Welcome to Gaia! ::

...of course, just because I'd pay 5 k for a CG doesn't mean everyone will. ^^ I'm an art whore.
Songjewel
Dawnie, might I make a suggestion? You know Nyome, so you probably know about this already, but...G.A.S.O.C. But we have a guide to setting up shops that might help.

The REAL question is, how much are you not willing to do it for? Your prices better be higher than that. ^^ Because it doesn't matter what other people charge for their art...your art is unique to you. (Can you tell I'm an art shop owner? I have a flat rate of 4k...for chibis!) xd so you go ahead and charge whatever you feel is reasonable, and don't be ashamed to raise your prices if it gets difficult to keep up with.

The natural media (colored pencil, maybe?) onelooks nicely blanded and shaded, so I'd say it's pretty good quality. Probably not as time consuming as CG, but it takes real materials, which cost money. 1-2 k?

Your CG is really good. If you spend a good bit of time on it, don't let it walk away for less than a couple k. I would say those full-bodies are worth about 5 k, give or take, for a standard commission. I have no doubt you could potentially get more in a contest or auction.

The animals are cute but look a bit forced...maybe it's because they have straight outlines when most animals are furry and the fur affects their outline. So they probably wouldn't go for quite as much. You're still better than me, though. xd

You might also consider a price-by-piece method, where you give an estimate according to the request.

...I hope this helps. sweatdrop If not, I just wasted a lot of typing! blaugh

I think this was *very* Helpful. Thanks a load! I'm going to go join GASOC. ^^ I don't think you wasted your typing, this is my favorite response yet! ^^
Dawnie .-. Chan

I think this was *very* Helpful. Thanks a load! I'm going to go join GASOC. ^^ I don't think you wasted your typing, this is my favorite response yet! ^^

Yay! ^^ I like your art, so I'm glad I could help.
Heh... it's just when I look at 5k it looks like a lot, considering I only have that much. XD And then I see artists with expensive art and I'm like... such a small difference in the art and yet so much more expensive. It's so hard to find a good price. I'll go continue searching for some shops to base off of. smile
Just going to keep poking this for some more suggestions. Never know what others might think. ^^;
I agree with the person who typed a lot! xd

I'd tell you my personal prices but I couldnt see the samples since my comp. is kinda slow right now and DA makes it even go even more slowly! sweatdrop

But with what I could see for a chibi was awesome so I agree with her! 3nodding
*pokes* Thanks... heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas