Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Welcome to this week's ATA! We're getting closer to our 10th anniversary and I'm excited for the upcoming event! Anyone excited about the anniversary also?

I know waffles is excited
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Hello Gaia Staff
I've been working on some new ideas I would like you to have a look at and perhaps it's not to late to add to the system considering a update came to the selling page in the market recently.

From what ive seen the only way to stop bots is with the Captcha Implementation.
It stopped bots with booty grab User Image and we are well aware that a bot exists to seek out set prices for set items and it auto purchases them.User Image
I've seen mention of it in a previous guild I browsed and some people claiming they coded one themselves. (also i found a site where you can purchase one of these bots )

This Fix will prevent users from using programs that auto-fill the password upon page load.
I know that firefox User Image has this feature and quite a few other browsers have this feature that works with gaia. (an add-on to by-pass certain areas)
I've also messaged a couple people who are known around the vend and they use this same bot(It loads passwords through a non-human interactive means=boting) to snatch up listings within the first 2-5 seconds of listed. (automated scripts in order to obtain items quickly with little user interaction.)
The solution:

Option 1: Use the same pop-up (modal) like feature that was recently added to the Listing page,it seems to prevent this bot from filling out the information.

Option 2:
Implement a captcha you have to enter before buying the listing,even though the bot fills out your password for a instant buy,you still need to enter the captcha which bots can't do. (When Buying & Selling )

User Image User Image User Image

User Image

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This is a question for Pan, or Grace about HoC

With the packs being brought in line with respect to rares. Should I expect to get roughly the same ammount of rare cards from 25k spent on a ionas pack, as I would from 25k essence spent on diamonds/rubys/sapphires etc.

Also how is the herald/hero update coming along? Do we expect it early this week, late this week.

Also massive thanks for todays fixes ^_^

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
- Enchanted Trunks/Magical Giftboxes: When we claim these, can there be an option added that allows us to click a link that takes us back to what we were doing instead of to our inventory?

- Gaia Glitching on Chrome: Gaia is still acting weird on Chrome for me. Thread about the problem can be found here.

- Potions: Can you provide us with an option to try on potions? Thread about this can be found here.

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Good changes on the ignore system! surprised

This seems interesting: (You can also see this a few posts below!) emotion_awesome
Mavdoc
Scobre let me know about this post, and hoped I could help clarify.

While at Gaia, I made a 3 room hangout space that was meant to be used for the Gaia Halloween 2010 event. It was finished, but never implemented on the site though. Before I left Gaia, I retooled the area so it would work in zOMG!. It's literally all ready to go. All that needs to be done is to create a spot in zOMG! where it could be accessed. JK will know all about this, and you could ask him about it.

It's probably about the most detailed and atmospheric location that would exist in zOMG!, and became my favorite area even though it was never able to go live. It would be a welcomed addition for the zOMG! players who haven't seen new content for some time, and something that could be implemented with minimal work. All that would be required is just a little time from swarf and JK.

/goes back to lurk mode

Malevolent Gaian

I'm here to lurk...and lurk I shall! I might have a question in a bit...depends on how I feel about asking it.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Buying nnk of higher packs should produce better results than nnk of lower packs.

This week sometime -- it's one of many things on the list.

Sagebomb
This is a question for Pan, or Grace about HoC

With the packs being brought in line with respect to rares. Should I expect to get roughly the same ammount of rare cards from 25k spent on a ionas pack, as I would from 25k essence spent on diamonds/rubys/sapphires etc.

Also how is the herald/hero update coming along? Do we expect it early this week, late this week.

Also massive thanks for todays fixes ^_^

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hey, guys. Happy Monday.

I'm glad to see you guys putting more use into the Gaia Blog (and thanks for mentioning my Thread. :'D)
Anyways, I hope to see even more use of it. :3

Also, I wanted to ask: Do you guys have any plans to make some BG changes? There hasn't been much change in BG for a while, and it seems to be drawing users away from it. (p.s. No [lite] fish please. emotion_awesome )
~King Awesome

Anxious Informer

15,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
lanzer
Hello everyone!

Welcome to this week's ATA! We're getting closer to our 10th anniversary and I'm excited for the upcoming event! Anyone excited about the anniversary also?

I know waffles is excited
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I am. I hope they do a video of all the Gaia staff.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I am very excited about it and I joined Gaia myself on Feb 7th, 2010. biggrin

1) Will there be bunk beds in Towns 2?

2) Can there be some bundles just for revives for zOMG! and possibly deluxe revives?

3) How is everyone doing with the cold weather? It’s been in the 20 degrees Fahrenheit here.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
lanzer
Hello everyone!

Very much so, any spoilers/leaks. Will there be epic battle? will there be a bunch of items in the build up?

will there be items based on the year of which you joined? emotion_kirakira

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Mashed Potato Jones

I'm here to lurk...and lurk I shall! I might have a question in a bit...depends on how I feel about asking it.

Maybe you could ask a question about lurking! ninja

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
Can we get a chinese themed gold shop update?

Will tomorrow's MCs be epic?

It's my birthday tomorrow, do I get anything good from the devs?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Mavdoc

Scobre let me know about this post, and hoped I could help clarify.

While at Gaia, I made a 3 room hangout space that was meant to be used for the Gaia Halloween 2010 event. It was finished, but never implemented on the site though. Before I left Gaia, I retooled the area so it would work in zOMG!. It's literally all ready to go. All that needs to be done is to create a spot in zOMG! where it could be accessed. JK will know all about this, and you could ask him about it.

It's probably about the most detailed and atmospheric location that would exist in zOMG!, and became my favorite area even though it was never able to go live. It would be a welcomed addition for the zOMG! players who haven't seen new content for some time, and something that could be implemented with minimal work. All that would be required is just a little time from swarf and JK.

Thoughts? o3o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces