Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Not much to say,Dear.
Expect, each day feels like a year...

OH my! User Image
Darn i forgot my zomg question.Other then that i like it alot..it took over my life pretty much

Every night i'm dreaming of you.
P.S I love you Zack.

Invisible Cat

crazy spork i am
MrsrachaelSnape
crazy spork i am
iChris v2
crazy spork i am
i'm doing alright, just busy. it's been a while since i've made it to one of these :3

Awwwwww. I'm sorry to butt-in in your conversation, but I just checked your profile and had to comment on how adorable that animation is at the top of the profile <33

thank you! it was a personal project kirby and i worked on a few years ago for ourselves. something like imood but in flash so we could add more fun things biggrin

What kind of stuff will you have to let your friends know your mood? Mood emotes ?

initially it was made for the header for our blogs. but since we've revamped our blogs our 'blee mood' flash header became outdated and i decided to salvage it to my profile here on gaia :3

How long does it take to make?
luv4manga
DOH! I just remembered a BIIIG question I had! What's all this with the Snow Crystal!? Is it in the Daily Chance or not!? I would think that if it was mentioned in an Announcement it would already be out, but some people are saying that they might have just forgotten to put it in and I saw it in a Dev's aquarium and IT'S ALL TOO CONFUSING! DX

i think there were some issues in adding the snow crystal to daily chance. i know they're trying to fix that issue though!

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
crazy spork i am
luv4manga
DOH! I just remembered a BIIIG question I had! What's all this with the Snow Crystal!? Is it in the Daily Chance or not!? I would think that if it was mentioned in an Announcement it would already be out, but some people are saying that they might have just forgotten to put it in and I saw it in a Dev's aquarium and IT'S ALL TOO CONFUSING! DX

i think there were some issues in adding the snow crystal to daily chance. i know they're trying to fix that issue though!

THANK YOU! I was finding it hard to believe that all of Gaia forgot to add in an item mad At least now I'll be able to pass on some kind of reasonable explanation... sweatdrop
MrsrachaelSnape

it took a while since there were a lot of initial planning involved in addition that it was only the two of us putting it together. it's these projects that really helped in honing our collaborating skills to figure out who is better at doing what razz

i'd like to say it took us a couple of weeks but i'm not sure. we made it back in '03 or something so i really can't remember :3
Can't really spoil it for you guys! biggrin

Not exactly, it'll end some day.

Yeah very likely, we have a lot of other ideas but don't want to play the same idea back-to-back.

Struggles are things we keep getting challenged with. Sometimes with resources, on what things to work on that will keep Gaians happy, to what we need to do to keep expanding our team. For now things are resolved, but new sets of challenges are always appearing every week.

We have some pretty cool ideas for Valentine's event. While April fools haven't been thought through yet, so I can't give my thumbs up on it yet. biggrin

MrCorrupt
User ImageUser Image

Hello Lanzer!

I love how the Jinixi is turning out, quite awesome
Anyway Questions:
1.Will the Tshirt has any Gaia related pictures on it? [Wingding]

2.Also the Titan Legacy seems like it could go on forever, because the past evolutions are still there! Is it true?

3.Is there gonna be any more Asia Evolving items again? Because I loved them, Furugasa was my favorite though

4.Is there still a struggle at Gaia? or is it solved?

5.Are we gonna have another April fools present? And Valentines will it be different?
User Image

3,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
emorexic-pimp
»ĘмǿЯέжĨç~ÞĨмþ«
Hiya lanzer!
weather sounds nice over there *stares at snow on ground*

about zOMG:
meh, it starts off fun, but then i got stuck between zen and bassekin... meanwhile i'm scared to go into the zOMG forum because i just know i won't be able to resist spoiling the end boss for myself >.>;;

Just a few rather simplistic, mostly yes-or-no questions this week
1) Remember that announcement linked to a profile for people to suggest potential community spotlights? Are we supposed to use that forever, or was it a one-time thing?
2) Why are the aquarium tanks/overseers/etc. frozen instead of soulbound?
3) SF's Decided Issues sticky is WAAAAY past the point of being "outdated" and into the realm of being a relic of a long-dead civilization and their (mostly) long-dead issues… can we have a new one? Soon?
4) Why can't users change their birthdays anymore? (if they can, link please?)
5) I'd rather end on five than four so… what did you have for breakfast today?

I HAS AN AUTO-FORMAT TOO! SEE?
Not much to say,Dear.
Expect, each day feels like a year...

Im also asking about why users cant change there birthdays.I placed the wrong one in by mistake and i have no idea how i can fix it if i cant find the link...

Every night i'm dreaming of you.
P.S I love you Zack.

Conventioneer

5,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
crazy spork i am
ZakuMent

Speaking of your profile. @_@ I couldn't figure out what the little blue guy circling around the spork is. What is he?

hehehe, they're little tamagotchi sprites! i used to collect tamagotchis biggrin

xDD Aww how awesome. Hm, I don't recognize that one. surprised Must be one of the ones I missed.

Which reminds me.. they just came out with a new one. Music Star. xD not yet dubbed generation 6, but it's the one after Version 5. : D They play music instruments now.

Invisible Cat

crazy spork i am
MrsrachaelSnape

it took a while since there were a lot of initial planning involved in addition that it was only the two of us putting it together. it's these projects that really helped in honing our collaborating skills to figure out who is better at doing what razz

i'd like to say it took us a couple of weeks but i'm not sure. we made it back in '03 or something so i really can't remember :3

It would be cool though to have something like that on gaia to add on profiles. It's soo cute.

3,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
To add to Lanzer's answer:

you will probably see more small updates, and fewer big overhauls. I have been working on the avatar and inventory pages, for example, and we are trying to release things in baby steps rather than adding a whole bunch of new things at once. This means the first changes we did were for performance, the next you will see will just be the layout, and later we will add new features. It gives you more of a chance to give feedback and input while we are still working on things, and it means you will see updates to the same pages over several months rather than just a one-time change.

Lanzer
With the change of the size of our development team, so far the conclusion is that we need to do less with less people, but do them fast so that we can move on to the next project faster. We used to plan to focus on things for new users and existing users at the same time, but now we're leaning on fixing the problems we have for new users first, then move on to working on forum and guild enhancements. More on that in my journal.

Platonix
When you announced the Gaia HQ layoffs last month, you said that you would need some time to think about restructuring Gaia's priorities going into 2009. Can you offer any comments about what's been decided? Things we're going to see less of? More of?
ZakuMent
crazy spork i am
ZakuMent

Speaking of your profile. @_@ I couldn't figure out what the little blue guy circling around the spork is. What is he?

hehehe, they're little tamagotchi sprites! i used to collect tamagotchis biggrin

xDD Aww how awesome. Hm, I don't recognize that one. surprised Must be one of the ones I missed.

Which reminds me.. they just came out with a new one. Music Star. xD not yet dubbed generation 6, but it's the one after Version 5. : D They play music instruments now.

oh wow, really?! haha, i haven't kept up with them after the new ones were released. i'm still on the prowl for the ever elusive devil one but nowadays i dunno if i'd wanna spend that much money on it...
So any staff find the soulbound thing annoying? Because I do, a lot.

Also anyone thought of making a Chimera EI? Please make one, it would be so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! -drools-

Giddy Expert

Lanzer
Can't really spoil it for you guys! biggrin

Not exactly, it'll end some day.

Yeah very likely, we have a lot of other ideas but don't want to play the same idea back-to-back.

Struggles are things we keep getting challenged with. Sometimes with resources, on what things to work on that will keep Gaians happy, to what we need to do to keep expanding our team. For now things are resolved, but new sets of challenges are always appearing every week.

We have some pretty cool ideas for Valentine's event. While April fools haven't been thought through yet, so I can't give my thumbs up on it yet. biggrin

MrCorrupt
User ImageUser Image

Hello Lanzer!

I love how the Jinixi is turning out, quite awesome
Anyway Questions:
1.Will the Tshirt has any Gaia related pictures on it? [Wingding]

2.Also the Titan Legacy seems like it could go on forever, because the past evolutions are still there! Is it true?

3.Is there gonna be any more Asia Evolving items again? Because I loved them, Furugasa was my favorite though

4.Is there still a struggle at Gaia? or is it solved?

5.Are we gonna have another April fools present? And Valentines will it be different?
User Image

Thanks Lanzer! Also for the Asia Items y'all could use this website for ideas, http://www.obakemono.com/

Hopefully that'll work, also good luck on the Soon to come challenges!
Hopefully one Asia item has a Tsukumo-gami
We should but we still haven't gotten a good contact that can handle the Canadian retailers with us. Sort of driving us crazy. Hope to have that taken care of soon. Sorry!

Sorry there's no plans right now, but maybe when we expand on the potion items.

I have a feeling they will eventually grow up, but that's not my call. smile

I'd love to visit at least one convention in Canada, but for now we don't have the plans, especially after some budget set-backs.

zozy
Hello Lanzer and fellow admins! >.<
How are you this fine...night?
I have four questions to ask you this fine night!:
1. Will there EVER be cash cards in Canada? I don't have paypal, and I don't plan on getting it anytime soon. We're dieing over here! @D@;
2. Are you planning on rereleasing the Zombie 2k3 skins? That skin is by far my favorite and I'm horribly sad that I can't get it anymore!
3. Will the Von Helson Sisters ever regain their old evil ways, or continue boy-hopping?
4. Will you guys come to the next Toronto convention? :'D

Thanks,
Zozy
Hey Lanzer! Long time member of gaia (2005 actually), long time reader of ATA, first time poster in one since anytime I see one, it's already closed.

Question(s):

1. Where do all the artists come up with their ideas for the MC's and the EI's?
2. What gave you the idea to come up with a site like Gaia?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff