Welcome to Gaia! ::

Corinth Maxwell
CleoSombra
The Undead Suitor
Will we ever get a NSFW item based off Anurla and not Sherlock?

Isn't there already a female version? Nice Style for Work? o3o

cat_stare Umm.....They were asking about "Anurla", not "Alruna". cat_whee cat_xp cat_xd

o3o.

O_o.

*leans in*

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Heroic Warrior

Hi Lanzer! I am sorry I am late! I wish I could be on the front page, but I still hope you see this.

Thank you for finally making Angelic Wings available to the site! Even though the task seems painful and tough I am just excited they are here and possible.

How about some luck with BidBlast!? xd heart

Have a great night!

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Yeata Zi
HEY Y'ALL!

I realize I'm late so my questi0on is unlikely to be answered--but ZURG! I miss them! Will I be seeing any soon?

Also, this woman in black item is the best I've seen in forever. More please?

Thanks, I'll pass this on to the rest of the team.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
The Undead Suitor
To prove how useless alchemy is, let me compare items here

GROOVY MP3 DOG

Multi-million dollar investment

level Four formula

ONE POSE, with lazy layering to boot.

iKitty

Free Apple give-away

Costs only 200k

FIVE POSES with hand held poses

WHAT IS WRONG HERE

Yeah.

I'm so ruddy tired of Alchemy.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Jayce Reinhardt
The Undead Suitor
To prove how useless alchemy is, let me compare items here

GROOVY MP3 DOG

Multi-million dollar investment

level Four formula

ONE POSE, with lazy layering to boot.

iKitty

Free Apple give-away

Costs only 200k

FIVE POSES with hand held poses

WHAT IS WRONG HERE

Many other Alchemy items are also one pose and higher levels.
When something actually changes here, only then will I believe the words here tonight.
Otherwise, It's just "lip" service.

Exactly.

The alchemy items are just so..shitty and horribly leveled.

It would make much more sense if all these shitty one pose items were level 1.

Seriously, how about this guys.

Level 1, one pose

Level 2, two poses

Etc. etc.

Invisible Cat

Yeata Zi
HEY Y'ALL!

I realize I'm late so my questi0on is unlikely to be answered--but ZURG! I miss them! Will I be seeing any soon?

It is a wonderful item.But she scares the crap out of me. I want claw your eyes pose next.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Narumi Misuhara
Yeata Zi
HEY Y'ALL!

Thanks, I'll pass this on to the rest of the team.
Also!

While I'm thinking of it--Is there's an account for the Woman in Black?

I'd liek to send her an invite to the Gaians in Black~since she is one hee heee

Peaceful Demon

MistressMinako
The Undead Suitor
Auxiliary question; Can we please reign in Reapersun, or at least keep her from creating sequels to items she wasn't involved in?

I would very much appreciate this. Right now, certain aspects of her work are bordering on unprofessional. She's not the only one.

I would appreciate, Lanzer, if someone on-staff was promoted to actually dealing with users concerns. Right now, I don't feel as if anyone is listening. Looking at the problems with Alchemy, zOMG, other feature and item management. I feel like the site is slowly falling into disrepair with a heavy emphasis of quantity over quality and a quick cash grab before everything goes to pot.

There needs to be a stop put on staff members dashing off ill-worded posts and vanishing. It doesn't look good when a single sentence by a staff member results in a 20-page thread full of insulted customers.

I have to say that I agree with all of this, especially the italicized.

I hate to play the oldbie card, but I've been on Gaia since late '03. I love this site and I wish it all the success in the world, but I honestly feel like Gaia's quickly dying. This may not be the case but it's definitely how I feel for all the reasons Minako stated, most notably the alchemy issue.

I was really excited about alchemy at first, especially because I've wanted a pair of plain white wings since foreverrr. I was determined to work my way up, but I quickly found that it was a nearly impossible task for me. I have a good amount of Gaia Gold but I can't even get past level three without going bankrupt. Getting to level 10 is a feat that can only be accomplished with such a massive amount of gold that I can't even fathom how anyone could ever earn enough without obsessively vending or dropping tons and tons of cash into the site like it's going out of style. Alchemy is all about luck and wealth. Everything on Gaia seems like it's been about chance and Gaia Cash.

To add insult to injury, it seems like none of the Gaia staff members are really listening to anyone's legitimate concerns about this; it feels like it's been in one ear and out the other. Only a few small changes have been made to the alchemy system, and with the way it is now, simple angel/demon wings will be virtually unattainable, and I feel really let down. I've waited eight years for them.
Lanzer
Thanks for writing krissim. We have been keeping ourselves updated with the threads on SF and glad that you're bringing up the issue here.

I'm sorry to hear how your quest turned out. There are many factors that we put into consideration when alchemy was first designed and many had to do with trying to make it as something epic and special, thus we didn't to put attention into making it easily accessible and that's something we should have paid attention to.

I wish I can go back in time and make things right for you. I know I can't do that but I'll definitely go back to the team members and work on what we could improve on for alchemy to lessen the pain that many of you had gone through. It'll take a bit of time since some of the core member of the alchemy team is on vacation right now but we'll have something more solid to share at a later date.

Once again I'm sorry and thank you for sharing your story with us here.

There are at least a couple of things I can easily think of that would fix or at least partially fix the situation for me that wouldn't require time travel. Of course a matter of being willing to do something versus stating a wish are two different things. Thank you though for at least stating you will bring something up with the alchemy team on this. I'm going to hold you to it.

I am guessing since you didn't answer what my question on what the Risen Quest Inizio is for, you either don't know or are unwilling to answer on it.
MistressMinako
- What happened to Pan? Was he moved to another part of the site where he could no longer speak with users or update the dev notices?

- Why were basic back wings turned into something very, very few people will ever have a shot at? What happened to making basic items like that, available to everyone?

- The "trickle-down effect" isn't working. Why are components so rare? Is this really what was intended for Alchemy?

- Is the staff actually taking any of the feedback about Alchemy to heart?

Pan's working on another project but we've been really active on dev notices and just last week we had more than 5 updates. We continue to work hard, and if there are any specific areas that you think we're lacking, please let us know.

The back wings were seen as the most coveted item, and the natural aspect to an item that is owned by everyone means that the item is not coveted. As a result we planned for the back wings to be hard to obtain, and I'm sorry if that's a let down. As time goes by things should be easier to obtain just as information and items are more widely accessible. I'm hoping that we'll also make changes to make things easier too, we'll have a solid plan to share at a later date. We're discussing it constantly because of the many feedback we've received, at the same time we also need to monitor the actual rate of progress by everyone, so things are taking time and we're sorry if we haven't made changes sooner.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Prism Moon
MistressMinako
The Undead Suitor
Auxiliary question; Can we please reign in Reapersun, or at least keep her from creating sequels to items she wasn't involved in?

I would very much appreciate this. Right now, certain aspects of her work are bordering on unprofessional. She's not the only one.

I would appreciate, Lanzer, if someone on-staff was promoted to actually dealing with users concerns. Right now, I don't feel as if anyone is listening. Looking at the problems with Alchemy, zOMG, other feature and item management. I feel like the site is slowly falling into disrepair with a heavy emphasis of quantity over quality and a quick cash grab before everything goes to pot.

There needs to be a stop put on staff members dashing off ill-worded posts and vanishing. It doesn't look good when a single sentence by a staff member results in a 20-page thread full of insulted customers.

I have to say that I agree with all of this, especially the italicized.

I hate to play the oldbie card, but I've been on Gaia since late '03. I love this site and I wish it all the success in the world, but I honestly feel like Gaia's quickly dying. This may not be the case but it's definitely how I feel for all the reasons Minako stated, most notably the alchemy issue.

I was really excited about alchemy at first, especially because I've wanted a pair of plain white wings since foreverrr. I was determined to work my way up, but I quickly found that it was a nearly impossible task for me. I have a good amount of Gaia Gold but I can't even get past level three without going bankrupt. Getting to level 10 is a feat that can only be accomplished with such a massive amount of gold that I can't even fathom how anyone could ever earn enough without obsessively vending or dropping tons and tons of cash into the site like it's going out of style. Alchemy is all about luck and wealth. Everything on Gaia seems like it's been about chance and Gaia Cash.

To add insult to injury, it seems like none of the Gaia staff members are really listening to anyone's legitimate concerns about this; it feels like it's been in one ear and out the other. Only a few small changes have been made to the alchemy system, and with the way it is now, simple angel/demon wings will be virtually unattainable, and I feel really let down. I've waited eight years for them.

See, they may say they read the SF and are listening, but i think what we'd really like to see is at least, at the very least, say "we're looking into it" and have someone come in to that thread once a week if it's kept up in SF or wherever to say "hey, we're still looking into it" and MAYBE explain what is going on with what they are doing, at least GIVE US INSIGHT into everything, PLEASE?

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
MrsrachaelSnape
Yeata Zi
HEY Y'ALL!

It is a wonderful item.But she scares the crap out of me. I want claw your eyes pose next.
That is likely the point <3

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Can I just ask what sort of process went into making alchemy recipes specifically? For example Wed to Darkness is 300k in the mp and in addition to several items requires a Judas SD Plus doll--fairly rare and about 800K. This is part of the core problem with it--the recipes cost more to make than they're worth. How did you guys even determine what to make from what? Did anyone even look at the pricing?

Heroic Warrior

Narumi Misuhara
We care very much about alchemy, and are indeed looking at the feedback - in fact we are already gathering the feedback for review. We're aware we're taking a while and currently our focus is on figuring out our projects for 2012, but we most certainly haven't forgotten about alchemy.

I'm glad you guys are looking into alchemy. It really needs some tough love. sweatdrop

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
bedsick
Can I just ask what sort of process went into making alchemy recipes specifically? For example Wed to Darkness is 300k in the mp and in addition to several items requires a Judas SD Plus doll--fairly rare and about 800K. This is part of the core problem with it--the recipes cost more to make than they're worth. How did you guys even determine what to make from what? Did anyone even look at the pricing?

that's why i stopped at level ...1, i'm not even past that level, because it would cost me MILLIONS in gold, and that's not how it should be, it should be where it should cost me millions in site dedication, where it be money, hours, posts, WHATEVER, not just ONE aspect of hardcorism.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff