Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x

S T A T U S xx S E T T I N G . U P

Currently craving sketchy art styles!

x

Heyyo all! Welcome to my art request. Please feel free to have a look at my (and my friend's)
                characters, and if you are interested in drawing any of them, let me know! I'll be switching out
                some characters every now and then so even if you've been here before, maybe have another
                look? There may be someone new!

x

F U N D S xx G O L D . I T E M S . G F X

x

54 billion available in pure Gaia gold -- more coming.

Offering graphics for trade; please see here!

x

x

O 1 xx Follow Gaia's ToS at all times!

O 2 xx Please keep large images or anything potentially triggering under spoiler tags, with a warning for triggers.

O 3 xx Be pleasant to everyone in the thread and keep your drama elsewhere! This is a safe zone for everyone.

O 4 xx There are no restrictions on style or media, but I won't order from everyone. Take it like a good sport, please.

O 5 xx WIPs are required! I need to see at least one, please. More if it's something like a full CG, for example.

O 6 xx Please pay attention to important details about these characters. They're very important to us!

x

x

O 1 xx Fill out the form and post it in the thread. PMs are for further discussion only.

O 2 xx Don't draw anything until I agree to a commission, unless it's a freebie. Terms must be agreed to first!

O 3 xx I'll send a hanging trade -- I'll accept when the art is finished, and quite possibly add a tip then as well!

O 4 xx Please send at least one WIP at some point. More are preferred for full-color CG drawings.

O 5 xx Send the finished product -- watermarked is okay until I finish the trade! As long as I can see it.

O 6 xx Trade will be finished, tip added, huzzah!

x

form pending

x

x

N A M E xx Sebastian Fierro Horn
                G E N D E R xx Male
                R A C E xx Human | Norwegian, German, Italian
                A G E xx Seventeen

R E F E R E N C E S xx [ x ]

A P P E A R A N C E xx Sebastian is one of those boys who is toned because he's skinny. He's certainly not muscular by any means, but to find even a pinch of fat on him is rare. In a higher percentile since birth, he has continued to grow to a whopping 6'1", with extremely long, lanky limbs. He has a rather sharp face with pointed features, giving him an almost unsettling appearance to many. He keeps his wine-colored hair longer in the front than in back, particularly on the right side, and was born with curiously red eyes.

Since very early on he has favored vaguely gothic styles and accessories. His wardrobe itself pales in comparison to the amount of accessories that he owns. Over the years he's picked up quite a few. Nothing special, and mostly bargain jewelry since the majority of his funds go elsewhere. He also loves gloves and occasionally vaguely 80's grunge-esque styles. Chains, pendants, earrings, gaudy rings, you name it. He's not ashamed to wear what he likes.

He's almost always got a look of distaste on his face, boredom, or annoyance. The world around him in generally annoys him, so that shows. He doesn't look very approachable, a mix of his typical expressions as well as his striking features. He tends to slouch as well, which has turned him to slumping by default and actually needing to make an effort to stand up straight. His back doesn't thank him for this!

I M P O R T A N T . D E T A I L S xx None

P E R S O N A L I T Y xx One's first impression of Sebastian would most likely be "that guy's an a*****e". And that impression, for the most part, would be quite correct. But believe me, he has good reason. At least in his opinion he does.

Growing up attending public school, Sebastian has always been smarter than the majority of his peers. Had his schools offered a gifted program or honors courses of any variety, he would have taken them. But a small school in a small town full of even smaller minds wore the boy's patience thin. He quickly developed the opinion that all people were unintelligent, uninteresting and immature. He rarely made friends, not because he didn't want friends or because he was incapable of making them, but because he didn't consider his classmates "friend" material. They played silly games and pranks, were loud and obnoxious, and had seriously bad taste in music. They didn't apply themselves in school (not that the school system was anything to brag about), and so they never retained anything of value. By default he learned to be short, sarcastic, and borderline rude to most people, unless they give him a reason to be otherwise.

All of that being said, Sebastian will always give credit where it is due, and if he meets someone with a lick of intelligence or talent that he can recognize, his tolerance level starts to go up. It's a long process to completely earn Sebastian's respect and start to work your way up to friend level, and even then the friendship will almost certainly be constantly laced with sarcasm and snide comments. But he's as genuine a friend as you will ever find, and fun to be around if you can appreciate his sarcastic sense of humor.

Sebastian takes his interest in music very seriously. His tastes vary from classical to metal and everything in between, as long as it's good. He plays guitar, and intends to learn other instruments in the future. His music collection is astounding, and his book collection almost as much so. He's very heavily into playing video games, both console and PC. This tends to be the only thing that brings out his angry side.

O T H E R xx

Sebastian is a psychic -- his current powers include hypnosis, aura reading, and telekinesis.
                You can read more about Sebastian here!

S P E C I F I C . R E Q U E S T S xx

Sebastian with his sister, Lisbet -- see next post!
                Ten-year-old Sebastian with newborn baby Lisbet.
                Sebastian angrily playing video games!
                Something ridiculously goth.

x
pending header

x

N A M E xx Lisbet Esperanza Horn
                G E N D E R xx Female
                R A C E xx Human | Norwegian, German, Italian
                A G E xx Nine

R E F E R E N C E S xx None! Can anyone work off a description to get her first reference? I did use a doll maker to come up with a fairly accurate reference of what she may look like when she's older, and you can also use her brother Sebastian for a little assistance on colors.

A P P E A R A N C E xx Lisbet is a small girl, short for her age but a bit on the curvier side; wider hips, thicker legs, and a heart-shaped face. She's by no means unhealthy or overweight, just built that way. With the same wine-colored hair and pale skin as her brother, she also was born with curious-colored eyes, but pink! Her hair is long, reaching to her lower back, mostly straight but curlier towards the ends. Her bangs are cut straight across.

Having spent so much time with her brother, even at her young age she's been heavily influenced by his gothic style. However, she tends to go for more frilly, old-fashioned articles of clothing. She favors short, lacy and multi-layered skirts, thigh-high stockings (especially with bows), high-collars and wide-rimmed hats with ridiculous amounts of decorative things. She's surprisingly good at painting her nails black. The only thing stopping her from wearing excessive amounts of dark makeup is her age.

Lisbet always stands as straight and tall as she can muster. She's very confident in herself, and it shows!

I M P O R T A N T . D E T A I L S xx None!

P E R S O N A L I T Y xx Lisbet takes things very literally. Most times sarcasm and figures of speech go right over her head. She also has no filter. Whatever she's feeling or thinking, no matter how inappropriate it may be to voice that, she'll say it! She can be very prone to angry outbursts. If she doesn't get her way with something important to her or if someone does something she finds incredibly wrong, she will throw a fit.

The biggest thing that gets her heated is animal rights, alongside anything to do with nature and preserving the environment as a whole. She listens almost exclusively to classical music, and recently has started (without him knowing, oops) digging through her brother's books and reading about the occult. She doesn't understand much of what she reads -- come on, she's seven -- but she's very curious.

O T H E R xx

Lisbet is a psychic - her current power is geokinesis.
                You can read more about Lisbet here!
                She has a pet teacup pig. He's tiny and pink with black patches and big eyes.
                The pig is also psychic. He has powers of geokinesis and hypnosis.

Lisbet with her brother, Sebastian -- see above post!
                Newborn baby Lisbet with ten-year-old Sebastian.
                Lisbet having a geokinetic outburst. Mini quakes!
                Lisbet and her friend Zelda -- see next post!
                Lisbet and her pet teacup pig.

x
pending header

x

N A M E xx Zelda Eve Thompson (played by Ravina Loki)
                G E N D E R xx Female
                R A C E xx Human | Black
                A G E xx Nine

R E F E R E N C E S xx [ x ] [ x ]

A P P E A R A N C E xx Although not among the smallest children - truly on par with other children her age - Zelda's physical appearance is stout and a little round; with baby fat limbs, chubby cheeks that dimple on both sides when she smiles, and a child's belly. Her skin is dark brown and marred only by the occasional faint scarring from assorted falls, scrapes, and other minor playtime mishaps. It's not uncommon for Zelda to walk around with a band aid across her knee or covering her elbow from some little bump on her travels.

The most eye catching physical feature Zelda has is no doubt her hair. Her eyes might have taken this spot if her hair did not cover them! Topping her head in swirly, curled bangs and fluffy shortness everywhere else, Zelda's hair is a pastel purple that makes it hard for her to be camouflaged anywhere. She rather likes her hair, especially its ease to maintain and is wholly nonplussed by the fact it outwardly appears to obscure her vision. Opposite to what people might think, Zelda can see perfectly fine and likens her hair to a two-way mirror when joking around. Beneath her bangs her eyes are a deep indigo color and a little big for her face in truth. Occasionally she will push her hair out of her eyes however this is not a common occurrence as it seems she finds enjoyment in leaving people mystified to if and how she can see. Zelda has a button nose and unlike her eyes it is not completely covered by her hair. Her mouth is the same in the latter respect, and her lips are slender.

When it comes to clothing, despite her inclination to explore the outdoors, Zelda is fond of girly things. She says it's because girly things actually provide a degree of looseness and ease of wear that she favors when going about her day. She loves dresses and skirts as much as shorts and capris but regardless of what it is, the more flowing or formless the cloth, the happier she is. The jury is out on sleeves. She enjoys the occasional t-shirt and sweaters when it gets cold, but the warmer months are for bare shoulders all the way! What's more, Zelda seems to not be picky when it comes to color and her wardrobe is a rainbow tucked away in a set of drawers. Given her nature, some days she chooses to clash, while others she makes an ensemble work together. Any counselor, camper, or other camp-slash-school denizen will notice is Zelda readily shuns shoes whenever possible. Barefoot is the way to be, but if she absolutely MUST? Sandals, puddles or no puddles.

I M P O R T A N T . D E T A I L S xx Hair covering her eyes, swirly bang in front, cowlick-thing in back, barefoot forever.

P E R S O N A L I T Y xx Zelda doesn't so much "dance through life" as she does float through it because this is a child who always goes with the flow. This flow occasionally leads her to places where she gets into unintentional trouble, but with a personality as easygoing as hers is, Zelda is less likely to be bothered by her situation and instead more mildly amused by it.

Carefree? You have Zelda in one word. Careless? Almost, but not entirely and not to a degree that make her apathetic or insensitive toward others. Instead, Zelda is one hundred percent a mellow girl. With a natural affinity for hydrokinesis, Zelda seems to take 'going with the flow' to the next level with how laid-back and mild-mannered she is. She lives her life with the notion that nothing needs to be rushed nor should be rushed and that doing so is...well...a silly thing to do. How can one enjoy life when they're stressing out or running around like a decapitated chicken? From Zelda's point of view, it seems that they cannot and that's just a saddening thing because it's fun to be relaxed and thoroughly comfortable.

Because she is relaxed as anything (and perhaps even more than that), nothing seems to bother this girl. She takes everything in stride and with such level-headed clarity that it's a wonder if she ever gets riled up about anything at all. It seems she doesn't, as Zelda goes through her days with a surprisingly thick skin. Insults and the like don't seem to phase her much at all and in fact it might make a person wonder if she's even listening to what's being said! Yes, she is a complete and utter space-case, particularly fond of daydreaming when not in conversation - or even when in one as she seems to slip into the clouds without any warning. Thanks to this, you'll find she might end up lost or a half hour late to some engagement quite often. Her apologetic excuses are usually heartfelt - she does feel bad if she does miss out on something entirely or hurts someone's feelings - but she seems in no hurry to change her methods...or do much else quickly either.

Yes, Zelda is quite the procrastinator. As before, she sees no benefit in getting upset or worked up over the little things and this definitely extends to tasks throughout the day. Taking the laundry out, doing the dishes...Her thoughts on such matters are 'it can be done a little later, don't worry'. This of course ends up repeated over and over and while she's generally an absentminded girl in regards to her possessions, saying "I forgot" is the excuse she generally ends up using before apologizing and saying something along the lines of "Don't get flustered, it'll get done". Eventually it does, but people around Zelda might end up getting frustrated with her lack of immediate motivation and lackadaisical ways. At least on a plus side she is quite amicable and can a decent listener so long as the conversation holds or a brief moment of mental wanderlust doesn't kick in. Zelda takes to just about anyone almost immediately. A few minute conversation with her is enough to have her telling her counselors or parents "I made a friend today" and she gives people the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves to be the sort she doesn't approve of (ie: mean people). Because of this, she's bound to have many more acquaintances than she does solid friends, but all are cherished just as equally and are bound to receive a little something on the appropriate holidays.

When it comes to full frontal assault - more than likely the verbal kind at this time in her life - Zelda remains as cool as the cucumber in the back of the fridge. Quite possibly frustrating for some, it seems as if she just doesn't care. Threats, shouting, upset gestures, and even cursing just go right over her head and her responses are often pleasant and/or otherwise curious in nature. Why is this person shouting? Don't they know that it's not good for their blood pressure? They're inside, so shouldn't they use their inside voice? It's not very nice to yell - it disrupts everyone else and gets spit on the face of the person being yelled at!

O T H E R xx Zelda is a natural born hydrokinetic - she has mental power over water. As she grows she will develop other psychic abilities but for the time being just has the one. She also has a pet piranha named Chewie who is surly and gluttonous and can set people's pants on fire with his mind. Zelda loves the water and all the creatures in it - but jellyfish especially! Their 'go with the flow' lifestyle fits Zelda to a T!

With Lisbet at the beach using their powers in unison to make sand castles!
                Sleepover time with Lisbet talking aliens and witches and watching supernatural shows.
                Cute demonstrations of her hydrokinesis.
                Zelda with Chewie.
                Various outfits!

x
pending header

x

N A M E xx Alexis "Phoenix" Argyris
                G E N D E R xx Male
                R A C E xx Human | Greek
                A G E xx Thirty-two

R E F E R E N C E S xx [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

A P P E A R A N C E xx Standing just shy of six feet and weighing 160lbs, Phoenix takes pride in his appearance. He boasts his minimal body fat to his friends, and always dresses sharp – usually slacks and dress shoes with a button-up shirt. Even when he's being “lazy” he only downgrades the top to a muscle shirt. He keeps his natural, almost silvery white hair neatly combed back into a low ponytail that hangs just past his shoulder blades, and he has joyful golden eyes set into dark tan toned skin. His black facial hair he keeps neatly trimmed to keep up his respectable appearance while still having a delightful amount of scruff.

I M P O R T A N T . D E T A I L S xx Always sharply dressed!

P E R S O N A L I T Y xx Phoenix is happy all the time; he's social and charismatic. If it weren't for his bad pickup lines and going completely over the top with sweetness, he'd have no problem finding a girl. He thinks he's smooth, but it's as if he learned all of his moves from a bad 80's film. Alas, his daughter and his restaurant are his life. Not to say he doesn't try anymore, but he puts considerably less effort into developing a romantic life. He's driven, always improving on his restaurant, and busting butt to make sure everything is always done right and fast. The sooner he gets home to see Zoe the better, but he's not the type to leave early just because he's the boss. And if he is late, the babysitter lives conveniently on their floor. He's very family oriented. Every Sunday night he and Zoe visit his parents and brother for a home cooked meal. On work days he still cooks most nights and watches movies with his daughter, and on days off they often go to the park or zoo. Alone time doesn't appeal to Phoenix at all. He's a bleeding heart when it comes to his daughter. When she's hurt or sick, no matter how tough she is about it, he'll cry and worry incessantly. He dislikes anything gruesome or gorey, hence his aversion to horror movies. He'd rather something funny or theatrical.

O T H E R xx

He has a pet pit bull named Dionysus - Dio for short. References soon.
                He owns a Greek restaurant named Ambrosia.

Phoenix with his baby girl Zoe -- see next post.
                Phoenix getting drunk with Damien -- see the post after that!
                Working at his restaurant.
                Sleeping that cutie~

x
pending header

x

N A M E xx Zoe Melina Argyris (frequently "honey/honey boo/honey bear/etc." from middle name)
                G E N D E R xx Female
                R A C E xx Human | Greek
                A G E xx Six

R E F E R E N C E S xx None! Again, work from a description for now? I did make a doll again though. Sleepy Zoe~

A P P E A R A N C E xx The spitting image of her father, Zoe was born with equally snow white hair that curls magnificently, which she likes to keep tied up in two corkscrew pigtails. She has long bangs which brush the lids of her eyes, which are large and golden (from whence her middle name meaning 'honey' originates) against her tan skin. She has a love for cute clothes, particularly with lace, and mary janes. She has a small build, a bit short for her age.

P E R S O N A L I T Y xx Zoe is (unfortunately) one of those children that you can't sneak anything past. She's smart, so if you try to pull the wool over her eyes she will immediately call you out on it. She's an intuitive child, and is not easily put off by strangers unless she feels something is wrong with them. If she thinks someone is okay, she is the furthest thing from shy. She's quite outspoken for a little girl, and always makes sure her opinion is heard. She understands a surprising amount for her age, which often leads to her dad forgetting he's talking to a kid. While she might hate the sound of her dad's music, she absolutely loves when he listens to it because they will dance and have fun for hours, so she's okay with it. Zoe also has the tendency to take her dreams very seriously. A bad one can mess her up for the entire day, and she always thinks good ones means something nice is going to happen.

O T H E R xx

Zoe's a total daddy's girl. 'Nuff said.

Zoe playing with her daddy, Phoenix -- have him throwing her in the air or something!
                Lounging about with the dog, Dio -- she calls him Dino.
                Zoe finding Damien's crazy a** drunk and asleep on the couch -- next post... |D

x
pending header

x

N A M E xx Damien Lark (played by ex o ex Snoof)
                G E N D E R xx Male
                R A C E xx Human | White American Mutt
                A G E xx Thirty-four

R E F E R E N C E S xx [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ]

A P P E A R A N C E xx Damien would describe himself as a carrot. He has carrot orange messy hair and his skin isn't the usual ginger pale, instead a very light and barely there sort of tan. His eyes are a light grey-blue and if they aren't wide and playful then they're half-lidded and mischievous. Most often Damien dresses casually, preferring to sport a red hooded sweatshirt with the sleeves rolled halfway up his arms, dark pants, and a pair of combat boots – he also has a long black vest for even more pocket room. He is almost never seen without a few piercings and a pair of dog tags are always around his neck.

P E R S O N A L I T Y xx A flirtatious spitfire that doesn't seem to know when to stop horsing around, Damien's the sort that can never seem to take anything seriously. He's playful and skirts around the rules as much as he can while trying to avoid consequences, tempting fate where he can. He warms up easily around others and is nothing short of a social butterfly, whether that means calling you up at 2AM for drinks, going to McDonalds drunk, or making out shortly after getting acquainted – it all depends on your tolerance and comfort levels. Damien's a friendly guy who works hard to get along with everyone, keeping the mentality that there isn't enough time in life to sweat the small stuff or hold grudges. Hell, there isn't even enough time to get mad. He works hard, he plays hard, and is a rebel with a good heart when the chips are down. For his friends, there's little Damien wouldn't do even at the expense of himself. On the flip side, he considers himself selfish and something of a coward; unable to deal with hardship like most, he prefers to ignore negativity as best he can. Laughter is the only thing he wants to bring to others, and it's one of the only emotional responses he allows himself: laugh through the fear, laugh through the pain, laugh through the tears. He tries very hard not to let anything get him down or allow others to notice when something's off. Damien has to look on the bright side of life. After all, he's got luck on his side.

O T H E R xx Damien doesn't have any pets or outright powers. However, he dabbles with sleight of hand and street magic, mostly involving playing card or coin tricks. One might also choose to draw him with tactical weaponry; standard issue Army or hunting knives, a sniper rifle, etc. He is closely associated with the element of fire so that could easily be incorporated.

Laughing while making rude or lewd gestures.
                Being buddy-buddy with an arm around Pheonix's shoulder.
                Looking flirtatious somehow (playful and silly or serious).
                General eye candy, he strip teases as a joke or for real.

x
post ten

- reserved
post eleven

- reserved
post twelve

- reserved
post thirteen

- spotlight
- received art
post fourteen

- wish list