Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random, ever-changing poll! What is your drink of choice?

Soda 0.125 12.5% [ 4 ]
Tea 0.5625 56.2% [ 18 ]
Coffee 0.09375 9.4% [ 3 ]
Water 0.1875 18.8% [ 6 ]
Juice 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Energy drink 0.03125 3.1% [ 1 ]
Sports drink 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Gold whore 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29 30 31 > >>

Blessed Seeker

User Image

wahmbulance Want a chance to win a sweet pair of miniwings? Check out my art contest! wahmbulance
I also need refs for the contest! Basically anyone who doesn't have sidebar art, or whose art could be improved a little. At the moment, my high priorities are Daedalus, Vincent, Zevran, and Avalon. Lower priorities are Catherine and Markos. If you want to draw for me, please consider one of them! heart

Welcome to my humble art request thread! Please read the rules in the next post! heart If you're looking for a specific character, or want a rough overview, use the directory below; otherwise, feel free to browse! I have nearly two full pages of characters for you to choose from! The characters in this thread are owned by three different people, so if there is something missing/you have a question it might take a bit to get you the answer. heart

If you feel like drawing for me, please leave some samples, your price range, and who/what you feel like drawing (if you know; it's totally cool if you just want to leave the decision up to me.)

**I do art trades! Examples of my humble skills are here.**

I adore romantic/sexy pictures (even if it's not necessarily the "right" pairing; those can even be humorous sometimes), action poses, groups/couples, "book covers", character ref sheets, humor, mini-stories, alternate costume designs (especially steampunk/high fantasy/sci-fi), and pictures that give me feels. Some of these characters are from different universes than the others; however, they all have free rein to run around together outside of story so feel free to draw any of them you like together. (Some of them regularly hang out outside of story.) If you have questions, or need pose ideas/suggestions, I'm always happy to help.

Currently craving: Miranda & Ivan couple

Directory

Funds status: 44.1mil

Blessed Seeker

User Image

1. No PM's, plz.
You may only PM me to deliver artwork.

2. Unless I've hired you, don't draw me something and expect payment.
Gift art is awesome! I love gift art! I will usually even tip if it's amazing!
But the operative word here is GIFT.

3. I am willing to do art trades.
Make a request in the thread, leave some samples, ask to see mine,
we'll work something out. Please note my time is limited so it might take a while.

4. Here's how it works.
You make offer. I accept offer. I send trade.
You complete artwork, accept trade, and send me a watermarked picture.
I complete trade. You send clean copy.

5. No auction or art shop links.
The only exception is if you're directing me there to view your samples.

6. I might not commission you!
Don't get upset. I'm kind of picky and your style might not be my thing.
It's not a personal thing against you.

7. Lack of communication = canceled trade.
If I don't hear from you after about a month, I'm going to assume
you're no longer interested in the commission. If it's going to TAKE longer than a month,
that's completely fine! I'm patient! Just let me know up front,
or drop me a status update that says
you're swamped with finals/your dog died/your computer ate your tablet.

8. You name the prices.
I haven't been a part of the paying art scene for several years.
My sense of price is probably pretty skewed. Tell me what you're willing to do for me
and how much you want for it. I might haggle, we'll negotiate,
but give me something to work with.

9. I have a life.
I have a job and several other obligations and I can't
be on top of the thread at all times. I might not be able to respond
to your request right away, but I will get there.

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"You are the spawn of the demonai, of celestial beings who live to hurt and rape and kill the innocent life on this world.
I am sworn to destroy every last one of them. I am angelus and I will not hesitate to bleed you dry."

"I have the honor to serve as Weaver's Angel of Chaos."

"I'll come back until I can't. It's as simple as that."

User Image

Death so beautiful
Looks so beautiful to me
I can see them everywhere
They're all around me, they're waiting for me
Descending, unrelenting beauty of annihilation
Looks like your prophet was mistaken
Is life really gone or just been wasted?
Death so close that I can taste it

Stand my ground, I won't give in
No more denying, I've gotta face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground

Send us a blindfold, send us a blade
Tell the survivors help is on the way
I was a blind fool, never complained
I was the one with the world at my feet
Got us a battle, leave it up to me

What it is and where it stops nobody knows
You gave me a life I never chose
I wanna leave but the world won't let me go

Quick Reference

Race: Angel, Tier II
Title: Angel of Chaos
Hair: Long, silver
Eyes: Silver
Skin: Dark tan
Build: Medium-athletic, 5'7"
Wings: Black bat wings with a tinge of red
Powers: Elemental lightning; standard angelic powers (telepathy, teleportation between
realms, minor illusion, energy blasts, general bag of tricks); minor healing

Theme Song: Stand My Ground by Within Temptation
Ideal Pairing: Vertigo
D&D Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Tarot Card: Judgment
Personality Keywords: Confidence, competence, judgment, arrogance
Virtue/Vice: Justice/Pride
Real Person Ref: Tawny Cypress
Tea Blend: Angel of Chaos

In-Depth Description

Konran's normal outfit is a sleeveless black collared vest top that zips up and leaves her midriff exposed. The zipper pull is shaped like a circle. She wears a black choker with a gold crescent moon charm on it. She wears a black skirt that's fairly short (not mini-skirt length but not to her knees either) and a chain belt. On her arms she wears black bracers/armwarmers that come down to her hands with a hole for her thumbs, and buckle three times up the sides. Black knee-high lace-up boots with buckles finish out the outfit. Her wings are bat-like, black with a tinge of red to them. When disguising herself as human, her hair goes black, her eyes more of a normal grey, her wings disappear (although she can disappear them at will anyway), and she may dress in a different manner in order to blend in.

She has long silver hair that reaches to about her waist; the tips of her hair just brush her hips, and it is slightly longer in the center than on the sides, forming a widely angled triangle whose point touches the middle of her tailbone. She generally wears it loose, and it has high-swept bangs that fall somewhat in her eyes. Her silver eyes are narrow and tilty, flat, metallic, and opaque, and her lips are fairly prominent (not to like, Angelina Jolie proportions, but definitely noticeable.) Slightly arched eyebrows give her a perpetually almost haughty expression. She has high cheekbones and generally very finely-cut features on a face that's longer than it is round without being rectangular, with a chin that's kind of a middle ground between square and pointed. Her skin is very dark tan, almost like very light African-American tone. She's fairly curvy, but with definite muscle under all the curve.

Her weapons are two daggers (reference picture further down), and the moon staff (reference picture also further down). The staff has a black pole and a heavy gold crescent moon on the top, and is fairly tall; the bottom curve of the moon should be about level with the top of her head. A clear jewel rests in the curve of the crescent and a black halo floats at a tilt around the top. Something sharp and pointy-looking should be on the bottom as the counterweight.

Has a special ascended form, the Templaress. I have no special design for this, at least not one that I'm particularly attached to. (I did at one point play with the idea of her wings turning white/silver but again, I am not firmly attached to this.) Go nuts.

Personality/Background

Konran is, to put it simply, something of a b***h.

She died at an early age. An angel and a demon fought in the mortal realm near where she lived and touched off a magical explosion that killed pretty much everyone else. However, she was pre-destined by the Goddess to become an angel (all angels are mortals who have died, usually at a young age, and chosen this way) and awoke to find rain drizzling on the ruins of her home and wings on her back. The angel from the fight, Jigoku, found her and took her to the angelic realm, becoming her mentor of sorts.

For the first bit of her life as an angel, she was quiet and studious, learning all she could about magic over fighting. Magic, to her, was endlessly fascinating, and she had the right kind of mind for it, borderline genius-level at casting and creating spells. Fighting lessons were mandatory but her heart really wasn't in it. Preferring to spend her time in the library rather than in weapons practice, Jigoku practically had to force her to pay attention to that aspect of her training. Eventually, though, she was ready for her First Kill.

There are three tiers of angels, and a novice level below all these. To move to Tier I, a novice angel must make her First Kill, killing a demon alone in combat. While the fight didn't exactly go perfectly smoothly, Konran prevailed, and began to travel on occasion to the mortal realm with Jigoku. She saw the atrocities the demons committed, and almost without her realizing it, she started to hate them. She was taught that she was right and they were wrong but no reasoning for this view. Slowly she was ceasing to think about her moral reasoning.

Then Jigoku went on a mission to the demonic realm and things got ugly. Konran begged to be allowed to go with her, but Jigoku refused. Konran waited, and waited, and waited. One or two of the other angels came back. Jigoku didn't. The death of her mentor catalyzed a fierce hatred and bitterness toward the demons, and she became a hunter, spending all her time either weapons training or on the mortal realm tracking down demons so she could kill them. Her personality went from curious and studious to cold and almost obsessively focused. But then rumors of a new threat coming out of the demonic realm started to surface... rumors of a deadly superweapon that would leave any angel defenseless... The Angel of Destiny began acting strangely... and suddenly it seemed there was a battle on more than one front...

Konran holds nothing but hatred for the demonic race, and depending on how much of the demonic aspect is in them, either hates or pities the half-demons. Often when she finds a half-demon it will be "put out of its misery." She doesn't really stop to think about why she hates demons apart from "they're bad", or think about why she's in the right. She just knows her side is best and she has to win. (She's also quite competitive due to this.) Occasionally she will even disobey orders or regulations to ensure a victory. Konran often comes across as a very cold, arrogant, emotionless personality, but most of this impression is due to the fact that she is so singleminded. She is the type who will kill one to save hundreds emotionlessly, and weep about it in private, if at all. She wants more than anything to be thought of as a strong, capable warrior, and hates showing weakness of any kind.

She has her goals, she knows what she wants, and if you get in her way she will not hesitate to kill you or leave you behind if you slow her down. She doesn't make friends easily and she's quite cold, to the point where it hurts her relationships with everyone else. Almost nobody in the angelic realm likes her (although she does have a few friends among some of the older angels; see: Chishio), but if you asked them they would readily admit that she is very good at what she does. What she does is kill demons.

Tracking down her latest prey, Konran eventually runs into Commander's group, and Vertigo. She's ready to dismiss him offhand as just another half-breed, but forced by Commander to spend time with him, he slowly begins to throw off her expectations about what someone with demonic blood should be like. She still acts rather condescending and stand-offish toward him, but he just won't quit trying, and slowly her guard begins to drop. They eventually become lovers, with the most unbreakable, passionate bond.

Quirks:

- Cannot drink alcohol. If she starts getting drunk she starts losing control of her powers. She can cause quite a bit of damage, as things tend to randomly explode.
- Would gladly destroy herself/go on a suicidal mission if it meant certain victory for the angelic forces.
- Both hates and loves Weaver for allowing her this second life.
- If you offered her that classic situation where the world could be perfect if it meant the death of one innocent child, she would choose to kill the child.
- Is fiercely loyal to any cause she chooses to back, to the point of blind fanaticism.

Tektek:
Just a rough idea, I'm limited by the available items

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

More Refs:

My favorite ref that I've drawn
Polyvore set
Three refs I drew; wings, staff, attitude (middle one)
Daggers
Mindblowing Templaress design

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Blessed Seeker

Minor Characters: Konran

User ImageUser Image
Chishio
"*covered in blood* ....Don't worry, it's not mine."

Hair: Long, white with red streaks and straight bangs
Eyes: Purple
Skin: Pale
More Refs: Tektek

Chishio is the Angel of Blood, which makes combat situations with her... interesting, to say the least. She is one of the oldest angels currently existing, and a particular friend of Konran's. She is best described as a ball of energy, never sitting still. Somewhat of a leader figure among the angels (at least as close as angels get to a leader), she heads the group opposing Tourmaline. Her appearance is younger than most angels choose, and she wears a red and white plaid jumper with a white short-sleeved shirt underneath, with black flat shoes. Her staff is wooden, with a split fork at the end, wrapped in purple ribbon. Her wings are feathery and white.

User ImageUser Image
Jigoku
"If you don't stop making dumb mistakes and start focusing, I'm gonna end up with a new novice and have to start all over."

Hair: Chin length, layered, deep red fading through orange to yellow
Eyes: Deep red
Skin: Medium

Before her death, this incarnation of the Angel of Hell (a loosely translated concept; more of that universe's vision of the afterlife) was Konran's teacher and mentor. A hard taskmistress and cheerfully abusive, she was not above whacking her student on the head with her weapon when she felt that Konran failed to perform up to her potential. However, underneath all that was a genuine sense of love and care for her student, and a true desire for her to become the best that she could possibly be. She wore a black jacket with white fur trim, a short black tanktop, a shortish red plaid skirt, black ankle boots, and red gloves. Her backup weapon was a katana, and as her polearm she carried an ornate halberd. Her wings were feathery and red.

User ImageUser Image
Tourmaline
"Such a waste, really. You could have been one of our strongest allies... you could have done so much good after the war ends."

Hair: Long, turquoise
Eyes: Fucshia/magenta
More Refs: x x x x Tektek

When an angel reaches their third tier of power, they are granted a revelation. Tourmaline was once the Angel of Destiny, but when she received her revelation, it broke her mind. She became convinced that humans were the entire problem, and if they were gone, angels and demons would have no reason to fight. She became determined to stop the war. Unwilling to commit genocide directly, she instead began to seek the Lodestone, a mythical artifact of power, in order to destroy the universe and recreate it, but this time without humans. Changing her name to Tourmaline to reflect her quest, she did anything and everything she could to gain support, including charming, lying, manipulating, and torturing. Her hair is long and luxurious, her appearance and manner of dress indicating that she very rarely does physical labor. She tends to dress in clingy, revealing outfits. Her staff design is quite similar to the Stella Leporidae Star Staff item, and is made of wood. Her wings are feathery and black.

User ImageUser Image
Onyx
"Yes, Mistress."

Hair: Shortish, black
Eyes: Black
Skin: Medium-pale
More Refs: x x x Tektek

Onyx was once Sakuran, the Angel of Confusion, and Konran's partner and lover. They disagreed radically on Tourmaline's views, however, and this tore them apart. Onyx became Tourmaline's lover and right hand man, often doing her dirty work for her. He is rather cold and arrogant, and very ruthless. His hair hangs just below his ears, slightly longer in the back than in the front and rather shaggy, and he dresses in almost military-style black clothing, very precisely tailored. His wings are feathery and white. He prefers daggers and poison, but his staff is black, topped with a large metal circle, a clear jewel resting in the bottom curve, with two black bat wings adorning the top of the circle.

User ImageUser Image
Nyx
"K-Konran... I'm scared..."

Hair: To mid-back, black
Eyes: Green
More Refs: x x x x Tektek

Nyx is the Angel of Night, and a brand new angel. She is sent to Konran for training. Timid and shy, she's not quite settled into her new life yet, and acts very unsure about most aspects of her training, much less killing demons. She isn't quite sure what to make of Konran's relationship with Vertigo. She wears flowing black pants, a white halter top, and white armwarmers with three large holes cut out of each. White sandals adorn her feet. Her staff is white, with what looks like an upside down bowl on the top, which is topped with a white star. Her wings are dragon-like and white.

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"Look, I know I’m just a half-breed mutant freak or whatever, but I wanted to say that, for what it’s worth,
I’ve never seen anything like you before. Up until I met you, I never even knew that there were such things as angels and demons.
But you have power, and that’s something I can respect."

“You’re even more pathetic than the rest of them. Why did they even let you onto the field?”

“How am I supposed to know anything if you don’t tell me? You act so high
and mighty, like you’re so far above me, and maybe you are, but maybe I wouldn’t be so far
beneath you if you’d just bother to ******** explain something once in a while!”

User Image

Cut me free, bleed with me
One by one, we will fall, down down
Pull the plug, end the pain, run´n fight for life
Hold on tight, this ain´t my fight

I am hiding from some beast
But the beast was always here
Watching without eyes
Because the beast is just my fear
That I am just nothing
Now it's just what I've become
What am I waiting for
Its already done
So give me something to believe
'Cause I am living just to breathe
And I need something more
To keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe

It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing in me
Looking at my own reflection
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes
There is no turning back now
You've woken up the demon in me

Quick Reference

Race: Half-demon
Hair: Just brushing shoulders, black
Eyes: Blue (normal), Red (Blazer form, demonic side in control)
Skin: Tannish
Build: Muscular/toned, 6'2"
Wings: Red dragon wings
Powers: Fire projectiles, fire/earth Lava Blast projectiles,
rapid healing, slight sixth sense, Blazer transformation

Theme Song: Tenth Man Down by Nightwish
Ideal Pairing: Konran
D&D Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Tarot Card: The Tower
Personality Keywords: Tenacity, faithfulness, naivete, short-temperedness
Virtue/Vice: Fortitude/Wrath
Real Person Ref: Aidan Turner no facial hair though! </3
Tea Blend: Blazer

In-Depth Description

Vertigo has jet black hair that hangs to just above his shoulders, layered so that it's a bit shorter in the front than it is in the back with short bangs. It's a little messy as if he'd finger-combed his hair, so it's not perfectly straight but not all over the place either. His eyes are moderate sized and a dark blue, though they will lighten or darken slightly with mood. His eyes switch to red when his demon side takes over or he is in his Blazer form. His face is slightly angular but also a little round with slightly chiseled features, all coming down to a somewhat pointed chin. His eyebrows are angled upwards so the outside points are clearly higher than the inside points. His skin is tan from the desert sun. He's fairly tall with a lean muscular build. His wings, when out, are dragon-like in appearance, red with black boning.

His Blazer form is a transformation, causing the entirety of his eyes to turn bright red and slightly glowing and his body to get completely covered in red armor. The armor looks somewhat segmented with thick metal pieces along the shoulders, plated metal going down his arms, and layered armor along his chest. His waist is covered in smooth metal with a black trim around it. His leg armor is a bit more ornate with engravings along the thighs and calves and plates along the knees and ankles. His hands are covered with gloves with metal pieces on them while his feet are covered with metal boots.

Vertigo has several outfits at his disposal. Generally speaking, if he's working with the mercenaries, he's wearing a desert camo vest unzipped with several pockets for ammunition and tools, desert camo fatigue pants with a cloth belt, and black military boots that come up to about halfway to his knees with the pants tucked into them. If he's alone, he wears a tattered black cloak around most of him with dark earth-toned slacks and vest, and buckled black boots with about four or five buckles going up the boot. On rare occasions, he'll get dressed up and wear a trench coat with four buckles around the waist, a zipper for down the middle with a heavy metal (as in literally heavy) zip, several pairs of holes along the back for ventilation, a dark charcoal shirt hanging past the hem of his pants, and black jeans a little baggy at the bottoms with black leather boots underneath. Basically, any dark heavy metal/gothy outfit will be to his taste, but it's not overly flamboyant in style. Black is his personal choice in attire, though he will wear other clothes if it is practical.

His weapon of choice is a massive sword some 7 feet in length and straight with a broad single-edged blade, a circular guard, a thick grip, and a small pommel. It's generally carried tied to himself as no sheath will fit it, with the blade wrapped in cloth. Not permitting such, he usually carries a military-style rifle. He can wield a wide variety of weapons, but he rarely carries any other weapon than his sword or his rifle.

Personality/Background

When Commander came across the small village of Little Peyote, he discovered a dying woman holding a baby in her arms. Under normal circumstances, Commander would have offered to have one of his men take the baby somewhere to be protected if anything at all, but he made a peculiar choice and took it upon himself to raise the child. Thus, from day one, Vertigo was a special something.

A very special something, he became.

Commander originally named the small baby Ataru, but as the child became older, he had a distressing tendency to be a little klutzy. He eventually grew out of it, but by that time, the nickname "Vertigo" had stuck, and it was his name from then on. If perhaps as much from lacking any competent parent as a product of his environment, Vertigo was trained to be self-sufficient as soon as he could be. Trained by a variety of different officers and mercenaries in a variety of different trades and skills until the age of 10, he was probably the most self-reliant child one could imagine. He still needed care in the early years, but he quickly learned what was necessary once he was old enough to know what needed to do. By age 8, he was cleaning his own clothes, keeping track of what few artifacts or trinkets he was permitted to own, and could help maintain the variety of melee weapons in the armory. By age 10, he could fire a rifle, wield a sword fairly well, do basic first aid, and help take temporary shelters up and down. His only shortfall was his inability to make a complex meal, being only able to cook something in boiling water or a couple of things over a fire. It would be Commander's doing from that point forward to raise him.

The mercenaries, at first, didn't much care for having a kid among their ranks. However, Vertigo's can-do spirit and spunk when dealing with adversity started to rub off on them. He always carried a smirk when someone challenged him to a task, and sparring usually ended with Vertigo gloating and puffing out his chest. He had no problem charming people with a big grin and deep blue eyes with his hair all ruffled all over the place. Eventually, once they realized that he would be a big asset with his superior strength and stamina, they grew to like him. A few were wowed by his disproportional power, but mostly they treated him like one of their own.

At age eleven, on the way into town with Commander, a young girl snatched up one of Vertigo's possessions. Chasing her down and eventually dragging her back, Commander decided to offer her shelter in exchange for her servitude. While initially rejecting the offer, she grew to liking Vertigo enough and stayed in camp with them. Over the next few years, Vertigo and Tina grew closer and closer until falling in love. By late teenage years, they had started discussing breaking out on their own and starting their own life.

Then two things happened: he lost Tina, and the Darkness woke up.

Tina came across two men harassing a woman and tried to put a stop to it, but both men proved to be far more strong than expected. Even with Vertigo's help, they eventually overpowered them and stabbed Tina severely. As Tina laid dying in his arms, he felt a presence within him start to push its will upon him, offering power in exchange for his self-control. While it had no literal will of its own, Vertigo still argued back and fought to maintain control but lost. When Commander found him, both men were dead and most of the town in flames with Vertigo clutching Tina's dead body and snarling.

Vertigo hasn't been the same since.

Even with Nathan and Bliss as companions, he's lost his spark and coasts through life aimlessly. He lacks any sort of self-guidance, feeling empty as if a large part of him has been lost. Even though he still has a sense of duty, he lacks a certain drive. However, deep within him, he still has the need to exceed and succeed, to be the best, to excel and become something greater. What that will be? Only time will tell....

Vertigo, for the most part, is the brooding anti-hero. He rarely shows particular interest in anything, being mostly stoic and distant from most people and sometimes hostile if irritated, glaring and willing to put up a fight if not left to his own devices. However, while not outspoken about the needs of others, he will still do his part to make sure justice is served for those in need. Quiet and reserved, he goes about the daily duties of the camp and assignments given to him by Commander with no fuss and no fanfare, though he will still grow irate if given duties he feels are below him.

His relationship with his two companions, Nathan and Bliss, is tenuous. Nathan, by comparison to Vertigo, is deeply passionate about the rights of the people and helping the needy, having been a leader of a rebel group in a city oppressed by a tyrannical lord. He tries to spur Vertigo's interest and desire to be a hero, while Vertigo often instills a pragmatic viewpoint on matters. The two have a rivalry, often sparring hand to hand despite Nathan's lack of training in martial arts. Bliss, on the other hand, is both put off and attracted to Vertigo's unwillingness to be attached to her, tolerating her presence and succumbing to her seduction but hardly having any serious feelings for her. She often sparks a conflict between Nathan and Vertigo over his treatment of her, Nathan feeling that he could treat her better and Vertigo simply not feeling responsible for Bliss expecting more out of him. Overall, however, Vertigo will go out of his way to save either of them with an unholy rage should something happen to either of them.

Vertigo's relationship with Commander and the mercenaries is rooted with a deep sense of respect for them, having been raised by them and seeing the trial and tribulations they experience just to keep the camp going. Commander's sometimes juvenile behavior might put him off at times, but he knows that Commander has what it takes to keep things together and respects him for that. While he won't follow Commander's orders to the letter, he'll ultimately do what he knows is right and what is expected of him even begrudgingly. Being as they are the closest thing he has to a family, he is scarcely willing to let anything happen to them.

Once he encounters Konran, however, his entire world turns upside down. No longer the top dog in the world, he is driven by a need to regain the top spot, prove himself to her (regardless if he realizes this), and find himself a real purpose in the world. Perhaps filling the emptiness he had felt for so long, she is the biggest catalyst in his life since Tina had entered it so many years ago. Left vulnerable and wounded in pride, he experiences the best and worst he has ever felt, driven by the pain he's feeling but fueled by her presence to improve himself in just about every way he can imagine.

Quirks:

- As a half-breed, if he wants his wings to appear, they must burst through the skin of his back (and yes, this is as painful and messy as it sounds.)
- He has an abnormal resistance to drinks containing vodka for some reason.
- His sword is made of an exotic metal with exceptional density, giving it a heft so great that few others can lift it.
- He very much dislikes the rain.
- Despite his experience with sex, he still has a very firm sense of modesty. Seeing a woman walk around naked startles him severely, and he hates being seen naked.
- Cannot cook to save his life.

Tektek:

Blazer form

More Refs:

A beautiful interpretation of Blazer form
Build, hair
This guy
Sword, at least the size

Blessed Seeker

Minor Characters: Vertigo

User ImageUser Image
Tina
"Haha! Jackpot! Who's in the money now?!"

Hair: To hips, black, tightly braided
Eyes: Brown
More Refs: x

Tina was a bundle of joy and energy, having a bounce in her step and a gleam in her eye as well as a pure view on love and life. She was a klepto, however, and could steal the hide off your back only to throw it away moments later. She dressed in tank tops and pants with a cloth jacket if things got cool, sometimes sporting knives.

User ImageUser Image
Faction
"When we're in my club, we do things my way.
If we're in your club, we'll b***h about the bad beer and piss on the floor."

Hair: Black
Eyes: Red
Skin: Tannish

Faction is, simply put, a d**k. He's a d**k to everyone and cocky as can be, not above putting even his closest in command down a few notches for the slightest infraction and demanding attention and reverence in his own establishments. He is the supreme commander of the demonic army, using the sway and presence of his forces to enlist others into his forces and enforce his sense of law, much to the chagrin of the carefree, anarchistic demons. He dresses to impress in leather and denim, all in black. He looks much like Vertigo except a little bulkier in build with a wrinkle or two around the eyes and a few scars to be seen. He prefers to fight barefisted, though he will use a sword when given the chance.

User ImageUser Image
Nathan
"Come on, everyone! We're not done fighting yet!"

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Fair

Nathan's preference for dress is as casual as he can - jeans, t-shirt, and shoes. He sometimes wears a cap on his head. His hair is just long enough to reach just above his ears. Nathan is, simply put, the most go-getting individual of Commander's crew. He constantly strives towards excellence in combat, discipline, and in all his friendships; he'll bend over backwards to help someone and won't ever give up in a fight. He fights with large projectile weapons, usually oversized cannons and huge machine guns that look like they belong on a large military vehicle. While Vertigo's and Bliss' friend, he often feels like a third wheel to their relationship and is constantly trying to convince Bliss that he is a better companion than Vertigo.

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"We didn't get s**t for the artifacts. That was some rare s**t, too,
and we barely got enough to cover expenses. If Commander would just listen-"

"Maybe if you weren't such a lazy a**, you wouldn't be so bored."

"I say we dust the b***h right here, right now."

User Image

So goodbye my solid ground
I'm an engine that won't break down
A lonely chord without a song
Searching for an orchestration where I belong

It's just one of those days where you don't want to wake up
Everything is ********
Everybody sucks
You don't really know why
But you want to justify
Rippin' someone's head off

Somewhere life is good, and things go as they should
It's hard to find, but that's all right
Searching for the way, push harder every day
No one can ever slow me down
I'll stay unbound

Quick Reference

Race: Half-demon
Hair: Chin-length, blonde with blood red streaks
Eyes: Green/hazel
Skin: Tan
Build: Curvy, toned, 5'8"
Powers: Ability to sense metal and other precious minerals from long distance, slight ability to
manipulate metal (picking locks, bending metal slightly), less easily hurt by metal weapons

Theme Song: Unbound by Avenged Sevenfold
D&D Alignment: Neutral Evil
Tarot Card: The Hierophant
Personality Keywords: Charisma, prejudice, selfishness, boldness
Virtue/Vice: Fortitude/Envy
Real Person Ref: Malin Akerman
Tea Blend: Ecstasy

In-Depth Description

Bliss has bright blond hair that's just this side of platinum cut to just below her chin around her head and shorter in the bangs to keep from obscuring her view. It has thin blood-red streaks in it. Her hair is usually finger-combed, though it is sometimes styled with the hair pulled back or parted. It's cut even enough not to look neglected, but it by no means looks professionally done. She has large eyes that seem to shift between green and hazel almost supernaturally and deeply canted eyebrows of the same sharp blond color of her hair. Her face is somewhat round in shape with a delicate chin and small nose, but her bone structure is almost square to give her an overall aggressive expression by nature. Her lips are slightly plump but not entirely distinct from the rest of her face. She's toned and slightly taller than the average woman with a modest chest but has distinguishable curve to her, though her hips and thighs are clearly backed by muscle rather than fat. She looks genetically gifted rather than simply plush.

She wears very revealing clothing, usually with just a tube top or a very skimpy tank top to cover her torso and very short shorts or skirt to give her modesty. Conversely, she alternates between boots and tennis shoes for her feet. She occasionally will wear a dress or nicer clothes when she's hitting town with a pair of heels, indicating that she's just as comfortable being girly as she is getting dirty finding treasure.

Personality/Background

Bliss is the rare product of a human father and a demonic mother. Female demons by nature are loathe to give birth to inferior half-breed young and will often forcibly abort their own young and consume it rather than raise it. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, her mother was intrigued enough with the idea of her own personal pet being bred to be her liking and decided to keep her young. Due to this, Bliss endured unimaginable torment at the hands of her own flesh and blood. It was only thanks to trickery and a desperate need to escape her captor's torment that she got an upper hand on her own mother and slew her, leaving her free to make her own way in the world. Unfortunately, work at the age of 12 is difficult to find and it was under the tutelage of an artifact seller that she got her own job at just a tiny fraction of what he made.

Then, puberty hit and the Darkness awoke.

Bliss had no qualms accepting that the Darkness was a part of her. Accepting its offer to help make her life far easier if she simply surrendered to it, she let it ingrain itself into the very fabric of her identity and swindled, stole, and betrayed one person after the other until she hit bank and simply slaughtered those that came after her. When the town became so afraid of her that they turned to rifles and pitchforks to drive her out, she simply went to the next town.

That's when Commander found her and recognized her talent.

Honing her skill into a legitimate trade rather than one of crime, she helped him find treasure load after treasure load while making more money than she could imagine. However, it was ultimately Vertigo's dark allure that kept her within the ranks of the mercenaries. While his distance drove her crazy, his low-maintenance independence appealed to her and she made every effort to ensure that he kept coming back for her, even if she knew he would never be hers.

Bliss is a con artist by day and a lucrative assassin by night. She has no qualms slitting throats and poisoning men and women to help remove resistance against Commander's influence within cities and towns while selling artifacts to artists and prize collectors. Bliss is very much aware of her allure and even more so comfortable in her own sexuality, though she's loathe to cheapen herself. She's part tomboy, part seductress, and part pirate.

If there was one thing that could be her downfall, however, it is her pride and by proxy her envy. She bristles at the idea of another man looking at another woman blatantly in her presence. She does not like to have a professional rival and will go to great lengths to surpass them. Her appearance is crucial, even if she doesn't always strive to maintain it. Thus, once Konran proves to be a better fighter than she is, she's infuriated. It's only that much worse when it's clear to her that Konran has more of Vertigo's attention than she does, making her absolutely ballistic. It's this sentiment that drives her to join the demonic army later on in her life and take on numerous cybernetic augmentations and genetic therapy to push her capabilities to the limit in exchange for servitude for the rest of her life.

Quirks:

- Prefers men that are difficult to catch but is more than willing to sleep with someone desperate just to make up for her loneliness.
- Her weight varies slightly during the seasons with her putting on slightly more weight during colder seasons and then becoming almost completely toned during warmer ones.
- Has an absolute aversion to covering her body completely, usually wearing clothes that expose her back, midriff, upper chest, and legs to some degree.
- Generally has no preferences in weaponry but is more proficient with daggers and whips as well as automatic firearms.

Tektek:
Just a rough idea; I'm limited by the available items

More Refs:

I drew this one <3
This picture

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"Whoa, ice dagger glare and everything. Really, what is your problem?
I didn't even hurt anyone this time... Well, there was that one guy I did sort of roast... "

"That is so uncool."

"Wassup, chica?!"

User Image
You're sick of feeling numb
You're not the only one
I'll take you by the hand
And I'll show you a world that you can understand
This life is filled with hurt
When happiness doesn't work
Trust me, and take my hand
When the lights go out, you'll understand

We've got nowhere to go
We've got nothing to prove
Instead of dancing alone I should be dancing with you
This song turning me on
The beat is doing me in
Or maybe it's only you
But either way let's begin

Break me down, you got a lovely face
We're going to your place
And now you got to freak me out
Scream so loud, getting ********' laid
You want me to stay, but I got to make my way

Hey
You're a crazy b***h
But you ******** so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Quick Reference

Race: Demon
Hair: Spiky, red
Eyes: Red
Build: Slender, 5'10"
Wings: Bat-like, black boning and red webbing, with a layer of red feathers on the outside
Powers: Fire manipulation, fire shielding, basic
bag of tricks (aura reading, minor illusion)

Theme Song: Pain by Three Days Grace
Tarot Card: The Fool
Personality Keywords: Magnetism, charm, laziness, obsessiveness
Virtue/Vice: Prudence/Gluttony
Real Person Ref: James Marsden
Tea Blend: Fire Demon

In-Depth Description

Axel has short red hair that's spiky, obviously gelled or glued into spikes about one or two inches tall. His eyes are a bold red, not quite bright but far from dark with slightly narrow, uplifted eyes that indicate mischief. His eyebrows are slightly tilted downwards and thin, also red with a slight curve upwards on the inner side. His nose is thin and pointy. His face is angular with high cheek bones and a flat chin. His skin is tan, body slender but not thin with no defined muscles. His wings (when visible) are bat-like in style, black boning and red webbing with red feathers along the outsides of the wings. There is a scar across the bridge of his nose and another running across his face under his left eye.

His attire is stylish in nature with nice jackets, dress shirts, and slacks with formal shoes and cuffs. He generally dresses in a manner to be presentable and attractive, though he's also the type of person that will dress with lots of buckles, chains, studs, and spikes all over just to be flashy - one of his jackets has a collar with a ring of studs along it and spikes along the shoulders and cuffs with lots of buckles along the sides. He usually wears some type of choker, though he sometimes wears a collar with a spike and a loop in the front. He has his tongue pierced with a thick bar and both ears pierced. His favored weapons are two thin swords.

Personality/Background

Axel is your typical party-hardy demon. Drugs, alcohol, sex, loud music, and junk food are all part of his daily regimen. He frequently visits the mortal realm to charm both humans and half-demons to join him in the demonic realm out of pure amusement, finding the challenge entertaining but often abandoning a cause if the person seems to require genuine effort to coax back. His handsome looks and magnetic behavior, however, make such matters trivial. He rarely fights and instead prefers to use charisma to get the point across, but he's a very competent fighter and isn't shy to draw blades and summon magic to do battle. He's brash, loud, full of cheesy pickup lines, and totally self-centered, but also charming and fun-loving.

Axel, however, has a massive obsession with angels. During one of the many wars between the angels and the demons that have wrecked the mortal plane, Axel came across an angel that tickled his fancy. Though scarcely trained to fight as well as an angel, his charm managed to garner the angel's interest enough and he had a brief tryst with her. While nothing serious came of it, they saw each other a few more times before her death at the hands of a massive weapon the demons were using against the angels. At once highly fascinated by her and a little disenchanted by the demons, he spent huge amounts of energy locating, reading, and interpreting the works of angels. Combined with his efforts to learn the demonic dialect of the Celestial language, he practiced in the ways of the angels and became highly proficient in both hand to hand combat as well as magic. This was, of course, all done in secret as to not raise the ire of demons.

He still seeks an angel to make his own, though he also enjoys the demonic lifestyle over the stuffy habits of angels. He's come across a few thus far, but they either wound up too weak to appeal to him or were too strong to subjugate. It's possible, however, that his time on the mortal realm could have him stumbling into the angel of his dreams...

Quirks:

- His wings, both demonic and angelic in style, might be symbolic for his demonic personality but his obsession with angels.
- Is a masochist, giving him some rather interesting tastes in the bedroom.
- Fights more like an angel than a demon, relying on speed and dexterity rather than strength.
- Loves nachos more than any other junk food.
- Acts more hyperactive than evil most of the time, although he's definitely a bit sociopathic.

Tektek:
For a rough idea only, I'm limited by the available items

More Refs:

This guy
This guy

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"Doesn't matter.... Nothing matters...."

"I have a feeling the rain will continue for quite some time."

"... *flat stare*"

User Image
I don't have a past, I just have a chance
Not a family or honest plea remains to say
Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day,
All the world is waiting for the sun.

Dreaming comes so easily
'Cause it's all that I've known
True love is a fairy tale
I'm damaged, so how would I know?

I'm scared and I'm alone
I'm ashamed
And I need for you to know

I didn't say all the things that I wanted to say
And you can't take back what you've taken away
'Cause I feel you, I feel you near me

Healing comes so painfully
And it chills to the bone
Will anyone get close to me?
I'm damaged, as I'm sure you know

But still I remain
As my frozen pulse quickens
And the black plot thickens

Like the story I heard a lifetime ago
Where a girl (and this is funny)
Took her life, and what she doesn't know
Is how long it takes for the water to rise
And the breath to stop fighting
And the cold to close her eyes

Quick Reference

Race: Angel, Tier I
Title: Angel of Storms
Hair: Brown, a-line style, raggedly cut
Eyes: Indigo/blue-purple
Build: Boyish, 5'3"
Wings: Feathery, brown/grey like a sparrow's
Powers: Power over wind and water; standard angelic powers (telepathy, teleportation,
minor illusion, energy blasts); the ability to turn herself into mist; the ability to sense and control storms

Theme Song: Damaged by Plummet
D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
Tarot Card: Wheel of Fortune
Personality Keywords: Focus, bitterness, altruism, nihilism
Virtue/Vice: Charity/Wrath
Real Person Ref: Amanda Seyfried
Tea Blend: Silver

In-Depth Description

Argent has dark brown, raggedly cut hair, shorter in the back, longer in the front (like this), with straight but not very cleanly cut bangs. It almost appears as though she has cut it herself, and indeed she has. Her eyes are very large and almond-shaped, and a striking indigo color. She has an oval-shaped face, with defined but soft features, and very pale skin. Her wings, on the rare occasions she chooses to show them, are feathery and brown-grey, like a sparrow's. She's very thin, with a boyish figure, not much curve to her, and fairly short, overall not very imposing.

Normally Argent wears drab, threadbare & patched clothing in earth tones, preferring long skirts to pants, and shirts that keep her arms bare. She will also usually wear a cloak or cape. Generally this tends to be a sleeveless green vest, a long brown skirt, and a hooded brown cloak. She also wears dark brown/black fingerless gloves. Most of the time she will go barefoot. Her primary weapon, when she uses one, is either a thin stiletto blade or her staff (which looks something like Gandalf's staff from the Lord of the Rings movies.)

Personality/Background

Argent is generally very calm and unemotional. Her face is always either still and blank, without a hint of what's going on behind it, or a little sad/thoughtful, and her voice is rather flat. In the moments where she loses her temper, though, her eyes turn stormy and she reveals much more emotion in the way she speaks. She has a very slow, graceful, deliberate way of moving, as though she is moving underwater, and this extends to her fighting, which she generally does unarmed. Her strategy is to, when fighting humans, incapacitate without damaging too badly, and when fighting demons, turn their superior strength against themselves rather than try to match up to it. When she does turn to a weapon, it's a surprise stab with a stiletto, or defensive fighting with her staff.

Argent grew up on the streets, and was part of a gang of street kids who lied, stole, and conned to survive. She was a pickpocket, and good at it, but didn't particularly enjoy it. At the age of about twelve or thirteen, a man pulled her into an alley and tried to rape her. She fought back, and he killed her, slitting her throat. She died, and was resurrected as an angel. Happy to have a new life and be accepted as part of a group, and eager to learn the angelic ways, she nonetheless held on to her old name instead of taking the name passed down with the office of the Angel of Storms. It was hers, and it was the only thing of hers she had left; she was not going to give it up.

When the Angel of Destiny became Tourmaline and tried to regain the Lodestone, a small bit of every angel's powers was needed. Tourmaline did everything she could to gain this bit from each angel, including lying, coercing, and torturing. Argent was one of the ones she tortured. Argent endured a long period of horrible torture at the hands of Tourmaline's right hand man, Onyx, before finally breaking and having it taken from her. After they had it, they had no further need of her, so they let her go. As soon as she was able, she fled to the mortal realm, emotionally unable to stay in the angelic realm after what had happened.

That small piece of her, a tiny but crucial part of her powers and her identity as an angel, is still missing, and with the Lodestone shattered, gone forever. She always feels the emptiness where this key piece was, and finds it more difficult to use the part of her powers connected with storms. She wanders the mortal realm, helping people in small ways where she can and defending them from the predations of demons, although she doesn't fight unless she has to, and tries not to do anything that will mark her as obviously supernatural. The things she has been through have made her rather nihilistic, and the only meaning she finds in life at all anymore is through helping humans and making their lives just a little better. She still carries a grudge for what was done to her, and will exhibit quite a bit of bitterness over it. Her temper, while not hair-trigger by any means, is a rather frightening thing to behold, and if she really loses it, she will lose control over her powers, kicking up fierce wind or even a tornado with her at the center.

Quirks:

- Has a stormcloud that follows her around everywhere on the mortal plane; the sky is always cloudy and grey over her and she hasn't seen the sun in a very long time.
- This also means she can't stay in one place for too very long, because the rain will just keep falling on it.
- Enjoys music very much, both playing and listening.
- Has a thing for history, often going out of her way to collect very old books.
- It's her dream to be able to stay in one spot and open an inn, taking care of the people around her and weary travelers alike.

Tektek:
Just for a rough idea, I'm limited by the available items

More Refs:

My drawing (somewhat old but I like the skirt design)
Polyvore set
Wings

User Image

User Image User Image

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"...Me? I'm no one of consequence. You can call me Commander."

“You weren't trained to make me repeat myself. Don't start now.”

"Where’s an immensely talented kid with no parents going to end up? In trouble, that’s where.
So... I put them to use. I give them a purpose for their existence and an outlet for their energy.
Isn’t that better than waiting until they go insane, or killing needlessly?”

User Image

They know me though, 'cause I be puttin' in work
Commit my life to rebirth, well respected, 'cause that's my word
I'm not running off my mouth, I know this without a doubt
'Cause if you know these streets, then these streets know you
When it's time to handle business, then you know what to do

I've seen a rich man beg
I've seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry

I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie

Getting sick and tired of the fossil-like system
Now or never it's the time to resist 'em
It's easy to blast them all away
Pull a trigger push a button say adios today
Don't get me wrong I'm a pacifist
The mind can do more than the fist

Explosives are not what it takes
(You know the terrorists always make those mistakes)
What we gotta do is build momentum
If you need the right tools invent 'em
Ride the wave of time come feel the rhythm
The march to the future has begun so get with 'em

Quick Reference

Race: Half-demon/Angel, Tier III
Title: Angel of Demons
Hair: Very short, blond
Eyes: Hazel
Build: Muscular, 6'6"
Wings: Black and light yellow feathery wings, the right one black and the left one yellow
Powers: Manipulation over metal to a significant degree, moderate healing ability,
some influence over the minds of others, typical angelic powers

Theme Song: What It's Like by Everlast
D&D Alignment: True Neutral
Tarot Card: The Magician
Personality Keywords: Assurance, wisdom, draconian, crudity
Virtue/Vice: Hope/Lust
Real Person Ref: Gerard Butler
Tea Blend: Commanding Presence

In-Depth Description

Commander has striking masculine features, starting with short and fuzzy blonde hair on top of his head and a pair of medium sized, almost squarish hazel eyes and bushy blonde eyebrows. His facial structure is squarish and very chiseled, with defined cheek bones and a jawline that's stocky. His body is quite tall at six and a half feet tall and his build is just this side of bulky, large enough that it's clear that he's done a lot of work to make himself strong. His skin, like a lot of those that wander around in the desert, is tan. His wings, as those fortunate enough to see them may observe, are feathery with the right one black and the left one yellow.

Commander mostly dresses in a variety of forest fatigues, despite his work in urban or desert areas. They vary from jackets, shirts, or vests depending on the weather and heat. He wears a white tank top underneath it as well as fatigue pants and military style boots. He rarely changes his attire, insisting that “women are crazy for the fatigues.” Sometimes, however, he will wear a simple shirt and jeans. He nearly always wears a pair of aviator-style sunglasses.

Commander rarely ever uses weapons, because his men and women act as his weapons. He is extremely competent with swords and rifles, however, surpassing even Vertigo and Nathan in each department. His glaive, the one time he brings it out, is a staff with a serpent's body wrapped around the grip and a dragon's head for a blade at the end.

Personality/Background

Commander is a complex character. At first blush, he's irresponsible. A defunct plot device has Commander creating a teleportation system called the Trans-Ionic Transportation with the first device called Site 1. (Yeeeeah. Think about it.) He's demanded that men go “fetch him a woman” even in the middle of a fierce battle. He is known to make lewd remarks about women out in the open and act obsessive about particular parts of their anatomy. When he's not being sexually juvenile, he's held onto particular artifacts of no practical use just for bragging rights.

One layer below that, however, is a very demanding officer. Those that join him are expected to be self-sufficient and able to handle the duties given to them at all times. Weakness is beaten out of them, and depression is simply driven from their personae. Thus, despite their sometimes happy demeanor, his men and women feel driven to the ground under a tyrannical leader. It's only his incredible success record and the spoils he brings them that keep them in his forces rather than his charming personality. He refuses to handle charity cases, leaving it to people who have the drive for such matters. In other words, if you can't bring him something of worth, you're of no worth to him.

Deep down inside, though, he's a very wise and understanding - if flawed - man. Despite his lack of experience with fatherhood, he raised Vertigo so that he could achieve great things in life and find an enjoyable life. He finds crafty ways to settle problems in his mercenaries' lives without their knowledge. He has incredible insight into the potential of others and will assist those in need in exchange for their service. Even if his people feel strongly pushed, they appreciate the lengths he goes to earn their trust and respect. Behind his goofy smile or harsh gaze is a heart of pure gold, bleeding for those that just need a chance to prove themselves.

Overall, however, he is a mystery. He maintains that life at the bottom of the food chain has given him the grit and street smarts to know what to do and how to do it, but some can sense a certain power about him that escapes reason. Indeed, if people knew he was truly an angel, they would have no idea the amount of trouble and pain he had experienced as a mortal half-breed and what it took him to get on Weaver's good side and become the Angel of Demons...

Quirks:

- No, Commander isn't his real name. No, he won't tell you what it is, either.
- It has been hinted that Commander could possibly be one of if not the oldest angel currently existing and holds one of the most powerful, if not perplexing, domains.
- His wings are indicative of his dichotomy, at once demonic and angelic in nature. He might look out for his own goals, but he's ultimately concerned with the well-being of others and will do anything in his power to help them - even if it is in secretive and crafty ways.
- Even though he is an angel, he still must burst his wings through the skin of his back like a half-breed.
- Has a massive libido, known to sleep with numerous women in one go and yet still seek further companionship.
- If you ******** with his glasses, you die. Period. heart

Tektek:

More Refs:

User Image

User Image

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"Heather and I don't give up on a job. Ever."

"Doesn't matter to me what it is as long as the pay's good."

"I promise, I'll protect you, and you'll protect me, 'cause that's what we do, right? We watch each others' backs."

User Image

Slowly out of line
And drifting closer in your sight
So play it out, I'm wide awake
It's a scene about me

With a thousand lies and a good disguise
Hit 'em right between the eyes
Hit 'em right between the eyes
When you walk away
Nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes
See 'em running for their lives

This ain't no place for no hero
This ain't no place for no better man
This ain't no place for no hero to call home

Tonight I feel ambitious and so does my foot as it sinks on the pedal
I press it to the floor
And for a moment I love everything that I see and think and feel
I hear the change in gears

Quick Reference

Race: Human
Hair: Asymmetrical, black
Eyes: Gold
Skin: Medium
Build: Athletic, 5'7"

Theme Song: You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring
Ideal Pairing: Drake
D&D Alignment: Lawful Good
Tarot Card: The Sun
Personality Keywords: Energy, suspicion, teamwork, ruthlessness
Virtue/Vice: Justice/Pride
Real Person Ref: Rebecca Hall
Tea Blend: Phoenix

In-Depth Description

Catherine has black hair, which is asymmetrically cut, short in the back and longer on the right side than on the left. Her eyes are fairly round, and a striking gold-hazel color, heavy on the gold. She has a delicate, slightly upturned nose, an oval-shaped face with a slightly pointed chin, and a mouth that seems perfectly suited to a grin. Her skin has a light tan from the California sun. She is slender, toned, and athletic, with a hint of defined muscle from kickboxing. Not what you would call "curvy" by any means, she still has a very nice figure, just proportional rather than voluptuous. There is a tattoo of a phoenix (minus the words) on her right shoulderblade. She wears little to no makeup, preferring a low-maintenance approach to her appearance.

Her sense of fashion is generally sophisticated, wearing either business casual or understated, classy casual outfits. (See her Pinterest board below for ideas.) She wears very little jewelry, other than maybe a pair of stud or small hoop earrings, as it's too easy to get tangled/broken in a fight situation. Her car is a gold 1970 Pontiac GTO, customized personally by her, and that car is her baby. With very rare exceptions, nobody else gets to touch it, and she gets very upset if it's damaged. Her primary weapons are two Beretta pistols, although she does also have a Mossberg 500 shotgun as backup in the trunk of her car, and a whole arsenal of various guns in the house. She also carries a knife as extra backup.

Personality/Background

Catherine is a California native, having grown up in Los Angeles. She became interested in criminal justice, and moved to Oakland as a young adult, joining first the local police force and then working with the ATF. She's something of a rogue, though, acting almost as half agent, half bounty hunter, and her wayward nature with regards to regulations has gotten her in trouble a number of times. Luckily, her boss, Richard, likes her well enough that he's managed to shield her from the worst repercussions.

She fell in love with her first partner, a handsome young man, and he returned her feelings; they were the perfect pair. However, she lost him to a gunshot wound during a firefight. She fared worse with her second partner; he was undeniably attracted to her, but still badly hurting over the loss of her first love, and not really attracted to him in any case, she refused his advances. It all came to a head when, during a stakeout one night, he assaulted her in the car. He got a slap on the wrist and a transfer; she requested a female partner and took up kickboxing, and after finally working through the experience, got a tattoo of a phoenix on her shoulderblade.

Catherine has been with her current partner, Heather, for about three years. Heather is rather new, and while her ability with firearms and knowledge of tactics leaves something to be desired, you could not ask for a better explosives expert. The two of them make a very good team, and Catherine is extremely protective of her partner.

Then, one day, Catherine and Heather are on a mission to recover an external hard drive supposedly containing important personnel information from a criminal gang that is handing it over to another. They crash the exchange, steal the hard drive, and escape cleanly... or so they think. A third interested party is chasing them, and he somehow manages to stay on Catherine's tail far longer than anybody else has. This is their introduction to Drake...

Catherine has a generally bright, energetic personality, not terribly bouncy but rather infusing everything she does with a sense of shining energy. She has an air of confidence about her without seeming arrogant, although she can act a little cocky at times. Her car is her prize possession, and she drives it like a pro; there are few if any people who can keep up with her during an impromptu street race. So far, Drake is the only one who has even come close. She loves to drive fast and a little crazy even when not racing, Heather shrieking in fear the entire way. One of her favorite things is tinkering with her car; she modified it herself for peak performance, and keeps it that way, performing constant maintenance and often just tweaking things for the hell of it.

Her style of combat is elegant and flowy, preferring to present a moving target with both pistols firing rather than seeking cover from one spot. She has excellent aim (though not anywhere near as good as Drake's), and enjoys spending time at the gun range. Catherine is a very odd mix of professional and friendly, handling herself with cool reserve one moment and grinning familiarity the next. She is very suspicious of anything that might turn into a situation or harm her or Heather, however, and will be very cold until the danger is resolved. She can also be very cutthroat, using force rather than diplomacy at times.

Accordingly, she is highly suspicious of Drake at first, with Heather being the one to really warm up to him. Over time, however, his impressive skills (especially his driving) and cool competence begin to intrigue her, and she slowly begins to trust him. (She even lets him help her work on the GTO!) They become excellent partners, working together smoothly and willing to risk their lives for each other, and over time, something more seems to develop...

Quirks:

- Is not a morning person, and heaven help you if you speak to her before she's had any coffee (black, thank you very much.)
- Hates being called Cathy more than anything; this is what her second partner called her and she hated it then, too, even before all the unpleasantness.
- Dislikes her boss Richard very much, a lot in part due to the fact that he is always flirting with her and Heather; d**k Head is her and Heather's favorite nickname for him.
- Knows that Drake is somewhat on the wrong side of the law, but has no idea just how far over the line he really is.
- Has an extremely strong sense of justice, being drawn to "bounty hunting" mostly for the knowledge that she's taking these people off the streets, although she will say it's for the money (and to be honest, that doesn't really hurt, either)
- Has several hidden caches of weapons in the house

Tektek:
Just for a rough idea, I'm limited by the available items

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

More Refs:

Haircut
Pinterest board (fashion and such)
1970 GTO
Beretta

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm pretty self-sufficient."

"Beretta 92FS. Government issue. At a bench rest, you'd make an inch group at 7 yards.
Off hand, you'd be lucky at three. Now drop the gun."

User Image
And he felt so free
Like his destiny
Lay somewhere out on the horizon
His heart went cold
He felt a hundred years old
And started pulling back on the trigger

I never wanted and I never cared before
(Take it back this is a new day)

I will no longer adhere to
These things that will never satisfy me
I have seen my world change
And then go back to where it came

Yeah, you've created a rift within me
Now there have been several complications
That have left me feeling nothing
I might say, you were wrong to take it from me
Left me feeling nothing

Crawling now I'm
Beaten down I'm
Tortured now and I'm
Feeling nothing like
Hunting now I'm
Stalking now I'm
Reaching out and I'm
Killing nothing

Quick Reference

Hair: Shortish, platinum blond
Eyes: Ice blue, very pale
Skin: Slightly tan
Build: Toned, slender, 5'0"

Theme Song: I Never Wanted by As I Lay Dying
Ideal Pairing: Catherine
D&D Alignment: True Neutral
Tarot Card: Justice
Personality Keywords: Discipline, calm, frigidity, narrowsightedness
Virtue/Vice: Temperance/Pride
Real Person Ref: Tom Felton
Tea Blend: The Dragon

In-Depth Description

Drake has medium length platinum blond hair, not quite long but clearly not short. The hair hangs to just below his ears with bangs cut just above his eyes. His overall hair style is very neat, very precise, with only a little styling of his bangs to keep his hair from looking too flat. His hair color is almost white with just a touch of blond/platinum coloring to it. His eyes are ice blue, very light, with an uplifted and rounded shape to them. They are always very cold and flat; the only time they show any hint of warmth is when he is around Catherine. His overall skin complexion is lightly tanned, just this side of pale. His body is very slender and slight but with a good deal of muscle tone, as if he's had quite a bit of physical training. He's very short at five foot even. There's perhaps a very slight oriental shape to his face.

His style of attire is very professional. He generally dresses in light colors and shades with beige or khaki colored dusters, white dress shirts, and khaki slacks with Westwood or Cole styled shoes. He sometimes wears vests and ties underneath a blazer and over the dress shirt. When he does wear colors, he typically wears dark or light blues. He rarely wears hats and never wears jewelry, finding both to be a distracting annoyance. Under his blazers are a multitude of holsters, all leather.

His choice of weapons are a variety of pistols, his very favorite being a CZ 75. His load out varies, depending on if he needs mobility or fire power. He's used a Glock 17, a Sig 226, an HK USP, a Browning Hi Power, a Walther PPK, a Makarov, a Glock 18c, a Beretta 93r, and a Ruger Super Redhawk. Besides those, he's carried a Mini Uzi, HK MP5k, M-10, Colt M4A1, and a Remington 870. Obviously, he does not carry all of these at once but may carry any number of these at once as necessary.

His car of choice is a heavily modified green 1969 Plymouth GTX Hemi.

Personality/Background

Drake is a killer to the core.

Born to an army brat and a father with a secret profession within the military, Drake grew up knowing that his father was committing countless atrocities in foreign lands and refused to accept his father's idealized take on his job. Hearing hints on television on the matters overseas and hearing whispers among class mates, he knew people like his father were doing something far more nefarious than he would say. Thus, once rogue journalists and hackers uncovered details of the operation and unleashed them to the public, the government did what it does best: cover trails and burn those involved.

His father got burned, and his father was subsequently killed overseas.

His mother, unable to deal with the shame, killed herself. His sister got taken away to be put into a foster home, and he was taken in by his relatives. When they were unwilling to deal with his rowdy behavior after being separated from his sister, however, he too was put into foster care. Apathetic and angry, he got into fights at school and was endlessly bullied until a Russian-American girl stood up for him and gave him an opportunity to put that anger towards a worthy cause: going after the American government.

Fueled by hate, he trained his body and mind to become a domestic terrorist. From the beginning of middle school all the way up until junior year, he went with her and several other kids to assassinate low-level political figures and run interference with government operations. However, when he botched an operation, he too got burned by them and left for dead. It was by a miracle that he survived and got captured by government forces, because it was just days later that a man by the name of Chance and his crew rescued him and gave him another opportunity, though he scarcely trusted anyone by this point. Eventually, however, Chance won him over and trained him even further to become the perfect assassin.

Drake is so exceptionally proficient with firearms, he can use almost any weapon without requiring sights or a scope. His driving capabilities are significant, almost to the level of a professional racer. Combined with his skills at maintaining and modifying machinery and weapons and a low-level skill at hacking, he was able to maintain himself by doing jobs for Chance over the years. Thus, once he finds out that info on the one that betrayed him was being exchanged by government bodies and thugs, he jumped at the opportunity.

He met Catherine, and the rest is history.

Drake is extremely stoic and cold towards people he does not know, though he can mimic moods in order to not raise suspicion. He's dedicated to training himself, keeping up with his physique and driving skills, and keeping a strict diet to keep impurities out of his body and ensure high vitamin and mineral levels. He speaks few words and refuses to talk without reason. However, he starts to warm up to both Catherine and Heather, Catherine especially, and regains a humanity that has been lacking since he discovered the true horrors of his father's profession...

Quirks:

- He usually maintains a liquid or organic diet, avoiding caffeine or liquor. This has obvious consequences in where he can go or eat.
- Even at an adult age, he has an almost adolescent approach to romance. Female closeness or intimacy usually warrants a violent reaction, but when done by someone he likes (See: Catherine), he gets very shy and flustered almost to and sometimes causing a tranced state.
- He has near supernatural aim. He can shoot perfect bullseyes without using sights and without much time to aim, usually from reasonably far distances with pistols, and with frightening precision with a rifle.
- Has a very formal way of speaking, seldom using contractions and overall using very precise language.
- Has a definite thing for Catherine's eyes, strongly attracted to their color.
- He and Catherine have a "game", wherein he sneaks into her bedroom while she's asleep and puts a gun to her head. Somehow she always catches him, responding with either another gun or a knife to his stomach.

Tektek:
Just for a rough idea; I'm limited by the available items

More Refs:

1969 Plymouth GTX (should be green though)

Blessed Seeker

Minor Characters: Catherine & Drake

User ImageUser Image
Heather
"BOOM!"

Hair: Blonde, chin length, curly

Heather is Catherine's partner and the resident explosives expert. Her generally sunny, bouncy personality becomes an almost frightening glee when dealing with bombs/grenades. She often acts as backup to Catherine's guns, throwing in smoke bombs or a flashbang to distract the enemy at a crucial moment. Her sense of fashion is girly but practical; loose blouses with florals or a touch of frill, trousers, sandals. Initially attracted to Drake, she sees the growing closeness between him and Catherine and regretfully backs off.

User ImageUser Image
Chance
"What, are you crazy?!? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!"

Hair: Dirty blond
Eyes: Hazely but closer to brown than gold, like a honey brown
Skin: Pale, almost fair

Chance is a mystery to all, even to Drake. His skills and connections pin him as a government operative, but his modus operandi is more like a terrorist or a criminal. Hinted at being "Hacker's" former trainer and currently Drake's holder, he handles the economic end of Drake's operations as well as being a source of info on Hacker. Chance's hair is cut short, perhaps only an inch or two tall, with a very thin stubble along his chin, jawline, and neck. He generally dresses in a downplayed manner, preferring to be as unnoticeable as possible. Contrasted to Drake's cold and stoic personality, Chance is bright-eyed and energetic but with a quiet serenity mixed in there.

User ImageUser Image
Sandra
"Hmm... Well that's interesting..."

Hair: Red
Skin: Medium, slightly freckled

Sandra is part private investigator, part experienced hacker, joining the group to combat Hacker's superior skills. She's more feminine than either Catherine or Heather, and less useful in combat; her skills lie in the mental arena. She wears her red hair long, usually half up (tied back or in a bun) and often wears skirts or professional dresses. Sandra wears glasses, but only when reading or using a computer. She can wield a pistol if need be, but prefers to have the dynamic trio of Catherine, Drake, and Heather handle things on that end. She views Catherine's relationship with Drake with sisterly glee, even trying to give Catherine fashion and makeup advice.

User ImageUser Image
Richard
"Heeeeyyyy, ladies!"

Hair: None

Richard is Catherine and Heather's immediate boss, although it's a little surprising that he's stayed that way over the years. Irrepressibly flirty with both Catherine and Heather, he's always greeted with groaning reluctance, as inevitably he's going to pass some awful job on them, or give them a tip that turns out to be useless. They constantly refer to him as d**k Head, even to his face. Regardless, he never stops trying, and in fact has pulled strings to keep them out of trouble. He suspects that they are getting outside help, but looks the other way regarding the existence of Drake, figuring if he doesn't know anything he can't get them in trouble. He wears dark suits, with or without a jacket, generally with a white or blue dress shirt.

User ImageUser Image
"Hacker"
"До свидания , Drake. *smirk*"

Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark maroon

So very little about Hacker is known, except that her skill to go undetected when moving about the country is borderline terrifying; every government agency, even those currently or formerly affiliated with her, have steep problems keeping track of her. She goes by countless aliases, leaving Drake to wonder if the clearly American Stacie Summers name is simply another one. Of Russian descent, she still has a very thick accent and has a deeply ingrained hatred for the American government, going as far as to betray Drake in order to continue her attacks on it. She dresses in a variety of outfits but has a black trench coat she wears when carrying weapons and firearms, and always wears a pair of dark sunglasses. She's exceptionally talented at hacking, thus her Hacker moniker (as her real name is unknown), but she's almost as good as Drake with firearms and almost matching Heather in the explosives detail.

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"Sometimes, the ends don't justify the means. Sometimes,
however, the only thing that can justify the means is the end."

User Image

Fully alive
More than most
Ready to smile and love life
Fully alive and she knows
How to believe in futures

All my complaints shrink to nothing
I'm ashamed of all my somethings
She's glad for one day of comfort
Only because she has suffered

Icicle, icicle, where are you going?
I have a hiding place when spring marches in
Will you keep watch for me? I hear them calling

I need your love in every way
And I feel this every day
Cause I have too many tears
To fall in love again
How can I look in your eyes
When I feel I could die
I have to run away

Quick Reference

Hair: Black, shoulderblade length, in two unbraided pigtails
Eyes: Dark brown
Skin: Porcelain
Build: Skinny, boyish, 5'3"

Theme Song: Fully Alive by Flyleaf
Ideal Pairing: Claude
D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
Tarot Card: The Star
Personality Keywords: Perkiness, possessiveness, uncertainty, peacefulness
Virtue/Vice: Fortitude/Lust
Real Person Ref: Yoon Eun Hye
Tea Blend: Lolita

In-Depth Description

Celene has black hair that goes down to her shoulderblades, but she rarely lets it down to show its true length. It's cut immaculately and put up into pigtails, sometimes braided and sometimes just hanging from either side of her head. She has narrow almond-shaped eyes and porcelain skin that's exotic in color and alluring. Her face is rounded but slightly angular, both cherubish and exotic in shape with high cheekbones and delicate features for her nose, eyebrows, chin, and ears. Her lips are thin but gentle with a brilliant smile that can melt hearts.

Her body is small at just a few inches over five feet and very lithe, lacking any defined breasts or curves to herself. She looks young, perhaps just barely breaking into teenagehood. She has burn marks under her wrists from where cigarettes were used to harm her, a very faintly visible scar just under her left eye from where she's been cut, and horrific mutilation along her back, a**, tops of thighs, and shoulders where she's been whipped mercilessly. She wears clothes to hide the scars, afraid of others seeing them.

She loves fancy clothes, especially lolita wear, with pink and bright yellow being her favorite colors. The fancier the attire, the better. It's perhaps both a throwback to her times as a dancer and the lack of possessions she had that make her so attached to nice clothes. She usually uses a ribbon as a sort of weapon, both for grappling purposes and to cut others, but she can use daggers and rods to her advantage as well.

Personality/Background

Celene's life is a story of tragedy and unreal courage when no courage could be found. Trained from a young age to be a ceremonial dancer, she had to train endless nights to hone her skills and then endure hours of preparation for only a half hour of performance, often without reward. Once she was of age, she spent the better part of a year being displayed as a prospective wife for aristocrats. However, her fatigue of such abuse caused her to be spiteful, leaving her botching attempt after attempt to be wed and earning herself numerous harsh reprimands. It was when she hid with a particular dark-haired prince with striking features that they realized that she wasn't going to allow herself to be wed, driving them to sell her to a brothel and be trained into becoming a whore.

Just before she broke after five long years of torment, humiliation, and growth-stunting hormones, a dark haired man destroyed the brothel and took her for himself. Recognizing him from years ago, she gladly accepted his command and has since then stayed by his side, hoping he will fall for her like she's fallen for him. Protecting her from harm and giving her his undivided attention, she hopes to help him change his outlook on life and find the softness within him again.

Celene is perky, innocent, and hyperactive on the surface, but she has a libido that knows no boundaries and has no problems making remarks or comments meant to stun others. While she insists on having only interest in women after her years of torment at the hands of men, she accepts Claude for what he is and considers him an exception. She is easy to panic if she fears that someone will take away Claude or her freedom, and she will do anything to keep a woman from trying to garner his interest.

Quirks:

- Has a deep fascination with curvy and well-endowed women, almost to the point of obsession.
- Candy has a significant effect on her, turning her wild. It has also been known to drive her libido to frightening levels...
- Is extremely self-conscious about her scars, using make-up and clothing to cover them.
- Despite being bound and tormented so much in the past, she has a fixation for bondage and sadomasochism.

Tektek:

More Refs:

User Image

User Image User Image

Blessed Seeker

User Image

"Disgusting, pathetic whelps. Let them bleed on my sword. If they won't
do so much as speak against their oppressors, their lives are worthless and thus forfeit."

User Image

Let chaos entwine on defenseless soil
Remove errors of man and sweep all the weakening kind

I am war, I am pain
I am all you've ever slain
I am tears in your eyes
I am grief, I am lies

All hail the pessimist
All hail the anarchist
All hail the rest who never gave a ******** s**t
It's still in season
Time to celebrate
What better way to rid the world of all the walking waste

We've been seeing what you wanted got us cornered right now
Falling asleep from our vanity might cost us our lives

Quick Reference

Hair: Brown, medium-length, spiked up and back a little
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Dark tan
Build: Muscular, large, 6'8"

Theme Song: Puritania by Dimmu Borgir
Ideal Pairing: Celene
Tarot Card: The Devil
Personality Keywords: Inspiration, passion, relentlessness, cold-bloodedness
Virtue/Vice: Fortitude/Wrath
Real Person Ref: Ian Somerhalder
Tea Blend: The Prince

In-Depth Description

Claude is a striking man on first sight, starting with his hair. Spiked high and backwards to a point, his brown hair is radical in style for someone who was formerly a prince. His eyebrows are highly canted and arched with his eyes tilted upwards as well, almost almond shaped. His features are highly angular and chiseled, giving him a frightening and aggressive visage. His jaw comes to a point, but is broad and strong.

His body is, to put it bluntly, huge. His height puts him over most men, and his highly defined muscles and tone are both a testament to the work of his dedication to being a beast and genetic mutation, along with his perfectly smooth and hairless body. He wears dark grey armor over his body with spikes coming out of the shoulders and back, while his helmet has demon horns and eyes. His sword is massive as well, almost six feet in length and extremely wide as well as doubled edged with an elaborate hilt. To put it simply, he looks terrifying.

He prefers heavy swords and hammers as his weapons and has both the training and the strength to handle them. He also can wield a mean bow and arrow. He will rarely sport a rifle, but it's very very rare for him to handle one.

Personality/Background

Claude was the son of a powerful king and a hard trained warrior on top of that. Learning a combination of political skills, fighting techniques, and cultural understanding, he was poised to take the reins from his father once he eventually passed away. However, when his father discovered that the Priestess that had been kept alive by expensive medicine produced by the crops his nation grew in exchange for cheaper medical costs had no terminal illness, he was framed for a conspiracy and banished from the lands. When he tried to prove his father's innocence with his mother's testimony to back him, his mother instead fingered as him the original perpetrator and disowned him in exchange for a high ranking position in the government. Infuriated by his mother's betrayal, he briefly roused the people into a revolution before having his movement dissolve from a lack of will and conviction. Finding his efforts to bring justice stalled by fear and complacency on the people's part, he lost faith in people and women in general and sought to get revenge by any means necessary.

Fortunately, his original comrades supported his cause and helped him find someone to assist him. A man by the name of Belial, along with someone known as the Night Terror and a small band of pirates and terrorists, started raiding small satellite colonies for both manpower and resources before gaining a sizable enough force to start spreading their name. Soon, the deep fog the Night Terror could create and the legions of undead from those slaughtered by Claude and Belial struck terror into the hearts of many. However, Claude's drive to subjugate the planets' populaces into obedience and Belial's pure need to kill did not stay in harmony endlessly. Belial, tired and bored with Claude's need for political justice, betrayed him as well and only managed not to kill him thanks to Ruben, Claude's closest comrade's, assistance.

Stuck on an unknown planet, he foraged where he could for the basic necessities before coming across a city that looked prospective. When discovered by the local government, he went berserk and tore through the town, leaving a wake of destruction in his path. One of those buildings wound up being where Celene was being held captive. Briefly stunned by the sight of her but having no knowledge of why she struck him in such a manner, he demanded her companionship. Simply glad not to be held captive anymore, she agreed to stay with him with baffling eagerness until the two were discovered by Neria and Byron on the One Hand Clap.

Claude is cold and distant with a piercing glare and an unfriendly demeanor, but he has a fiery rage to go with it. He views women with great disdain, seeing them as weak and easily manipulated by the stronger sex. In general, however, he has a great distaste for the disenfranchised and believes that giving them something more terrifying and difficult to face is the only way to force a weak populace into removing itself out from under a corrupt force and win itself its own freedom. However, thanks to the strong will of both Celene and Neria, he's starting to realize that his viewpoint on the world is warped and is starting to open his eyes to other ways to improve the world, though he still believes that fighting corruption and evil literally is the best way to get rid of both.

Quirks:

- Cannot grow body hair. Either by choice of his family or due to some consequence of his heritage, his skin remains without hair except on his head.
- Despite having a deep-rooted hatred for women, he has no ill feelings for Celene. If he doesn't hurt or kill you for inquiring, he insists that her willingness to fight for her own freedom earned her his protection.
- Only has respect for those that will risk life and limb for their own salvation. He has little tolerance for the weak and gets disgusted by the charitable, seeing assisting the helpless as simply furthering corruption and incompetence.

Tektek:

More Refs:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces