you banned - at most, the trade will be reversed. We have a dedicated team of moderators who spend countless hours on investigating each of the very few hacking cases that happen on Gaia (and for a community this big - we have very few hackings), and they do their best to make sure that innocent people don't get banned.

About price: some prices in the MP are on the rise. What you should be looking at is the long-term graphs (the one year graph) in order to asses what's going on. Prices are rising for a combination of reasons - and different items behave differently. Some items' prices are going down as well.
In the coming weeks and months we'll be adjusting the flow of gold in and out of Gaia, to make sure that it's fun and rewarding to hang around. We have to strike a fine balance - we want to give enough, but not too much, so that collectible prices, for example, rise because they are more valuable and not because we give out too much gold. We're still working on figuring these things out - for a very long time we were battling bots to regain control of the economy, and now that we're in control, we're looking for a new balance.

LDown2
Do you think we'll keep seeing them in future box items? or is that a little out of your scope so that you would not know the answer to that?

I look forward to seeing an update from you. biggrin

I'm an economist, I can explain the past pretty well, but predicting the future is not in my department xp

rubyaileen
A question I think for Sagger-AT3, has there ever been given any consideration to putting a cap on sell price in the MP on Shop Items? It's pretty clear that some prices are insanely high to pass botted gold, by capping them wouldn't this make it a little harder for them to pass it off?

Hi Pan Good to see you

and of course the famous Question...any word on Fishing Trophies this week?

We discuss the possibility of limiting the prices in the MP of store items every once in a while.
But it's a bit tricky: if we want this to be effective, it would have to cover some none store items, like flower, bouquets, bugs, trash, etc. And event items too, especially recent ones. And eventually we would run into items that we don't want to limit prices on. So instead - we work on the other side of things, and we work on preventing and finding botting in other places.

Fried Squash
Is that steam? or is it a fart?

Is this a dagger which I see before me,
The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee.
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.
Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible
To feeling as to sight? Or art thou but
A dagger of the mind, a false creation,
Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?
LDown2
LeMuffinOfPlusOneSproing
Is there any possibility that zOMG recipes could be tallied in your inventory like loot items? I have way too many and they are clogging my inventory. I would like to sell them back in shops but it is quite tedious the way they are currently compiled. Just a suggestion I have seen in the zOMG forums that made sense as a remedy.
I wish they did that with all items. Some of my accounts are too cluttered with tons of duplicate items that I collect. xp

great idea, even though i'm sure it's been mentioned many many times before... the new inventory system is being worked on (i'm sure you've seen the screenshots) and there's alot of new functionality like that in development.

personally, i'd love to see a way of grouping similar items together... i'll mention it to the dev team working on the inventory, see what they say. it might not be exactly like how loot / game items are stacked (that's not really possible), but display-wise, it might be feasible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff