Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
W e l c o m e
to my little shop. ^^

Introduction

Hi there, I'm Sky Yam. I'm running an art shop because I'm running out of gold to buy...Well, more art! ^^ Like many Gaians around here, I love collecting art and hope to be able to get more by drawing a little myself. (Art trades are accepted and encouraged! ^^) But enough of that; let's get to the point, shall we?

So, this is a traditional art shop. This means that all of my art is hand drawn. I use pencil to create the basic sketch, then ink it and color it with colored pencil, and then scan it. I would make digital an option if I could, but unfortunately I don't have a tablet or other touchscreen device that would allow me to color well, and the last time I tried to color with a mouse...Well, it didn't go well. ^^;; I am more than willing to hire a colorist who will color my line art for a portion of a digital commission; talk to me if you are interested.

Oh yes, and thank you for visiting my shop! Feel free to stay and chat if you would like~! ^^

Announcements

This shop is open! ^^
Also: changed the prices a bit. I felt like they were a little too high... ^^; I'll refund 20k to those who offered.
#keepschangingprices XD

Added black and white samples.

This has nothing to do with the shop, but...Last day of being a minor. o_o Legal age tomorrow...Kinda scary, really. XD

Note! While this shop is open for orders, drawing will be slow until this Thursday, 1.17.2013, due to upcoming exams. Please bear with me on this. On the other hand, the more orders I get, the more I have to look forward to over the weekend. ^^
Back to drawing! What a great way to celebrate turning 18~ XD

Dapper Dabbler

Rules and Guidelines

1. Follow Gaia TOS. In other words, be nice to me and your fellow artists/commissioners.
2. Please don't pester me for the status of your art. I'm not the fastest artist in the world, so asking me every few hours how progress is coming along is not going to help.
3. You may alter my art as long as you credit me for being the original artist. If you steal my work/claim my art to be your own, I will report you.
4. No flaming, spamming, trolling, or anything of that nature allowed. Bumps are appreciated. You are also welcome to stay and chat. ^^

*I reserve the right to refuse orders and change/add rules.

Will do

Couples
Anthros/Furries (depends; talk to me about it)
I can try animals, request at your own risk.
Whatever's not on the "won't do" list

Will not do

Anything above PG-13
Full mecha
Excessive blood/gore
Clutter

Dapper Dabbler

Question and Answer

1. How much for couple art?
However much you think I should get, with a minimum of the prices I've set (see next post). No, you don't have to double the price or anything. Just add however much you think is appropriate.

2. How long will it take for me to get my art?
It depends on how many orders I get and what's happening in my life. Like the rest of you, I do have a life outside of Gaia, namely school. I don't have endless free time on my hands. So I'm sorry, but I really can't give you a straight answer on this one. We'll just have to play it by ear.

3. Do you do digital art?
Sadly, no. I don't have a tablet, which means that I would have to color everything digital with a mouse. And the last time I tried that, it didn't turn out well. So I'm sorry, but until I find a colorist, all my art will be traditionally colored with colored pencil. (If you'd like to apply to be my colorist, PM me and we'll work out details. ^^)

4. Do you do art trades?
Yes, absolutely! The main use for my gold is to purchase art, anyway, so an art trade is perfectly fine. I'll accept your art no matter what your style (as long as you don't give me something like, say, stick figures)--headshots, half bodies, full bodies, chibi, anime, sketches, color, you name it. Just post a few samples in your form so I can preview. Because I like previews. XD

5. Do I have to settle for avatar art?
Not at all. You can send me references for OCs if you'd like. Just make sure that the references have to be a clean, reasonably good representation of what your character looks like. I can't draw something very well if I have a messy picture to work from. Tektek refs are greatly preferred for Gaia avatars, but they are not necessary. If you don't include a Tektek, though, please don't change the avatar on me if I've begun drawing you already.

6. Do you do real-life commissions?
Not yet. I may do RLCs at some point, but for now, it's just Gaia gold.

7. So how does this work exactly?
I'll start when you begin the trade. When I finish your art, I'll send you a watermarked copy of it and complete my end of the trade. Then complete your end of the trade, I'll send you the original version, and we'll consider it done. ^^

Dapper Dabbler

Samples/Prices

Black and White (12k): {A} | {B} | {C}
Color (25k): {A} | {B} | {C}

*All backgrounds are white unless the commissioner requests otherwise for a colored chibi. Additional backgrounds are 5k.

Order up!

Fill out the form below and post it in this thread.

[b]To me, please:[/b] Username
[b]Here's what I'd like drawn:[/b] References - links are best
[b]I want this style:[/b] Style
[b]What I'm paying:[/b] Gold amount
[b]Trade with me?:[/b] Sample links of your art. Delete this line if you don't want to trade art.
[b]Stuff you should know:[/b] Additional details/preferences/requests etc.

I begin drawing once you send the trade.

Dapper Dabbler

Works in Progress

1. II iBlonde II - Color - Ref

Wait List

1. Villain Meets Hero - Color - Ref 1, Ref 2

Pick Up Your Order

1. I-Beautiful-Demise-I
2. shadow0kat0

Dapper Dabbler

R E S E R V E D

Dapper Dabbler

R E S E R V E D