The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
crazy spork i am
Sinsario

Which makes me wonder, derailing from Avatar; what do you folks think about 2D (possibly more tradigital rather than flash) making a comeback?
Now that Princess and the Frog is out and Snow Queen is following suit. (It hink that's what I heard anyway)

I discuss this so much with a friend durhhrrup.

I'm always down to see people reinvent and update methods and techniques. I don't really want to draw lines between 2D vs. 3D since what I find most important is being able to use what you have on hand to get your idea across. biggrin

You've got a point there rofl
Still I keep thinking that there are 3D animated movies out there that would look better and less creepier in 3D some 3D movies over-do it, I think x_x

And then we have Wall-E where 3D was for the best because it really emphasized the background >_>

EDIT

Quote:
2D seems to work better as TV material anymore...well, at least in the US. The Snow Queen appears to be really interesting...almost a story I would have expected Miyazaki to do. The Princess and the Frog barely passed the budget spent on it (25 million, I think), but it'd still be considered a success. I'm a fan of 2D, but Pixar movies always have a heartwarming charm to them.

Actually I know nothing about Snow Witch so far *must...search!*

And I haven't watched TV in a long time; is 3D not taking over as much as I thought? rofl

Liberal Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
kirbyUFO
ChibiSuke55
crazy spork i am

I'm not quite sure. I know that Kirby and I were asked to tone down some of the blood for the Landshark in zOMG; but it seems to be different with items.

What happens for the Landshark? Haven't seen it in zOMG yet.

Ah it was for the landshark ring...initially the effect we had when it hit a monster was a series of quick jagged red streaks and particles suggesting a nasty bite. We ended up adjusting them to be white instead of red

Oh. I Was thinking it was some random monster in the beach area. But I can understand why people would wwant it to change.

Oh and i have a random zOMG question.
-Will there be new rings released or are we limited to the rings we have at the moment?
ChibiSuke55
kirbyUFO
ChibiSuke55
crazy spork i am

I'm not quite sure. I know that Kirby and I were asked to tone down some of the blood for the Landshark in zOMG; but it seems to be different with items.

What happens for the Landshark? Haven't seen it in zOMG yet.

Ah it was for the landshark ring...initially the effect we had when it hit a monster was a series of quick jagged red streaks and particles suggesting a nasty bite. We ended up adjusting them to be white instead of red

Oh. I Was thinking it was some random monster in the beach area. But I can understand why people would wwant it to change.

-Will there be new rings released or are we limited to the rings we have at the moment?

We haven't been asked to make more rings so I'm going to assume that there aren't any new ones floating around, but overall I don't really have an idea on what plans are for zOMG.

Liberal Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kestin Sha
ChibiSuke55

Just so you know, zOMG questions are probably best asked in the corresponding forum. The devs on the project are very responsive in there, but don't tend to frequent AtA.

Okay, I will ask in that forum. Thank you for the hint
Shoot, I'm late for the ATA gonk

Anyway.. any idea when we are going to get the Fishing links in the Games Tab back?
Its really annoying having to go through the Fishing Forum to find the link to the map, to then be able to have fishing open in a window like we used to.
I miss easily going to Gambino or Durem crying
-peeks around and tries to spot a Simone-

Dangerous Man-Lover

Why when I applied to be a mod I got denied and was encouraged to try back when I reached Gaia standards (it has nothing to do with age). Now that I did reach Gaia's standards and re-applied I am not allowed to apply again? Also I am not allowed to apply again on any other accounts for fear of the banhammer. Is this ever going to be fixed or acknowleged I have pm'd a few mods about this and they told me to pm the admins I have heard nothing for about 3wks.
Does that mean Santa Clause can be my favorite character then?

I got a flying lession for a present, so yes, soon I'll be able to fly an airplane, and one day I'll crash and make a giant crater. Can't wait for that day to come!

I've followed everything I like to read since so much manga are online now days. I'm closely following Bakuman. It's my favorite series. Nothing I haven't watched that I'd like to see.

kaykeyser
A clarification of a question I asked last time, who is your favorite fictional character from any holiday themed movie, story book or TV special?

What did you get for Christmas? And have you managed to stop playing with it and go back to work? I got ScribbleNauts and its highly addictive. Know any good words?

What Anime or manga that you have not watched would you like to see? Or if you don’t know what content and plot lines interest you?

When you visit states for anime cons do you ever have time to enjoy the local attractions? What place do you like best? Ware do you wish you could go?

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Sinsario

Quote:
2D seems to work better as TV material anymore...well, at least in the US. The Snow Queen appears to be really interesting...almost a story I would have expected Miyazaki to do. The Princess and the Frog barely passed the budget spent on it (25 million, I think), but it'd still be considered a success. I'm a fan of 2D, but Pixar movies always have a heartwarming charm to them.

And I haven't watched TV in a long time; is 3D not taking over as much as I thought? rofl

If you watch Nickelodeon, 3D has completely taken over. You would think that since Avatar: The Last Airbender was such a success...they would make something else like it. But it did break their budget making it.....

Hoarding Hoarder

Good Evening Gaia,

I don't know if it's been asked but are there going to be DI's this month, are you cancelling them or are they just late?

User ImageBeeMovieSuits 4825/ಠ 3ಠ
User Image

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Eudaemon
Sinsario

Quote:

If you watch Nickelodeon, 3D has completely taken over. You would think that since Avatar: The Last Airbender was such a success...they would make something else like it. But it did break their budget making it.....

So should I bring my TV to the dorm or just carry on sans TV? xD

It broke their budget? ;A; I mean I didn't think it would take them to be super duper successful; but just good enough >_>

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
BlinkingBlah
Why when I applied to be a mod I got denied and was encouraged to try back when I reached Gaia standards (it has nothing to do with age). Now that I did reach Gaia's standards and re-applied I am not allowed to apply again? Also I am not allowed to apply again on any other accounts for fear of the banhammer. Is this ever going to be fixed or acknowleged I have pm'd a few mods about this and they told me to pm the admins I have heard nothing for about 3wks.

I'm quite sure that they are trying to fix it. It's supposed to be in the Mod App FAQs...but it's not.
I dunno when it'll be fixed. People asked me this question a lot when I modded and this was always the reply I gave. Still, I would double-check with an admin.

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Eudaemon
BlinkingBlah

I'm quite sure that they are trying to fix it. It's supposed to be in the Mod App FAQs...but it's not.
I dunno when it'll be fixed. People asked me this question a lot when I modded and this was always the reply I gave. Still, I would double-check with an admin.

@Sin: I think it cost them 2-3 million per episode? I know it was more than Nickelodeon spent on any other cartoon. But obviously it must be successful enough for them to make a live-action movie over it ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff