Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone! Happy New Year!

Glad to see everyone again after filling my tummy with sushi. biggrin It's finally 2013, where the world continues after the Mayan calendar expires, where we brave the fiscal cliff even though we have no idea what it really does, and best of all we get to celebrate the 10th year anniversary of Gaia.

What are your new year's resolutions for this year? Here at Gaia we've written down everyone's resolutions on our chalkboard wall, and I can see that it's going to be a fun year as some of us have "master dragon punch" and "fly a chopper" as their goals for 2013. biggrin

Thank you for being a part of Gaia on 2012, and let's begin another great year of fun!
User Image

User Image

Did you know that Downvoting Threads is a form of Bullying?
User Image

Please!! do not downvote my thread!! please please.

User Image

User Image
Just wanted to check back, see if there was any new information about the issues with my accounts. Has been around 3 months now and I still have not gotten a response from my ticket or from the email I sent you guys.

Know Zero Omega has mentioned he is looking into it for me, have an estimate on how long it's going to take?

Thanks,

Original Survivor

Good evening everyone!

Hope everyone had a great New Year!

Just checking up on a few things, like I normally do~

Achievements: How is the integration with them and the games on Gaia (zOMG!, Fishing, etc.) coming along? Really looking forward to it and hope it comes out soon.

Alchemy: I heard this next 'major' update has been pushed back, will this new update effect the current Formulas as they are now? Will there be an increase in Level? And where is my Alchemist Title!?

Inventory Arranger: Anything new about it? I've been waiting 2 years for it. XD

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Happy New Years everyone.

I would like to see more hoods for our avatars. We could have ones that are not already attached
to coats, jackets, capes, ect. It would give us more of a selection. emotion_kirakira

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Thanks for the recent HoC updates.

I have been loving the new campaigns. How is effort going on getting campaigns into the actual game. Will it just be testing from the daily update thread mainly for a while?

Is fire opal games involved in the ongoing updates of the game, or were they just used in the main development of the game? Aka does updates and such still rely on Fire Opal or is it pretty much only on gaias side now?

Thank you Pan and Grace for being here ^_^

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Admin Archives subforum

AskED the Admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)

Revered Inquisitor

Card Statistics and Details - Compiled
Card Averages: Faction, Mana Cost and Type. & Fun Facts
HoC Forfeit System Revision Proposal

Hello AtA,
I’ve put together (a lot) of questions about Heralds of Chaos that I would like to have answered. I’ve split them up into the top 5 I would like answered… as well as several other less-important (to me) listed in the spoiler. I hope that some of the Admin or Devs are able to/ have the time to answer even a couple of these questions.

Heralds of Chaos Questions:
1] HoC Marketplace... will/when will it happen? Any input on how cards may be sold (i.e. any price minimum, restrictions, etc)?
2] Estimated date of new Herald update? And estimated date of new card update/how many cards?
3] Will the game be available on tablets, iPhones, etc at some point?
4] Will packs at be re-restructured with better odds (specifically if there is a drastic drop in pack buying, which going by the forum response... is already occurring)?
5] How often are the HoC request forum threads looked at and considered/discussed as stuff that may help the game?

More HoC Questions:
6] When will/will level brackets be restructured? If so, what structure will they take on?
7] Will level cap (80) be raised any time soon?
8] Opinions on sportsmanship (or lack thereof) in the game... what do you consider one way or the other. What stuff would you like to see fixed so that there are less hard feelings in the game (i.e. what people complain about frequently in the game, nothing in specific to suggest)?
9] Opinion on the natural extension of the gaia ignore list into the game
10] Opinions on players forfeiting mid-battle, and possible changes to prevent this from happening
11] Is the game in 'open' beta now? I.e. open to all of gaia? Well, the recent announcement answers this one.
11a] Will/ when will the game be marketed to facebook as has previously been said?
11b] If it is marketed to facebook, will the essence to gold feature continue to exist?
11c] The new announcement makes it seem as if it will be going elsewhere, not just facebook... any input on where else?
12] With HoC being open to the entire community, will the HoC forum be ‘unlocked’ soon (i.e. can we actually see these posts in our post history)?
13] Will essence gain from special and spell kills ever be re-granted (currently don't actually get that essence)?
14] Will AI mode mana costs/essence grants ever be changed to be the same as they are for PvP (i.e. even though AI gets a discount, will we earn essence in accordance with what the card actually costs for us to summon? or will the essence grant stay based on the discounts?
15] Will an increased storyline be put into the game any time soon?
16] When do you expect campaigns to be fully implemented... i.e. on the actual HoC page and finished?
17] Will we get a hard mode (hopefully Kingdom) to bridge the huge gap between Medium and Nightmare?

Thanks for your time.
Cheers,
Gavyn

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
- zOMG! Glitch Fix Update: Any new updates that you’d like to share?

- Gaia Glitching on Chrome: Has this problem been looked into yet? Thread about the problem can be found here.

- Alchemy: Please, leave alchemy formulas out of chance items. Especially since the system is still flawed and needs work. Grievances about this can be found here.

- When it comes to equitable items, can people who use the male avatar base or even the female base that aren’t into frills and cute stuff get some love too? Feedback can be found here.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
I posted this back during the reign of biglanky14 and never got a real response. I'm going to post it again because the requests for a Gaia Bank are coming in more frequently again, from people who aren't asking for it to be interest-bearing.

I don't actually need such a feature myself, but I came up with a way you might be able to appease people asking for it. Meredith of the Bank of Gambino could have a feature where she sells Mythrill Coins at sellback price. So if you want to "deposit" 30,000 gold, you'd just visit Meredith and buy a 30,000-gold Coin. When you wanted to "withdraw" the gold you'd just sell the Coin from inventory, and until then you could throw it in your Storage Locker to help resist the spending urge.

Downside of course is that it would instantly devalue the coins, quite nearly all of which tend to sell in the MP for at least double their clearly-stated value. Also turning a CI-exclusive item into a gold shop item, though I don't know how much of an issue that is. The obvious way to fix these - creating completely separate items with the same basic concept - is also the best way to inflate the amount of dev time required to the point where this will never ever happen, though.

What do you think? Is this remotely feasible?

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
lanzer
Hello everyone! Happy New Year!

1. Why is it, after all this time, we're STILL not allowed to re-arrange items placed in the "Game" tab of our inventories? cat_stressed cat_scream

2. In events such as this last one, where we're expected to "donate" items to receive credit toward a specific goal (i.e., donating 30 items to redeem/destroy one ornament), why is it that we cannot simply donate "X" number of items all at once, and receive credit for each item that was donated, instead of only being credited once for the entire bundle? cat_whee

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Constipated Alchemist
Just wanted to check back, see if there was any new information about the issues with my accounts. Has been around 3 months now and I still have not gotten a response from my ticket or from the email I sent you guys.

Know Zero Omega has mentioned he is looking into it for me, have an estimate on how long it's going to take?

Thanks,

Was on vacation recently, so catching up on everything that I had to get done. Which includes this.

Dangerous Knight

Question about Booty Grab
Is it okay to use mules to continue playing once you've gotten to the 150k cap? (Assuming you then put all the gold on your main account)
I always thought that it wasn't, I think it was even mentioned in the dev alert when the cap was implemented that it would flag you as a bot. But I sometimes see people saying they do it, once even a mod, so I'm a little confused and I'd just like some clarification.
I mean, what's the point of a cap if you can use a mule to ignore it?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Also on the topic of me coming up with solutions to other people's problems... I haven't been following the Site Feedback topic, but one of the biggest valid complaints I've seen about losing Towns 1, that codemonkey doesn't really have a good answer for, is that people will miss the ability to meet like-minded strangers and make new friends through the use of Towns Topics.

Would it be feasible to give the Gaia Towns forum a subforum, perhaps named Towns Topics, and maybe even linked to in the Towns 2 smartphone, where people can post topics for Towns 2? The thread title can be the topic, and they can say in the body of the post where to go to meet up for that topic. People could send Friend Requests to the thread starter to help ensure everyone winds up in the same layer.

Granted, there's not a ton of room in Towns 2 for a wide variety of groups to meet for different topics, but people could also choose to post Rally Topics and Hollywood Topics since it's all the same system. And, of course, the planned expansions to the world of Towns 2 only make this idea steadily more feasible.

Gaia Staff: would you be willing to try this?
Towns 1 fans: would YOU be willing to try this, when Towns 2 has been improved to solve your other complaints about it?

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
Can we have purple cat ears?

Will we get another anime-themed chance item in the cash shop?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff