Welcome to Gaia! ::

just updating that neither of us have received payment yet ; u ;

looking back at the other conversation we also wanted to ask a few questions that were brought up as well as recapping the situation.

Is the payment being delayed because you don't have the money?
Or is it because you don't have the time to send the money?

We also went and backtracked your recent posts again to see if we missed something, there seems to be a health situation but, once again, we're not going to be taking it as a reason for the delay because neither of us ( or the thread ) was informed that this would also mean that payment would be delayed again too. The amount of money agreed upon isn't a small amount, and from both sides there is the commissioner making sure they have the money to spend and commissioned expecting that money to come.

Communication still seems like a problem, we're trying hard to be patient but it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep giving the benefit of the doubt in an unknown situation. Sorry if we are coming off as harsh or sounding ungrateful but, we're trying to understand the situation while also pointing out our side :

1 ) Payment was offered ahead but we declined and asked to be paid afterwards because of the large quantity. Extra payment was even offered to finish the artwork during the drawing period that we declined as well and worked with the original agreed price. We assume if extra was being offered, that money was not an issue or had been set aside. We were also not informed when payment was promised 'asap' that it wouldn't actually be 'asap' because there was possibly no money at the moment to pay. Continually, throughout the whole drawing process up till communication was cut off, at no time was the money problems mentioned.

2 ) Artwork was completed and payment ( with no problems mentioned ) was guaranteed on its way but then no word there after, not even a reply to any of our messages despite being able to talk to your friends in their threads. We finally get a reply only when we had to finally fall on our last plan of action which was to contact the friends being drawn in the commissioned artwork and post publicly in a thread. Only then was both of us contacted back about the situation plus a post made in the thread by the person we were wishing to reach.

Why is it that our messages were being ignored but friends were able to receive a response? Looking back at how many messages both myself and the other artist had sent to Val, there weren't just one or two but quite a few over a period of time. Yet, after we asked friends to help us contact Val replies were much quicker than any we've had received ( which was none ).

From our initial conversations, we did have good impression and trust for Val for being patient with us as we worked. But we are really beginning to question if this is going to fall through as nothing has been done yet. Three days since the promised day of payment may seem quick to jump to a conclusion but honestly all these delays are adding up for us. We would like to hurry and get this behind our backs and move on from this headache to be perfectly honest.

We sincerely hope to hear soon about the situation soon and if another date is made for the payment that this time it will be the last 'promise' that we will have to look for.

We are also sorry for dragging others into this mess but, it seems to be the only way almost to guarantee we will receive a response rather than contacting Val directly based on what we've already tried to do in the past.
And if a solution cannot be found, we apologize but we would then ask everyone who had access to the artwork to take it down or delete it OTL
We will also be taking this as a lesson learned to accept payment upfront rather than wait at a later date.

Thank you for everyone for your help so far,
- ciepheus & Leia_purple

The Intelli-Gent

PetrichoraV

Teastain

Canadian_Trekkett

Suneagle

lilgemangel

de Hemel op Aarde

Leonidas Peridot

Cein Suki

BabyKagomeGirl

Nyaoista

Dark M00nlight

Phoenixfire Lune Soleil

xxMoosie_Foreverxx

Maria Moonfang

AngelicHottie126

Demon_Shiska

Broken Logic BHP

Romantic Rogue

ciepheus

User Image

I hate to say it, but I don't think you're getting paid, like I predicted. As you all can see, I questioned him publicly about the faulty logic he presented me with about why he is unable to pay now, and he stopped answering when I was beginning to corner him; I predicted it was a stalling technique, and since he still hasn't paid, I must only say I was correct with my original prediction that the artists wouldn't be paid, which I told them privately. Sorry to both of you, but there's nothing I can do beyond what I already attempted of confronting his logic here as I did. I have many, many family members, loved ones, and friends in the military, navy, and air force, and I don't know what he could be spending his money on that the Military gets priority of. They have a small store that people can buy things like canteens and such if they lost their own, but that's not more than $10, nothing you'd spend more than $200 on, so I questioned that too, but mentally instead of actually asking him, so there's fault in that whole money thing he was saying anyway. And as far as I remember, in the charity when I was active, he came on every day regularly with no issue, so the timing of disappearing and being unable to come on frequently is quite strange, ain't it? It's just all pointing to him avoiding payment, sad to say, and making excuses to do so. It's a "classic" to offer more money when there's an inconvenience of some kind, like being unable to pay, to hold you off to give you some patience, to when you're finally beginning to question him - especially publicly to finally get him to answer - to offer more money as a kind of reassurance and appearance of being a good person. Sorry to say, I hope he eventually pays but like I said originally, don't get your hopes up; I would prefer to not be involved anymore however because there's nothing I can do and I don't want to have people who are friends with him, or him, to start causing drama with me, I'm also quitting Gaia anyhow, so there'd be no point. Good luck to you both and everyone to get something out of him.

User Image

Timid Bibliophile

ciepheus

I am so very sorry this happened. I haven't spoken to Val in a very long time, so I'm afraid I can't really help you with this beyond hoping that Val will do as he promised.
Again, I am very sorry, and I hope this will be resolved very soon, because the art you made is absolutely gorgeous.
The Intelli-Gent

PetrichoraV

Teastain

Canadian_Trekkett

Suneagle

lilgemangel

de Hemel op Aarde

Leonidas Peridot

Cein Suki

BabyKagomeGirl

Nyaoista

Dark M00nlight

Phoenixfire Lune Soleil

xxMoosie_Foreverxx

Maria Moonfang

AngelicHottie126

Demon_Shiska

Broken Logic BHP

Hello ! I'm the other artist who's involved in the commission and would like to thank everyone who helped us out with this problem thus far ! Apologies for the tagging ; 7 ;

It made me really angry at first when all our pms went unanswered even when he obviously had internet connection long enough to talk to his friends in the forums, but despite that we still tried to trust him to hold up his end of the agreement since he'd left a fairly positive impression on me from the time he purchased a commission from me a long time ago, even though it was with Gaia gold. Plus I'd pm'd The Intelli-Gent myself to check on his whereabouts when i first became worried that he'd run off with the artwork, but was assured that he was simply in camp and had no access to internet hence tend to be absent for long periods of time. Sad to know that my instinct was right.

Back to the main reason for my reply. As ciepheus had said, we aren't going to take your medical issue as a delay. Because if you have the time to come into the forum and type up long replies to your friends about how unfortunate you were, then you'll have the time to do what you have promised. It has been 3 days since the promised date, judging from past experience we can only conclude that you are avoiding us. Including Broken Logic BHP's questions.

At least have the guts to tell us what you intend to do instead of stalling this bullshit, or do you not even have the courage for that? Does it really pleases you so much to have your friends know that you can afford to throw in money for them? Because guess what, if this isn't resolved, whoever who read this thread won't be the only ones who'll know about this. Ask anyone who deals with artists and commission regularly and you'll know what we'll do. Before you want to say anything about me threatening you here, prove to us that we are wrong and hold up your end of the agreement.

However, if you are going to make the payment and then do us in with Paypal chargebacks, then we'll have to revoke your ownership over the artwork. If chargeback is going to be your plan, then everyone who has the artwork will have to delete them and we can end this bullshit right here.

Once again, my gratitude to those who extended a helping hand to us, and a good day/night to you all !

Magical Dragon

27,175 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Hello artists! I'm sorry for this unfortunate event...
Val didn't strike me as a person who would back out on his words before...I'm not close to him really nor talked with him a lot or recently, but as his friend, I still have trust and hope that he will pay soon..I know its super delayed... I'm really really sorry for that...I really hope this gets resolved soon...

Do advise us if you guys want to do with the impressive art you drew of us... If you want to take it back... We shall respect your decisions...

thank you everyone for being supportive with the situation! ; ___ ;

but yeah...it is closing in on already a week past the promised day and we're close to officially writing this off as a scam until otherwise proven it was real. yeah, we're dragging it out into the open but at the moment i'm done trying to be as polite with keeping the dirty laundry in private. Or at least i liked to think that i held back tearing into this situation even more but my patience has been worn down.

If we do not hear back ( any form ) from Val within the next few days, we WILL be taking further action like my partner had commented on. Such types of action will include forewarning other artists in dealing with Val ( especially when it comes to RL commissions ) as there are sites dedicated to situations such as these when the RL payment doesn't follow through too. In simpler terms, it will pretty much have Val's name smeared from a lot of artist communities following up making sure we get word out to warn others of his involvement on gaia too and to be forewarned even if that is virtual and not real money. Artist band together in situations such as these and we'll be making darn sure that this will not happen to another artist again.

We're already under the assumption the waiting will be the same, no results, so we're already fully prepared to go ahead with our plans and now just waiting those last days to see if somehow Val can prove us, and all those who were dragged into it, wrong.

This is the last time i'm going to bother posting on this thread, i appreciate everyone else who was dragged into it trying to help out ; u ; i'll be sure to make this post count. ( hopefully ) and sum the conclusion of this whole ordeal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ SOME WORDS JUST FOR VAL IF YOU EVER READ THIS

Payment is a serious issue and now both myself and my partner will have to figure out how to get back those hours we lost as it equals the same of $$ since we both do freelance commissions for income. It was a huge blow to not have this commission follow through. If Val replies and it was a issue of getting the money in time / for other expenses, well we also have that issue too but now we don't have any money to use to pay for such things. We will give some helpful advice if Val ever tries to RL commission another artist.

Do not promise money that you do not have. Other artists aren't as understanding as we had ( at the beginning ) tried to be when it comes to using said promised money on other expenses. This is a job for us, we relied on expecting that promised income to come in but instead we had to waste even more time trying to struggle in finding out that this wasn't even real. We honestly have better things to do with that time, such as finding other clients that would pay our agreements. If you had other expenses to pay RL that you prioritized, you should have thought about putting money aside first as precaution for those instead of using the extra money to spend on something you now cannot pay.

I am disappointed by what has happened. I am at fault as well for not taking precautions with asking for the money first instead of gambling on the idea and appeal of how trustworthy I had assumed Val to be. I am also plagued with guilt that I had dragged my fellow friend and artist into a deal that never went through, wasting her time as well for partnering up with me to finish the commission.

The situation should never had reached this point and we are done hoping that somehow it would end up right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ FOR THOSE THAT WERE INCLUDED IN THE ARTWORK

We will be contacting everyone involved in the artwork directly through PMs if it does end up like we assume. This will be the last contact we have pulling others into this mess or dealing with it. The PM will mainly just be to ask if everyone could delete and stop using the artwork that has been unpaid for. I understand that it was a 'gift ', so we will be relying on appealing to everyone's ethics to delete this because of the wrongdoing that occurred with the payment that was promised for it.

whoops i lied about last post, forgot we'll like to publicly state what we're doing.
so anyways no response ( not surprising anymore )
and we're going to go ahead and send out those pms to everyone.

not even going to bother sending one to Val.
we hope that your recovery goes well with your hand though ; u ;

currently not able to individually pm every single person again but wanted to let you all know at least here that val has just sent us the payment and we are giving back the artwork for everyone to use.

so far i have receive the money and now waiting on leia to receive her half.

we are glad to see this come to a conclusion, and once again thank you.
I'm kind of late. redface I saw a preview of the lineart and a preview of a few people colored. It was really pretty. Hopefully everything works out.
we believe that leia's payment was sent to thewrong paypal sinceshe has yet to receive the money and val mentioned a diff name that had showed up when he sent it. Been attempting since then to get in contact with val to reverse it to send to leia.

Val if you see this, please check your pms

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces