Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheeeeee spent all of today working on my Summer Festival Art Contest entry and it is complete!

I shall share it with you all once the official time to submit entries is over ^_^

I'll be out of the house tomorrow as well (going into the city to hang out with my mum and raid some art stores cause I'm really really keen to buy me a set of copic markers to play around with *-*)

I shall hopefully be able to get started on art shop orders later tomorrow afternoon once I get back home biggrin

Thank you as well for everyone who was declined and is being super understanding about this - I look forward to seeing some names again next week!

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

HitokiriChibi
raid some art stores cause I'm really really keen to buy me a set of copic markers to play around with *-*)

eek Be careful with that. Those things are addicting. heart I have... just over 100 of them and I still feel the need to get more when I see them. For just that right color. whee And at $6 a pop, not a cheap addiction to have. sweatdrop
Tei Kae
HitokiriChibi
raid some art stores cause I'm really really keen to buy me a set of copic markers to play around with *-*)

eek Be careful with that. Those things are addicting. heart I have... just over 100 of them and I still feel the need to get more when I see them. For just that right color. whee And at $6 a pop, not a cheap addiction to have. sweatdrop

Oh I know! I got a 36 pack of Copic Ciaos and the art store guy gave me this big copic colour chart too and I've started marking off the colours I've got. I want to have all the colours crying

I think i'll just try to gets sets... I can maybe justify spending $150 for 36 as opposed to spending $5 and potentially doubling up on them in future.
whoa those are expensive D: granted i dont know what copic markers are....I kinda thought they were the things we used in elementary school to color projects XD

3,150 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Sesshirou
whoa those are expensive D: granted i dont know what copic markers are....I kinda thought they were the things we used in elementary school to color projects XD

They're what manga artists use ^^
Sesshirou

I think what balances it out is you can actually refill them. One refill pack costs around $4 but for the markers I got it will refill them around 12 times.

Some examples of what peeps can do with them.

I think they're cool because you can get such nice really flat even shading with them - thought it takes awhile to get used to them and I certainly don't know how to blend them yet XD
@Hitokiri (or do you prefer Chibi?): omg D: thats some really crazy stuff! I thought it was CG! but then it's got this more beautiful organic feeling to it.....some of those pictures are gorgeousssss!! haha i can't help but feel like i would make a total mess XD I get why they're so expensive- so much potential- and the color are so BOLD - its not like color pencils or anything else-but still have this warm rustic artist feel to it- no so

@Momo- ahhh yes I've definitely seen this on like the front/back covers of manga! i never made the connection though- haha i dont really know what i thought it was...
Haha in IRL I get called Chibi but a few peeps on the other forum I'm on call me Hitokiri. I don't mind either way :3

I think the first time I saw copics used in a manga, I just assumed the artist was using water colours or something. That's another traditional medium I'd love to get the hang of X3
Streaming while I work on Slot 1 : Momo's Matsuri and Maia Full Body couple art biggrin

Finished Momo's Couple Art!

User Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

HitokiriChibi

I think i'll just try to gets sets... I can maybe justify spending $150 for 36 as opposed to spending $5 and potentially doubling up on them in future.

My suggestion is get them at Cons when you can. I got my first set of 36 for $108 Sunday at a Con. That or wait for your art place to have good sales. About twice a year, my art supply store has a sale marking them down to $5 or so each. It helps. xp

Mythical Gekko

HitokiriChibi
Streaming while I work on Slot 1 : Momo's Matsuri and Maia Full Body couple art biggrin

Finished Momo's Couple Art!

User Image

It looks awesome~
I'm still sad I had to sleep before it was all the way done xD
Tei Kae
HitokiriChibi

My suggestion is get them at Cons when you can. I got my first set of 36 for $108 Sunday at a Con. That or wait for your art place to have good sales. About twice a year, my art supply store has a sale marking them down to $5 or so each. It helps. xp

I don't go to cons any more crying And when I did I never noticed if the ones here in Australia actually sold Copics anywhere...
i know something

It looks awesome~
I'm still sad I had to sleep before it was all the way done xD

Sleep was more important!
I feel like I can share my entry for the summer festival art contest!

Kitsuko's Grand Entrance
User Image

Mythical Gekko

sleep is for the weeeeeaaaaak!!

(And the contest entry looks awesome!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items