Welcome to Gaia! ::

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Piru-tan
Tsuki_Kirkland
Piru-tan
Will we ever be getting the feature to keep gold shop eye/hair/skins (default skins not potion)?

Its in the FMI, won’t happen

Well that sure is tedious, darn.

Not just tedious. Pointless, unnecessary, and surely fixable. It's something people have been asking about for years, and there's no reason to keep avoiding the truth that these can be fixed to function like the wigs and skin patches that are in our inventories.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
~Black Petals~
Zero Omega
~Black Petals~
Zero Omega
It's an actual guild. xd

What a relief emotion_kirakira

Speaking of which, is that still an active group?

Not so much, haha, it's just a group of me and some old Gaian friends.

LET THE KINSHIP LAST FOREVER xd

think there will be any updates to the guild systems someday? emotion_kirakira

Maybe!

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
2sarahgate
Narumi Misuhara
Amai Kaze v2
is it possible to remodel the inventory system so its easier to organize please cause the old system is soooo hard

Yup

will the old arranger still be kept? i like how it doesn't need new flash. domokun stargate

The new one won't be written in flash.

Kurd Jam's Significant Otter

Countess Confectioner

59,975 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Edgiest 250
I missed out on the Talk Like a Pirate achievement. Will there be a second chance for this come this Sept?

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

MistressMinako
Hey guys.

So, with the update to Firefox 18, Daily Chance is now broken on both Firefox and Chrome (24). What happens is the DC reward now pops up as it used to instead of redirecting to a new page, and with this popup displays a message reading "error parsing daily chance AJAX errored".

I did post a thread in BR&TS and was summarily dismissed by a developer for this issue being the result of using Adblock Plus. I've tested on several of my accounts with Gaia both Whitelisted and ABP disabled entirely and I'm still encountering the problem. Other members have reported having this problem as well and the issue is long-standing on Chrome.

The only way I've found to get around the error is to click the cart before the page has loaded, thus forcing the reward cart to open a new page and grant correctly. I would appreciate if this issue were looked at as it is a pervasive error and members have reported it as such.

Reposting, waiting for an acknowledgement.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
OrthodoxRebel
Would it be possible to just suppress Achievements entirely, since they are pointless? Also, Staff Alerts could be tagged with some sort of priority and/or context flag, since almost none of them are important to me in any way whatsoever.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Thanks for the post. While you may find achievements pointless, many others do not, and like to have them. Same for the Staff Alerts - many people find these useful, and we rely on them as a quick way to notify you of any activity we feel is interesting or important for you to know. As for adding a priority notification, we think it is an interesting idea, but not something we are likely add.

Take care! ^^

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

-i- Luciferian -i-
Kiro_Shinigami
-i- Luciferian -i-
I think it would be cool for the CB to have a background Like Heaven/ event forums do, would this ever be considered???
heart Or better a custom one that we ourselves can upload when approved by the mods!

woohoo also about your alchemy question

angelic halo wouldn't never be included as its a thank you item for the year they were released

I'd love to be able to make Solair, but since it was a charity donation item i doubt they will

i-wants lunair (a black solair) if they ever made one
We donate lots to gaia, Over the space of 4 years i donated mortgage high sums to look plausible XD Just something for the ones who work hard really.

I think they should do it tho.....We still donate to charity <3

Scurvy Pirate

Canicuss
I missed out on the Talk Like a Pirate achievement. Will there be a second chance for this come this Sept?

Maybe? Don't know the plan for mini-events yet, we only just put together a rough idea of what we want the major events to be this year.

Decayin[g]_Sou[l]'s Significant Otter

Demonic Hellhound

lanzer
The Body Farm
Hello.

I've brought the issue up in the Site Feedback, but by the request of a few of my thread's patrons, I'm here to ask directly and hopefully get an answer...

How come the majority of items--especially good quality items--are aimed towards the female population of Gaia?

If possible, I'd like to know if it's because the majority of the buying population is female (and if so, was that the case before item releases began favoring females?) or if it is because there is no oversight to what items the artists do or do not make and they get to choose the items.

It is becoming more and more obvious every item release that the number difference between masculine items and feminine items is pretty vast (especially when you look at the shoes released). The current rig actually has a greater amount of male items than usual, but one rig release isn't much of a trend towards gender equality in item releases.

Is there any chance that in the future, there would be a system set up where the number of items made would have to be fair and balanced when it comes to gender? Say, if six female items are made, six male items would have to be made? Or is there definite evidence that us users with male or masculine avatars are not worth it to make items for?

I think the ratio of the demand for the different types of items, and also because at Gaia we have a talent pool that has more female artists than male ones. Inspiration comes from both requests/demands, and also what favors the specific artists, ideas often skew on one side despite that we put a lot of conscious effort to keep a balance on both sides. I hope you can still find enough items to keep your interest and we'll continue trying to maintain the balance.
But at this point, there is no balance to maintain. The balance is definitely skewed towards female avatars, especially when it comes to hair, shoes, and hats. And I understand that more artists may be female, but their talents shouldn't be gender biased.

And when it comes to demand... High quality items that are more masculine tend to skyrocket into the millions on the Market Place, meaning there is a demand for high quality masculine items on this site. So maybe there is a higher demand for a lot more feminine items in general, but high quality masculine items definitely have a demand.

But thank you for answering me and I do hope artists do heed some of the new item requests being put forth to them in the feedback (there are currently three threads in there asking for masculine items, thankfully).

Hallowed Mage

lanzer
The Body Farm

I think the ratio of the demand for the different types of items, and also because at Gaia we have a talent pool that has more female artists than male ones. Inspiration comes from both requests/demands, and also what favors the specific artists, ideas often skew on one side despite that we put a lot of conscious effort to keep a balance on both sides. I hope you can still find enough items to keep your interest and we'll continue trying to maintain the balance.

Well then, would it be possible/plausible for items part of a CI collection to be marked male/female, and to have a higher possibility of someone with a male avatar to get items intended for a male avatar? It's really disheartening to get several essentially useless girly items in a row.

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Castiel Lover
Waffles companion!

Couple ideas brewing around:

1. Separate Gaia Exchange forums. I've noticed an air of "if you aren't selling cheap to resellers, you don't belong here. Go to the Marketplace" around the Gaia Exchange. It would be nice if there was a "Sell fast and cheap" forum and a "sell without tax for decent prices" forum.

2. What do you think of having a soul bound gold shop, where you can buy expensive rare things for quite a bit of gold, still, but they cannot be traded to other accounts, ever? Things that are so rare you can never hope to get them would be attainable through this, and it would be a gold sink because the items are not tradable.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Zero Omega

You are correct, improv long form and short form (theatre sports).

Interesting, I would love to see you compete (vids as someone said).

I did competitive theatre sports for a while. Twas a lot of fun, then for a while I taught it to high school kids on the side of other outdoor ed based things.
King Blackwater
User Image
User Image

A very quick question, will we be seeing any updates in the future on the Gaia app? (I-Phone or Android) like improved dressing rooms, games etc?

Also has Gaia considered making an app for X-Box live?

Cheers

There are some basic updates coming, and as for additional features such as towns, we should be able to do it down the road, but it's not on the roadmap just yet.

No plans for the XBox live marketplace though, sorry.

Celestial Elder

Canicuss
This.

Hime-Jenisan's Waifu

Savage Daredevil

The Body Farm
It is pretty severe, and the only people I ever find who disagree are people with female avatars who simply cross-dress their avis instead of switching to male avatars (which means they don't know what it's like trying to find shoes that don't mod the feet to small, legs that don't mod too small, arm mods [girls have a lot more of those than guys], etc.). And yeah... I mean the fact that good quality items that look good on male avis skyrocket in price on the market place is pure evidence that there IS A DEMAND for good quality, masculine items.

But I don't think I'm going to get an answer. neutral I posted my question pages ago and nothing... Guess it's back to hoping my site feedback thread makes a difference.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All I want for Christmas is more masculine items. Is that so hard, Gaia?

I also believe that the artists who make the clothes for Gaia are better at drawing female related items than male items. Or, may be they can only draw female items. Who knows? But if this is true, they should hire someone to start working on those items. Probably the most masculine item we have on Gaia are those sexy abs from Secret Retreat. Even then, it sometimes doesn't fit the color tone of an avatar.

All we have to do is pester them until they finally reply! >:3 Pester, pester, pester. Annoy, annoy, annoy. MORE MASCULINE ITEMS. MORE MASCULINE ITEMS. MORE MASCULINE ITEMS.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff